Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

MTV's The Challenge (and other reality shows)


Recommended Posts

Hopefully they don't re-air alot of the introduction show from last night.  Not sure why they don't just make it episode 1 lol.  Seems like a bunch of rookies, especially on the female side, but it's probably similar to other seasons.  Champ took this one off so everyone has a good shot 😉.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Leroy "This is my last one". LOL ok bud. That they aired that comment does make me wonder if he wins it though :lol:  I personally can't see it as he's never made any relationships in a decade except for with Banana's backside.

CT doing these at 40 is pretty impressive. I think Mark Long was 75 on his last challenge though :lol: 

Though he stands no chance anymore, I still root for Wes to win again.

I can't see any of the women beating Lolo in anything physical. Maybe get lucky with a puzzle or she spazzes out and clocks someone. Female side looks really weak overall. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Fessy ####ed out going in. Was obviously a physical one. Now he made an enemy. 

And I thinks the house bout to flip on him/Cam/Leroy :lol: Next move I'd make if given the opportunity is Fessy vs. Leroy in an elimination. Wouldn't be surprised if we saw Kam get put in vs. Lolo/strong woman next.

And crybaby Josh saying he'd beat CT down. :lmao: JFC. This goof can't even go a challenge w/o crying his eyes out anyway.

Edited by Craig_MiamiFL
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bobcat10 said:

Gotta be a twist up somewhere down the line or some people aren't even going to get to play for a skull.  Maybe that's what they want after reviewing last season.  Really not sure what Fess was thinking last night.  

Yeah I don’t get why people aren’t volunteering to get to in when you only have 5 guys and  5 girls making the final.  Now there’s only 8 spots left.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fessy not going in there is one of the biggest coward moves in challenge history.

Didn't the guy say in the episode yesterday if he saw a pole in there he was going in? Yet there was clearly a ring in the middle there before he made his decision. Like it was clearly a physical game......against a weak rookie. 

Pretty crazy he didn't go in there. Not like he didn't go through the same type format last season or anything.. 

Now he lost #s...likely a bunch now that he flipped on Kyle. King Wes gets at least 2 more episodes :excited:

Loved that Kyle picked Kam. I'd LOVE to see Kyle going after her and Leroy. (ie punt next woman challenge day...so Kam don't win and help someone like WES win the daily challenge). And he throws Kam in against Lolo etc....

Leroys got a pretty big chip on his shoulder for someone that's not won a single thing after a decade on the show. And he's cast every season 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bobcat10 said:

Gotta be a twist up somewhere down the line or some people aren't even going to get to play for a skull.  Maybe that's what they want after reviewing last season.  Really not sure what Fess was thinking last night.  

I’m guessing that it will end up that you can steal a skull from someone who already has one if you beat them in the pit.  There will come a point where all 10 are owned with a bunch of people still in the game.  Then the people with the skulls need to figure out how to keep it until all but 10 people are eliminated. 
 

And yes Fessy was a moron last night.  He would’ve just carried that guy around the ring like CT did to Bananas long ago and became a meme legend. Nobody would’ve touched him moving forward then. Big opportunity missed. 

Edited by offdee
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, offdee said:

I’m guessing that it will end up that you can steal a skull from someone who already has one if you beat them in the pit.  There will come a point where all 10 are owned with a bunch of people still in the game.  Then the people with the skulls need to figure out how to keep it until all but 10 people are eliminated. 
 

And yes Fessy was a moron last night.  He would’ve just carried that guy around the ring like CT did to Bananas long ago and became a meme legend. Nobody would’ve touched him moving forward then. Big opportunity missed. 

TJ basically said this in the beginning.  He said having a skull will make you a target later on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bcdjr1 said:

TJ basically said this in the beginning.  He said having a skull will make you a target later on.

Ah I must’ve missed that. Then that’s why Fessy probably didn’t go in this early, if he knows that.  Getting a skull now means you’ll likely have to go in and defend it again later, versus letting the game play itself out longer and just going in later to steal it from someone.   But reality with Fessy is once he has it, odds of someone choosing him to try and steal it from later is unlikely as they probably choose someone smaller (unless it’s a puzzle). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

How do they not have second or replay episodes? Couldn't squeeze it in on either MTV or MTV2? Ridiculousness must be crushing ratings. Unfortunately this is just low enough on the priority scale that the DVR skips it for other shows.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pretty smart move by Kyle letting Josh get the 5th and final skull vs. Mitchie/Micky (rather than CT/Cory/Darrell). 

Those men w/o skull will go after Josh/Devin before Kyle IMO.

One of these days I want TJ to say to the losing elimination competitor "we won't see you back in the future". This Mitchie fool didn't want to go in even though announced is 5th/final skull.....like just leave the show already. Everyone else w/o skull looking at that fool like "WTF dude" when Mitchie said he didn't want to go in during deliberation. If you didn't want to go in now, then you never wanted to go in. And he added zero entertainment/watchability factor. 

You might be able to watch the show through MTV app through your TV provider now/2mrw on demand.

--------------

Unrelated note but I read they're having an "old school" season next season. Mark Long I believe will be out there with his walker :headbang:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

:lmao: Crybaby Josh cries after winning his first elimination in 19 seasons :lmao: 

You beat Mitchie Micky WTF his name is that didn't belong on this show. :lmao: And looked like a layup winning that debacle.

One of the worst Hulk spots I've ever seen in any form.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That final round was a rather stupid reveal and ruined the comp.  They should have just had Kam and CT face off on a search for the relic, maybe a miniature version of it, and whoever found it first wins.  Nothing physical.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Bobcat10 said:

That final round was a rather stupid reveal and ruined the comp.  They should have just had Kam and CT face off on a search for the relic, maybe a miniature version of it, and whoever found it first wins.  Nothing physical.

They were probably wanting to emphasize that having a bad partner can hurt you so there would be more drama around stealing partners after elimination rather than most people just staying with their partners.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ted Lange as your Bartender said:

Josh is the absolute worst.  Not funny, not interesting, cries all the time, carries himself like he’s this alpha-level “veteran” player when he’s done jack squat in like five seasons.  

Hey you beat Mechie who’s still trying to put that slider puzzle together- want a cookie?

Agreed on all accounts. What he was smart enough to do while he was on TV to act emotional (yelling/screaming/crying). It's what will keep him on TV at least another 5 years on MTV.

Why I want to TJ to tell rookies like Mitchie after they're eliminated "We won't see you in the future". I don't know why you'd go on a show like this, be a wall flower, not competitive, and think MTV will ever ask you to return.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/4/2021 at 12:10 AM, Craig_MiamiFL said:

Pretty smart move by Kyle letting Josh get the 5th and final skull vs. Mitchie/Micky (rather than CT/Cory/Darrell). 

Those men w/o skull will go after Josh/Devin before Kyle IMO.

One of these days I want TJ to say to the losing elimination competitor "we won't see you back in the future". This Mitchie fool didn't want to go in even though announced is 5th/final skull.....like just leave the show already. Everyone else w/o skull looking at that fool like "WTF dude" when Mitchie said he didn't want to go in during deliberation. If you didn't want to go in now, then you never wanted to go in. And he added zero entertainment/watchability factor. 

You might be able to watch the show through MTV app through your TV provider now/2mrw on demand.

--------------

Unrelated note but I read they're having an "old school" season next season. Mark Long I believe will be out there with his walker :headbang:

Guessing mechie didn’t want to go in because if he wins then everyone would target him every guys elimination.  He was probably waiting until late or when he sees non-physical challenge.  That was his only chance really. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, stlrams said:

Guessing mechie didn’t want to go in because if he wins then everyone would target him every guys elimination.  He was probably waiting until late or when he sees non-physical challenge.  That was his only chance really. 

You mean like a puzzle?   In his post elimination interview he said he didn't even know they made puzzles like that.  Who has never seen a slide puzzle.

 

I really hope Josh gets thrown in a physical elimination and it is a replay of Bananas becoming CT's backpack.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, UOFI_316 said:

You mean like a puzzle?   In his post elimination interview he said he didn't even know they made puzzles like that.  Who has never seen a slide puzzle.

 

I really hope Josh gets thrown in a physical elimination and it is a replay of Bananas becoming CT's backpack.

Yeah he was clueless to say the least.  I laughed when he told TJ that he was trying and still couldn’t figure out slide puzzle. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Cory screw himself by encouraging partner to volunteer so now as rouge agent he is not eligible to go down on a guys weeks. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was so confused listening to Lolo whining about Nam and their "relationship". Every sentence made it sound like they were dating. I know early on she talked about being into him but they're not actually together right and she's just a crazy person?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Josh screwing up that challenge was why he will always be invited back.  He just made a bonehead choice, it at least looked like Devin's rope was swinging away from him.

LOL, Lolo "My boot came off so I had more drag and that is why we didn't win..." You were swimming backstroke and going the wrong way.

I am really hoping that the "security breach" is that Devin and person with the next most votes, Josh, is sent down, and then somehow CT gets to play the winner or something.  But odds are it is just Ashley coming back.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, UOFI_316 said:

But odds are it is just Ashley coming back.

Yep that's my guess too. A woman coming back with Lolo gone.

I'd be surprised if it were Ashley. Hopefully it's a top notch competitor like Queen Amber coming back. That'd be a game changer :unsure: 

The women left are just sad AF. Kam may actually win this. May be missing someone but besides Kaycie, who else is left worth AF on the women's side?

I'm surprised Lolo and Nam didn't win a daily challenge. I have no idea what "American Beast" is (supposedly the show he was on. Presuming it's a physical show like Ninja Warrior or whatever that show's called)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

Yep that's my guess too. A woman coming back with Lolo gone.

I'd be surprised if it were Ashley. Hopefully it's a top notch competitor like Queen Amber coming back. That'd be a game changer :unsure: 

The women left are just sad AF. Kam may actually win this. May be missing someone but besides Kaycie, who else is left worth AF on the women's side?

I'm surprised Lolo and Nam didn't win a daily challenge. I have no idea what "American Beast" is (supposedly the show he was on. Presuming it's a physical show like Ninja Warrior or whatever that show's called)

I decided to look it up, it was Ultimate Beast Master on Netflix.  I assumed he was a season winner, or at least someone who kept competing on the show and was a brand name on the show (like how every season of ANW has the same 10 guys who are always at the top of the leaderboard).  Turns out he was on one episode and came in second.  It looks like a Ninja Warrior type of obstacle course, starts with 10 or 12 people and then they eliminate some each round. Wonder how many people MTV had to ask before they made it to him.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

That was just so fitting last week.  Josh DQ'd screwing up the daily like a bonehead.  Devin giving him hell on shore.  Devin then being DQ'd in similar fashion.  Then both of them sent down for a double elimination and both going home.  Would be hard to even script.  The Challenge gods were with us.

Devin deserved it too after pressuring Gabby to not take her shot when it was a layup 2 weeks ago.  It was totally obvious that was going to be a female elimination.  The outcomes mostly would have benefited him too, but he's just a ##### at the end of the day.

I know CT and BT were a little toasted, and I think MTV purposely edited the "apology" segment a little strangely, but the outcome is still just so wild to me.  I can be stubborn as well....but after BT literally spelled out that she was only upset about how CT vocalized the partner swap, not why CT did it, the stage was perfectly set for him to weasel out of the situation and he bombed it.  Agree with her, apologize 10 times, act humble, etc....c'mon CT that was a softball tossed at you....

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think this happened in a previous season, but does MTV not understand oder of operations for math?  Leroy and Kaycee's problem was 319x6+706/2.  They were able to use 1310 instead of 3326, and the graphics on screen did it step by step with them.  I would be furious if I lost because I was doing math correclty but they let someone do it wrong.

  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am assuming there is going to be some twist for the finals where the partners all get switched up somehow.  They have shown too many times people talking about not wanting to be with someone because they could slow them down in the finals.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

Get out your wheelchairs and walkers.....

....Challenge: "All Stars" episode 1 out on Paramount+. 

A lot of these competitors haven't been on a challenge in 15+ years :lol: . Debatable if many of them are "All Stars"

Mark, from the 1st road rules, looks like King Kong thou..how does one get paramount+?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/2/2021 at 4:21 AM, stlrams said:

Mark, from the 1st road rules, looks like King Kong thou..how does one get paramount+?

https://www.paramountplus.com/home/

Mark definitely still on the gas for whatever reason. Given the ages of most of these people, it'll be interesting how they fare in these challenges. If first challenge was any indication, they're putting them through similar rigorous challenges as the early 20-30s every season competitors.......and well, it'll didn't go well. :lol: You wanted to see Mark/Derrick K/Alton just destroy the other team......and it didn't happen & realize these guys are 30s/40s or maybe even 50s in Mark Long's case and haven't competed in these in probably a decade.

I believe get free month free with paramount+ plus check your CC for cash back deals (I think mine is like $4 back). Went with the $9.99 commercial free option and watching old seasons of Real World/Challenge. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

https://www.paramountplus.com/home/

Mark definitely still on the gas for whatever reason. Given the ages of most of these people, it'll be interesting how they fare in these challenges. If first challenge was any indication, they're putting them through similar rigorous challenges as the early 20-30s every season competitors.......and well, it'll didn't go well. :lol: You wanted to see Mark/Derrick K/Alton just destroy the other team......and it didn't happen & realize these guys are 30s/40s or maybe even 50s in Mark Long's case and haven't competed in these in probably a decade.

I believe get free month free with paramount+ plus check your CC for cash back deals (I think mine is like $4 back). Went with the $9.99 commercial free option and watching old seasons of Real World/Challenge. 

I think Derrick is the toughest dude ever in challenge history.  That one challenge where you rip the stick from their guy and was competing against a much bigger dude was awesome?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, stlrams said:

I think Derrick is the toughest dude ever in challenge history.  That one challenge where you rip the stick from their guy and was competing against a much bigger dude was awesome?

Yep. Pound for pound probably the best.

He was probably giving up 75+ pounds to that juiced up other guy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Damn this thread has fallen off.

And last night was crystal clear that the producers are rigging it. Hall brawl and fessy. Come on now.

Also how did dummy Leroy not see that the last person coming out of the crater was either stealing Kam or Kacey. He has played a good game so far but man is he dumb. The look on his face as he was processing fessy telling him he was going to steal Kasey was priceless. Its like it never occured to him that it could happen

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Amazing they let Fessy dictate everything and now he's got the best woman competitor.

BTW HTF Did Leroy/Kassie pass Nany/Kyle so quickly being after them in the lift thing. Not really a great sign for Nany that she's so poor and easily beatable in a distance run. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think there's a non zero chance that Kaycee took a dive with her attempts at math. If they won, like they did with damn near everything else, she wouldn't be able to get poached by Fessy. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, stlrams said:

Ct and amber taking the win tonight?.

One would think but I would bet anything they rig it for Leroy to win.  The key is in his interviews, which are filmed after the fact, that he keeps saying he is retiring.  My guess is they mess with CT and Amber to let leroy get the lead.  I mean they have already won 4 of the challenges and not that far ahead which tells me some shenanigans are getting ready to happen

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, pantherclub said:

One would think but I would bet anything they rig it for Leroy to win.  The key is in his interviews, which are filmed after the fact, that he keeps saying he is retiring.  My guess is they mess with CT and Amber to let leroy get the lead.  I mean they have already won 4 of the challenges and not that far ahead which tells me some shenanigans are getting ready to happen

Stay away from the casinos

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

CT still killing it at 40. Amber did great with the running. 

Garbage man Leroy will be back another 10 years of challenges. And still winless 

Yeah ct struck gold when he got the girl that can run like the wind. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

And FFS did they ever play up and manufacture the Kaycee/Fessy sheet for the cameras. Little...errr, a lot...overboard there guys.

It was also clearly done at a completely different time than how they showed it on the episode. As they were cutting between those two and the rest doing the kayak puzzle, you could see that there were only three puzzle setups because Fessy/Kaycee had already been eliminated. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

TJ: Fessy do you want to continue

Fessy: :unsure:

TJ: Fessy do you want to continue

Fessy: Yes and then sits there

TJ: Fessy do you want to continue

Fessy: :oldunsure:

TJ as Kaycee is finishing off hers and Fessys share of food: You guys are done

Kaycee: oh, OK, yeah

  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, pantherclub said:

One would think but I would bet anything they rig it for Leroy to win.  The key is in his interviews, which are filmed after the fact, that he keeps saying he is retiring.  My guess is they mess with CT and Amber to let leroy get the lead.  I mean they have already won 4 of the challenges and not that far ahead which tells me some shenanigans are getting ready to happen

Almost what it seemed like.  After CT and Amber finished each check point first, and gott to the cave way ahead of everyone else (and seemingly answered their math question faster), their only "advantage" on the last day was a few minute head start.

 

Loved that everyone knew exactly what Fessy was going to say.  "Well I got eliminated because my partner blew out her knee..." 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
  • Create New...