What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Joe Biden Campaign Thread (4 Viewers)

Bloomberg needs to shift as well after Super Tuesday and drop out. Get behind Joe and get the moderate vote going here. Biden can have a ton of steam heading out of Super Tuesday. 

Bloomberg needs to shift as well after Super Tuesday and drop out. Get behind Joe and get the moderate vote going here. Biden can have a ton of steam heading out of Super Tuesday. 
Wouldn’t hurt to have Warren stick around raising her hand to speak for another few weeks. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Nate Silver‏ @NateSilver538 7m7 minutes ago

Biden and Sanders are now ~tied in our forecast.

Yes, there are a lot of assumptions here, about Biden's SC bounce and the effect of the Buttigieg and Klobuchar withdraws. But I don't think those assumptions are particularly aggressive or Biden-friendly. For instance, it gives him no extra credit for Pete/Klob *endorsing* him.

The only national poll post-SC had just a 3-point Sanders lead, and that was before Buttigieg and Klobuchar quit. Biden has gained a lot in California polls and could limit Sanders's delegate haul. His performance in SC bodes well for how he'll do in the South tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1234619291120685056

Amy Klobuchar on Joe Biden at Texas Biden rally:

"I cannot think of a better way to end my campaign than joining his." Chants of 'Amy!' break out.

Not ready to do my official slam dunk on Biden just yet, I mean he is really Holding Serve here and who knows what his loyal black FireWall will bring.  But in the meantime I just want to say I appreciate Tim for fighting the good fight, and never adjusting his information sources regardless of how many times they get it wrong.  I swear he'd make a great CNN analyst.  
Hey you’re welcome. 

What I wrote, from the beginning, is that no matter how poorly Biden appeared to be doing so long as he won South Carolina and retained black support he should be regarded as the favorite. That wasn’t on “sources”, it was simple logic, or so I thought. I admit I wavered a bit after some poor debate performances but it appears to be true after all. We’ll know a lot more tomorrow night. 

Hey you’re welcome. 

What I wrote, from the beginning, is that no matter how poorly Biden appeared to be doing so long as he won South Carolina and retained black support he should be regarded as the favorite. That wasn’t on “sources”, it was simple logic, or so I thought. I admit I wavered a bit after some poor debate performances but it appears to be true after all. We’ll know a lot more tomorrow night. 
Kudos to you for sticking to your guns tim.   I didn’t think the American people were this misguided, but I was way way wrong.  You pegged this from the beginning!

It is at the moment.
It's okay. I'll let you have it. The last thing I want to do is politicize it, though its very nature may make it have to fall under the rubric of political decisions and structural shocks to waking life. I'm just not sure yet. 

With Biden I say WI, PA, and NC and FL and AZ are in play, with SC and perhaps GA as extreme outlier possibilities.  

Hillary was 10x more competent than Biden and still lost to Trump.  I disagree with your assessment.
She didn't lose because of incompetance.  She lost because she was not well liked.  

Biden doesn't have the same issue there as Hillary and can appeal to people that she didn't.

Its not about competance though because I agree with you, Biden is not the best candidate if that's how we are judging.  I don't think it matters though, he still has the best chance to beat Trump.  I wish there was someone better too but there isn't.

Am I the only one that can see the elephant in the room that no one is mentioning? He seems like he is often making mental stumbles that seem beyond being gaffe prone, and has significantly declined mentally since being VP. I mean, I guess if he is the candidate I will have no choice to vote for him, but that will not look good for presidential debates that people actually watch.

Am I the only one that can see the elephant in the room that no one is mentioning? He seems like he is often making mental stumbles that seem beyond being gaffe prone, and has significantly declined mentally since being VP. I mean, I guess if he is the candidate I will have no choice to vote for him, but that will not look good for presidential debates that people actually watch.
He's gonna go down in flames on live TV if he ends up the nominee. 

He's gonna go down in flames on live TV if he ends up the nominee. 
Depends what you mean.  

He’ll make some huge gaffes and say some really stupid things. But they won’t cost him like the exact same statements would cost Bernie, Pete, or Warren. 

Depends what you mean.  

He’ll make some huge gaffes and say some really stupid things. But they won’t cost him like the exact same statements would cost Bernie, Pete, or Warren. 
There will be many gaffes but in the end Biden is a man of decency and actually will put some good competent people  in cabinet positions and rely on them. I am all in on Biden. Trump will be Trump in these debates and it will be dirty and ugly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread