What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] 2020 NFL Draft Class (3 Viewers)

Where are people getting this from?
It's actually talked about quite a bit by film guys and podcasts that hes not as good of a between the tackle guy as Swift or Dobbins. IMO Taylor goes after both of them in the NFL draft. Leaving fantasy owners scratching their heads. Rookie drafts will be interesting 

Last edited by a moderator:
Kmet and Trautman in the 4th only for me. Claypool as a TE is interesting, but still only a 4th for me.
I think it’s hard to really put yourself out there on any te class, especially pre draft. I think there are a few te that could turn into good ffl te, but it really depends on where they go, and it may take some time to develop or supplant a starter. People that used an early 2nd on goedert are still waiting/hoping for a breakout. People who drafted Howard/njoku are hoping something happens. Hunter Henry owners can’t be pleased with the investment other than he keeps looking the part before he leaves the field. People that drafted hooper or kittle, or sat on Ian thomas, have been rewarded. Sure, that’s cherry picking a bit, I’ll admit. Using late picks is probably the way to go though. I think kmet, trautman, Okwuegbunam, and Harrison Bryant all look the part if they get the right spot. So who needs te or has an old/weak te1? A few teams also have backup spots with young starter like Ten/car...

Mia, NE, NYJ, Hou, Sea, Ari?, NO, Indy, chi...probably forgetting someone. Lots of spots where a guy could get targets or be te2 to old/oft injured/unproven players. 

I think anyone that goes to one of those teams at least has a chance to become a starter at some point, maybe even as soon as this season even for later picks on the right team. I think the 3/4 round will hold some value here.

I should probably troll around the internet and see what film guys think of him but fantasy wise we may be sleeping on Cole McDonald. He  has the second most career rushing yards in this class, ran a 4.58, has a rocket arm and completed the second most 20+ yard throws to Burrow. Feels like we’re a bit asleep at the wheel with limited pro days. Really like this kid from an athletic standpoint.

According to NFL Media's Ian Rapoport, the Giants "have spent a lot of time researching" Oregon QB Justin Herbert. 

While the possibility of Herbert being selected fourth overall is certainly worth considering, it is extremely difficult to envision a scenario in which the Giants are the team doing the picking. The team selected Duke's Daniel Jones in the first round of last year's draft, anointing him the heir apparent to the now-retired Eli Manning. If anything the report of the Giants looking into Herbert is an attempt to spark some trade conversations for the pick. Teams picking below New York within the top-10 that are expected to be in the market for a quarterback are Miami (5th overall), the Chargers (6th) and Jacksonville (9th). 

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Apr 20, 2020, 10:05 AM ET

Doesn't matter, he "played" 3 years at OSU and when I think of seniors as it relates to the draft I think of players who played 4 years.  That's not the case with Thomas.

Put it in context of playing 4 years vs playing < 4 years.  Besides, the NFL defines underclassman that way,.
Poorly written article IMO.  "Early declares" is too ambiguous.  The context is clearly to categorize players going as soon as eligible from those not.  There's no difference between a guy that actually played 4 years from a guy that played one year and red-shirted a 4th.  They are the same age and neither declared as soon as they could.  And if they actually measured them along these lines it's an even less valuable article because it's a worthless differentiation.

An anonymous AFC coach told NFL Network's Tom Pelissero "if you want [Notre Dame TE Cole Kmet], you're going to have to take him late first or early, early second."

This fits NBC Sports' Chris Simms recent declaration that he would be "shocked" if Kmet (6'6/262) didn't land somewhere between picks No. 20-32. "He's probably one of the top inline Ys in the last couple years," an anonymous AFC coach added. "High character in every way." Kmet, who comps similarly to Kyle Rudolph at the next level, posted 43/515/6 receiving as a true junior last season. He will likely need time to transition into a true three-down role, but Kmet has enough strength to be a quality run-blocker out the gates. The Patriots and 49ers are among those who could add the developing 21-year-old at the end of Day 1.

RELATED: 

New England Patriots

, San Francisco 49ers

SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter

Apr 21, 2020, 10:31 AM ET

ESPN.com's Matt Bowen believes that Washington QB Jacob Eason's best fit at the next level would be a playaction scheme that takes advantage of his arm strength. 

"Eason has the profile of a classic pocket thrower, with a 6-foot-6 frame and rocket arm to attack all three levels of the field," Bowen wrote. "He fits best in an NFL system that utilizes the play-action passing game to scheme up vertical throws over the top of the secondary." While many teams in the NFL have gone with more mobile quarterbacks in recent years, Eason is a throwback when it comes to his size and arm strength. But given the shift in offensive schemes, fit will likely be of even greater importance to Eason than some of the other signal-callers in this draft. While it's possible that he hears his name called on Day 1, Day 2 is viewed as the more likely spot for the former Husky. 

SOURCE: ESPN Insider

Apr 21, 2020, 5:35 PM ET

ESPN.com's Matt Bowen believes that Florida WR Van Jefferson has the best hands of anyone at his position group in this draft class. 

"Jefferson is one of the top route runners in this class, with pro-ready traits in that department," Bowen wrote. "But he also showcases strong hands at the point of attack, allowing him to snag the ball in tight windows." Jefferson (6'1/200) was unable to take part in the NFL Scouting Combine due to a Jones fracture that required surgery, but it's well-known what he can do as a pass-catcher. If there's an issue for him heading into this week's draft it's the depth of the receiver position, which likely limits his ceiling to going on Day 2. Whoever lands Jefferson will be getting a polished route-runner who also displayed consistent catching ability as a collegian.

SOURCE: ESPN Insider

Apr 21, 2020, 6:34 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread