Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***Official Joe Biden Campaign Thread

Joe Bryant

17 hours ago, timschochet said:

There’s a difference. 

As bone headed as Biden can be sometimes have you ever heard him say something mean? Cruel? Indecent? I never have. He’s a good man. Trump is, at best, a rotten jerk. 

17 hours ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

What about the “creepy joe” stuff?

Water under the bridge? 🙄

@timschochet

2 hours ago, Mystery Achiever said:

Go back to around pages 22-26. A lot of us were pretty outraged about his slander of the guy whose truck killed his wife as a drunk driver when there was zero evidence.

Losing a loved one could mess up anyone. 

It's not like someone was mentioning the size of his hands or his haircut.

Happened years after the accident.
"The Dunn family, who had strong sympathy for Biden, was shocked by the sullying of their now-dead father. They wrote the senator and asked him to stop and reminded him of the exonerating investigation. When that didn’t happen, they went public."
https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/joe-biden-most-disturbing-thing/

4 hours ago, Mystery Achiever said:

"The Dunn family, who had strong sympathy for Biden, was shocked by the sullying of their now-dead father. They wrote the senator and asked him to stop and reminded him of the exonerating investigation. When that didn’t happen, they went public."

Thanks I was looking to respond to Tim with this one, even if you interpret Biden’s destructive policy decisions in a charitable way this was incredibly low and indicative of the sort of two-bit shyster Joe Biden is.  

1 hour ago, ren hoek said:

https://twitter.com/betaodork/status/1235674837592535040

Joe Biden forgot President Obama’s name— again!  

Be please so kind as to also point out the similar Trump speech gaffes in the future so we don't mistakenly think you want to see Trump get reelected.

Edited by squistion
  • Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1

On 3/4/2020 at 7:22 PM, timschochet said:

There’s a difference. 

As bone headed as Biden can be sometimes have you ever heard him say something mean? Cruel? Indecent? I never have. He’s a good man. Trump is, at best, a rotten jerk. 

The other, much more important difference, is that Biden will surround himself with a competent team that actually cares about the interests of the country. And when Biden does start to do something stupid, members of his administration will be able to speak truth to power and won't simply capitulate to the whims and insecurities of a wannabe dictator. 

• Like 1

On 3/4/2020 at 4:22 PM, timschochet said:

There’s a difference. 

As bone headed as Biden can

be sometimes have you ever heard him say something mean? Cruel? Indecent? I never have. He’s a good man. Trump is, at best, a rotten jerk. 

6 hours ago, Mystery Achiever said:

This is beyond mean.

Especially when his wife was likely the cause of the fatal accident.

Tim, please be sure to ignore this like you have before.

• Like 1

POLITICO

@politico

· 6h

BREAKING: Mitt Romney will vote next week in favor of a subpoena seeking records about the work Joe Biden’s son Hunter did for the Ukrainian energy firm Burisma https://politico.com/news/2020/03/06/romney-to-vote-for-subpoena-seeking-records-on-hunter-bidens-ukraine-work-122846

14 hours ago, Getzlaf15 said:

Mitt Romney will vote next week in favor of a subpoena seeking records about the work Joe Biden’s son Hunter did for the Ukrainian energy firm Burisma

Disappointing for sure, but it sounds like Romney and the Dems got this pushed into closed door session, which is good. Also the Dems seem as interested in exploring Telizhenko as much as anything:

>>Later Friday, the committee’s top Democrat, Sen. Gary Peters of Michigan, sent a letter to Johnson calling for classified briefings about Telizhenko ahead of the subpoena vote. Peters said members of his staff recently “informed the FBI that they had questions about Mr. Telizhenko that could only be asked in a classified setting, and the FBI agreed to provide the committee with that opportunity.”

Peters similarly called for intelligence briefings on whether foreign actors are trying to use the committee’s investigation to interfere in the 2020 presidential election.<<

>>Erik Prince Recruits Ex-Spies to Help Infiltrate Liberal Groups

Mr. Prince, a contractor close to the Trump administration, contacted veteran spies for operations by Project Veritas, the conservative group known for conducting stings on news organizations and other groups.

Erik Prince, the security contractor with close ties to the Trump administration, has in recent years helped recruit former American and British spies for secretive intelligence-gathering operations that included infiltrating Democratic congressional campaigns, labor organizations and other groups considered hostile to the Trump agenda, according to interviews and documents.

One of the former spies, an ex-MI6 officer named Richard Seddon, helped run a 2017 operation to copy files and record conversations in a Michigan office of the American Federation of Teachers, one of the largest teachers’ unions in the nation. Mr. Seddon directed an undercover operative to secretly tape the union’s local leaders and try to gather information that could be made public to damage the organization, documents show.

Using a different alias the next year, the same undercover operative infiltrated the congressional campaign of Abigail Spanberger, then a former C.I.A. officer who went on to win an important House seat in Virginia as a Democrat. The campaign discovered the operative and fired her.

Both operations were run by Project Veritas, a conservative group that has gained attention using hidden cameras and microphones for sting operations on news organizations, Democratic politicians and liberal advocacy groups. Mr. Seddon’s role in the teachers’ union operation — detailed in internal Project Veritas emails that have emerged from the discovery process of a court battle between the group and the union — has not previously been reported, nor has Mr. Prince’s role in recruiting Mr. Seddon for the group’s activities.<<

NYT

Hunter Bidens papers missing suit says

Hunter has again failed to provide the requested documents by the deadline provided.  

"[T]he defendant continues to act as though he has no respect for this Court, its orders, the legal process in this state, or the needs of his child for support," Roberts' motion stated. "This Court should take some action that will make the defendant follow court orders and a believer in the rule of law."

Biden's attorney, Brent Langdon of Texarkana, Texas, did not respond to a request for comment Friday. In previous court filings, he has denied that his client is disobeying court orders.

Biden, the son of Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden, told the court in a signed Nov. 27 affidavit that he is unemployed and hasn't had a monthly income since May.

Despite his work status, he is living in the Hollywood Hills area of Los Angeles, in a home that costs $12,000-per-month to lease, The New York Times reported last month.

A Porsche Panamera is in the driveway and the property's pool house has been converted into an art studio, the Times noted.

• Like 1

On 3/5/2020 at 8:24 PM, squistion said:

Be please so kind as to also point out the similar Trump speech gaffes in the future so we don't mistakenly think you want to see Trump get reelected.

These are not “gaffes.”  It looks like very serious cognitive decline.  The slight differences between Trump/Biden are inconsequential to me- they both support the wars, apartheid Israel, the drug war, mass incarceration, the broken healthcare system, and corporate ownership of electoral politics.  If you care about those issues, there’s no point in supporting either of them for President.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Roberts' motion stated

This is a claim from a private attorney.

Meanwhile:

The President’s daughter and son in law - who are also White House Senior advisors - have just made $20-45 MILLION off a short term hold in a company profiting off an administration policy. 

>>A person familiar with the sale said Cadre asked Kushner last summer to consider selling because of worries that some potential new investors in the firm might raise conflict-of-interest issues. The person was not authorized to speak of Kushner’s personal finances and spoke only on a condition of anonymity.

Kushner and his wife, Ivanka Trump, pushed for the Opportunity Zone tax breaks to be included in Trump’s 2017 tax overhaul. The breaks offer investors big cuts in capital gains taxes if they put money into businesses and buildings in 8,700 poor, struggling neighborhoods across the country that otherwise might not attract the money. <<

Edited by SaintsInDome2006
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

It still rings true that Hunter keeps missing his filing dates and still hasn't provided information that was requested in Dec.  

Sounds like Jared is getting out because the company acknowledges his links to Trump hurt their investments.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Max Power said:

It still rings true that Hunter keeps missing his filing dates and still hasn't provided information that was requested in Dec.  

The President has been through 2 divorces. Do you know what his wives accused him of? A son owning a Porsche doesn’t really rank.

9 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

The daughter and son in law just made 20-45 mill off a public policy they advocated for.

His lawyer said he has complied with all ethics laws.  He also stepped down as CEO 3 years ago and was selling his stake because the company asked him to. 

The article even says "It is not clear if the company has taken advantage of the breaks." So to say he made 20-45mil off this policy isn't true.  That is what they made from the sale of their shares of a company that has a wide range of investments. 

10 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

The President has been through 2 divorces. Do you know what his wives accused him of? A son owning a Porsche doesn’t really rank.

No but its the Biden thread, so I figured we'd talk about Biden here.  But yeah, owning a Porsche ranks when you claim to be broke and won't pay child support.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

The brother of the Secretary of Education is hiring private spies to infiltrate teachers unions and other liberal organizations. But yes, gaffemeister.

Don’t get me started on Joe Biden and spying. He was part of the last regime you know. And he will get pounded (and rightfully so) by President Trump for this. Another reason a Biden candidacy is such a gift.

6 minutes ago, Max Power said:

No but its the Biden thread, so I figured we'd talk about Biden here.  But yeah, owning a Porsche ranks when you claim to be broke and won't pay child support.  

A guy with a private equity firm in CA is hiding he has a Porsche from his girlfriend in AR, and he’s the son of Joe Biden. Yes, thanks.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

Don’t get me started on Joe Biden and spying. He was part of the last regime you know. And he will get pounded (and rightfully so) by President Trump for this. Another reason a Biden candidacy is such a gift.

You think Joe Biden spied on Donald Trump? That’s a new one. Ok.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Max Power said:

His lawyer said he has complied with all ethics laws.  He also stepped down as CEO 3 years ago and was selling his stake because the company asked him to. 

The article even says "It is not clear if the company has taken advantage of the breaks." So to say he made 20-45mil off this policy isn't true.  That is what they made from the sale of their shares of a company that has a wide range of investments. 

The claim that Kushner used his office to award himself a $25 million profit is overly simplistic and misleading.

But there is an appearance of impropriety. It's why government officials who have the power to influence public policy should hold their investment assets in a blind trust.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

>> Hunter Biden was not certain what the world might say of his new pursuit, but he maintained he was serious. He said he had made a lot of mistakes in his life — he has spoken openly about his history of drug addiction — but becoming an artist, he said, wasn’t an impulsive decision.

Painting “is literally keeping me sane,” he said. “For years I wouldn’t call myself an artist. Now I feel comfortable saying it.”<<

>>This fall, he stepped down from the board of a Chinese firm, stating he would not work for or with any foreign-owned companies if his father became president.<<

- Reading this, Hunter isn’t even in private equity or on K Street anymore. He poses zero concern of conflict of interest for his father’s presidency. What’s more this is so even as his father would pose the greatest value to him personally if he did choose to stay in equity. Thanks for posting, I did not realize that.

2 hours ago, Widbil83 said:

It seems like only last week Joe Biden was telling us he was arrested trying to visit Mandela.

It seems like just yesterday that Trump lies on average 8 to 10 lies every single day. 

1 hour ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Strangely it started up again the day after Super Tuesday.

Some of us have been pretty consistent in here attacking corrupt Hunter and Joe. Please don’t sell us short.

I’m ready to completely pivot to the $1.5 billion China deal Hunter secured with Joe flying him over on Air Force 2. :coffee:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Strangely it started up again the day after Super Tuesday.

The guy had a NYT piece about him and missed a court deadline in the last 10 days, so he isn't really keeping himself out of the spotlight.  

I said months ago I thought it was a misstep by the Biden campaign to not handle this child support thing in a civil way to make it go away.  The women isn't looking for a huge payday.  She wants child support from Hunter based off a standard income formula.  

Now when Hunter gets squirrely with his income/tax returns it keeps the narrative going that maybe his income wasn't all above board.  :shrug:

1 hour ago, Max Power said:

The guy had a NYT piece about him and missed a court deadline in the last 10 days, so he isn't really keeping himself out of the spotlight.  

Do you know anything about the AR county he’s in?

As for the NYT, he’s apparently doing his pop a huge favor. He was on K Street.

1 hour ago, Max Power said:

Now when Hunter gets squirrely with his income/tax returns it keeps the narrative going that maybe his income wasn't all above board.

How do you do this while supporting Trump, the first candidate not to mention actual president not to turn over tax returns in 40 years?

• Thinking 2

21 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

How do you do this while supporting Trump, the first candidate not to mention actual president not to turn over tax returns in 40 years?

I don't base my support on Trump turning over his tax returns.  He is an imperfect person and candidate.  I just like him more than the field. 

Do you support what Hunter is doing? 

13 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I don't base my support on Trump turning over his tax returns.  He is an imperfect person and candidate.  I just like him more than the field. 

Do you support what Hunter is doing? 

Pfft, you're clearly establishing the need for not only a candidate to turn over his tax return, but his child's

Yes, I absolutely support a private individual having a private equity firm investing and seeking investment for clients. It's capitalism, and I very much support a son basically cancelling out his career to protect his dad. That being said the plane ride with his dad to China and the BOD job with Burisma were foolish, selfish acts.

He's in a small county in Arkansas, I'm sure the home cooking in that courtroom is something else. To the extent he can't please that judge or local attorney, my guess is he will never ever please them. They will hold him up for every penny he's got.

5 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Pfft, you're clearly establishing the need for not only a candidate to turn over his tax return, but his child's

Yes, I absolutely support a private individual having a private equity firm investing and seeking investment for clients. It's capitalism, and I very much support a son basically cancelling out his career to protect his dad. That being said the plane ride with his dad to China and the BOD job with Burisma were foolish, selfish acts.

He's in a small county in Arkansas, I'm sure the home cooking in that courtroom is something else. To the extent he can't please that judge or local attorney, my guess is he will never ever please them. They will hold him up for every penny he's got.

You're a smart guy, you should understand how family courts works.  A parent's child support payments are calculated by income.  Hunter has failed to provide any proof in income (while claiming to be broke).  So yes I 1000% support him turning over that material.  It doesn't need to go public.  Neglecting child support payments lands people in jail all time. He needs to start doing the right thing.  

What home cooking are you even referring to?  The guy literally isn't turning over the documents needed to make a ruling.  So you're right, that won't please a judge.