What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] 2020 NFL Draft Class (1 Viewer)

You think so? I thought he looked smaller....shorter for sure. He looks good in that video, can he pass block?

Tex

I was going by the espn listed size. 5'11", 222 although we know is usually inflated.

no idea on pass blocking
His blitz pickup is very good, uses his size and good leverage, pretty patient with it and loads well.  Probably the best in the class at it.  

USF redshirt senior TE Mitchell Wilcox has accepted and invitation to play in the East/West Shrine Bowl.

Wilcox (6'5/245) caught 28 passes for 350 yards and five touchdowns in 11 games for USF. The production level was a step back from his 2018 numbers when he caught 43 passes for 540 yards and two touchdowns. Wilcox was named first team All-AAC by both the coaches and Phil Steele in 2018. He was ranked as the fourth-best TE in the 2020 draft class by NFL.com analyst Gil Brandt and is widely considered to be a Day 3 prospect.

SOURCE: Shrinegame.com

Jan 11, 2020, 9:36 PM ET

Western Michigan redshirt senior TE Giovanni Ricci accepted an invitation to play in the East/West Shrine Bowl.

Ricci (6'3/240) dominated MAC secondaries to the tune of 51 receptions, 642 yards and eight touchdowns as he earned first-team All-Mac honors for his play. He was a key target for WMU QB Jon Wassink, leading the team in touchdown receptions and finished second in receiving yardage. Ricci was given a seventh round grade by Pro Football Network and will try to advance his draft status at the Shrine Bowl.

Jan 11, 2020, 8:59 PM ET

Rhode Island senior WR Aaron Parker has accepted an invitation to play in the East/West Shrine Bowl.

Parker (6'2/205) had an incredible career for the Rams, catching 216 passes for 3,460 yards, a 16.0 YPC and 30 touchdowns over his illustrious four year tenure. He led the CAA league in receiving yards each of the past two seasons en route to earning First Team All-CAA Conference honors. He became only the second player in team history to eclipse the 3,000 career receiving yardage mark and will look to put himself on the NFL map with a strong performance at the Shrine Bowl.

Jan 11, 2020, 8:30 PM ET

Berry senior WR Mason Kinsey accepted an invitation to the East-West Shrine Bowl.

Because we're sure you're curious, Berry is a small Liberal Arts college located in Mt. Berry, Georgia. Kinsey (5'11/191) put up monster numbers at the school, scoring 50 touchdowns in his four years with 49 of them coming in the final three. That production put him on the map, and now he'll have a chance to show he can compete against draftable talent.

SOURCE: East-West Shrine Bowl

Jan 11, 2020, 2:13 PM ET

Virginia Tech junior TE Dalton Keene declared for the 2020 NFL Draft.

Keene (6'4/246) was one of the better tight ends in the ACC last year, catching 59 passes for 748 yards and picking up eight touchdowns. He's viewed as a late-round draft pick by analysts at this point, but could move up if he tests well in what is viewed as a weak tight end class.

SOURCE: Dalton Keene on Twitter

Jan 11, 2020, 12:07 PM ET

Illinois redshirt senior RB Reggie Corbin has accepted an invite to the 2020 East/West Shrine Bowl.

Corbin (5'10/200) did not have the senior season he was hoping for, but his resume is still plenty impressive. In part because of a ridiculous 2018 season in which he earned 8.5 yards per carry, Corbin has earned over 1700 yards rushing over the past two seasons. Corbin also scored 16 touchdowns and caught 19 passes over that span. Corbin is a threat in space and has the moves to make multiple defenders miss on a single play. Assuming all goes well for him, Corbin is expected to be a Day 3 pick.

SOURCE: Shrine Bowl on Twitter

Jan 12, 2020, 1:14 PM ET

South Carolina senior RB Tavien Feaster has accepted an invitation to play in the East-West Shrine Bowl.

Feaster (6'0/221) played three seasons at Clemson before transferring to South Carolina ahead of the 2019 campaign. In ten games as a Gamecock, the senior running back rushed for 672 yards and five touchdowns with an average of 5.4 yards per carry. Feaster projects to be an undrafted free agent in this spring's draft, but could sneak into the back end of Day 3 with a solid pre-draft season.

SOURCE: ShrineGame.com

Jan 12, 2020, 3:39 PM ET

I’m coming around more on Akers. I think we’re missing the boat on this one. He looks just as good if not better than Dobbins. He’s definitely more explosive.

Tex

I don’t even know where to begin with this RB class. Many meet a lot of production thresholds and broke out very young. Even some good satellite backs leaving early. The UDFA’s this year will see playing time next year. The combine is going to be very big for many.

Mocks have Eno in the 4th?  I'm thinking he is losing some stock to some other guys who have better vision and don't run into their line man's backs all game. 

LSU junior WR Justin Jefferson caught nine passes for 106 yards in Monday's 42-25 win over Clemson in the CFP National Championship presented by AT&T.

Jefferson (6'3/192) caught as many passes as teammate Ja'Marr Chase, but earned have the yardage. And that's okay! Jefferson's role in LSU's offense is as a slot receiver who helps move the chains and provide a safety blanket for QB Joe Burrow, and he did just that. Jefferson has not yet declared for the NFL Draft, but if he did, he would likely be a Day 2 pick. It's tough to imagine Jefferson will turn down that opportunity.

Jan 14, 2020, 12:58 AM ET

Iowa junior EDGE A.J. Epenesa announced that he is entering the 2020 NFL Draft.

Epenesa (6'6/280) terrorized opposing offenses posting 49 tackles, 32 solo, 11.5 sacks, four forced fumbles and three passes defensed in a stellar junior season for the Hawkeyes. The AP second-team All-American is viewed as the top pass-rusher in the draft outside of OSU's Chase Young who will likely command a first-round selection. ESPN draft analyst Mel Kiper ranks Epensesa 20th on his big board while Bleacher Report's Matt Miller has him in the top-10.

SOURCE: A.J. Epenesa on Instagram

Jan 14, 2020, 11:21 AM ET

Oregon redshirt senior WR Juwan Johnson has accepted an invitation to play in the East-West Shrine Bowl.

Johnson (6'4/231), who began his career at Penn State before joining the Oregon program as a grad transfer, struggled with injuries for much of the 2019 season. He appeared in ten of Oregon's 14 games, catching 30 passes for 467 yards and four touchdowns. Johnson was given a fifth-round grade by Pro Football Network ahead of the Rose Bowl, and he should hear his name called at some point of Day 3 of April's NFL Draft.

SOURCE: ShrineGame.com

Jan 14, 2020, 5:02 PM ET

Anyone else find it weird how players from certain schools look like players from that school from a past year?  The more players I dive into the more I see similarities between them and someone before them.  I don't know just a weird thought this morning.  

Probably has something to do with what the coaches look for in a player, athleticism or profile, or maybe it's usage with their scheme that makes it look that way.  

Anyone else find it weird how players from certain schools look like players from that school from a past year?  The more players I dive into the more I see similarities between them and someone before them.  I don't know just a weird thought this morning.  

Probably has something to do with what the coaches look for in a player, athleticism or profile, or maybe it's usage with their scheme that makes it look that way.  
Recruiting style, possibly usage both. Could also be your mind tricking you a bit based on uniforms.

Users who are viewing this thread