Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***Official Joe Biden Campaign Thread

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I live in a swing state. My top two issues in this election are Hunter Biden’s role in the Ukrainian natural gas industry and section 230 of the Communications Decency Act of 1996. I was undecided, bu

I gotta say, the amount of anti-Dems complaining about Biden getting the nomination, is probably a good sign that the Dems picked the right candidate.   Biden carries certain risks - but man

He’ll hate to lose true independents like you. 

Biden still at risk after debating Trump at ‘peak of contagion’

"A person is at their peak infectiousness in the 48-hour period before they start showing symptoms,” said Leana Wen, a former health commissioner for Baltimore and ER physician. ”If that timeline is correct, then [Trump] would actually be at the peak of contagion on Tuesday night.”

Edited by beef

oh geeesh Joe !!

I'm not trying to sabotage a thread - can anyone explain why he'd say this ? and the one above ? 

While paying a visit on Monday to the Little Haiti Cultural Center, Biden closed his remarks by quipping to the crowd, "the good news is, for me, I'm here. The bad news for you is I'm coming back."

He then spotted a gathering of young girls to the side.

"And I want to see these beautiful young ladies- I want to see them dancing when they're four years older too," Biden pointed, sparking laughs from attendees.

Edited by Stealthycat
20 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Biden gave a great speech, but the reality is he didn’t have to. He doesn’t have to do anything. It helps when your opponent makes the worst blunder in political history: 

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/10/trump-stimulus-deal-coronavirus-worst-mistake-president.html

Pretty sure I just want to keep him in a hermetically sealed basement until election.  And there’s absolutely no way he should debate Trump in person anytime soon.

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Biden gave a great speech, but the reality is he didn’t have to. He doesn’t have to do anything. It helps when your opponent makes the worst blunder in political history: 

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/10/trump-stimulus-deal-coronavirus-worst-mistake-president.html

I put $500 on Trump +155 last Wednesday to counter these obvious jinx posts by you. ;)

I would have bet more but that was the max they would allow.

• Like 1

Joe needs to do more between now and the election.  He cannot sit back and just dribble the clock out (like the damn Celtics).  There has to be some offensive and some "Presidential" moments in the next 27 days.  This thing is tighter than the polls would indicate and just "anyone but Trump" didn't work in 2016 and may not work this time.

Give the undecideds something positive to hang their hat on.

12 minutes ago, Jayrod said:

Joe needs to do more between now and the election.  He cannot sit back and just dribble the clock out (like the damn Celtics).  There has to be some offensive and some "Presidential" moments in the next 27 days.  This thing is tighter than the polls would indicate and just "anyone but Trump" didn't work in 2016 and may not work this time.

1. No he doesn’t need to do more. 
2. Yes he can dribble the clock out. 
3. No it’s not tighter. Most of the polls actually underestimate how big a wipeout it’s going to be. 
4. In 2016 Trump wasn’t President. 
5. There are almost no undecideds. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, timschochet said:

3. No it’s not tighter. Most of the polls actually underestimate how big a wipeout it’s going to be. 

Man, it's sure a lot easier to dribble the clock out if every time the other side gets the ball, they kick it into their own bench.  

• Like 1
  • Laughing 3
12 minutes ago, timschochet said:

I am liking at how Biden is jumping on the "Buy American made products"  and "Let support American companies and make more in America" bandwagon.   That helped Trump in 16

36 minutes ago, Jayrod said:

I think that, for many undecided voters, Biden already had "Presidential moments" when he acted like a cognitive adult during the debate, when he displayed proper safety protocols and didn't get infected with COVID and endanger his staff, and when he said that mask usage shouldn't be political.

I also think that, if those actions weren't enough to convince a voter that Biden was "Presidential," then that voter isn't really "undecided".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
26 minutes ago, Summer Wheat said:

I am liking at how Biden is jumping on the "Buy American made products"  and "Let support American companies and make more in America" bandwagon.   That helped Trump in 16

Yeah no surprise I hate it. Populism sucks, it never works in practice. But it’s sure good for getting votes and it’s often too attractive for politicians to resist. 

crickets on how seemingly young girl creepy and more racist comments said Biden has been shown last 48 hours

I'm curious how many are voting Biden FOR Biden ... I mean a lot will vote for not Trump and for Harris but is anyone really excited about Joe ?

That's fine too, many voted Trump which was really a not Hillary vote to be honest. That's ok, its just worth noting I think

28 minutes ago, Stealthycat said:

crickets on how seemingly young girl creepy and more racist comments said Biden has been shown last 48 hours

In an election where both candidates have made racially inappropriate comments, where both candidates have been accused of being creepy around girls, where both candidates have been accused of rape, it's difficult to make a decision based solely on those accusations.

But if you are going to make a decision based solely on accusations, I'm comfortable with voting for the guy who has been accused of rape by the lower number of women.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1
1 hour ago, Stealthycat said:

I'm curious how many are voting Biden FOR Biden ... I mean a lot will vote for not Trump and for Harris but is anyone really excited about Joe ?

That's fine too, many voted Trump which was really a not Hillary vote to be honest. That's ok, its just worth noting I think

I'm voting for normalcy. I never knew that was an important issue yet here we are.

2 hours ago, Jayrod said:

Actually that wasn't the meme in this forum, or rather the FFA, we were hearing "anyone but Hillary" (which I saw everyday in the Official Hillary thread and other threads discussing the election) or "anyone but Hillary and Trump" and that is a big reason why he got Trump as many undecideds voted 3rd party in those 3 key states that Hillary lost for something like a total of 77k votes.

Edited by squistion
6 hours ago, timschochet said:

6. With COVID I don't think anybody is expecting much to happen and with Trump getting COVID it just reinforces the potential risk and also limits what Trump can do - which could be seen as a bad comparison for Biden.

I do agree with Jayrod that Biden needs to continue to sound Presidential to reinforce the idea that we are voting for a return to normalcy.  Additionally, I think he needs to do 2 other things - avoid a big gaffe and don't get COVID.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

6. With COVID I don't think anybody is expecting much to happen and with Trump getting COVID it just reinforces the potential risk and also limits what Trump can do - which could be seen as a bad comparison for Biden.

I do agree with Jayrod that Biden needs to continue to sound Presidential to reinforce the idea that we are voting for a return to normalcy.  Additionally, I think he needs to do 2 other things - avoid a big gaffe  and don't get COVID. 

I think this may be bigger than we think.  He really should just go back to his basement/ bunker.   And ride out the Oct surprise being concocted. 

31 minutes ago, Wildudes said:

I think this may be bigger than we think.  He really should just go back to his basement/ bunker.   And ride out the Oct surprise being concocted. 

I list it because I think it's big.  There's a decent chance he could get a bad case or die (same as Trump).  I think there is more a question of his age and health than there is Trump's - even if we don't agree.  That's a possible negative he needs to avoid - and if god forbid he (or Trump) dies it just becomes chaos.  In particular for the the Dems.

9 hours ago, timschochet said:

6. There won't be nearly as many throwaway votes for Third Party.
7. No Bernie Bros this time around.
8. People are desperate for something resembling normalcy.
9. He has meat and potatoes Democratic ideals (healthcare, infrastructure, jobs.) Ask Trump point blank & he still can't tell you why he wants to be re-elected.

10 hours ago, Jayrod said:

"Anyone but Trump" didn't work in 2016.  "Anyone but Hillary" did though.  

ETA: I don't think Trump supporters (not saying you are as I don't know)  realize.....they're rooting for "Hillary" in 2020.  

Edited by Thunderlips
  • Like 1
22 hours ago, Stealthycat said:

I'll admit it.  I usually vote R, not a fan of Joe, disappointed these are our 2 choices, but going to hold my nose an vote Biden to hopefully gain back some respect from our allies around the globe.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, BobbyLayne said:

6. There won't be nearly as many throwaway votes for Third Party.
7. No Bernie Bros this time around.
8. People are desperate for something resembling normalcy.
9. He has meat and potatoes Democratic ideals (healthcare, infrastructure, jobs.) Ask Trump point blank & he still can't tell you why he wants to be re-elected.

#9 isn't fair, he's mentioned many times that he will show his plans for middle class tax cuts AND healthcare after he's reelected...or maybe it's 2 weeks after reelection??  Anyhow he has a plan, you just need to go work in the White House to hear it...

After watching the first two debates my wife asked me.  What would Biden be running on if the COVID pandemic did not hit the globe and if a dumb cop did not kneel of a persons head?     I was not sure as all they seem to talk about is COVID.

7 minutes ago, Summer Wheat said:

After watching the first two debates my wife asked me.  What would Biden be running on if the COVID pandemic did not hit the globe and if a dumb cop did not kneel of a persons head?     I was not sure as all they seem to talk about is COVID.

That is because COVID is the most important issue to voters:

https://www.bostonherald.com/2020/10/07/coronavirus-is-top-issue-for-likely-voters-in-presidential-election-boston-herald-poll/

Edited by squistion
10 minutes ago, Summer Wheat said:

Healthcare and keeping Social Security.  Prison/drug reform would probably still be there as well as immigration to some extent.  They don't need to talk about any of that because COVID is front and center in just about everyone's mind these days.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, squistion said:

Good news here...

In Florida, likely voters support Biden over Trump 51%-40%. In Pennsylvania, likely voters support Biden over Trump 54%-41%. In Iowa, likely voters support Biden over Trump 50%-45%, according to the poll.

2 minutes ago, Chicago Hooligan said:

Biden winning Florida still seems unlikely to me but who knows. If that's the case it'll be an early night.

(Except not really cuz I'll be hammered either way.)

You should try being in a town where they have a "rally" EVERY friday for Donnie.  It is absolutely crazy...last week, my wife got caught in a "parade" just trying to get home from work.  This state is huge and really hard to get a handle on all the different sections, but my section is ride or die for trump.

2 hours ago, Chicago Hooligan said:

Biden winning Florida still seems unlikely to me but who knows. If that's the case it'll be an early night.

(Except not really cuz I'll be hammered either way.)

There's been a shift in the polling fairly consistently across states - I don't know exactly why but it seems to be pointed to elderly voters changing their mind or deciding on Biden.  If that's a real thing then Florida could easily go blue.  These folks in most cases don't need jobs and aren't as "scared" of immigrants and job losses as they are losing healthcare or catching COVID.  Trump isn't doing well in those areas.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Joe decides on the keep 'em guessing strategy as his best plan relative to the Supreme Court.  

After saying he'd release a list of judges that he would pick for the Supreme Court, he reversed his own decision

Now this:

Joe Biden told reporters on Thursday that voters would learn his position on packing the Supreme Court after the election.

🙄

1 hour ago, spodog said:

Joe decides on the keep 'em guessing strategy as his best plan relative to the Supreme Court.  

After saying he'd release a list of judges that he would pick for the Supreme Court, he reversed his own decision

Now this:

🙄

He can’t pack it without congress acting first.

Why would he give a list for a position that already has a nominee?

8 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

He can’t pack it without congress acting first.

Why would he give a list for a position that already has a nominee?

Well, because in June he stated that he would release a list of potential nominees that he would pick from for potential future openings.  His statement was that this list would be provided in early August, several weeks before the Democratic National Convention.      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90Jx_Sd8F0Q

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, spodog said:

Well, because in June he stated that he would release a list of potential nominees that he would pick from for potential future openings.  His statement was that this list would be provided in early August, several weeks before the Democratic National Convention.      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90Jx_Sd8F0Q

Umm ok...but beyond a claim he would, would would he in the first place?

The list of things his opponent claimed he would release and hasn’t is quite long.

6 hours ago, The Commish said:

Healthcare and keeping Social Security.  Prison/drug reform would probably still be there as well as immigration to some extent.  They don't need to talk about any of that because COVID is front and center in just about everyone's mind these days.

Lots of people are sick of Covid, wake me up when there is a vaccine, and would like to hear about the other topics. 

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1
6 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Lots of people are sick of Covid, wake me up when there is a vaccine, and would like to hear about the other topics. 

Sure..lots are.  Lots more have it front and center and are legitimately concerned.  Consider yourself lucky that this isn't a virus that scares you all that much.  Like it or not, this is going to be a central theme for this election.  Trump and his administration made sure of that.

Every country had a strategy for Covid. Some worked better than others. 

When they ALL get to say, "well at least we aren't the US", no one is changing the subject. 

By the way:

210,000 dead Americans, but I'm  tired of Covid.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Thunderlips said:

The court packing issue is irrelevant to most Americans.  It's a foreign concept.  As of right now, it's an election gain for Biden to NOT say anything.  

Matters to the single issue, abortion peeps. Some relatives of mine.

Not enough to drag that carcass across the finish line. 

On 10/8/2020 at 11:51 AM, squistion said:

the most important issues are what's dangled in front of people

people anymore whims with the way media tells them ... hate because of Russia, hate because of Stormy, hate because of Ukraine, hate because of taxes ..... now, its hate because of a global pandemic

if Trump is re-elected, when covid ends it'll be hate because of something else .... its never ending. Crazy Nancy even mentioned using the 25th ... stir fear, stir hate, panic .... its all I've seen for 4 years now

• Laughing 1
9 minutes ago, Stealthycat said:

the most important issues are what's dangled in front of people

people anymore whims with the way media tells them ... hate because of Russia, hate because of Stormy, hate because of Ukraine, hate because of taxes ..... now, its hate because of a global pandemic

if Trump is re-elected, when covid ends it'll be hate because of something else .... its never ending. Crazy Nancy even mentioned using the 25th ... stir fear, stir hate, panic .... its all I've seen for 4 years now

You don't think much of the American public, eh?