What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] 2020 NFL Draft Class (11 Viewers)

Virginia Tech redshirt junior RB Deshawn McClease has declared for the 2020 NFL Draft.

McClease (5'9/197) ended his final season in Blacksburg on a positive note individually speaking, as he rushed for 126 yards and a touchdown on just 11 carries in Virginia Tech's loss to Kentucky in the Belk Bowl. He finished his 2019 season with 843 yards and seven rushing touchdowns, averaging 4.8 yards per carry, while also catching 11 passes for 70 yards. McClease has his work cut out for himself when it comes to hearing his name called in April, as going on Day 3 represents his ceiling at this point in the pre-draft process.

SOURCE: Virginia Tech Football on Twitter

Jan 6, 2020, 1:06 PM ET

Louisiana redshirt senior WR JaMarcus Bradley caught seven passes for 88 yards and two touchdowns in Monday's 27-17 LendingTree Bowl win again Miami (OH).

With the two scoring grabs, Bradley finishes with exactly 10 touchdown catches for the second consecutive season. Both touchdowns tonight came in the third quarter, pushing Louisiana to a 24-10 lead they'd never relinquish. As for Bradley, he finishes with a 60-908-10 receiving line in 2019. Bradley (6'1/195) has officially exhausted his collegiate eligibility. He'll next ship off to the Shrine Bowl in hopes of drawing a Day 3 call in April.

Jan 6, 2020, 11:33 PM ET

Arizona senior QB Khalil Tate indicated he intends to pursue a professional career as a quarterback and will not participate in wide receiver drills at the College Gridiron Showcase.

Tate (6'2/215) believes he will test in the 'low-4.4s' for his 40-yard dash time and has been compared to Terrell Pryor in terms of being a quarterback whose skill set best suits the wide receiver position at the NFL level. Tate however is insistent that he will prove that he is more than a running quarterback and can make accurate throws from the pocket. He finished the season with 1,954 yards passing and a 14/11 ratio to go along with 413 yards rushing and three touchdowns while splitting reps with freshman as the season went along. According to The Athletic's Dane Brugler, Tate is likely to get a camp invite but will have troubling seeing the field at the next level.

SOURCE: Fort Worth Star Telegram

Jan 7, 2020, 6:59 PM ET

Oregon QB Justin Herbert accepted an invitation to play in the Resse's Senior Bowl.

Herbert (6'6/237) will look to bolster his credibility as a top-15 selection in the 2020 NFL Draft with a strong showing in Senior Bowl practices. He completed 67 percent of his passes for 3,471 yards and a 32/6 ratio whil also punching in four rushing touchdowns. He has an impressive physical skill set that stands out amongst a middling 2020 QB class outside of Joe Burrow and Tua Tagovailoa. Herbert was somewhat inconsistent at times and failed to crack 200-yards passing in each of his last three games, posting a 2/1 ratio in that span. He could use a strong showing in the post-season evaluation process to cement his upper first-round potential.

SOURCE: Jim Nagy on Twitter

Jan 8, 2020, 11:45 AM ET

It would add a very interesting twist. It's a great landing spot and would vault him to 1.1 in most drafts. 

If you own 1.2, you've got to be pretty happy to have Swift as a consolation prize
For sure. This is the most excited I have been for an NFL draft since I started playing dynasty eight years ago. Can't wait!

Georgia junior QB Jake Fromm declared for the 2020 NFL Draft.

Fromm was once widely considered to be a Day 1 prospect but more evidence of average arm strength and mobility dropped his draft stock this past season. Fromm still has a decent shot at a Day 2 selection and, in theory, could work his way back into the backend of the first round with a very strong draft process. In three seasons at Georgia, Fromm averaged 8.4 yards per attempt with a 78/18 TD/INT ratio.

SOURCE: Jake Fromm on Twitter

Jan 8, 2020, 1:37 PM ET

Georgia junior QB Jake Fromm has declared his eligibility for the 2020 NFL Draft.

Fromm (6'3/220) is a much maligned prospect in NFL Draft circles as he has drawn criticism for his lackluster play down the stretch, failing to complete 50 percent of his passes or throw for 200-yards in any of his last five regular season games. It had been rumored that Tua Tagovailoa's decision to declare might affect Fromm's decision, but he elected to enter the draft regardless. ESPN analyst Todd McShay is particularly high on Fromm and thinks he could possibly crack the first-round, though he is generally viewed as a Day 2 prospect by most of the NFL Draft community.

SOURCE: Jake Fromm on Twitter

Jan 8, 2020, 1:59 PM ET

Texas A&M redshirt junior WR Kendrick Rogers declared for the 2020 NFL Draft.

Rogers (6'4/204) announced his decision via Twitter Wednesday afternoon, becoming the second Texas A&M wideout to turn pro since the end of the season (Quartney Davis). This season the redshirt junior appeared in 13 games, starting seven, and he caught 30 passes for 351 yards and two touchdowns. Rogers has good size for a wide receiver and can make some impressive grabs in traffic, but he's likely a Day 3/UDFA prospect at this point in the pre-draft process.

SOURCE: Kendrick Rogers on Twitter

Jan 9, 2020, 2:26 PM ET

Hawaii QB Cole McDonald declares for 2020 NFL Draft

Rotoworld:

Hawaii redshirt junior QB Cole McDonald declared for the 2020 NFL Draft.

McDonald (6'4/220) is coming off a 2019 campaign in which he threw for 4,135 yards (63.8% completions) with a 33/14 TD/INT ratio. He wrapped up having thrown 69 touchdowns over the past two seasons. While the numbers are alluring, and while McDonald comes with some mobility and a talented arm, major issues with decision-making (24 picks combined in 2018 and 2019) forced him to the bench on several occasions during his starting career with the Warriors. The Rainbow Warriors appeared to want to roll forward with Chevan Cordeiro, so McDonald's decision isn't necessarily a big surprise. While it wouldn't be a surprise if some tag McDonald as a "sleeper" during evaluation season, he's no more than a late-Day 3 flier. Because of the decision-making, we see him as a UDFA.

SOURCE: Cole McDonald on Twitter

Jan 9, 2020, 10:26 AM ET

UCLA redshirt senior RB Joshua Kelley has accepted an invitation to play in the Reese's Senior Bowl.

Kelley (5'11/219) has gone from beginning his collegiate career at UC Davis to earning an invitation to play in the most prestigious postseason all-star game. As a redshirt senior he made 11 starts, rushing for 1,060 yards and 12 touchdowns with an average of 4.6 yards per carry. In his two seasons at UCLA, Kelley rushed for 2,303 yards and 24 touchdowns while averaging 5.1 yards per carry. Pro Football Network draft analyst Tony Pauline gave Kelley a 5th-round grade in early September, and that projection hasn't changed much going into the pre-draft season.

SOURCE: Reese's Senior Bowl on Twitter

Jan 9, 2020, 5:54 PM ET

Michigan State WR Cody White leaving for NFL draft

Rotoworld:

Michigan State junior WR Cody White has declared for the 2020 NFL Draft.

White (6'3/215) appeared in all 13 of Michigan State's games this season, catching 66 passes for 922 yards and six touchdowns. He became an even more important target in the passing game during the second half of the season, as the Spartans were hit hard by injuries at the skill positions. White is capable of returning punts, accumulating 40 yards on seven returns in Michigan State's first four games. He's likely to be a Day 3 selection in April's draft.

SOURCE: Cody White on Twitter

Jan 10, 2020, 2:39 PM ET

It's very early but I've got 10 NFL teams in the market for a RB that according to my tiers, as of today, could come in and finish as an RB1 or 2 for fantasy next season. I'm assuming some of them can come in and at least compete for a big role. That's 3 RB1s and 7 RB2s. And about three other NFL teams that others have expressed doubts about the incumbent RB there. 

So by my *very early* look at the depth chart landscape, there are actually quite a few job openings in the NFL. This was not my view just a few months ago and I have heard others say the same thing - that it's great the rookie class is so good but there aren't that many openings. Well now I disagree and it's a big reason why I think this class will live up to the hype. 

How many starting caliber backs will get drafted? 10? Free agency will fill a couple openings and teams that should draft a RB won't. I think there are going to be some really good backs that slip in the draft but end up competing on rosters and winning. 

Ten cents. My ten teams with openings:

Chiefs

Steelers

49ers

Falcons

Texans

Patriots

Dolphins (room for 2 backs here possibly)

Jets

Bucs

Wash DC pro team

Others people have mentioned that are plausible:

Lions

Bears

Colts

Eagles

Ravens

Ranking in need of a rb I would put those teams

Miami

(gap)

Hou

TB

KC

(gap)

SF

Atl

Pit

Det

SD - pending MG and AE

Wash

Sea - pending injuries

I don’t think anybody else needs a RB per se, other than depth. 

Cincinnati junior RB Michael Warren has declared his eligibility for the 2020 NFL Draft.

Warren (5'11/218) carried 261 times for 1,265 yards and fourteen touchdowns for the Bearcats. He really stepped up his production down the stretch as he logged at least 20 carries in each of his last five games, going for 99 yards or more in each of them. His departure is a blow to the Bearcats offense that will now turn to Gerrid Doaks and Ryan Montgomery to lead the backfield in 2020. Walterfootball.com projects Warren as a Day 3 prospect for NFL Draft purposes.

SOURCE: Michael Warren on Twitter

Jan 10, 2020, 9:38 PM ET

Oklahoma State redshirt sophomore RB Chuba Hubbard released a statement announcing he will make a decision on whether he will declare for the NFL Draft within the next few days.

Hubbard (6'1/207) has until the January 20th NFL early entree deadline to make his final decision. He became only the second OSU running back to surpass the 2,000-yard mark alongside the great Barry Sanders. Hubbard was an overall workhorse for the Cowboys recording 328 carries to go with 2,094 yards and 21 touchdowns on the year. Hubbard is viewed as a top-5 caliber running back in the 2020 class and will likely garner a Day 2 selection.

SOURCE: Chuba Hubbard on Twitter

Jan 10, 2020, 8:46 PM ET

Ranking in need of a rb I would put those teams

Miami

(gap)

Hou

TB

KC

(gap)

SF

Atl

Pit

Det

SD - pending MG and AE

Wash

Sea - pending injuries

I don’t think anybody else needs a RB per se, other than depth. 
6 draft sites who do 2-3 round mocks. Used First Pick- Walter- 24/7  - Draftwire- SD Tribune - Tankathon

• Swift  Mia 38 - Mia 18 - KC 29 - Balt 32 - Mia 18 - Mia 38
  • Dobbins Jets 48 - LAC 37 - Atl 55 - TB 45 - KC 61 - Hous 58
  • Taylor Buf 54 - Det 35 - Mia 39 - KC 29 - Tenn 25 - Ariz 40
  • Etienne Hous 58 - KC 93 - Hous 58 - Mia 39 - Hous 58 - Phil 85
rest 

• Akers First KC 61, Tank Balt 96
  • Harris Walt TB 43, 24/7 Tenn 57, Wire Hous 58
  • Hubbard Walt Jets 48
  • Benjamin Walt Buf 86
  • Moss Tank KC 93

Last edited by a moderator:
You think so? I thought he looked smaller....shorter for sure. He looks good in that video, can he pass block?

Tex
I was going by the espn listed size. 5'11", 222 although we know is usually inflated.

no idea on pass blocking

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread