What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] 2020 NFL Draft Class (5 Viewers)

Some are.  I said I believe the Colts have a good OL and I’m sure they aren’t alone by any stretch.
And I said "almost universally", not "universally". Which means I think there ARE some good ones out there.

So I'm not sure what you're going for here. 

And I said "almost universally", not "universally". Which means I think there ARE some good ones out there.

So I'm not sure what you're going for here. 
You first said almost all OL are terrible.  I disagree.  Almost all = 95%? 90%?  Terrible being applied to almost all seems a lot of over generalization.

Last edited by a moderator:
so.... anyways.... Dobbins was a beast today.

Swift was pedestrian. No idea why people consider him the obvious rb1, but I hope it continues 

I like both guys for different reasons and they are close in my mind
I agree... both are very close. I can admit to my homer bias as I've seen far more games of Taylor than Swift

This RB class is interesting because the 2nd and 3rd round talent is far better than 2019. Zack Moss is better than Montgomery and Sanders IMO... and he is outside of many top 5 rankings so far. 

SMU redshirt senior WR James Proche caught seven passes for 71 yards with a touchdown in a 37-20 win over Tulane on Saturday.

With SMU leading 21-17, Proche (6'0/193) hauled in a 26-yard touchdown throw form Shane Buechele to up that lead to 27-17 (the two-point conversion failed), and it was the 14th receiving score on the season for the senior. With the seven catches, he also goes over 100 -- 102 to be precise -- and he continues to stake his claim as one of the best wideouts that's played for the Mustangs; and that's saying something. We'll see Proche in the East-West Shrine Game, but he'll have one more game as a member of SMU as the 10-2 Mustangs are headed to a bowl game.

Nov 30, 2019, 8:21 PM ET

SMU senior RB Xavier Jones ran for 125 yards and two touchdowns on 18 carries in a 37-20 win over Tulane on Saturday.

It's been an outstanding regular season for Jones (5'11/208) and he finishes it on a high note. His 20th rushing touchdown of the year came on a one-yard plunge late in the second quarter, and his 25-yarder in the middle of the fourth gave him 21 and put the game out of reach at 34-17. We'll see Jones one more time in an SMU uniform -- assuming he doesn't skip it -- in December; possibly January if they head to the Birmingham Bowl as many predict.

Nov 30, 2019, 8:20 PM ET

Oregon senior QB Justin Herbert completed 18-of-30 passes for 174 yards and a touchdown in Saturday's 24-10 win over Oregon State.

Herbert (6'6/223) wasn't exactly locked in during this one, but came out a winner regardless. The senior gunslinger ends his final regular season in Eugene having thrown for 3,140 yards with a 31/5 TD/INT ratio across 12 games played. Herbert will play in the Pac-12 title game next weekend and will have a final bowl game later this winter -- should he choose to play in it -- before he begins his prep for the draft. Herbert has top-5 upside for April with a clean evaluating process.

Nov 30, 2019, 8:09 PM ET

Alabama junior WR Henry Ruggs caught six passes for 99 yards and a touchdown in Saturday's 48-45 loss to Auburn.

Ruggs (6'0/190) caught a nice little fadeaway touchdown pass of three yards in the second quarter of Saturday's loss. The junior speedster wraps the regular season the owner of a 38-719-7 receiving line in 11 games. He has a bowl game ahead of him later this winter, plus a decision to be made regarding the NFL Draft. Should Ruggs declare, he figures to land as a Day 2 selection, though Day 1 is not beyond the pale should a team fall in love.

Nov 30, 2019, 8:02 PM ET

Alabama junior RB Najee Harris rushed for 146 yards and a touchdown on 27 carries in Saturday's 48-45 loss to Auburn.

Harris (6'2/230) has come on very strong down the stretch, with Saturday's effort his fourth 100-yard showing in his last seven games. He also showed off his nimbleness versus the Tigers (in addition to the ever-present power), leaping for major air yards on his six-yard touchdown run in the second quarter. With this performance, Harris crept over 1,000 yards rushing for the campaign. He finishes the regular season having rushed for 1,088 yards and 11 touchdowns in 12 games this season. With the Iron Bowl in the books, Alabama now awaits its bowl fate. That bowl, whatever it might be, will not be drawn from the Playoff pool.

Nov 30, 2019, 7:54 PM ET

Notre Dame junior TE Cole Kmet picked up 77 yards receiving on five receptions in a 45-24 blowout of Stanford on Saturday.

Kmet continues to be one of Ian Book's top targets, even in a game where he doesn't find the end zone. He now has 41 receptions on the year -- nearly triple the 15 he had in 2018 -- and he's just short of the 500-yard mark with 482. He'll likely hit that total next month when Notre Dame plays in their bowl game; likely in Orlando in the Camping World Bowl.

Nov 30, 2019, 7:40 PM ET

Notre Dame senior WR Chase Claypool turned three receptions into 63 yards and two touchdowns in a 45-21 rout of Stanford on Saturday.

A quiet game in terms of touches for Claypool (6'4/229) but even with just the three catches, the senior is able to make a big impact. His 41-yard touchdown gave Notre Dame a 21-17 lead late in the second quarter, and his eight-yard connection late in the third extended that lead to 28-17. Claypool is up to a dozen touchdowns on the year, and he's up to 59 catches as well. His last chance to add to those totals comes in Notre Dame's bowl game, likely the Camping World Bowl.

Nov 30, 2019, 7:38 PM ET

Maryland redshirt sophomore RB Anthony McFarland took just eight carries for 134 yards and a touchdown in Saturday's 19-16 loss to Michigan State.

It's been far too long since McFarland (5'9/198) has had one of his signature explosive runs. McFarland has dealt with ankle issues all year, so it makes sense that he's not been able to rip off long gains the way many expect him to. McFarland flashed that one last time to close out the year, though, popping the Michigan State defense with a 63-yard scoring sprint. Look for McFarland to be a weapon if he can stay healthy next year.

Nov 30, 2019, 7:07 PM ET

Florida State junior RB Cam Akers ran for 102 yards and a touchdown on 17 carries in a 40-17 loss to Florida on Saturday.

Akers did most of his damage on one play; a 50-yard touchdown run near the end of the third quarter that came with Florida State trailing 37-10. That's the nice way to say it was a garbage-time score. Garbage-time scores count, too, and Akers (5'11/182) now has 14 touchdowns on the 2019 season. He'll have a chance to add to that total in whatever bowl game Florida State ends up in.

Nov 30, 2019, 11:19 PM ET

Oklahoma senior QB Jalen Hurts completed 13-of-16 passes for 163 yards and one touchdown in a 34-16 win over Oklahoma State on Saturday.

Hurts (6'2/218) orchestrated the offense with a calm precision, completing 81% of his passes and scoring touchdowns in all three phases of the offense - passing, rushing and receiving. Hurts scored the receiving touchdown on a double-reverse to Nick Basquine where Hurts released uncovered into the flat for the wide open touchdown reception. Oklahoma looked impressive in dealing Oklahoma State the loss and stand to move-up in the polls in the wake of Alabama's loss to Auburn. Oklahoma will take on Baylor in the Big 12 Championship game next Saturday.

Dec 1, 2019, 12:51 AM ET

Utah senior RB Zack Moss earned 88 yards and a touchdown on 20 carries in Saturday's 45-15 win over Colorado.

Utah blowout wins are typically accompanied by a stellar performance from Moss. In this game, however, Moss (5'10/222) merely chugged along with a respectable 4.4 yards per carry while the passing offense and special teams propelled the offense to a stunning 28-point second half. Look for Moss to be a key performer for Utah in the Pac-12 championship and potentially in the college football playoff.

Nov 30, 2019, 11:06 PM ET

Utah senior RB Zack Moss earned 88 yards and a touchdown on 20 carries in Saturday's 45-15 win over Colorado.

Utah blowout wins are typically accompanied by a stellar performance from Moss. In this game, however, Moss (5'10/222) merely chugged along with a respectable 4.4 yards per carry while the passing offense and special teams propelled the offense to a stunning 28-point second half. Look for Moss to be a key performer for Utah in the Pac-12 championship and potentially in the college football playoff.

Nov 30, 2019, 11:06 PM ET
(Not directed at Faust)

Except Moss got hurt and they stopped using him as much after that. 

LSU redshirt senior QB Joe Burrow completed 23-of-32 passes for 352 yards and three touchdowns in Saturday's 50-7 win over Texas A&M.

When Burrow (6'4/216) came out with the "Burreaux" jersey before the game, you knew he was about to do his thing again. Burrow leaned heavily on underclass WR Ja’Marr Chase, finding him for nearly 200 yards and a pair of touchdowns. After using this game to get to 44 passing touchdowns and 4,366 passing yards on the year, Burrow tied the SEC record for passing touchdowns in a single season and broke the SEC record for passing yards in a single season. Burrow and the 12-0 Tigers now have to gear up to play Georgia in the SEC Championship on Dec. 7.

Nov 30, 2019, 10:38 PM ET

Boston College junior RB AJ Dillon rushed for 178 yards and a touchdown on 32 carries in Saturday's 26-19 win over Pitt.

After Pitt took a 16-13 lead early in the third quarter, Dillon answered in emphatic fashion, springing forth for a 61-yard touchdown sprint to put Boston College ahead to stay. This was Dillon's eighth 100-yard effort of the campaign and pushed him up to 1,685 yards and 14 touchdowns on the year. Dillon will have one more opportunity to add to those marks, when Boston College plays their bowl game later this winter. After that, the bruiser will have a draft decision to make. Count him as a probable mid-round selection should he declare.

Nov 30, 2019, 6:53 PM ET

Michigan junior WR Donovan Peoples-Jones caught three passes for 69 yards and a touchdown in Saturday's 56-27 loss to Ohio State.

Peoples-Jones (6'2/208) caught a 25-yard touchdown pass just before the end of the first quarter to draw UM to within 14-13 on the scoreboard (Michigan missed its first extra point), but matters would slowly devolve from that point on for the boys from Ann Arbor. While DPJ has some fans in the draft community simply based on his physical traits -- Bleacher Report's Matt Miller believes he'll be drafted in the first round -- the numbers simply have not been there for the bulk of the junior's career to date. His best season came in 2018, and even that resulted in just a 47-612-8 receiving line. Count us as weary of the pro prospects of players who do not produce in college.

Nov 30, 2019, 4:05 PM ET

Georgia junior QB Jake Fromm completed 14-of-29 passes for 254 yards and four touchdowns in Saturday's 52-7 blowout over rival Georgia Tech.

Fromm (6'2/220) is on one of the weirdest stretches of QB play in recent memory. Four games in a row now, Fromm has completed fewer than half his passes, but has thrown at least one touchdown in all four games without throwing a single interception. It’s an unusual blend of inconsistency married without any of the detrimental lows that often come with up-and-down play. In any event, the Bulldogs are now 11-1 and poised to meet LSU in the SEC Championship game.

Nov 30, 2019, 3:38 PM ET

Clemson junior WR Tee Higgins turned three receptions into 101 yards with two touchdowns in a 38-3 blowout victory over South Carolina on Saturday.

Higgins scored the first two touchdowns of the game; a 10-yard connection with Trevor Lawrence with 6:58 left in the first quarter, and another a little more than three minutes later on a beautiful 65-yarder. The 6-foot-4, 215-pound wideout is now at exactly 900 yards on the season, and he's scored an even 10 touchdowns, as well. Expect both those numbers to go up next Saturday when the Tigers face Virginia for the ACC Championship.

Nov 30, 2019, 3:12 PM ET

I like both guys for different reasons and they are close in my mind
Same for me. All three of my leagues are ppr so that makes me a lean to Swift but I do like both. I know Taylor has improved as a receiver but it doesn’t profile as a strength coming into the league like it does for Swift. In ppr a back w so-so receiving ability needs to be a Zeke- or Chubb-level runner and I don’t see enough of Taylor to know if he’s on that level. I could actually end up ranking Swift and Dobbins over Taylor in ppr. 

1. Deandre Swift 

2. Jerry Jeudy

3. Tee Higgins

4. Ceedee Lamb

5. Jonathan Taylor 

6. Travis Etienne 

7. Laviska Shenault

8. JK Dobbins 

9. Henry Ruggs III

10. Cam Akers

11. Jaelen Reagor

12. Tyler Johnson

My way too early and fairly unsubstantiated top 12. I have four firsts in 2020 including the 1 overall so I’m interested to hear others’ opinions!

Anybody wanna take a crack at an early tip 12?
My 14 team Superflex PPR league mock look. TE premium. So needs in also

1. Joe Burrow
  2.  Tua  Tagavalio
  3. Jerry Jeudy
  4. Ceedee Lamb
  5. Tee Higgins
  6. Johnathon Taylor
  7. Travis Etienne
  8. Hunter Bryant
  9. Henry Ruggs
  10. Deandre Swift
  11. JK Dobbins
  12. Justin Herbert
  13. Bryce Hopkins
  14. Lauviska Shenault 
  15. Deonte Smith
  16. Najee Harris
  17. Cam Akers
  18. Chuba Hubbard
  19. Jacob Eason
  20. Albert Okweugbaum
  21. KJ Hamlet
  22. Justin Jefferson
  23. Jalen Hurts
  24. Jordan Love
  25. Tyler Johnson
  26. Jalen Reagor

It's officially December so now I can start watching some college prospects and begin to form opinions.  WOOHOO!!!!  Holiday season means prospect evaluation season for me.  Lets get going.  Got my list of about 60 players long and it's going to take way too long.  

Fresno State senior TE Jared Rice caught four passes for 48 yards and a touchdown in Saturday's 17-16 loss to San Jose State.

Rice (6'5/243) got the scoring underway, as his 38-yard touchdown reception with just under eight minutes remaining in the first quarter gave Fresno State a 7-0 lead. But he accounted for just ten yards on his other three catches, as San Jose State managed to buckle down defensively. Rice finished the 2019 season with 32 catches for 307 yards and four touchdowns, and for his career he caught 113 passes for 1,365 yards and 11 touchdowns. Invited to participate in the Hula Bowl, Rice leaves Fresno State as the school's all-time leader in both receptions and receiving yards by a tight end. Rice was recently ranked seventh among draft-eligible tight ends by WalterFootball.com draft analyst Charlie Campbell.

Dec 1, 2019, 9:49 PM ET

Fresno State junior RB Ronnie Rivers rushed for 177 yards and a touchdown on 29 carries while also catching eight passes for 63 yards in Saturday's 17-16 loss to San Jose State.

Rivers (5'8/183) was excellent Saturday, but his efforts weren't enough to hold off a San Jose State team that erased a 14-point first quarter deficit. The junior running back was been a threat both in the run game and the passing game this season, accounting for more than 1,200 total yards and 16 total touchdowns. Rivers finishes 2019 with 899 rushing yards and 13 rushing touchdowns with an average of 5.1 yards per carry, while also catching 43 passes for 348 yards and three more scores.

Dec 1, 2019, 9:39 PM ET

Utah State redshirt junior QB Jordan Love completed 18-of-35 passes for 172 yards and three touchdowns with one interception in Saturday's 38-25 win over New Mexico.

Love (6'4/225) finished his regular season on a positive note, throwing three more touchdown passes to get to 17 on the season. The redshirt junior signal-caller also rushed for 26 yards on three carries. For the season Love has completed 60.6% of his passes, throwing for 3,085 yards and 17 touchdowns with 16 interceptions. While it has been a disappointing season for a player who had a TD/INT ratio of 32/6 in 2018, he'll have the opportunity to go out on a positive note in Utah State's bowl game. After that Love will have to make a choice to make: return to Utah State for the 2020 season, or turn pro.

Dec 1, 2019, 7:38 PM ET

FAU senior TE Harrison Bryant caught three passes for 75 yards and three touchdowns in Saturday's 34-17 win over Southern Miss.

Bryant (6'5/225) only touched the football three times Saturday, and it's safe to say that he made the most of his opportunities. The senior tight end, who has accepted an invitation to play in next month's Reese's Senior Bowl, has been FAU's best pass-catcher this season. With Saturday's performance Bryant is now up to 61 receptions for 965 yards and six touchdowns. He'll look to get to (and surpass) the 1,000-yard mark next weekend when FAU hosts UAB in the Conference USA Championship Game.

Dec 1, 2019, 4:37 PM ET

New Mexico State senior RB Jason Huntley took 17 carries for 105 yards in Saturday's 49-28 loss to Liberty.

Huntley was a far better player for the Aggies than the team's record would suggest. At 7.1 yards per attempt on the season, Huntley earned over 1,000 yards and nine touchdowns in his senior year. Surely Huntley would have liked to win a few more games, especially the last one, but he should be proud of what he accomplished as the offense's feature player.

Dec 1, 2019, 11:33 AM ET

Users who are viewing this thread