What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] 2020 NFL Draft Class (10 Viewers)

According to CBS42 (WIAT, Birmingham, Alabama) sports director Chris Breece, Alabama junior WR Devonta Smith is leaning towards returning to school for his senior season.
Smart move. He can be a 1st rounder with another year and lesser competition.

In speaking with TMZ Sports, Ohio State junior EDGE Chase Young said that the "plan" is to return to school for the 2020 season.

If this ended up coming to fruition, it would be a major bombshell. But. A little context needs to be added. Young (6'5/265) did not make his comments in a sit-down interview, but rather while walking through the rain with an umbrella over his head. He was asked if he was focused on the draft, to which he said no, after which he was asked if he planned on returning to Columbus for 2020, to which he said "that's the plan." All of this is interesting, of course, but Young wasn't exactly swearing on a Bible and we've heard this kind of dashed-off sentiment before from players who are trying to avoid having their hand forced -- i.e. if Chase Young wants to declare for the draft, he's probably going to do it when he and his family feel comfortable doing so, rather than hours before the Heisman ceremony. Count this as just a little something to chew on for your weekend. We'll pass along word when an official decision is made one way or another.

SOURCE: TMZ Sports

Dec 14, 2019, 12:38 PM ET

ESPN 700's Porter Larsen reports that Utah senior RB Zack Moss will play in the team's Alamo Bowl matchup against Texas on Dec. 31.

Moss (5'10/222) could have skipped out on this one to begin his preparation for the NFL Draft, but the Utes star will give the college world one last chance to see him work his magic upcoming. In 12 games this fall, Moss rushed for 1,359 yards (6.2 YPC) and 15 touchdowns while logging a 26-374-2 receiving line. Larsen passes along that Moss can set single-season school records for rushing yardage and touchdowns if he can bully Texas for 161 yards and one score on New Year's Eve.

SOURCE: Porter Larsen on Twitter

Dec 14, 2019, 12:01 PM ET

Florida State junior RB Cam Akers declared for the 2020 NFL Draft.

Akers (5'11/182) managed just 706 rushing yards in 2018, but bounced back in strong fashion this fall, rolling to the tune of a career-best 1,144 rushing yards (5.0 YPC) and 14 touchdowns in 11 games. The FSU standout possesses a slick array of cuts and knows how to bounce with the best of them, but can have a problematic tendency to over-dance, rather than hitting the hole hard and decisively. Akers should have a shot at coming off the board on Day 2 in the spring, assuming he turns in a clean evaluating process. In his Twitter declaration, Akers passed along that he will not be playing in the Seminoles' Sun Bowl showdown with Arizona State on New Year's Eve.

SOURCE: Cam Akers on Twitter

Dec 14, 2019, 3:23 PM ET

2020 NFL Draft: Nobody is talking about Cam Akers

Is anyone else a bit disappointed in this qb class? 

I was very excited for the 3rd and lower ranked prospects in this draft, but after 2019 now I'm not sure what to think. So many disappointments. 

I recall Johnny stating something similar for the 2019 class that I'm starting to think for the 2020 class- "I can see all but [one] being a bust." The one I think who may hit is the one I disliked the most 2 months ago. 

Is anyone else a bit disappointed in this qb class? 

I was very excited for the 3rd and lower ranked prospects in this draft, but after 2019 now I'm not sure what to think. So many disappointments. 

I recall Johnny stating something similar for the 2019 class that I'm starting to think for the 2020 class- "I can see all but [one] being a bust." The one I think who may hit is the one I disliked the most 2 months ago. 
:yes:

2020 NFL Draft: With Tua Tagovailoa injury, six prospects stand out for quarterback-needy teams

Excerpt:

For now, here are five other draft-eligible quarterbacks who could go in the first three rounds -- and who could end up going higher than we originally thought because Tagovailoa isn't fully healthy, he decides to return to school in 2020, or for some other reason completely. 

Justin Herbert, Oregon. The No. 3 quarterback on our board, Herbert was inconsistent early in the season but has played really well during the past two games. He looks like an NFL quarterback and can throw the ball through a wall but the biggest question is whether he can perform at a high level from one play to the next. 

Jacob Eason, Washington. Eason hasn't played a lot of football in recent years. He lost his job to Jake Fromm early in the 2017 season, transferred from Georgia to Washington and sat out last season, and has played only 10 games in 2019. Like Herbert, Eason checks all the boxes on measurables, but he's also very raw and could use a year or two of seasoning. It would be unfair to ask him to start as a rookie.

Jordan Love, Utah State. Love might be the most physically gifted quarterback in this class. But he's also the most frustrating to watch. His arm talent is undeniable but his decision making leaves a lot to be desired. Some of that is playing for Utah State offense lacking playmakers, but some of that is on Love, who routinely forces balls into coverage and suffers the silly types of turnovers that can doom an NFL season. Like Eason, Love will need time to grow into the job. 

Jalen Hurts, Oklahoma. Hurts backed up Tagovailoa last season before transferring to Oklahoma where he has been just as productive as his Sooners predecessors in Lincoln Riley's system: Baker Mayfield and Kyler Murray. But Hurts is also still learning the position because he hasn't played a lot. And while he's great as a runner (he's nearing 1,000 rushing yards this season), Hurts still has a long way to go as a passer. Yes, he's completing 73 percent of his throws this season, but he's also targeting wide-open receivers, one of whom (CeeDee Lamb) will likely be a top-15 pick in the draft. 

Jake Fromm, Georgia. Above the neck, Fromm is more NFL ready than Eason, Love or Hurts, but he's also without the physical abilities of those players. Fromm's arm strength and deep-ball accuracy are issues, and if you don't have those attributes at the college level, they typically don't show up once you're drafted.
@Dr. Dan - who is the QB prospect that you are now thinking could be a hit?

:yes:

2020 NFL Draft: With Tua Tagovailoa injury, six prospects stand out for quarterback-needy teams

Excerpt:

@Dr. Dan - who is the QB prospect that you are now thinking could be a hit?
I really liked Fromm, then Herbert, then Love. I did not like Tua or Burrow prior to the season. Fromm was my favorite by far, but his accuracy was pretty bad this year. Accuracy seems to be one of the best predictors for NFL success, pr at least it's what I look for. The left overs in this class leave a lot to be desired there. Burrow is pretty solid but in his thread it's been mentioned than 2018 to 2019 was such a big improvement, and could be largely due to system. For his age I feel like he should have less yellow flags. 

Right now I'm intrigued by Tua. He was my least favorite of the top 5 or 6 in this class, but seems like he could land in a decent situation. He has performed pretty consistently over his college career, so I think you know what you get with him. Whereas the others have questionmarks. He is the only one I can see hitting right now. 

I play in 1 qb leagues and I was trying to get into the very early 2nd to assure I could land a good qb. Now I'm not even sure I'd take one. I dont own a high 2nd but am the favorite for the 1.13 in my league. so that could be an opportunity to trade down or reach for a qb after having 3 top 6 picks earlier in the draft. Tua may be the only one I'd consider. prior to learning where these guys go. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Fromm is by far my least favorite QB in this class. I don't want anything to do with him. 

Right now I have this:

Tua

Burrow

-Big tier break-

Hurts

Herbert

Eason

Love

Fromm

That will probably have to change when Herbert and Fromm get drafted higher than I think, but outside of Tua I'm sticking to position players in 2020 for the most part. 

Fromm is by far my least favorite QB in this class. I don't want anything to do with him. 

Right now I have this:

Tua

Burrow

-Big tier break-

Hurts

Herbert

Eason

Love

Fromm

That will probably have to change when Herbert and Fromm get drafted higher than I think, but outside of Tua I'm sticking to position players in 2020 for the most part. 
GMTA. I agree with this list with the exception of Hurts, but I can see him generating some buzz- especially after Lamar Jackson being a league winner and Hurts being the best rushing QB of the bunch. I was hoping for a much better improvement from Fromm, but now I see him as a round 3 or 4 qb I want nothing to do with. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Washington TE Hunter Bryant will skip the team's bowl game in order to prepare for the NFL Draft, per Lars Hanson of Rivals.

Bryant (6'2/239) declared for the NFL Draft a little over a week ago. Shortly thereafter, it was announced Bryant would not be playing in the team's bowl game. Skipping the bowl game is generally a smart decision for players, especially early declarations, trying to preserve their health for the NFL Draft. Bryant is aiming to be a Day 2 pick this spring.

SOURCE: Lars Hanson on Twitter

Dec 15, 2019, 11:39 AM ET

Arizona State WR Brandon Aiyuk announced on Sunday that he will be skipping the team's bowl game to prepare for the NFL Draft.

Aiyuk's announcement comes with a long, heartfelt message to Arizona State and its fans. However, the senior WR has decided to skip the bowl game to preserve his health and buy extra time to prepare for the NFL Draft. A relatively unheralded prospect before the season, Aiyuk (6'1/206) exploded in 2019 with 1,192 yards and eight touchdowns on 65 receptions, solidifying himself as the best yards-after-catch threat in the country. Aiyuk should be a Day 2 lock with potential to sneak into the first round.

SOURCE: Brandon Aiyuk on Twitter

Dec 15, 2019, 12:53 PM ET

Baylor redshirt senior RB JaMycal Hasty accepted an invitation to the Reese's Senior Bowl.

Hasty (5'9/205) had already previously accepted an invite to the NFLPA Collegiate Bowl. One more to his docket, now. Because the two games play a week apart -- NFLPA on Jan. 18, Senior Bowl on Jan. 25 -- the Baylor back will have a chance to play in both contests upcoming. This fall, Hasty turned in 614 rushing yards and seven touchdowns while playing in all 13 of Baylor's games. He has also caught 76 passes for his Bears career. Hasty will need strong performances in his evaluating bowls, as he needs to impress at every stage of the draft process if he is to claw his way to a late Day 3 selection.

SOURCE: Reese's Senior Bowl on Twitter

Dec 17, 2019, 2:54 PM ET

Utah State QB Jordan Love was arrested and charged with marijuana possession on Saturday night.

Love (6'4/225) was one of three Aggies arrested in the incident, which occurred around midnight on Saturday, after police were tipped off by students. The possession charge is a misdemeanor. The three players in question -- WR Sean Carter and RB Gerold Bight were the other two in addition to Love -- have a court date set for Dec. 30 to sort all of this out. Whether the trio will face any kind of suspension for Friday's Tropical Smoothie Cafe Frisco Bowl against Kent State remains to be seen. Love declared for the draft earlier this month and while a misdemeanor marijuana possession charge may not be the end of the world, he will undoubtedly have to address it with NFL teams in the months ahead.

SOURCE: FOX 13

Dec 17, 2019, 2:17 PM ET

Colorado QB Steven Montez has accepted his invitation to play in the Reese's Senior Bowl.

Montez (6'5/230) graduates as the all-time leading passer in Colorado history with 9,646 career passing yards and 10,614 yards of total offense. Despite having a talented WR corps to work with, Montez never managed to crack 3,000 yards passing or 20 touchdowns in any of his four seasons at the helm of the Buffaloes offense. Montez boasts good size and a strong arm but his accuracy has drawn criticism in scouting circles. He will need a good showing in Senior Bowl practices to earn Day 3 consideration in the 2020 NFL Draft.

Dec 17, 2019, 9:54 PM ET

Michigan senior QB Shea Patterson accepted an invitation to play in the Reese's Senior Bowl.

Patterson (6'2/202) led Michigan to a 9-3 record but struggled with accuracy and command of the offense at times. He completed a sub-par 57% of his passes for 2,828 yards, 8.2 YPA and a 22/6 ratio while posting five rushing touchdowns. A former five-star recruit, Patterson's inconsistent play has cratered his once promising draft stock. He's a likely Day 3 project or UDFA candidate for NFL Draft purposes.

Dec 17, 2019, 9:23 PM ET

Oklahoma State redshirt sophomore RB Chuba Hubbard confirmed that he will play in the December 27th Texas Bowl against Texas A&M.

Hubbard (6'1/207) made the announcement after practice Tuesday but has not confirmed whether or not he will be declaring for the NFL Draft, saying he's 'taking it day by day." Hubbard has already been named an AP First-Team All-American and will have quite a tough decision to make regarding his playing future. ESPN's Mel Kiper ranks him as the fifth-best draft-eligible RB should he declare for the NFL Draft.

SOURCE: The Oklahoman

Dec 17, 2019, 8:19 PM ET

I keep thinking some really good talent is bound to go back next year because of the depth of this class. 2021 picks could be sneaky buys
Yep.  Hubbard is already rumored to be leaning return. 2021 is already loaded at QB and WR too. 

I heard this class described as Wide.  That seems like a great description.  It's wide and deep in fact. 

Users who are viewing this thread