What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty & Redraft: Devine Ozigbo (1 Viewer)

Haven't really gone through the RB's yet, but 2 minutes watching him I say he's a laterally quick Jay Ajayi.  Not a bad first impression I'd say.  

The Draft Network's Joe Marino writes that Nebraska RB Devine Ozigbo impressed during practice on Wednesday ahead of the East-West Shrine Game.

As Marino notes, events like this aren't necessarily made for prospects like Ozigbo (6'0/235) who are more likely to run through tackles than breaking ankles. Even still, the former Cornhusker has impressed in practices. "Ozigbo is an extremely smooth mover with good feet and body control as a runner," writes Marino. "He catches the ball cleanly and even won on a wheel route down the field in team drills today." Someone looking for a third-down back that can move the chains as a short-yardage back will do well to look Ozigbo's way.

Source: The Draft Network 

Jan 16 - 7:07 PM

First I heard of him was when one of the draft network guys listed him at #10. So I looked at his highlights. I can't figure out why he'd not highly rated. If I had to choose a  RB out of this group right now it would be him. Now he's getting rave reviews at the shrine practices. His combine should elevate him more. His frame is built for the NFL and he's got speed at 230. He's mini Jamal Lewis. Only issue is lack of carries over his 4 years but that's actually a good thing.

I cant recall where I heard about him.but I really liked what I saw/read (cant recall if it was a TV story or an article. probably an article since I dont watch much of any espn). 

To be honest, I forgot about him. Could be a fast riser. thanks for posting

Last edited by a moderator:
First I heard of him was when one of the draft network guys listed him at #10. So I looked at his highlights. I can't figure out why he'd not highly rated. If I had to choose a  RB out of this group right now it would be him. Now he's getting rave reviews at the shrine practices. His combine should elevate him more. His frame is built for the NFL and he's got speed at 230. He's mini Jamal Lewis. Only issue is lack of carries over his 4 years but that's actually a good thing.
To be fair, he was pretty mediocre prior to Frost’s arrival. 

Devine Ozigbo - RB -  Cornhuskers

The Draft Network's Kyle Crabbs called Nebraska RB Devine Ozigbo the best prospect he saw during East-West Shrine Game practices this week.

Crabbs notes that Ozigbo showed up measuring in at 219 pounds, a sharp shave off his listed 2018 weight of 230 pounds (Crabbs hears he was playing around 222 pounds during the season). Wrote the analyst, "Ozigbo carries his weight extremely well and showcases a thick lower half, which allows him to generate power in the pile and at first contact." He relays that after a quiet start in St. Petersburg, Ozigbo has showcased "burst, cuts and receiving chops" during the practice week. The Draft Network views him as the eighth-best running back prospect for the spring.

Source: The Draft Network 

Jan 17 - 4:55 PM

Nebraska RB Devine Ozigbo did not receive an invitation to the NFL Scouting Combine.

This one counts as a snub in our book, as Ozigbo has intrigue as a Day 3 sleeper. The 6-foot, 219-pounder was a standout performer at the East-West Shrine Game last month, showing out with an array of nice moves and cuts while measuring in considerably more svelte than his listed 2018 weight of 230 pounds. Ozigbo will still have a chance to impress in testing at Nebraska's pro day on March 7, but he deserved a shot on the national combine stage.

Source: Matt Miller on Twitter 

Feb 7 - 4:15 PM

338 prospects invited to the combine and Ozigbo doesn’t get a sniff?  It just keeps getting harder and harder to take the NFL seriously these days.  13 carries a game at 7.0 ypc in the Big 10, 2 catches a game, 6’ and  235 lbs and he’s not a serious candidate of interest for NFL teams?

338 prospects invited to the combine and Ozigbo doesn’t get a sniff?  It just keeps getting harder and harder to take the NFL seriously these days.  13 carries a game at 7.0 ypc in the Big 10, 2 catches a game, 6’ and  235 lbs and he’s not a serious candidate of interest for NFL teams?

The list of snubs this year is fairly egregious. I’m not sure what knuckle grinder is putting it together but there is zero need to leave these kinds of players out. They left out Penny Hart, Wes Hills, Darwin Thompson, Olamide Zaccheaus and Anthony Ratliff-Williams... it boggles the mind. Then people wonder why the Pats still are able to hold an advantage over the league in 2019. How can teams find this acceptable?

Oh and they also invited multiple injured players who already can’t participate like Bryce Love.

Bojang0301 said:
The list of snubs this year is fairly egregious. I’m not sure what knuckle grinder is putting it together but there is zero need to leave these kinds of players out. They left out Penny Hart, Wes Hills, Darwin Thompson, Olamide Zaccheaus and Anthony Ratliff-Williams... it boggles the mind. Then people wonder why the Pats still are able to hold an advantage over the league in 2019. How can teams find this acceptable?

Oh and they also invited multiple injured players who already can’t participate like Bryce Love.
You have no idea how much my heart sank when these 2 didn't get invites.  

If these jabronies need the combine to determine if Ozigbo is NFL material, they need fired. It should not affect his draft position much. What it does mean is that he won't go to some ham & egger organization that drafts bums like Tavon Austin in the 1st round....at pick 8 :lmao:  . It does mean he will have to work harder than the RBs on the team drafted ahead of him if any are.

If these jabronies need the combine to determine if Ozigbo is NFL material, they need fired. It should not affect his draft position much. What it does mean is that he won't go to some ham & egger organization that drafts bums like Tavon Austin in the 1st round....at pick 8 :lmao:  . It does mean he will have to work harder than the RBs on the team drafted ahead of him if any are.
As much as you should be correct, combine attendance is important to these half wits. Philip Lindsay went undrafted last year despite running a 4.3 at his pro day with several years of high level production. I get that we as fantasy players only focus on postitional players but I really don’t understand how bad the NFL’s process is still. Not all 32 teams are going to go watch Georgia State’s pro day for Penny Hart and he was at the Senior Bowl. I don’t even consider some of the guys I mentioned “fringe”, they flat out belong and I don’t understand why they won’t be in attendance.

I'll take those numbers. He's way better than 1/2 the guys invited to the combine. 222 or 233? makes a big difference since he was 219 at the SR bowl. He says 222. If it's 233, there's a little weight problem because he should be weighing the same and not ballooning up for a workout.

I'll take those numbers. He's way better than 1/2 the guys invited to the combine. 222 or 233? makes a big difference since he was 219 at the SR bowl. He says 222. If it's 233, there's a little weight problem because he should be weighing the same and not ballooning up for a workout.

Lincoln Journal Star was present and said he weighed in at 222 lbs

Draft Analyst's Tony Pauline passes along that Nebraska RB Devine Ozigbo is seeing interest from the Chicago Bears, New Orleans Saints and San Francisco 49ers

Ozigbo (6'0/222) took part in athletic testing during Nebraska's pro day on Thursday after failing to receive a (deserved) invitation to the NFL Scouting Combine. He relayed to reporters after his workout that he had been timed in the high 4.5's/low 4.6's in his 40-yard dash while registering a 37-inch vertical jump and a 10-foot-4 broad jump. He also showed out nicely on the bench press with 19 reps. Ozigbo is angling for a Day 3 selection in the draft.

SOURCE: Draft Analyst

Mar 8, 2019, 3:23 PM

Ozigbo really popped for me in the Nebraska games I watched.  Landing spot will be really important but he is guy I will be targeting in rookie drafts 

He's one of the very few RB's this class with a full skillset.  I'm excited to see what he can do as a sleeper.  I'd imagine he's in the late 2nd consideration maybe even higher considering there's probably only 3-4 other RB's this year with an all around profile like him.  

I wish he was going to be high second consideration. No combine invite essentially makes him a day three pick. I’m guessing 4th round. If he sneaks into the third I’ll be ecstatic.

Bleacher Report's Matt Miller said Nebraska RB Devine Ozigbo "could excel with an inside zone team."

Ozigbo (6'0/222) was one of the bigger NFL Scouting Combine snubs this time around, but he is reportedly still receiving plenty of interest across the NFL. Miller finds Ozigbo's power and ability to rip off big plays as a nice fit for zone blocking schemes. At Nebraska's pro day, Ozigbo showed quality burst (37-inch vertical) but was just average in the forty (high 4.5s or low 4.6s). Not getting an invite to the Combine hurts his draft stock, but he is certainly in play early on Day 3. We are cautiously optimistic that Ozigbo can carve out a role in the NFL.

SOURCE: Matt Miller on Twitter

Mar 10, 2019, 1:25 PM

The Draft Network's Kyle Crabbs lists Nebraska RB Devine Ozigbo as a player who helped his stock after his Pro Day.

Ozigbo (6'0/233) was a snub from the NFL Scouting Combine, but he was able to show out at his pro day, as Crabbs mentions, with a 37-inch vertical and 40-yard dash time of 4.53 (it's worth noting that we have gotten a wide variety of times there). "Oh yeah, and only one of the names to out-jump Devine in either drill is also over 225 pounds," writes Crabbs. "Good tape plus good testing = a good player."

SOURCE: The Draft Network

Mar 11, 2019, 8:29 AM

The Athletic's Dane Brugler has Nebraska RB Devine Ozigbo as RB20.

Rotoworld's Josh Norris is very sad, as he's been a favorite of ours despite not receiving an NFL Scouting Combine invite. Brugler calls Ozigbo (6'0/223) a "solid" running back prospect but he's a few tiers below the top backs in the class. At the Nebraska Pro Day, Ozigbo ran the 40-yard dash in the mid-to-high 4.5s with a 37-inch vertical, so athleticism is not going to be an issue for his NFL projection. Ozigbo's primary issue is his projected mid-to-late-round draft capital.

SOURCE: Dane Brugler on Twitter

Apr 1, 2019, 12:08 PM

The Athletic's Dane Brugler projects Nebraska RB Devine Ozigbo to be drafted.

After a slow build-up to his career, Ozigbo (6'0/223) averaged 7.0 yards per carry on his way to 1,082 rushing yards and 12 touchdowns, but that wasn't enough to receive an NFL Scouting Combine invitation. That means Ozigbo is not a lock to be drafted, but we hope Brugler is correct as he often is. Ozigbo showed that he should have been a combine invitee at his pro day by running in the mid 4.5s and jumping 37 inches on the vertical. With all things considered, a Day 3 pick seems fair.

SOURCE: Dane Brugler on Twitter

Apr 22, 2019, 3:18 PM

Saints signed Nebraska RB Devine Ozigbo.

Ozigbo (5’11/222) operated as a committee back for three seasons before exploding as a 2018 senior for 155/1,082/12 (7.0 YPC) rushing with 23 catches. Per PFF College, Ozigbo gained first downs or scored a touchdown on a Big Ten-high 34% of his 2018 carries. Still snubbed for a Combine invite, Ozigbo shined at his Pro Day with 4.54 speed and explosive vertical (37") and broad (10’4") jumps. A rich man’s C.J. Anderson, Ozigbo combines plus footwork for a big man with all-purpose versatility and a knack for breaking tackles on inside runs. Despite his lack of pre-draft fanfare, Ozigbo offers NFL starter potential.

SOURCE: Deuce Windham on Twitter

Apr 27, 2019, 5:14 PM

TartanLion said:
Anyone else taking him in rookie drafts ? I just grabbed him in the mid third, still think he could be something 
I like him quite a bit. He's a slightly more explosive version of Mike Tolbert, imo. Like it or not, there's a place for tubby runningbacks in this league, lol. I think the opportunity stinks but I trust New Orleans when it comes to drafting runningbacks. If they think he's worth rostering, that's all I need to know.

However, it's probably going to take somebody getting a boo- boo- for him to see playing time. But I see no reason he can't vulture some touchdowns and churn out a few 100-yard games in that offense. He's infinitely more talented than that schmuck Rob Kelly from the Redskins a few years back. For a more direct comparison, he's also more talented than Tim Hightower from when he had a run with the Saints a few years back.

To me this guy has a lot of draft twitter/sleeper hype that isn't exactly warranted. He's looks like a fine, average talent level NFL back. Worthy of a roster spot and could produce if forced into a starting role through injury, but not an overlooked gem.

Anyone who goes to the Saints is intriguing I suppose at first glance but I think he'll be overdrafted in rookie drafts. 

To me this guy has a lot of draft twitter/sleeper hype that isn't exactly warranted. He's looks like a fine, average talent level NFL back. Worthy of a roster spot and could produce if forced into a starting role through injury, but not an overlooked gem.

Anyone who goes to the Saints is intriguing I suppose at first glance but I think he'll be overdrafted in rookie drafts. 
Saints is about as good as you can get if you’re going undrafted. What ended up scaring me off of Devine was his late, late breakout age. Now, Nebraska was horrid before this season and he tested well for athleticism. I think if he got an opportunity he could survive at the NFL level. Going where he went though (undrafted) suggests he’ll only be thought of as a backup without overwhelmingly proving otherwise.

Does Buck Allen change anything? 

Or is this more of a situation where Ozigbo can be considered likely Murrays backup and Allen to Kamara?

Does NO keep 4 RBs? 

Does Buck Allen change anything? 

Or is this more of a situation where Ozigbo can be considered likely Murrays backup and Allen to Kamara?

Does NO keep 4 RBs? 
NO routinely keeps 6-7 RBs on the roster.  Wait and see if he makes it through camp. 

NO routinely keeps 6-7 RBs on the roster.  Wait and see if he makes it through camp. 
Wow... didnt realize this. Thanks

I understand it's too early to call. NO was considered a great landing spot, but that was pre Allen, so I guess I'm more asking if people still think this is a favorable landing spot

I understand it's too early to call. NO was considered a great landing spot, but that was pre Allen, so I guess I'm more asking if people still think this is a favorable landing spot
Think about all the 3 headed RB-monsters going back to at least when Reggie Bush played there with Deuce.  Sean Payton has a great track record with UFA RBs.  DOesn't mean he will play anytime soon.  

Yes.  But he’s still an UDFA so he’s still a longshot no matter how you spin it.

Yes.  But he’s still an UDFA so he’s still a longshot no matter how you spin it.
Here is a list of some of Sean Payton's undrafted free agent pick ups. 

RB Pierre Thomas
RB Chris Ivory
RB Khiry Robinson
TE Josh Hill
WR Brandon Coleman
RB Travaris Cadet.

Payton does have a history with undrafted free agents,  RBs in particular, that become starters at some point.  Maybe it would be a longer shot on other teams than the Saints. 

Here is a list of some of Sean Payton's undrafted free agent pick ups. 

RB Pierre Thomas
RB Chris Ivory
RB Khiry Robinson
TE Josh Hill
WR Brandon Coleman
RB Travaris Cadet.

Payton does have a history with undrafted free agents,  RBs in particular, that become starters at some point.  Maybe it would be a longer shot on other teams than the Saints. 

Yeah, he figures to get a fair shot and he’s likely to go as far as his talent will carry him there.

Users who are viewing this thread