Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

MTV's The Challenge (and other reality shows)


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes, I know I'm not in the demographics intended for this show.  But it's been my guilty pleasure for about 20 years now.   I see the new season starts February 6th.  Stoked. Who's with me? 

Did you almost throw up (like I did) when they were walking around the house saying "we can have sex there...and there...and there...and there...."? What in the hell happened in that girl's life

I've think I've said it in here before, but it is unreal how unlikable and miserable Cara Maria is now.  I remember a few years back on one of the end of season wrap-up shows, other cast members were

yep that was a pretty awesome episode.  Laurel with a tiny bit of a screw job there in that challenge.   TJ should have noticed she missed that one way at the bottom and not blown the game dead. It was hilarious though watching Laurels celly after she thought she won lol

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I went back and rewatched the elimination, and it definitely looks like Laurel put the last branch in a hole, but the hole was at the top and was facing up instead of out like the rest. I think she has a gripe if that's the case. 

I actually think Ninja is super annoying and was ready to be glad she was gone.

my wife and I were commenting that there are just a bunch of unlikeable or at least annoying people this season. even the people that I used to like, like Cara Maria, are insufferable. it's pretty sad to think that Kyle is one of my favorites now.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Maik Jeaunz said:

I went back and rewatched the elimination, and it definitely looks like Laurel put the last branch in a hole, but the hole was at the top and was facing up instead of out like the rest. I think she has a gripe if that's the case. 

I actually think Ninja is super annoying and was ready to be glad she was gone.

my wife and I were commenting that there are just a bunch of unlikeable or at least annoying people this season. even the people that I used to like, like Cara Maria, are insufferable. it's pretty sad to think that Kyle is one of my favorites now.

 CT is still likable at least. Cara Maria and Paulie are just terrible pouters. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Maik Jeaunz said:

I went back and rewatched the elimination, and it definitely looks like Laurel put the last branch in a hole, but the hole was at the top and was facing up instead of out like the rest. I think she has a gripe if that's the case. 

I actually think Ninja is super annoying and was ready to be glad she was gone.

my wife and I were commenting that there are just a bunch of unlikeable or at least annoying people this season. even the people that I used to like, like Cara Maria, are insufferable. it's pretty sad to think that Kyle is one of my favorites now.

Yea there was a pic online of that top hole with her branch in it.  It was just like the rest but in a spot only laurel could get at because she is huge. 

Agreed on the annoying people, they always get all the airtime too.  There has been less Jordan at least lately.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Usually the competitors get more tolerable as they get older. Lauren is an exception. She's only gotten worse.Glad her and her notebook were sent packing. That notebook worked out well. :lmao: 

Ninja was annoying when she went off on Turbo and how she acted afterwards but other than that I've found her pretty tame. And she wanted to face one of the best women competitors. She's not a freeloader like Nany and a host of other women. Nany is the new Paula :lol: Expects to freeload til the end.

Not reading any spoilers this season. Odds are slim but hoping CT wins. Imagine their will be a twist at the end or something with the UK/US theme.

Agree the cast is full of so many unlikable people. So unlikable that it makes someone like ####### Zack be more likable. They really need to stop trying to make  this Josh guy something. No clue where he even came from. Guy seems so slow mentally and so uninteresting.

Edited by Craig_MiamiFL
Link to post
Share on other sites

That was the greatest episode I've ever watched.  Hands down.  So good.  Seeing Laurel go into her celebration and turning into a man in slow mo only then to find out she lost was AWESOME!

I'm surprised you guys are saying so many unlikable people.  I like Ninja.  I think she's great.  And I really like most of the cast.  I hated Kyle at first, but he's becoming my favorite.  Him talking about how he was pissed at CT but that's fine because he's afraid of him. :lol:  Not to mention, he made up the Wes alliance that got this whole thing started in that episode.  That was brilliant.  

A couple things:

1) Josh complaining about the team falling apart is hysterical.  He caused this whole thing by throwing in his own teammate.  And now he's like, "I don't know if I can trust this person..."  Moron.

2) I agree, I don't get why Laurel thought throwing the challenge was a good idea.  Made zero sense.  She's considered one of the greatest women to ever play.  I would have thrown her in against Ninja 100 times out of 100.

3) How dumb is Ashley?  She turned on her friends and then was like, "I'm sure they'll understand.  Hope they aren't mad."  Of course they will be.  And Ashley is one of those people who talks a big game, but as soon as something is said to her, she has a breakdown and quits.  She was right about Laurel, and I kind of understood her reasoning, but she pulled her temper tantrum there just like she normally does.  I suspect she'll have a meltdown next episode when her "friends" turn on her for turning on them.

4) When are the sit down interviews done?  In Laurel's interviews, she kept saying things like, "You're supposed to be the record holder?  Well I beat you to the top.  I'm not a sore winner, you started it."  And I'm only using this as an example, because it happens all of the time.  In older episodes, you could look at their eyes in the interviews and if they were red from crying, you could tell who won before it even started.  But I haven't noticed that in a very long time.  

Great season so far.  Loving the 90 minute episodes.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Laurel and Bananas threw the challenge because they wanted to get rid of the people on Team US who Kyle told Laurel were working with Wes. They wanted to get rid of them before they could get rid of Laurel and Bananas. If Team UK won the Challenge, Team US would have to vote someone into elimination and L&B knew they could get the votes to send in one of the people working with Wes (Ninja). If Team US had won, L&B would have to try to get control of the tribunal in order to be able to vote in one of Wes’s allies.

As has been pointed out, Bananas never has been about Team US winning, just himself winning. He thinks that team wins are meaningless to his ultimate goal, so he has no problem throwing challenges, especially if it helps him eliminate his opposition.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bcdjr1 said:

Laurel and Bananas threw the challenge because they wanted to get rid of the people on Team US who Kyle told Laurel were working with Wes. They wanted to get rid of them before they could get rid of Laurel and Bananas. If Team UK won the Challenge, Team US would have to vote someone into elimination and L&B knew they could get the votes to send in one of the people working with Wes (Ninja). If Team US had won, L&B would have to try to get control of the tribunal in order to be able to vote in one of Wes’s allies.

As has been pointed out, Bananas never has been about Team US winning, just himself winning. He thinks that team wins are meaningless to his ultimate goal, so he has no problem throwing challenges, especially if it helps him eliminate his opposition.

I get that.  What I'm saying is that the UK gets to choose the second competitor.  So for Laurel, there was always a good chance no matter what that the UK would be throwing her into the challenge at the end.  If they don't throw it, she's almost 100% certain to live to see another day.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not through the whole podcast, but listened to the start of it on my ride into work and Ninja pointed out something that I thought I saw but wasn't sure because of how Laurel was talking in her interview:  Ninja made it to the top 30 seconds before Laurel.  So Laurel saying she beat her to the top was not true.

They also said that Laurel refused to do a restart because she was telling TJ the horn had blown and she had already won.  So Ninja, after a couple of minutes, just darted up the tree and rang the bell figuring she had nothing to lose.

Craziest thing though was they said from the time Ninja rang the bell until they announced the winner, over an hour had passed as they deliberated what to do.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, TheIronSheik said:

I get that.  What I'm saying is that the UK gets to choose the second competitor.  So for Laurel, there was always a good chance no matter what that the UK would be throwing her into the challenge at the end.  If they don't throw it, she's almost 100% certain to live to see another day.

She was surprised that they picked her to go against Ninja. Even in the episode, most of Team UK was thinking that Cara was the one who should be picked. While Laurel said she doesn’t try to intimidate anyone, she knows she scares most of the girls. I don’t think she thought Dee would vote for her to go in against her best friend, much less that Ninja would’ve wanted Dee to send Laurel.

Also, I think Laurel didn’t think she could be beaten. I think she’s only ever lost 1 elimination before this.

Edited by bcdjr1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bcdjr1 said:

She was surprised that they picked her to go against Ninja. Even in the episode, most of Team UK was thinking that Cara was the one who should be picked. While Laurel said she doesn’t try to intimidate anyone, she knows she scares most of the girls. I don’t think she thought Dee would vote for her to go in against her best friend, much less that Ninja would’ve wanted Dee to send Laurel.

But that's stupid on her part.  If I have a chance to get through to the next round 100% or a chance to get through less than that, I'm taking option A every time.  It's just bad playing on her part.  She's worried that someone on her team MIGHT throw her in at some point.  So she puts herself in a position where the other team MIGHT throw her in now.  

This is how the UK players walked to the finals last season.  And it looks like they might get that chance again this season.  Paranoia is never a good game plan.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TheIronSheik said:

But that's stupid on her part.  If I have a chance to get through to the next round 100% or a chance to get through less than that, I'm taking option A every time.  It's just bad playing on her part.  She's worried that someone on her team MIGHT throw her in at some point.  So she puts herself in a position where the other team MIGHT throw her in now.  

This is how the UK players walked to the finals last season.  And it looks like they might get that chance again this season.  Paranoia is never a good game plan.

If Team US had won, Laurel couldn’t be on the tribunal since she was on the last one and she knew she’d upset enough people that she was almost certainly getting put in by her team. She thought Team UK wouldn’t.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, bcdjr1 said:

If Team US had won, Laurel couldn’t be on the tribunal since she was on the last one and she knew she’d upset enough people that she was almost certainly getting put in by her team. She thought Team UK wouldn’t.

Again, that's paranoia.  If team US had won, they could have easily picked a UK player.  The only people who were really talking about throwing in a US player were Bananas and Laurel.  The others were openly pleading to go after the UK team.  Again, Josh and Laurel started this all off by throwing in Wes.  Paranoia got her sent home.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Almost as good of an episode as Wes getting shown the door by his own team.

 

If Laurel really did put the last peg into a hole that looked the same as the other holes, then she ultimately got screwed in that regard.  If she didn't want to do a re-start, then that's on her.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheIronSheik said:

Not through the whole podcast, but listened to the start of it on my ride into work and Ninja pointed out something that I thought I saw but wasn't sure because of how Laurel was talking in her interview:  Ninja made it to the top 30 seconds before Laurel.  So Laurel saying she beat her to the top was not true.

Can you unpack this a little more?  Laurel rang her bell before Ninja, so how did Ninja beat her to the top?  I think I'm missing something here...

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Bobcat10 said:

Almost as good of an episode as Wes getting shown the door by his own team.

 

If Laurel really did put the last peg into a hole that looked the same as the other holes, then she ultimately got screwed in that regard.  If she didn't want to do a re-start, then that's on her.  

So Laurel placed that last peg in A hole.  But it wasn't a hole that looked like any of the other 20 holes they had been using.  She basically just saw an opening on the tree and placed it in there.  But apparently the rules stated that the holes would help them climb, so that's why when Ninja saw that hole she thought a) it didn't look like any other hole and b) it was above the bell and wouldn't help them climb.

7 minutes ago, Bobcat10 said:

Can you unpack this a little more?  Laurel rang her bell before Ninja, so how did Ninja beat her to the top?  I think I'm missing something here...

Yes, Laurel rang her bell first.  But that's because she put the rung in the non-hole and thought she was done.  Ninja got to the top and couldn't find a hole.  Since you only ring the bell after getting to the top AND placing all of your rungs, she had no reason to ring the bell.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, TheIronSheik said:

Yes, Laurel rang her bell first.  But that's because she put the rung in the non-hole and thought she was done.  Ninja got to the top and couldn't find a hole.  Since you only ring the bell after getting to the top AND placing all of your rungs, she had no reason to ring the bell.  

Yep.  Ninja sat at the top for a while searching for the final hole (which ultimately both her and Laurel missed way at the bottom)

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, TheIronSheik said:

So Laurel placed that last peg in A hole.  But it wasn't a hole that looked like any of the other 20 holes they had been using.  She basically just saw an opening on the tree and placed it in there.  But apparently the rules stated that the holes would help them climb, so that's why when Ninja saw that hole she thought a) it didn't look like any other hole and b) it was above the bell and wouldn't help them climb.

Yes, Laurel rang her bell first.  But that's because she put the rung in the non-hole and thought she was done.  Ninja got to the top and couldn't find a hole.  Since you only ring the bell after getting to the top AND placing all of your rungs, she had no reason to ring the bell.  

Ok...Mozzy and maybe others said the hole looked exactly the same.  If it looked totally different, then I agree Laurel did not get screwed.  If it looked the same, then I think she got screwed (somewhat).  

 

So, the who rang the bell first is a rather pointless argument between the ladies then.  You technically didn't need all 21 to get to the top, so we really don't know who would have done it fastest if the goal was just to get to the top fastest.  My money would have been on Laurel.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Bobcat10 said:

Ok...Mozzy and maybe others said the hole looked exactly the same.  If it looked totally different, then I agree Laurel did not get screwed.  If it looked the same, then I think she got screwed (somewhat).  

 

So, the who rang the bell first is a rather pointless argument between the ladies then.  You technically didn't need all 21 to get to the top, so we really don't know who would have done it fastest if the goal was just to get to the top fastest.  My money would have been on Laurel.  

You could get to the top without putting all 21 in, yes.  But they all had to be in to ring the bell.  Technically, Laurel only had 20 in when she rang the bell.  

And I'm just going off of what Ninja was saying on the podcast about the non-hole Laurel put her last one in.  I did not see it.  But she said that it did not look like the others which is why when she got to the top, she did not put it in that hole.  

She also said that even though TJ blew the horn, right after he did, he had a look on his face like he blew it prematurely.  She said a lot of set members all kind of had a look on their faces like they knew Laurel had missed a lower hole.  And that's why Ninja kept going on about it, which makes sense.  Because as we watched it, it seemed odd that Ninja kept harping on the issue.  She said as soon as she saw where Laurel had stuck the last rung, she knew it wasn't over because that wasn't the correct spot.

By the way, I don't think I've ever talked this much about two women and used the phrase "stuck it in the hole" more in my life. 

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheIronSheik said:

You could get to the top without putting all 21 in, yes.  But they all had to be in to ring the bell.  Technically, Laurel only had 20 in when she rang the bell.  

And I'm just going off of what Ninja was saying on the podcast about the non-hole Laurel put her last one in.  I did not see it.  But she said that it did not look like the others which is why when she got to the top, she did not put it in that hole.  

She also said that even though TJ blew the horn, right after he did, he had a look on his face like he blew it prematurely.  She said a lot of set members all kind of had a look on their faces like they knew Laurel had missed a lower hole.  And that's why Ninja kept going on about it, which makes sense.  Because as we watched it, it seemed odd that Ninja kept harping on the issue.  She said as soon as she saw where Laurel had stuck the last rung, she knew it wasn't over because that wasn't the correct spot.

By the way, I don't think I've ever talked this much about two women and used the phrase "stuck it in the hole" more in my life. 

TJ had some odd body language going on I thought when he was booting laurel that he had kinda screwed up.  I mean Laurel came down and counted all her pegs and started her celly after that.   I could care less and thought it was funny.  That said I thought it should have been a redo, every other season if the horn blows the game is over period.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just rewatched at lunch.  Laurel got screwed.   Completely.  Tj blew the horn. That's on him and they should bring her back on general principle.   Low point in challenge history.  At the very least they should let them face off again because that was a total stupid way to end.  He blew the horn and didn't say anything.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

So as far as the redo, Ninja addressed two things.

1) Laurel did not want to do it and kept shooting down the redo saying she had already won so she wasn't going to try to win again.

2) Laurel's rung was at the top of the tree.  If they had done a redo, Laurel would have had to climb up and grab her rung, then climb back down.  Ninja would have only had to stick it in the hole from the floor.  There was no way they were going to do the entire event over.

Laurel didn't get screwed.  She essentially tried to win by using a loophole.  Unfortunately, that loophole was not a legitimate hole.  Ninja said that the rules stated that all rungs would help you climb, so a hole above the bell was obviously not correct.  And if the event was just to get to the top of the tree first, Ninja beat her to the top by 30 seconds.  

I'm guessing if the tables were turned and Ninja put it in the wrong hole, Laurel would not be saying "You know what guys?  We should just do this whole thing over again because it wasn't fair."  

As a reality star once screamed after she thought she won an event she did not: Suck it!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, mozzy84 said:

TJ had some odd body language going on I thought when he was booting laurel that he had kinda screwed up.  I mean Laurel came down and counted all her pegs and started her celly after that.   I could care less and thought it was funny.  That said I thought it should have been a redo, every other season if the horn blows the game is over period.

On the podcast, they actually brought up two examples where the horn blew but the results were changed after.  One with CT that didn't sound familiar, but my memory is fading.  And the other with someone who had to punch through panes of glass to get out of a box and when the horn blew, they noticed that the player who originally looked like they had won had an unbroken pane of glass still standing and DQ'd him.  That one sounds familiar, but can't say I remember that one either, I guess.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TheIronSheik said:

So as far as the redo, Ninja addressed two things.

1) Laurel did not want to do it and kept shooting down the redo saying she had already won so she wasn't going to try to win again.

2) Laurel's rung was at the top of the tree.  If they had done a redo, Laurel would have had to climb up and grab her rung, then climb back down.  Ninja would have only had to stick it in the hole from the floor.  There was no way they were going to do the entire event over.

Laurel didn't get screwed.  She essentially tried to win by using a loophole.  Unfortunately, that loophole was not a legitimate hole.  Ninja said that the rules stated that all rungs would help you climb, so a hole above the bell was obviously not correct.  And if the event was just to get to the top of the tree first, Ninja beat her to the top by 30 seconds.  

I'm guessing if the tables were turned and Ninja put it in the wrong hole, Laurel would not be saying "You know what guys?  We should just do this whole thing over again because it wasn't fair."  

As a reality star once screamed after she thought she won an event she did not: Suck it!

Tj blew the horn.  That's where she was screwed.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just rewatched the ending again.  Kinda leaning towards Laurel got screwed.  That hole looked like all the other holes to me, but I can't say for sure.  Can't set up a contest like that.  MTV screwed up and TJ screwed up blowing the horn. 

As soon as Laurel rang the bell, shouldn't TJ have said that's not correct (like it's a puzzle contest) and the contest would have  simply continued?  Instead, Laurel climbed all the way down, counted 21 rungs, and then TJ blew the horn.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, TheIronSheik said:

2) Laurel's rung was at the top of the tree.  If they had done a redo, Laurel would have had to climb up and grab her rung, then climb back down.  Ninja would have only had to stick it in the hole from the floor.  There was no way they were going to do the entire event over.

When Laurel rang the bell, Ninja was also at the top.  They should have restarted both of them at the top with one rung.  If they both didn't agree, they both go home.  If one didn't agree, that person goes home.  Seems simple to me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, TheIronSheik said:

Laurel didn't get screwed.  She essentially tried to win by using a loophole.  Unfortunately, that loophole was not a legitimate hole.  Ninja said that the rules stated that all rungs would help you climb, so a hole above the bell was obviously not correct.  And if the event was just to get to the top of the tree first, Ninja beat her to the top by 30 seconds.  

Laurel could probably make a valid argument that it did help her climb, it just wasn't used by her foot.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Bobcat10 said:

Laurel could probably make a valid argument that it did help her climb, it just wasn't used by her foot.  

Sure, you can always bend an argument to make it seem like it favors your side, but if we use common sense, a hole above the bell would not help you reach the bell.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, pantherclub said:

I just rewatched at lunch.  Laurel got screwed.   Completely.  Tj blew the horn. That's on him and they should bring her back on general principle.   Low point in challenge history.  At the very least they should let them face off again because that was a total stupid way to end.  He blew the horn and didn't say anything.  

He isn’t Jeff Probst.  I doubt TJ even knows the rules on any given elimination. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Bobcat10 said:

When Laurel rang the bell, Ninja was also at the top.  They should have restarted both of them at the top with one rung.  If they both didn't agree, they both go home.  If one didn't agree, that person goes home.  Seems simple to me.

Yeah, I mean that makes sense.  I don't think we'll ever know exactly what was said between the two contestants and the show producers.

But Laurel is quoted as saying they should have reset and had them race to the top.  Ninja said that she's saying that now, but when it was happening, she was vehemently against it.

Ninja also said, if they would have reset and raced to the top, she already showed that she could beat her climbing by 30 seconds faster, so even if they did reset, there was no way Laurel could have won.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

The 30 seconds you keep mentioning....was this during the actual comp she "got to the top" 30 seconds ahead of Laurel (when Ninja realized she had an extra rung still) or when there was confusion on the ground afterwards and Ninja bolted for the tree and shot to the top to ring her bell?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bobcat10 said:

The 30 seconds you keep mentioning....was this during the actual comp she "got to the top" 30 seconds ahead of Laurel (when Ninja realized she had an extra rung still) or when there was confusion on the ground afterwards and Ninja bolted for the tree and shot to the top to ring her bell?  

They said the way the show was edited, it made it look a lot closer than it was.  Ninja said she was up at the top looking for a spot for the rung "for a good 30 seconds."  Now, that might be an exaggeration, but I would assume even if it was, we could probably lower that to 8 to10 seconds.  Watching it in real time, I saw one shot where it looked like Laurel was a good 8 feet below Ninja.  But it was a quick shot and the only shot where they didn't seem neck and neck.  I pointed it out to my wife and daughter and they thought it was odd, too.  So there is some video proof that Ninja beat her to the top by a decent margin.

This was during the actual elimination.  Before Laurel rang the bell.  Ninja said while she was up there, she saw the spot on her tree that was above the bell that looked a little like a hole.  But the rules stated it would be below the bell, so she knew that wasn't it.  As she was up there looking for the missing hole, Laurel made up the margin, put the rung in the hole and rang the bell.  But because the trees were identical, Ninja knew that the hole Laurel used was not correct.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just finished watching.  Ninja went back up and checked her side and the top of the truss was not exposed like Laurel's side, it was covered by the padding/wrap that was around the stuff.  Based on the location, I would not have thought the top of the tree was a hole. The bottom hole did not seem to stick out as much as the other, so I could see how they did not think it was a real hole, and the GoPro that was attached to it could make it seem like it was just there for the camera attachment.

 

Has there ever been a point where a team throwing a challenge worked out for them? In Surivor and here it always seems like it bites the "throwers" in the ###.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, UOFI_316 said:

Just finished watching.  Ninja went back up and checked her side and the top of the truss was not exposed like Laurel's side, it was covered by the padding/wrap that was around the stuff.  Based on the location, I would not have thought the top of the tree was a hole. The bottom hole did not seem to stick out as much as the other, so I could see how they did not think it was a real hole, and the GoPro that was attached to it could make it seem like it was just there for the camera attachment.

 

Has there ever been a point where a team throwing a challenge worked out for them? In Surivor and here it always seems like it bites the "throwers" in the ###.  

This was the issue, I believe.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, TheIronSheik said:

Again, that's paranoia.  If team US had won, they could have easily picked a UK player.  The only people who were really talking about throwing in a US player were Bananas and Laurel.  The others were openly pleading to go after the UK team.  Again, Josh and Laurel started this all off by throwing in Wes.  Paranoia got her sent home.

You were asking why Laurel and Bananas thought it was a good idea, not if it was in fact a good idea.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/20/2019 at 6:48 PM, bcdjr1 said:

You were asking why Laurel and Bananas thought it was a good idea, not if it was in fact a good idea.

I get that, GB.  I know why they did it in that sense.  But what I'm saying is, Laurel is (seems?) like a smart girl.  But she totally miscalculated here.  I think she's been away for so long and she felt like she was smarter at the game than she actually was.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheIronSheik said:

I get that, GB.  I know why they did it in that sense.  But what I'm saying is, Laurel is (seems?) like a smart girl.  But she totally miscalculated here.  I think she's been away for so long and she felt like she was smarter at the game than she actually was.  

I think it's more that the game makes you paranoid. You're always trying to anticipate what other people are going to do and beat them to it. While you're doing that you have to posture like you're strong and not worried about anything but not bring too much attention to yourself. And the whole time you have Bananas whispering in your ear. 

It warps your perspective. She felt like she had a huge target on her back. She jumped at the chance to stab Wes in the back and now she saw herself surrounded by people looking to take her out. She couldn't be on the tribunal again, so Bananas convinced her that her best shot was to let the other team win. They could throw in one of Wes's allies and the UK team would pick a weak opponent because so many of them worked with Wes too. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/20/2019 at 3:13 PM, Shrugs said:

I understand Laurel's frustration. If I'm nearing completion and see a perfectly good hole, I'm using it even if it doesn't look like the others.

Totally understandable. Sometimes when I am out of breath or get a cramp, I can get disoriented. If while moving to the top I put it in a different hole I don't think I should be punished for that. Like I am supposed to notice that it points in a different direction or that it doesn't fit in as well.

As far as I am concerned if it fit, you must acquit. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, parasaurolophus said:

Totally understandable. Sometimes when I am out of breath or get a cramp, I can get disoriented. If while moving to the top I put it in a different hole I don't think I should be punished for that. Like I am supposed to notice that it points in a different direction or that it doesn't fit in as well.

As far as I am concerned if it fit, you must acquit. 

Yes, but why would an 8' wookie want to live on a planet full of 2' ewoks?  That does not make sense!!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Another great episode. Thrilled with the ending.

Love that this Josh idiot is upset Bananas (his own team) got thrown in. Moron you just vote your own and got Wes eliminated. And Wes didn't throw a challenge!! Hopefully this Josh moron is next to go.

:bye: Nanners. This guy has done nothing in these challenges lately. I just love the defeated look on Nany and Jordan's faces. Well done Paulie. Well done.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

US is a bunch a idiots getting rid of Wes, Laurel and Johnny.  Even though it made for great TV each time.  Duke it out when the time comes.  Johnny winning and jumping over to the Brits would probably have been even better though.

Some likable Brits, and CT.  Hoping he can lead them to victory.

Josh....still amazes me to this day he won BB.  I didn't think Paulie would go back to his BB roots last night but he did.  He's no different than Josh really.  And now it looks like their friendship outside the house is in jeopardy.  

We're the numbers even last night?  I assume they were because of the people that left without much notice, but I always wonder during challenges like that if the same amount of people are going.  And they were only separated by 1 minute.  

 

Edited by Bobcat10
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...