Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Any Trading Cards guys? (Sports, etc)

For any soccer nerds, I pulled an Mbappe Color Blast out of Obsidian last night.  

Pretty pretty sweet card.

For non soccer nerds; I hit a banger, yo.

• Like 3
  • Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think everything that is being produced right now is suspect as far as long-term investment potential. There is a reason we look back and call the junk wax era what it was.and were it not for the pa

https://imgur.com/a/w0hTmh3 In case you guys want an idea   I bought these cards all for a few bucks a piece online as they are all in poor condition. Made this for my office at work. A

https://imgur.com/a/Rk3fcR9 Pick 2 is what 600k cards looks like...lol...basement has another ~250k   @Courtjester 1st pick is 2 McDyess cards i just found that are a bit different

5 hours ago, GoBirds said:

I was thinking about starting to put togetherness set of 2021 Topps baseball as a reasonable cost option to get my 9 and 7 year old into it. Sound like the right fit? Decent investment potential?

I think everything that is being produced right now is suspect as far as long-term investment potential. There is a reason we look back and call the junk wax era what it was.and were it not for the pandemic, the prices on a lot of that stuff would have probably remained stagnant. 

I have a feeling (if I live that long) we are going to look back twenty years from now and refer to this as the Covid era and find the stuff that was produced now, minus a few superstar players, was vastly over valued and vastly over-produced. 

I say collect with your kids whatever catches their fancy and gets them involved. My best scam was getting my wife and kids involved in collecting cards (Pokemon, Disney, Xfiles). Every weekend they would "MAKE" me go to the card store so they could buy what they wanted, and it would given me an excuse to further my addiction. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
Posted (edited)
On 5/14/2021 at 12:13 PM, Courtjester said:

I think everything that is being produced right now is suspect as far as long-term investment potential. There is a reason we look back and call the junk wax era what it was.and were it not for the pandemic, the prices on a lot of that stuff would have probably remained stagnant. 

I have a feeling (if I live that long) we are going to look back twenty years from now and refer to this as the Covid era and find the stuff that was produced now, minus a few superstar players, was vastly over valued and vastly over-produced. 

I say collect with your kids whatever catches their fancy and gets them involved. My best scam was getting my wife and kids involved in collecting cards (Pokemon, Disney, Xfiles). Every weekend they would "MAKE" me go to the card store so they could buy what they wanted, and it would given me an excuse to further my addiction. 

Which is why I like the Topps Now as a real sleeper with some very short prints.  One that will be a high print, but recommended long term on ebay is Topps Now 208 and 211 of Jarrod Kelenic

Edited by FairWarning
  • Like 1

Went to get groceries today at Meijer, and at one entrance they had a roped off part with a sign at the front "Line for cards starts here, door will open at ___" or something.   Is there some new set that just came out, or is that just them trying to stop people from looting the guy trying to stock the shelves before he gets to them??  It wasn't the door I normally go in, so maybe it has been there for some time.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, UOFI_316 said:

Went to get groceries today at Meijer, and at one entrance they had a roped off part with a sign at the front "Line for cards starts here, door will open at ___" or something.   Is there some new set that just came out, or is that just them trying to stop people from looting the guy trying to stock the shelves before he gets to them??  It wasn't the door I normally go in, so maybe it has been there for some time.

No, just trying to control the inventory so it’s distributed fairly.

Edited by FairWarning
On 5/14/2021 at 11:13 AM, Courtjester said:

Select football has to be the most egregious offender here. Last month I got a couple blasters from Target and found a bunch of cool stuff inside — a Jordan Love prizm die cut, Justin Herbert base, Joe Burrow certified, and more. At the time it looked like I had pulled ~$300 worth of cards and I was pretty stoked. Each week the prices have fallen further and further as Panini prints the bejeezus out of it. All those hits are maybe worth 80 bucks now, and Target sold another 50,000 megas online this morning.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, caustic said:

Select football has to be the most egregious offender here. Last month I got a couple blasters from Target and found a bunch of cool stuff inside — a Jordan Love prizm die cut, Justin Herbert base, Joe Burrow certified, and more. At the time it looked like I had pulled ~$300 worth of cards and I was pretty stoked. Each week the prices have fallen further and further as Panini prints the bejeezus out of it. All those hits are maybe worth 80 bucks now, and Target sold another 50,000 megas online this morning.

So the Bot Bois were busy. 

8 minutes ago, FairWarning said:

So the Bot Bois were busy. 

Very. I imagine my odds of scoring a Prizm mega are slim to none at this point. I did get a Bowman blaster this morning though since the bots were much less interested in those. They lasted on the website a whole half hour! :towelwave:

5 minutes ago, caustic said:

Very. I imagine my odds of scoring a Prizm mega are slim to none at this point. I did get a Bowman blaster this morning though since the bots were much less interested in those. They lasted on the website a whole half hour! :towelwave:

I may pass on the National this year because of all of this crap.  

On 4/24/2021 at 2:07 PM, FairWarning said:

Topps Now 123 of Tatis Jr may be pretty good.  You can find it on EBay for 5.25/free shipping.  High print run, but you won’t lose on it, that’s for sure.

Any of the newer ones look decent to you? I've picked up a few of your recommendations, so thanks!

54 minutes ago, Nathan R. Jessep said:

Any of the newer ones look decent to you? I've picked up a few of your recommendations, so thanks!

I will take a look this weekend of the last couple of week and report back. At first glance, the Pujols/Ruth may be a good long term card.  

• Thanks 1