What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MAGA hats/clothing plus politically related apparel discussion thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone who can support this train wreck of a president (intel chiefs were misquoted with fake news from live questions and answers?) enough to wear one of his ridiculous hats tells me that the hat wearer clearly supports Trump for reasons other than he's what's best for our country.  He's such a no clue embarrassment that we'll look back on this time in our history with shame.  He's historically incompetent and unfit in every way. 

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/why-i-wear-a-maga-hat-these-days-and-i-didnt-start-out-as-a-trump-fan

Why I wear a MAGA hat these days (and I didn't start out as a Trump fan)

[...]

So I voted for President Trump, and he has upheld his pro-life promises. I now believe that he will go down in history as the president who did the most to advance the cause of ending legal abortion.

However, I hadn’t become a Trump apologist, and I never owned or wore a Make America Great Again (MAGA) hat. In fact, I snickered (too many times to count) about how kitschy they are, with that horribly plain front. I didn’t see the appeal.

Well, I do now. 

Make America Great Again has nothing to do with slavery or race. The MAGA hat is not the equivalent of a Confederate flag. It has become popular for one reason and one reason only: The political left hates it almost as much as they hate Donald Trump. It’s become the symbol of his presidency.

The left’s outrage for this simple headgear is almost funny. Aren’t they the ones proudly sporting pink #####hats and the dreary Handmaid’s Tale garb? Maybe they’re angry that they don’t have a monopoly on fashion as a political statement.

The hats are meant to harken Americans back to better days – not the dark days of slavery and segregation, but days when lawmakers actually got along and compromised; when Democrats were actually allowed to be pro-life; when Americans didn’t check their neighbors’ political affiliation on Facebook before deciding if they could be friends. 

And this week, I’m purchasing my MAGA hat, and I plan to wear it proudly.

Why? 

Because of what happened to Nicholas Sandmann – the high school junior who wore it at the March for Life and became the innocent target of a national media circus. Because babies can now be legally killed in New York up until the moment of birth. And because to celebrate this “victory for human rights,” the Catholic Governor of that state, Andrew Cuomo, had New York City’s iconic buildings lit up in pink, including One World Trade Center.

Think about that – a building created in remembrance of the horror and destruction and death of 9/11 was crudely lit up to celebrate an expanded legal “right” to end a life. Did Gov. Cuomo ever stop to consider that pregnant mothers and their pre-born children died together on September 11, 2001 and are now memorialized in a museum on that hallowed ground?

I recently published a column in USA Today. Editors spent hours fact checking it to ensure that my message was completely verified. But this week, I read a USA Today column arguing that the entire state of Kentucky – the governor and esteemed Senator Mitch McConnell included – is racist. And I wonder, how did they fact check that?

So congrats mainstream media and liberal establishment – you’ve radicalized yet another American. I’m going to wear my MAGA hat, not because I think one race is inferior to another, and not because I think Donald Trump is the savior of our nation. I’m going to wear it because I want to stand against those who think they get to decide what matters for all of us.

You wear your pink hat, and I’ll sport the red one, because the mainstream media and culture don’t get to tell me what to believe.

Anyone who can support this train wreck of a president (intel chiefs were misquoted with fake news from live questions and answers?) enough to wear one of his ridiculous hats tells me that the hat wearer clearly supports Trump for reasons other than he's what's best for our country.  He's such a no clue embarrassment that we'll look back on this time in our history with shame.  He's historically incompetent and unfit in every way. 
That is a vile calumny . Trump is historically incompetent, unfit, AND corrupt, along with being a traitor. 40% of the people in this country are totally devoted to him.

My problem is my friends, neighbors and worst of all relation adore Trump. They suck up all the conservative fake news, many with irrational ideas. One guy told me last week that they should just shoot everybody that tries to cross the border. 
I know someone who said that a decade ago and obviously it was stupid then and is stupid now. But that sentiment existed long before Trump. As for myself having worked extensively in inner cities and with legal immigrants, my experience and knowledge tells me that what the "Left" wants for undocumented immigrants is totally irrational. It is creating a fiscal and criminal disaster in this country and I saw it with my own eyes, this encouragement for people to cross the border ends for a lot of them holed up 10-12 people in a 1 bedroom apartment, children trafficked, men selling drugs, women prostituting. The government simply cannot afford to keep up. The cartels are entrenched here and I think they should be taken out also before wanting to bring more people in they can use.

I did not vote for Trump and I'm not a fan but if he somehow did manage to secure the border I think it would be a great thing for people on both sides. 

When this country has thousands of American homeless children and a rising suicide rate and dropping life expectancy, plus an insane world record debt, it seems irresponsible for everyone to take on more risk and financial liability.

But that's just me.

Last edited by a moderator:
And being a tall white guy working a city that is primarily non-white was never an issue, until this past summer a guy just driving down the street slowed down and yelled "#### you you white #####!". I defintely think this was related to the Trump hoopla. I heard it direct from some of my Puerto Rican co workers that they now hate white people because of Trump. One guy was so triggered everyday about Trump he couldn't function and lost his job. So somehow some liberals are openly racist towards me and other "white people" now and feel justified because of Trump's action. That doesn't compute for me and not a good way to get people to your side.

And being a tall white guy working a city that is primarily non-white was never an issue, until this past summer a guy just driving down the street slowed down and yelled "#### you you white #####!". I defintely think this was related to the Trump hoopla. I heard it direct from some of my Puerto Rican co workers that they now hate white people because of Trump. One guy was so triggered everyday about Trump he couldn't function and lost his job. So somehow some liberals are openly racist towards me and other "white people" now and feel justified because of Trump's action. That doesn't compute for me and not a good way to get people to your side.
What :lmao:

LOL I worked in a warehouse that was 95% Puerto Rican people and I needed the job so I couldn't complain. Some co workers were open that they hate white people now. One guy stared me down for minutes without saying a word first time he saw me. Apparently he had just got out of jail and was surprised to see a white guy who was friendly with other Puerto Ricans.

LOL I worked in a warehouse that was 95% Puerto Rican people and I needed the job so I couldn't complain. Some co workers were open that they hate white people now. One guy stared me down for minutes without saying a word first time he saw me. Apparently he had just got out of jail and was surprised to see a white guy who was friendly with other Puerto Ricans.
That's unfortunate. So their reaction was because of the Trump phenomenon?

That's unfortunate. So their reaction was because of the Trump phenomenon?
I can't speak for all of them but yes some directly attributed their current attitude towards every white person to how they felt about the President.

That's a bummer.
I had to work closely with one of the biggest Trump haters there. He started everyday scouring the internet for the latest thing Trump had done that pissed him off. He was stressed everyday about Trump. He started drinking more and being more combatitive with everyone over irrational things. He then began missing work weekly and was fired. Had been at the job over 3 years.

I learned a lot from the experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
Best part: it was an Israeli company and my boss was born and raised in Israel, told me he drew swastikas on his front door as a child because he thought they looked cool. LOL. I guess the Israeli police gave his Dad a real hard time about that. 

My problem is my friends, neighbors and worst of all relation adore Trump. They suck up all the conservative fake news, many with irrational ideas. One guy told me last week that they should just shoot everybody that tries to cross the border. 
Yep. Lots of these people. A guy I know (if you go to the gun argument thread, it's the same guy that would shoot law enforcement if anyone confiscates his guns) said we should make our border a minefield. This is straight face stuff, he isn't joking for a second. He also said we should build the wall and put remote controlled (like how drones work he said) guns on the wall and shoot anyone that tries to cross. I didn't get if this was 2 separate designs or if he wants the wall/guns AND minefield, but I didn't want to ask. This is a gainfully employed person who isn't an idiot. He is a tradesman that makes at least 80+. There are plenty of these types crawling around and they aren't all people at the bottom of our socioeconomic scale. This guy is in his 50s and could retire now. Luckily I haven't run across anyone my age that has his opinion. Maybe it gets developed over time?

Yep. Lots of these people. A guy I know (if you go to the gun argument thread, it's the same guy that would shoot law enforcement if anyone confiscates his guns) said we should make our border a minefield. This is straight face stuff, he isn't joking for a second. He also said we should build the wall and put remote controlled (like how drones work he said) guns on the wall and shoot anyone that tries to cross. I didn't get if this was 2 separate designs or if he wants the wall/guns AND minefield, but I didn't want to ask. This is a gainfully employed person who isn't an idiot. He is a tradesman that makes at least 80+. There are plenty of these types crawling around and they aren't all people at the bottom of our socioeconomic scale. This guy is in his 50s and could retire now. Luckily I haven't run across anyone my age that has his opinion. Maybe it gets developed over time?
Has anyone attempted to murder you for being white or an American? I know some people like the one you speak of and many of them were raised by people who were shot at and saw there friends get killed for being American. I think that's where it comes from.

If my friend repeats his idea of shooting those who cross the border illegally I am prepared to ask him if he wants the job of shooting those who cross the border including the children who are carried across the border by their parents, including the girls who are kidnapped as Trump claims for sex trafficking.

Has anyone attempted to murder you for being white or an American? I know some people like the one you speak of and many of them were raised by people who were shot at and saw there friends get killed for being American. I think that's where it comes from.
I think it comes from being a jerk racist.

I think it comes from being a jerk racist.
Ok, you ignored my question, but I did provide you an answer that when someone attempts to kill you for being American, or white, it may turn you into a jerk racist, not saying it should, but it happens.

Ok, you ignored my question, but I did provide you an answer that when someone attempts to kill you for being American, or white, it may turn you into a jerk racist, not saying it should, but it happens.
The answer is probably yes, but I prefer to not get into the details.

dotman said:
I had to work closely with one of the biggest Trump haters there. He started everyday scouring the internet for the latest thing Trump had done that pissed him off. He was stressed everyday about Trump. He started drinking more and being more combatitive with everyone over irrational things. He then began missing work weekly and was fired. Had been at the job over 3 years.

I learned a lot from the experience.
Did you find out his FBG screen name?

dotman said:
Dedfin said:
Someone attempted to kill me once because I was a Chevy owner. I've hated Ford owners ever since, with good reason.

We are going to build a big beautiful wall and Mexico is going to pay for it

We only need a wall on a portion  of the border for 5.7 billion and I will proudly shutdown the government until we get it.

The wall is already being built as we speak and we just need to finish it.

I will sign the bill that gives us 1.375 billion for the wall and can find up to 23 billion from other programs to build the wall.

MAGA hat = symbol of a doorknob that can be easily conned. Hope you all wear them proudly. 

An investigation by the Diocese into the incident that occurred at the Lincoln Memorial between Covington HS students and a Native American has found no proof that the Covington Catholic boys said "Offensive or racist statements" to Nathan Phillips and:

“Taking everything into account, our students were placed in a situation that was at once bizarre and even threatening. Their reaction to the situation was, given the circumstances, expected and one might even say laudatory.”

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1095759570172035073 (copy of statement by Bishop Foys at link).

:mellow:  

Their behavior was laudatory?

"The civil lawsuit, which was filed on Tuesday by lawyers Todd McMurtry and Lin Wood, seeks $250 million in both compensatory and punitive damages, according to a statement from law firm Hemmer DeFrank Wessels. “This is only the beginning,” it said."

Two observations from this quote,

(1) $250 million is "only the beginning".  You get 'em Kid!

(2) Hammer, DeFrank, and Weasels is a great law firm name.

So you are voting against Trump next time then?  I mean, if you want to hold fake news accountable.

Id also ask you to post what WaPo posted that was wrong, fake, or worth 250 million? 
I'm waiting for that too, but not with bated breath.  :coffee:

Go get them Nick? :rolleyes:

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump 2h2 hours ago

“The Washington Post ignored basic journalistic standards because it wanted to advance its well-known and easily documented biased agenda against President Donald J. Trump.” Covington student suing WAPO. Go get them Nick. Fake News!

I'm waiting for that too, but not with bated breath.  :coffee:
Ruined the child’s life. He was called a racist by every loony left leaning troll in the country.  The Post and other propagandists pushed a false narrative in an effort to destroy and discredit a pro-American movement.  I could go on for hours, but I will just defer to our President.  

Ruined the child’s life. He was called a racist by every loony left leaning troll in the country.  The Post and other propagandists pushed a false narrative in an effort to destroy and discredit a pro-American movement.  I could go on for hours, but I will just defer to our President.  
What exactly did the Post print about the kid?  Surely you can provide a quote or two.

What exactly did the Post print about the kid?  Surely you can provide a quote or two.
I am not sure exactly what was defamatory . IIRC the WaPo was just posting the original videos that surfaced, they did not start the story and was carrying the reaction of people on Twitter. They later updated the coverage when the longer video links surfaced. This smirking, smug entitled teen would probably have a better case bring an action against Twitter (although he would lose that too like he will this frivolous suit).

I am not sure exactly what was defamatory . IIRC the WaPo was just posting the original videos that surfaced, they did not start the story and was carrying the reaction of people on Twitter. They later updated the coverage when the longer video links surfaced. This smirking, smug entitled teen would probably have a better case bring an action against Twitter (although he would lose that too like he will this frivolous suit).
One headline was “Teens mock Native American Elder”.  When you click on the story the headline changes to different accounts of what happened. The Post also did a drive by article on the high school.  They rushed to judge and push the story based on a few minutes of video.  Shoddy reporting from a source with an agenda.  It will be great if someone makes them pay up.  

“Smirking, smug, entitled teen”.   :lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread