What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] 2020 NFL Draft Class (9 Viewers)

Mississippi State RB Kylin Hill ran the ball just seven times for three yards while catching one pass for six yards in Monday's 38-28 loss to Louisville in the Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl.

Unfortunately, Hill’s day was cut short right out of the gate. Hill (5'11/215) suffered a lower body injury after his first carry of the game and was sent off the field for a bit. Though he did return at some point for a couple more carries, Hill did not end up looking as springy as he should have and was subsequently sent to the back of the RB rotation. It’s likely Hill was preserved for the sake of his draft status considering he declared early. Hill didn’t get to show out one last time as a Bulldog, but he’s done plenty over his career in Starkville and should expect to hear his name called on draft weekend.

Dec 30, 2019, 7:41 PM ET

I'm currently watching a ton of videos on the Alabama WR's and unfortunately for 2020 draft, Waddle looks like the best of the bunch.  Jeudy 2nd best.  

Iceman03 said:
Started walking down the path today. Interested to see how Lynn Bowden tests. His sophomore year wasn’t overwhelming but all in he accounted for ~40% of Kentucky’s offense this year.

Also dug up a deep sleeper out of Illinois: former USC WR Josh Imatorbhebhe... 30% receiving share this year despite the late breakout. Apparently had a litany of injuries at USC. Reportedly jumped ~47 in vert (will believe that when it’s done in appropriate fashion; there are clips on YouTube/twitter though). Doubt he gets a combine invite but I bet he emerges as an athletic freak.  

Edit: I’m an idiot and while moving Bowden’s ‘18 column (due to his high rushing yds) moved KJ Hill’s ‘18 production. Bowden’s ‘18 was very impressive given the nature of that offense.
As if Bowden needed an encore. 230+ yds rushing today. A bit of an under the radar season but that guy should have been at the Heisman ceremony for what he did this year.

Rotoworld:

Kentucky WR/QB Lynn Bowden rushed for 233 yards and two touchdowns on 34 attempts while completing 6-of-12 passes for 73 yards, a touchdown and an interception in Tuesday's 37-30 win over Virginia Tech in the Belk Bowl.

Bowden (6'1/199) declared for the draft in mid-December, but opted to stick it out with his team for one last showing in bowl action. The reigning Paul Hornung Award winner lit it up in Tuesday's contest. He had several highlight-reel runs, including touchdown sprints of 25 and 61 yards in the first and third quarters, respectively. He finished off the game leading a go-ahead touchdown drive with under a minute remaining, hooking up with Josh Ali on a 13-yard touchdown pass with just 15 seconds before the end of the contest. Bowden -- who started the team's final eight games at quarterback -- closed out the 2019 campaign topping 100 yards rushing in each of his last six games. With this successful Belk Bowl showing in the books, Bowden will now get started on his draft prep. He makes for a dynamic, versatile option who could pay dividends as a mid-round selection in the spring.

Dec 31, 2019, 3:32 PM ET

I'm currently watching a ton of videos on the Alabama WR's and unfortunately for 2020 draft, Waddle looks like the best of the bunch.  Jeudy 2nd best.  
Is that a major compliment to Waddle or an insult to Jeudy? 

I really love both of those for different reasons. 

Is that a major compliment to Waddle or an insult to Jeudy? 

I really love both of those for different reasons. 
I don’t really see the undisputed #1 overall easy hype surrounding Jeudy.  He’s good but there have been (and are) better WR prospects.  

I like Jeudy enough but Waddle looks like the guy I’ve been hearing people hype Jeudy as.  

I don’t really see the undisputed #1 overall easy hype surrounding Jeudy.  He’s good but there have been (and are) better WR prospects.  

I like Jeudy enough but Waddle looks like the guy I’ve been hearing people hype Jeudy as.  
Since when was there undisputed hype of that?  I always thought one of Swift, Taylor, Etienne held that distinction.  Followed by one of Jeudy, Lamb, and Dobbins.

Since when was there undisputed hype of that?  I always thought one of Swift, Taylor, Etienne held that distinction.  Followed by one of Jeudy, Lamb, and Dobbins.
There has been a lot of top 5 buzz surrounding Jeudy. I havent ever gotten it. 

I think Lamb and Shenault are in that mix with Juedy among many. Others may play their way into round 1 of NFL draft. Again curious how these guys grade out compared to recent peers. 

that's why I like Zyphros' rookie stuff. his tiers stay the same so you can look back and compare. 

I think ZWK also keeps previous rankings/tiers 
Yep. Here are the 2013-2019 RB classes, this spreadsheet tab has the 2006-2019 WR classes, TEs here, QB production here through 2019 and here through 2020. Unfortunately, other than those QB production numbers, it's harder to compare the current class to previous classes until later in the offseason because we're still missing some numbers that are important parts of my ratings formulas (size, athleticism, some advanced stats).

Yep. Here are the 2013-2019 RB classes, this spreadsheet tab has the 2006-2019 WR classes, TEs here, QB production here through 2019 and here through 2020. Unfortunately, other than those QB production numbers, it's harder to compare the current class to previous classes until later in the offseason because we're still missing some numbers that are important parts of my ratings formulas (size, athleticism, some advanced stats).
Thank you. Your spreadsheet is invaluable! 

Jeudy’s route running is the best there’s no disputing that. He runs a complete route tree that’s sharp and swift. His quickness is great too.

I’d still take Lamb and maybe Higgins over him at this point.

Tex

Oh so where would you rank Jeudy in dynasty rookie drafts? I know landing spot will change a lot
I havent thought about cross over rankings yet, but him vs. Lamb is razor thin and it will be real hard to vault either of them over the top 4 rb. 

So many guys that I can't even start putting them in any order. I really like this Brandon Aiyuk guy the more I watch him. Plus he sounds like he's a hard worker which if you have talent, that is what separates you from the rest in my mind. He did skip the bowl game but that seems to be the new thing so I won't hold that against him.

Corey Coleman was one of them guys that fooled a lot of people. He never put in the work required to survive in the NFL and tried to live off his athletic ability. 

One guy hard to rank is Jefferson. Is he making Burrow better or is Burrow making him better? Or do they both just make great combo that's hard to beat.

One guy hard to rank is Jefferson. Is he making Burrow better or is Burrow making him better? Or do they both just make great combo that's hard to beat.
I think Burrow makes him better more so than other way. I would think Jefferson is probably around WR8-10ish. Burrow qb1. Probably both go around 15ish. 

Jeudy is elite.  The only thing he doesn't have is size.  He is the complete package. 

Waddle is really good too but it's really hard to be better than Jeudy.  Jeudy has the highest floor and the highest ceiling of any of the WR prospects, IMO.  He is the clear number 1 and is probably going to be a top 10 NFL pick.  The speed at which Jeudy can rotate his hips on routes is just insane.  He oozes raw route running talent in his quickness and start/stop ability.  He also projects to show elite speed at the combine which threatens defenders even more.  He has YAC ability too and shows great moves in space. The combination of these elite traits is what makes him so special.   I hope he falls.  I'll take him everywhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeudy is elite.  The only thing he doesn't have is size.  He is the complete package. 

Waddle is really good too but it's really hard to be better than Jeudy.  Jeudy has the highest floor and the highest ceiling of any of the WR prospects, IMO.  He is the clear number 1 and is probably going to be a top 10 NFL pick.  The speed at which Jeudy can rotate his hips on routes is just insane.  He oozes raw route running talent in his quickness and start/stop ability.  He also projects to show elite speed at the combine which threatens defenders even more.  He has YAC ability too and shows great moves in space. The combination of these elite traits is what makes him so special.   I hope he falls.  I'll take him everywhere.
I don't disagree with a lot of what you said here, other than his floor.  He has a much lower floor than a guy like Shenault for example.  Thickly built and good route runner, along with the quickness and speed that Jeudy has, with a body that is built to take the beating of football.  Also Jeudy's legs just look so paper thin, how many elite WR's can you name that have chicken legs?  Both players are used very differently and system will matter for them to see if they can get the ball in more creative ways or not, but I see better floors with a few WR's.  Doesn't mean I'll rank them ahead of Jeudy though.  Playing safe isn't my style most of the time.  

I don't think he's an elite route runner either.  Just for comparisons sake, you take a look at a guy like Denzel Mims, you hardly see him run a half baked route.  Jeudy does.  Most of the time that's due to the play call being run or on the opposite side of the field and they're generally used for blocking but Mims is impressive because he actually looks like he's putting in effort ALL the time, where Jeudy is half the time.  I'm very cautious when it comes to Jeudy if you can't tell.  Body type scares me and I just hate how we have to talk about 3 Bama WR's when, IMO, the best one isn't even draft eligible. 

I don't disagree with a lot of what you said here, other than his floor.  He has a much lower floor than a guy like Shenault for example.  Thickly built and good route runner, along with the quickness and speed that Jeudy has, with a body that is built to take the beating of football.  Also Jeudy's legs just look so paper thin, how many elite WR's can you name that have chicken legs?  Both players are used very differently and system will matter for them to see if they can get the ball in more creative ways or not, but I see better floors with a few WR's.  Doesn't mean I'll rank them ahead of Jeudy though.  Playing safe isn't my style most of the time.  

I don't think he's an elite route runner either.  Just for comparisons sake, you take a look at a guy like Denzel Mims, you hardly see him run a half baked route.  Jeudy does.  Most of the time that's due to the play call being run or on the opposite side of the field and they're generally used for blocking but Mims is impressive because he actually looks like he's putting in effort ALL the time, where Jeudy is half the time.  I'm very cautious when it comes to Jeudy if you can't tell.  Body type scares me and I just hate how we have to talk about 3 Bama WR's when, IMO, the best one isn't even draft eligible. 
I agree with the size concern, that's my biggest worry.. that he will break.  He has held up well so far though. If this were a different Era and you were still allowed to blast WRs when they are making catches I would be more concerned about it.  I think the primary reason the NFL is trending away from big body WRs is that the injury concern with the smaller guys going over the middle and taking big hits otherwise is a lot less. 

I don't think Shenault has a particularly high floor, but he does have a better body for holding up to punishment.  I love his ceiling though. 

I also agree that Jeudy has room to improve as a route runner.  He could get more nuanced and more refined for sure, and if he does, look out because those physical gifts are already enough to get good separation. 

He other thing that concerns me a bit is that he isn't as big of a beast high pointing the ball as some other prospects.  He does have pretty good hands getting off of press coverage for a skinny framed guy like he is. 

I like Waddle a lot too but I think Jeudy is better still. 

Utah senior RB Zack Moss rushed 16 times for 57 yards in a 38-10 loss to Texas in the Valero Alamo Bowl Tuesday.

Moss (5'10/222) was bottled up by a fired-up Texas defense that was looking to make a statement against the 11th ranked Utes. Utah's shoddy offense performance shouldn't reflect poorly on Moss who is viewed as one of the top running backs in the 2020 NFL Draft class. The Pac-12 Offensive Player of the Year finishes the season with 1,416 yards rushing, a 6.0 YPC, 15 touchdowns while catching 28 passes for 388 yards and two touchdowns out of the backfield. Moss is projected by The Athletic's Dane Brugler as a second-round selection and the fourth-best running back who is expected to be eligible for this year's draft.

Jan 1, 2020, 12:25 AM ET

Texas senior WR Devin Duvernay caught three passes for 92 yards and a touchdown in a 38-10 victory over Utah in the Valero Alamo Bowl Tuesday.

Duvernay (5'11"/210) led the Longhorns in receiving and caught a an acrobatic contested fade-pass in the back-corner of the end-zone to put Texas up 31-10. Duvernay had an incredible senior season, snagging 106 passes for 1,386 yards and nine touchdowns in 13 games for UT. Duvernay is yet another member of this year's loaded wide receiver class and should make waves during the evaluation process as a speedster who posted a 10.2 100-meter time in high school. He should be selected in the middle rounds of the 2020 NFL Draft.

Dec 31, 2019, 11:18 PM ET

Texas senior WR Colin Johnson caught three passes for 62 yards and a touchdown in a 38-10 victory over Utah in the Valero Alamo Bowl Tuesday.

Johnson (6'6/220) caught his touchdown on a shallow crossing-pass from five yards out to put a bow on his collegiate career with the Longhorns. He missed several games with a nagging hamstring injury, but still caught 38 passes for 559 yards and three touchdowns in only seven games. Johnson's per-game production was on par with his career averages as he is squarely on NFL radars. He received an invitation to the NFL Scouting Combine and will use the opportunity to show draft evaluators that he is fully recovered from his injury woes. Johnson is being projected to land in the Day 2 range.

Jan 1, 2020, 12:00 AM ET

Penn State redshirt sophomore WR KJ Hamler declared for the 2020 NFL Draft.

Hamler (5'9/176) might not be a huge wideout, but he brings game-breaking speed to the field and has upside both as a receiver and as a special teams return man. During the 2019 campaign, the redshirt sophomore posted a 56-904-8 receiving line in 13 games while logging 513 yards on 25 kick returns. Day 2 probably represents his most comfortable range for a draft selection, but we wouldn't put it past Hamler to push into the late Day 1 conversation over the course of the evaluating process upcoming.

SOURCE: KJ Hamler on Twitter

Dec 31, 2019, 6:55 PM ET

Penn State WR KJ Hamler declares for NFL draft

Notre Dame redshirt junior RB Tony Jones Jr. declared for the 2020 NFL Draft.

Jones (5'11/224) turned in a career-best showing in 2019, rushing for 857 yards (6.0 YPC) and six touchdowns across 12 games played. He augmented his work on the ground via a 15-104-1 receiving line. Entering the fray in a loaded running backs class, if Jones is to be selected in the draft proper come April, he'll need to crush the evaluating process. At this juncture, he profiles as a likely undrafted free agent.

SOURCE: Tony Jones Jr. on Twitter

Dec 31, 2019, 4:36 PM ET

I agree with the size concern, that's my biggest worry.. that he will break.  He has held up well so far though. If this were a different Era and you were still allowed to blast WRs when they are making catches I would be more concerned about it.  I think the primary reason the NFL is trending away from big body WRs is that the injury concern with the smaller guys going over the middle and taking big hits otherwise is a lot less. 

I don't think Shenault has a particularly high floor, but he does have a better body for holding up to punishment.  I love his ceiling though. 

I also agree that Jeudy has room to improve as a route runner.  He could get more nuanced and more refined for sure, and if he does, look out because those physical gifts are already enough to get good separation. 

He other thing that concerns me a bit is that he isn't as big of a beast high pointing the ball as some other prospects.  He does have pretty good hands getting off of press coverage for a skinny framed guy like he is. 

I like Waddle a lot too but I think Jeudy is better still. 
Jeudy's route running is his best strength.

I think the primary reason the NFL is trending away from big body WRs is that the injury concern with the smaller guys going over the middle and taking big hits otherwise is a lot less. 
FWIW, 3 of the better performing rookie WRs this year were bigger bodied WRs (AJB, Decalf, Deebo). I am not familiar with McLaurins body type. but he certainly doesn't seem like a lanky wr. 

CeeDee Lamb is smaller than Jeudy...

FWIW, 3 of the better performing rookie WRs this year were bigger bodied WRs (AJB, Decalf, Deebo). I am not familiar with McLaurins body type. but he certainly doesn't seem like a lanky wr. 

Lamb and Jeudy are both a bit non-ideal in terms of body type but where Jeudy is clearly skinny Lamb looks kind of thin but much more muscular to me. I haven’t looked a lot at who is stronger in practical terms (coming off of jams etc) but I don’t look at Lamb and worry he doesn’t have an NFL body. Jeudy is a little tougher to figure. I worry less about Jeudy breaking bc he moves so well in the open field I don’t think he’ll take brutal hits consistently. I do worry a bit about his playing strength though. If he succeeds it’ll be on a technician level imo and that’s where I really like him. I prefer Lamb bc of point of catch skills and he’s just nasty. 

Lamb and Jeudy are both a bit non-ideal in terms of body type but where Jeudy is clearly skinny Lamb looks kind of thin but much more muscular to me. I haven’t looked a lot at who is stronger in practical terms (coming off of jams etc) but I don’t look at Lamb and worry he doesn’t have an NFL body. Jeudy is a little tougher to figure. I worry less about Jeudy breaking bc he moves so well in the open field I don’t think he’ll take brutal hits consistently. I do worry a bit about his playing strength though. If he succeeds it’ll be on a technician level imo and that’s where I really like him. I prefer Lamb bc of point of catch skills and he’s just nasty. 
Right now I prefer Lamb too

• Smile
Reactions: DAG

McLaurin is thick enough as well, but I don't think this really matters when discussing Jeudy.  They all have attributes that Jeudy doesn't, and Jeudy has attributes that those WRs don't. They are all really good players in different ways. 

I think what's so strange about this class is that we have really elite prospects all over the place, but almost none of them are the typical prototype guy for their position.  They make up for the lack of prototypical whatever they are lacking with other skills and attributes, but it seems more pronounced and diverse than your normal draft class.  This is going to be fun and I'm looking forward to debating all of these players with the football minds on here.  It's finally the offseason! 

McLaurin is thick enough as well, but I don't think this really matters when discussing Jeudy.  They all have attributes that Jeudy doesn't, and Jeudy has attributes that those WRs don't. They are all really good players in different ways. 

I think what's so strange about this class is that we have really elite prospects all over the place, but almost none of them are the typical prototype guy for their position.  They make up for the lack of prototypical whatever they are lacking with other skills and attributes, but it seems more pronounced and diverse than your normal draft class.  This is going to be fun and I'm looking forward to debating all of these players with the football minds on here.  It's finally the offseason! 
I agree. A lot to like with these wrs right now, however I have not gone too far deep to figure out who I am ruling out. Really excited about the RBs more than the WRs right now 

Users who are viewing this thread