What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

DK Superbowl showdown (1 Viewer)

TwinTurbo

Footballguy
Anyone here planning to enter lineups for the DK showdown contests for the Superbowl? Let's start the discussion about Captain spot and flex.

Will Gurley be able to recapture his early season form by then? Something was obviously not right with him the last two games. There also are not any real sleeper picks in this matchup. Maybe Higbee or Develin? 

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be playing. Like Michel and Edelman for captain. Something is wrong with Gurly so probably fading him. Pat's D and Patterson may be decent sleepers or throw a dart at a Rams TE.

I'll be playing. Like Michel and Edelman for captain. Something is wrong with Gurly so probably fading him. Pat's D and Patterson may be decent sleepers or throw a dart at a Rams TE.
Yeah I like most of the players you listed. Higbee was my sleeper last week and I'll probably roll with him again in a few lineups. 

What do think about either or both kickers in showdown lineups?

I also started with Edelman in the captain spot and will keep him in lineups already created, but it really depends on who matches up with him and if the Rams play mostly man or zone on third down. Rams D has locked down the #1 WR in both playoff games so far.  

It will also be interesting to see if the Pats matchup Gilmore on Woods or Cooks. I think they put him mostly on Woods, which makes me lean towards Cooks who may be covered by Jon Jones with safety help from McCourty. This worked against Tyreek Hill, but maybe the Rams will find ways to exploit it. 

I also feel like this will be Gronkowski's last game. And for that reason, he will be in a lot of my lineups. 

Haven't looked at pricing, but an odd Pats player seems like the best option for the mvp in gpps.  Rams O is so focused that those guys will be higher owned.  Guys like Burkhead, Michel, Gronk, Hogan all could do damage and be lower owned.  

As usual, I will look at lowest $ guy I think can do well at captain to make room for as many others as I get in my lineup. 

Really like Gurley, Cooks, Everett, White, Michel, Gronk. 

On DK, both kickers offer great value and the game is in a dome. Other than Rams TE, I will probably fade all of the cheap options. So it's a matter of getting a smash player in the captain spot and mixing up the top guys. 

Probably won't t hold up without the shut out bonus but have an entry with NE def as Capt cashing for $15. A Gurly TD would be an ok way to lose shut out.

Users who are viewing this thread