What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MAGA hats/clothing plus politically related apparel discussion thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, Obama may have been handed 2-7 offsuit but even after seeing all other peoples cards (Very helpful Fed policy that helped his otherwise attrocious harmful growth policies) he finished his 8 years never even getting a straight ( not one year of at least 3% GDP growth! A feat that has NEVER happened before in the history of the United States)  Horrible President.
Handed a trainwreck, handed off something much better. That’s a great President, sorry. 

Not saying you believe this but choosing to believe a wall is to keep out "brown" people as people have so racistly posted in this forum instead of protecting our country from law breaking individuals and/or illegal drug trafficking is ignorant.  I support the wall for this reason as a resident of Arizona with kids ages 12 and 15 I hope to squash the ease of access to illegal drugs.
I've got a radical idea to stop the flow of at least some of the illegal drugs.  Bear with me here.

The cocaine comes from South America, right?  It's the only place where the coca plant can thrive.  So here's what we do- we find the narrowest part of Central America and we build ... no, not a wall, but an entire freaking CANAL.  A body of water, 100 feet wide, from coast to coast, sea to shining sea, Caribbean to Pacific. Totally impassible.  It's much cheaper, more effective and easier to monitor than a 2000 mile wall from the Gulf of Mexico to the Pacific, yes? 

So I say we do that, give it a while, and see if it cuts off the flow of cocaine to the United States. Assuming it does- and how could it fail, considering you think a much larger and less well-monitored wall would succeed- then you've got a better argument for your wall, right?

It's why Sarah Sanders doesn't even attempt to lie to the press anymore. She's worn out.
Trump even told Sanders "not to bother" with press briefings.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/01/22/trump-press-briefings-1117946

President Donald Trump on Tuesday said he told White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders "not to bother" with press briefings anymore, and tried to blame the media for the increasingly rare events.

"The reason Sarah Sanders does not go to the 'podium' much anymore is that the press covers her so rudely & inaccurately, in particular certain members of the press. I told her not to bother, the word gets out anyway! Most will never cover us fairly & hence, the term, Fake News!" Trump tweeted.

Just curious - could somebody go through your past and find dozens and dozens of examples of these types of things being said that you would have to defend and come up with excuses for?
I don't like Trump personally. I think he's an elitist who see's himself better than most people. I don't think he's racist, I think he treats people as if they're lower than he is. I also think that's a rich thing, they live in a world different than common people live in and that's the most disturbing thing about politics IMO .... "The Center for Responsive Politics analyzed the personal financial disclosure data from 2012 of the 534 current members of Congress and found that, for the first time, more than half had an average net worth of $1 million or more: 268 to be exact, up from 257 the year earlier. The median for congressional Democrats was $1.04 million and, for Republicans, $1 million even."    I see that pattern in how he talks and all the dozens and dozens of example you refer to. Outright racist? No. That was LBJ. Is Trump sexist? In a way yes, he sees women IMO as sex objects because all his life women have thrown themselves at his money. I think he values women too, absolutely and he's appointed a few, relies on a few etc.

Trump is someone I don't think I'd want to be around but I didn't vote him to be nice and I've said it before, if a better conservative GOP steps in and beats Trump for GOP nomination in 2020 fine by me.

I read today - with my point being who here on this board gets to jet all over the world and eat the best of foods and drink the best of drinks with someone else paying for it ?

in 2010 that Pelosi’s jet travel cost the Air Force $2,100,744.59 over a two-year period — $101,429.14 of which was for in-flight expenses, including food and alcohol. Some details:

The average cost of an international CODEL was $228,563.33. Of the 103 Pelosi-led CODELs, 31 trips included members of the House Speaker’s family.

One CODEL traveling through Tel Aviv, Israel, to Baghdad, Iraq, May 15-20, 2008, included members of Congress and their spouses and cost $17,931 per hour in aircraft alone. Purchases for the CODEL included: Johnny Walker Red scotch, Grey Goose vodka, E&J brandy, Bailey’s Irish Crème, Maker’s Mark whiskey, Courvoisier cognac, Bacardi Light rum, Jim Beam whiskey, Beefeater gin, Dewars scotch, Bombay Sapphire gin, Jack Daniels whiskey, Corona beer and several bottles of wine.

How have you won? The misled stats you post? The fact that your boy isn't getting his wall? All the charges that his buddies are accumulating as the walls close in on him from Mueller?   You jus walk around happily oblivious to reality.  I'm sure when Trump is either impeached or loses a landslide election in 2020, you'll somehow claim that you're winning there, too. :popcorn:
One question, Did you vote for Hillary?

Guessing I won that one.  :lol:

Trump even told Sanders "not to bother" with press briefings.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/01/22/trump-press-briefings-1117946

President Donald Trump on Tuesday said he told White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders "not to bother" with press briefings anymore, and tried to blame the media for the increasingly rare events.

"The reason Sarah Sanders does not go to the 'podium' much anymore is that the press covers her so rudely & inaccurately, in particular certain members of the press. I told her not to bother, the word gets out anyway! Most will never cover us fairly & hence, the term, Fake News!" Trump tweeted. 

does this bother you ?

I don't like Trump personally. I think he's an elitist who see's himself better than most people. I don't think he's racist, I think he treats people as if they're lower than he is. I also think that's a rich thing, they live in a world different than common people live in and that's the most disturbing thing about politics IMO .... "The Center for Responsive Politics analyzed the personal financial disclosure data from 2012 of the 534 current members of Congress and found that, for the first time, more than half had an average net worth of $1 million or more: 268 to be exact, up from 257 the year earlier. The median for congressional Democrats was $1.04 million and, for Republicans, $1 million even."    I see that pattern in how he talks and all the dozens and dozens of example you refer to. Outright racist? No. That was LBJ. Is Trump sexist? In a way yes, he sees women IMO as sex objects because all his life women have thrown themselves at his money. I think he values women too, absolutely and he's appointed a few, relies on a few etc.

Trump is someone I don't think I'd want to be around but I didn't vote him to be nice and I've said it before, if a better conservative GOP steps in and beats Trump for GOP nomination in 2020 fine by me. 

I read today - with my point being who here on this board gets to jet all over the world and eat the best of foods and drink the best of drinks with someone else paying for it ?
Everyone: Trump is a racist.  Here is the overwhelming evidence

Stealthycat: Eh, I don't think he is. Not gonna address that evidence, though.  Instead I'm gonna ramble on the unrelated topic of wealth and power in a hilarious, transparent effort to pivot to some mindless, context-free Pelosi trashing I picked up from bottom-dwelling racists at the Daily Caller this week.

No, he did nothing to help the economy.  His prize achievement was a massive failure (Obamacare).  History will not look kindly on his Presidency.
Hi, Officer Pete Malloy here.   You may remember me from facts like "I Have a Degree in History" and "I've Been Teaching US History for 24 Years" and maybe even "I'm Literate".  

You're wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone: Trump is a racist.  Here is the overwhelming evidence

Stealthycat: Eh, I don't think he is. Not gonna address that evidence, though.  Instead I'm gonna ramble on the unrelated topic of wealth and power in a hilarious, transparent effort to pivot to some mindless, context-free Pelosi trashing I picked up from bottom-dwelling racists at the Daily Caller this week.
Everyone = media and anti-Trumpites and no, the evidence is not overwhelming in fact, Trump has spoken out against racism and hatred often. Elitist? yes. Sexist? I think so in a way. Rude? Yep. Racist? no

the "evidence" ?  no, there are snippets out of context, there are Trumpism's that his loud mouth often makes ........... but no, he's not a white supremacist and he's not racism IMO

I realize anti-Trump has to believe that just as anti-Trump has to believe everything negative and never see any of the positives. That hate is needed I think and media keeps it alive for sure. Its something the US needs to overcome, and in this political environment I just don't see it happening.

Everyone = media and anti-Trumpites and no, the evidence is not overwhelming in fact, Trump has spoken out against racism and hatred often. Elitist? yes. Sexist? I think so in a way. Rude? Yep. Racist? no

the "evidence" ?  no, there are snippets out of context, there are Trumpism's that his loud mouth often makes ........... but no, he's not a white supremacist and he's not racism IMO

I realize anti-Trump has to believe that just as anti-Trump has to believe everything negative and never see any of the positives. That hate is needed I think and media keeps it alive for sure. Its something the US needs to overcome, and in this political environment I just don't see it happening.

You've been given at least three of the countless examples of his racism in this thread, with explanations (DOJ lawsuit, "####hole countries" immigration rant, Judge Curiel).  You haven't addressed the substance of any of them, other than to get the underlying critique of the "####hole countries" thing totally wrong, completely misunderstand why the Judge Curiel thing was an example of racism (hint- ask yourself how it is that a Mexican-American would be biased against the wall but a white American would not be), and botch the facts of the DOJ discrimination investigation/lawsuit.

Nothing you've said here contradicts any of that. It's just more deflection, broad assumptions based on your feelings, and mindless ranting about how much people hate Trump as if opposition to the man is somehow inherently irrational despite the fact that he's demonstrably an awful human being in pretty much every way and that this demonstration has been made repeatedly.

Anyway, the hat sucks and people deserve to be judged for wearing it.

You've been given at least three of the countless examples of his racism in this thread, with explanations (DOJ lawsuit, "####hole countries" immigration rant, Judge Curiel).  You haven't addressed the substance of any of them, other than to get the underlying critique of the "####hole countries" thing totally wrong, completely misunderstand why the Judge Curiel thing was an example of racism (hint- ask yourself how it is that a Mexican-American would be biased against the wall but a white American would not be), and botch the facts of the DOJ discrimination investigation/lawsuit.

Nothing you've said here contradicts any of that. It's just more deflection, broad assumptions based on your feelings, and mindless ranting about how much people hate Trump as if opposition to the man is somehow inherently irrational despite the fact that he's demonstrably an awful human being in pretty much every way and that this demonstration has been made repeatedly.

Anyway, the hat sucks and people deserve to be judged for wearing it.
It is fine to have an opinion that you believe Trump is a racist, although it doesn't mean you are right.  I don't believe he is a racist either as there is not sufficient evidence to prove so despite your efforts.

Most amazing part of that story:

... then Seminole County Supervisor of Elections
Come on, man.  Even a college kid or a 20-something in the private sector should know better than that. But an elections supervisor?

It is fine go have an opinion that you believe Trump is a racist, although it doesn't mean you are right.  I don't believe he is a racist either as there is not sufficient evidence to prove so despite your efforts.
Ever notice how all the posts about how Trump is super duper racist come with expansive evidence and links and explanations, but all the posts about how Trump isn't a racist just kinda say "nah, Trump isn't a racist" and leave it at that?

That's because Trump is super duper racist.

Ever notice how all the posts about how Trump is super duper racist come with expansive evidence and links and explanations, but all the posts about how Trump isn't a racist just kinda say "nah, Trump isn't a racist" and leave it at that?

That's because Trump is super duper racist.
False, burden is on you to prove he is a racist.  Sorry

I did that last page. Here is OP in case you missed it:

As they say, words are cheap. We judge people more from their actions and not just by their words. However, Trump has a well documented history of both racist actions and racist remarks. In the below Vox link there is an extensive list from the 70s to 2018.

https://www.vox.com/2016/7/25/12270880/donald-trump-racism-history 

"I'm a Vietnam vet, you know," Phillips said. "I served in the Marine Corps from '72 to '76. I got discharged May 5, 1976. I got honorable discharge and one of the boxes in there shows if you were peacetime or... what my box says that I was in theater. I don't talk much about my Vietnam times. I usually say 'I don't recollect. I don't recall,' you know, those years."

In the same video, at around the 23:45 mark, he states, "I got a Section 8 home because I'm a veteran, wartime veteran like that. Honorable, in theater, so I have Section 8 home."

https://www.businessinsider.com/native-elder-nathan-phillips-falsely-calls-self-a-vietnam-vet-in-video-2019-1

Link to where I said a wall will stop drugs?  
You need a link to why you supported the wall?  Like you needed a link to who said they would be proud to shut down the government?

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/773882-maga-hatsclothing-plus-politically-related-apparel-discussion-thread/?do=findComment&comment=21669817

I support the wall for this reason as a resident of Arizona with kids ages 12 and 15 I hope to squash the ease of access to illegal drugs.
Was my paraphrasing that tough for you?  You were questioned by multiple people on that (given the facts of how drugs come into this country.  You ignored such questions.  And doubled down about it being about drugs and national security.  You again ignored how it helped national security.

Need any more?  Or going to use the semantics that you didn't say "stop drugs"?  Because the point remains the same that you refuse to acknowledge the facts and proof in front of you.

Yeah, that's been done several times over.  Sorry.  Your guy is a big ole racist.

Maybe one day we'll start a thread so people can see all the evidence in one place.  Not you, of course- you'll presumably ignore it, just as you've completely ignored all the evidence already presented in this thread. But hopefully other people.

You need a link to why you supported the wall?  Like you needed a link to who said they would be proud to shut down the government?

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/773882-maga-hatsclothing-plus-politically-related-apparel-discussion-thread/?do=findComment&comment=21669817

Was my paraphrasing that tough for you?  You were questioned by multiple people on that (given the facts of how drugs come into this country.  You ignored such questions.  And doubled down about it being about drugs and national security.  You again ignored how it helped national security.

Need any more?  Or going to use the semantics that you didn't say "stop drugs"?  Because the point remains the same that you refuse to acknowledge the facts and proof in front of you.
I accept your apology.  We can now agree I never said a wall will stop drugs.  Thank you Sho!

Link to where I said a wall will stop drugs?  

Not saying you believe this but choosing to believe a wall is to keep out "brown" people as people have so racistly posted in this forum instead of protecting our country from law breaking individuals and/or illegal drug trafficking is ignorant.  I support the wall for this reason as a resident of Arizona with kids ages 12 and 15 I hope to squash the ease of access to illegal drugs.

I accept your apology.  We can now agree I never said a wall will stop drugs.  Thank you Sho!
A simple yes...you are going to play the semantic game, ignore the context of the discussion and the other questions mentioned to keep trotting out the same bs...that would have sufficed.

Care to address the actual post?

Yeah, that's been done several times over.  Sorry.  Your guy is a big ole racist.

Maybe one day we'll start a thread so people can see all the evidence in one place.  Not you, of course- you'll presumably ignore it, just as you've completely ignored all the evidence already presented in this thread. But hopefully other people.
Wrong, it appears I am one of the only ones here paying attention.

A simple yes...you are going to play the semantic game, ignore the context of the discussion and the other questions mentioned to keep trotting out the same bs...that would have sufficed.

Care to address the actual post?
Sure, a wall will help ease the access of illegal drugs.

See...again, this is where its hard to take you seriously...you claim you have been paying attention...you earlier called people that believed something ignorant...then you trot out this that goes against the facts of the actual movement of illegal drugs into this country.

Why do you believe it will ease the access of illegal drugs?

Trump may lack empathy but he isn't a racist.
Ahem ...

President Trump grew frustrated with lawmakers Thursday in the Oval Office when they discussed protecting immigrants from Haiti, El Salvador and African countries as part of a bipartisan immigration deal, according to several people briefed on the meeting.

"Why are we having all these people from ####hole countries come here?" Trump said, according to these people, referring to countries mentioned by the lawmakers.

Trump then suggested that the United States should instead bring more people from countries such as Norway, whose prime minister he met with Wednesday. The president, according to a White House official, also suggested he would be open to more immigrants from Asian countries because he felt that they help the United States economically.

In addition, the president singled out Haiti, telling lawmakers that immigrants from that country must be left out of any deal, these people said.

"Why do we need more Haitians?" Trump said, according to people familiar with the meeting. "Take them out." 
Go ahead, give me the non-racist explanation for asserting that all the people from the entire African continent (which again ranges from one of the largest cities on earth to the most remote tribal populations and includes people of every educational and socioeconomic background you can imagine) are undesirable, as are the largely Hispanic populations of Haiti and El Salvador, while people from Norway are de facto desirable.

For that matter, give me the non-racist explanation for lumping the entire diverse continent of Africa together in the first place.

Remember, we're not talking about moving there, so averages and statistics are meaningless . We're talking about immigration policy.  That means individual people who will still have to qualify for immigration and have to undergo substantial vetting. Broad generalizations are meaningless in this context.

I eagerly await your response, GB.  Then we can move on to the other 999 examples.

By how much?  Will it actually be more beneficial than costly?  Not only will it not prevent a significant amount of drugs entering the US but the wall is going to have a negative impact on wildlife.  Don't forget people's land that will be taken away.

By how much?  Will it actually be more beneficial than costly?  Not only will it not prevent a significant amount of drugs entering the US but the wall is going to have a negative impact on wildlife.  Don't forget people's land that will be taken away.
I am fine debating if is worth the cost, at least you acknowledge it will likely reduce the flow of illegal drugs.

I am fine debating if is worth the cost, at least you acknowledge it will likely reduce the flow of illegal drugs.
I'm sure it will have some affect on it.  I won't increase the flow.  It's either going to stay close to the same or it's going to go down some.  I seriously doubt it goes down drastically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread