What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] 2020 NFL Draft Class (3 Viewers)

Utah senior RB Zack Moss rushed 17 times for 115 yards and two touchdowns in Saturday's 35-0 victory against Cal.

Moss (5'10/222) was forced to miss time due to a shoulder injury, returning two weeks ago against Oregon State. It appears his injury is well in the rear-view mirror, as he is back to running hard and initiating plenty of contact. The bowling ball will look to keep up the good work next weekend in a road trip to Washington. He has total 335 rushing yards and six touchdowns, including two scores in each outing, over the past three games since returning from his injury.

Oct 27, 2019, 1:33 AM ET

SF rookie drafts are going to be bananas this year.  We could see first day picks of Tua, Burrow, Herbert, Hurts, Fromm, Love and Eason - 6 or 7 QBs pushing down the WR and RB studs. 

I'm sure the combine will weed out 2 to 4 of those, but 4 or 5 first round QBs is insane in SF. 

SF rookie drafts are going to be bananas this year.  We could see first day picks of Tua, Burrow, Herbert, Hurts, Fromm, Love and Eason - 6 or 7 QBs pushing down the WR and RB studs. 

I'm sure the combine will weed out 2 to 4 of those, but 4 or 5 first round QBs is insane in SF. 
That'll be really important to keep in mind for people that are going to compare draft position from past years to 2020

So far I have picks 1.1-1.5 and 1.10, 2.1, 2.8, 2.10, 3.1, and 3.8.

Pig in slop!

Tex

Speaking with Fran Duffy on the 'Journey to the Draft' podcast, Pro Football Network's Tony Pauline passes along that he has been hearing that Colorado junior WR Laviska Shenault will declare for the NFL Draft.

As Pauline, himself, noted, a declaration by Shenault would not cause anybody to blink. The analyst told Duffy that the Colorado star is "knee deep" in his decision-making process when it comes to choosing an agent, though he has not yet settled on one to this juncture. It's been something of an up/down year for the 6-foot-2, 224-pounder, who has been dealing with minor injury concerns throughout the fall. Shenault currently owns a 34-514-3 receiving line in seven games. He is one of several draft-eligible wideouts who will be in play for (potentially early) Day 1 selections next spring.

SOURCE: Journey to the Draft

Oct 30, 2019, 3:01 PM ET

Pretty close for me... Reagor over Higgins though and move Hubbard up a bit. 
Yeah I'd have Reagor and Dobbins in over  Tyler Johnson and Higgins. Just don't see it with Tyler Johnson. But he has a lot of fans so maybe I'm missing something. Higgins doesn't seem to have enough speed. Bryan Edwards gets dinged for lack of speed but I'm expecting him to run a faster 40 than Higgins.

Who is taking an early QB or going after FAs this year?  Probably damn near half the league.  I count 14 situations in which a QB change or draft pick is expected. 10 or 11 of those seem lightly likely.

I've got these as highly probable:

Miami

Bengals

Tennessee

Tampa Bay (Veteran if "right now Bruce" Arians stays)

Chicago

Denver

New England

Panthers (if they move on from Cam)

Also likely:

Chargers

Pittsburgh

New Orleans

Maybe:

Raiders

Minnesota

Washington

Six or Seven first round QBs is possible.

Who is taking an early QB or going after FAs this year?  Probably damn near half the league.  I count 14 situations in which a QB change or draft pick is expected. 10 or 11 of those seem lightly likely.

I've got these as highly probable:

Miami

Bengals

Tennessee

Tampa Bay (Veteran if "right now Bruce" Arians stays)

Chicago

Denver

New England

Panthers (if they move on from Cam)

Also likely:

Chargers

Pittsburgh

New Orleans

Maybe:

Raiders

Minnesota

Washington

Six or Seven first round QBs is possible.
That's a good list.  I would add the Colts. They may look at a QB early in the draft somewhere around the 3rd round.  They extended Brissett, but not sure if they view him as longer term.

Per Pro Football Focus, Alabama junior RB Najee Harris converts an FBS-best 43% of his carries into a first down or touchdown.

To the surprise of nobody, Alabama has carried on just fine since losing their previous running back to the NFL as a first-round pick. Harris (6'2/230) has stepped into the starting role phenomenally, moving the sticks or putting up points on two out of every five runs this season. While Harris' 5.94 yards per attempt is nothing special, it's clear that he is still ripping off productive plays at a high enough rate to balance his good-not-great yards per attempt mark.

SOURCE: PFF College on Twitter

Oct 31, 2019, 10:46 AM ET

TYLAN WALLACE SUFFERS A TORN ACL

Rotoworld:

The Oklahoman's Scott Wright reports that Oklahoma State junior WR Tylan Wallace will miss the remainder of the season with a torn ACL.

Wallace (6'0/185) injured his knee on a non-contact play during Wednesday's practice and subsequently went through several MRIs and the like to determine the exact severity of the issue. One of the best wide receivers on the college landscape, Wallace will be sorely missed by the Cowboys. He had racked up a 53-903-8 receiving line in eight games prior to this week's unfortunate early end to the campaign. Wallace is eligible to declare for the draft this winter, though obviously any plans to do so just became a little more complicated. On the Oklahoma State side of things, Tyrell Alexander and Langston Anderson were listed as Wallace's backups on this week's depth chart. Realistically, there is no true replacement on roster for the Biletnikoff contender.

SOURCE: Scott Wright on Twitter

Nov 1, 2019, 1:31 PM ET

Ask Aaron: How many WRs could Michigan lose to the NFL draft?

Excerpt:

Q: Do we still think we will lose some of our wide receivers to the NFL this year? Statistically, I don’t see any of them having the season to make them high draft picks. Would love to have them all back next year. (@bisett14)

A: I’d be surprised it all three of Michigan’s older receivers (Donovan Peoples-Jones, Nico Collins, Tarik Black) all return in 2020. ESPN’s Todd McShay had Peoples-Jones No. 26 in his NFL draft rankings last month, making him a possible first-round pick, while Collins’ size and athleticism could make him a Day 2 selection. Black is an interesting case because of his injury-riddled first two seasons. There’s a good chance NFL teams might want to see a second healthy season out of him.

When it comes to drafting college players, stats are not the end all, be all. Yes, they make a difference, especially at the skill positions, but NFL teams are looking at more than just numbers. And all three have the size, athleticism and hands necessary to play at the NFL. They’ll all get a shot. Now it’s on them to weigh where they might be drafted and whether they could improve their draft stock by returning for one more season.

Baylor senior WR Denzel Mims hauled in five passes for 99 yards with a touchdown in a 17-14 win over West Virginia on Thursday.

Mims' numbers are particularly impressive because he missed a large chunk of this contest with an injury that occurred on a penalty that resulted in Josh Norwood being ejected for targeting. His touchdown gave the Bears a 14-7 lead; a 21-yard strike from Charlie Brewer with 4:34 left. Mims (6'3/215) has been one of the most productive wideouts in the Big 12, and there's no reason to think that'll change next Saturday against TCU.

Oct 31, 2019, 11:43 PM ET

I know mocks are worthless.but I find it interesting that 2019 was criticized as a bad draft class because it had 1 first round rb, but many of these mocks show 1 to none for 2020. people are still excited though. 

2020 will be better than 2019, but just something I found interesting. 

I'm super pumped for Jeudy. As long as he doesnt go 1.1 I should land him in my two main leagues (although I dont need a wr very badly on either team) 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread