What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Joe Biden Campaign Thread (7 Viewers)

We can’t have the POTUS in mental decline. Anybody who’s been on this earth 20 or so years can see Biden’s mental acuity is well below par. It’s simply unacceptable. 

I can honestly say it’s not hyperbole to suggest Biden would be dangerous, not to mention ineffective, as the leader of the free world.

It’s not happening.

We can’t have the POTUS in mental decline. Anybody who’s been on this earth 20 or so years can see Biden’s mental acuity is well below par. It’s simply unacceptable. 

I can honestly say it’s not hyperbole to suggest Biden would be dangerous, not to mention ineffective, as the leader of the free world.

It’s not happening.
And still an improvement over what is in office now.

matuski said:
Two sides of a coin.

Arguing either side has a moral or ethical advantage is laughable.

The republicans morals are so high they let Trump hijack the party so they could win.
Honestly, you need to look at what the Obama did in office.  Very little for the people, bailed out the banks more than the people the screwed.  

How many civilians has Trump killed compared to Obama?  How many US soldiers died under both?  

Healthcare companies are a bookie, they give nothing back and take 20% after......frigging after they pay 200 million in bonus to their management.

Honestly, you need to look at what the Obama did in office.  Very little for the people, bailed out the banks more than the people the screwed.  

How many civilians has Trump killed compared to Obama?  How many US soldiers died under both?  

Healthcare companies are a bookie, they give nothing back and take 20% after......frigging after they pay 200 million in bonus to their management.
Obama was not as great a president as I had hoped, Trump is not as bad as I had suspected.  But I'll take Obama again over Trump.

Having said that, I think Biden will be more center left than Obama.

eta - Trump has not stopped killing civilians.  We are still using drones with abandon.

Last edited by a moderator:
@mviser
Joe Biden says he is “desperately” looking to be in regular contact with the American public, perhaps with regular press conferences in Wilmington, Del., or using technology. "They tell me there’s ways we can do teleconferencing via us all being in different locations,” he says. //

Interesting, very sophisticated technology.  Hope we can do it some day 

WHERE IS JOE BIDEN????

WHERE IS JOE BIDEN?????
https://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2020/03/theres-no-reason-to-worry-about-joe-biden-being-mia-for-a-few-days/

There’s No Reason to Worry About Joe Biden Being MIA for a Few Days

Ever since he won Tuesday’s primaries Joe Biden has mostly kept out of sight, something that has lots of lefties upset for reasons that mostly escape me. For one thing, it’s only been three days. For another, it’s normal for candidates to take a breather and review their strategy going forward after they’ve locked up the nomination—as Biden clearly has. Furthermore, even after locking things up, nominees have to be careful not to bigfoot legislative leaders like Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer, who are currently negotiating coronavirus legislation and don’t want to be undermined by Biden mouthing off with his own plans. Ego management is important at all times.

Still, if you’re curious, Politico tells us about Biden’s upcoming plans:

Joe Biden is planning a regular shadow briefing on coronavirus to start as early as Monday to show how he would handle the crisis and address what he calls the lies and failures of President Trump. Biden gave a preview of what’s to come in a conference call with reporters Friday, where he listed a litany of false and misleading statements from Trump, who has been holding regular White House press conferences concerning coronavirus preparedness and response that have been broadcast live on all major networks.

Biden made his comments from his home in Wilmington, Delaware, where he has been holed up for more than a week in adherence with Centers for Disease Control guidelines that urge people to practice social distancing.

Immediately after the initial onset of the crisis, Biden also held his fire against the president out of concern it would look too political — an accusation leveled at him anyway by Trump campaign manager Brad Parscale, who said that “Biden will take attention from real updates Americans should know just to score political points.” Ever since his commanding victories Tuesday against Bernie Sanders in Florida, Illinois and Arizona, Biden has made no public appearances or statements. Instead, he said, he has been spending time privately talking to health officials, businesses, governors and members of Congress.
To recap: Biden—who, again, has been out of the public eye for only three days—is (a) following CDC guidelines, (b) getting briefed privately by health officials and members of Congress so that he knows what he’s talking about before he opens his mouth, and (c) making plans to hold regular coronavirus briefings.

This all sounds pretty reasonable to me. I very much doubt that Biden has lost anything by staying quiet for a few days in March.

If only we could bet on things like: "who will be among the first to come forth with a defense"?

On second thought, there are two people for whom the odds would be so low that it wouldn't be worth it.

https://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2020/03/theres-no-reason-to-worry-about-joe-biden-being-mia-for-a-few-days/

There’s No Reason to Worry About Joe Biden Being MIA for a Few Days

Ever since he won Tuesday’s primaries Joe Biden has mostly kept out of sight, something that has lots of lefties upset for reasons that mostly escape me. For one thing, it’s only been three days. For another, it’s normal for candidates to take a breather and review their strategy going forward after they’ve locked up the nomination—as Biden clearly has. Furthermore, even after locking things up, nominees have to be careful not to bigfoot legislative leaders like Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer, who are currently negotiating coronavirus legislation and don’t want to be undermined by Biden mouthing off with his own plans. Ego management is important at all times.

Still, if you’re curious, Politico tells us about Biden’s upcoming plans:

To recap: Biden—who, again, has been out of the public eye for only three days—is (a) following CDC guidelines, (b) getting briefed privately by health officials and members of Congress so that he knows what he’s talking about before he opens his mouth, and (c) making plans to hold regular coronavirus briefings.

This all sounds pretty reasonable to me. I very much doubt that Biden has lost anything by staying quiet for a few days in March.
Again, I just don’t know if it’s very wise for Biden to criticize the President at this point. 

If I were Biden I might say something like this: 

“I certainly have issues with how President Trump has handled this situation, and at this proper time and place, once hopefully the emergency has been resolved, I will address those. But now is not the time to do so. Donald Trump remains our commander in chief and during this time of crisis I stand behind him as I would hope does every patriotic American...” 

And that’s all I would say. I would set myself above the fray and discuss doing whatever could to help the country regardless of politics. 

Listen here Jack. I've been training for three days with Pop Tart Jefferson and I'm gonna beat Trump to a push up contest like a drum. That's no malarky, fat! I'm gonna come out of the convention in Omaha, or, you know the place. And I'm gonna be ready to say "I'm Joe Biden, now go vote for the other guy!"

If I were Biden I might say something like this: 

“I certainly have issues with how President Trump has handled this situation, and at this proper time and place, once hopefully the emergency has been resolved, I will address those. But now is not the time to do so. Donald Trump remains our commander in chief and during this time of crisis I stand behind him as I would hope does every patriotic American...” 

And that’s all I would say. I would set myself above the fray and discuss doing whatever could to help the country regardless of politics. 
I agree. I’d also pause the campaign the next 2 weeks, working to help his state and community in any way he can. 

https://twitter.com/NathanJRobinson/status/1242101378438311939

Appreciate that Biden criticized the Republicans for fixating on corporate handouts during a pandemic, even if it was a little vague on how families should be helped specifically (Tlaib's proposals for example).  Corporate/executive/financial bailouts need to be condemned by everybody and launched toward the sun, full stop, period, end of story.  

Biden talking on this piece of garbage Skype in an interview with Nicole Wallace just isn't fair.  He isn't the most smoothest talker to begin with now he he was deal with a conversation based on which house has the better home wifi.    

Luke Savage @LukewSavage

US politics is so dominated by big business it's considered perfectly normal for coalitions of monied donors to weigh in on who they want to be VP - and for the whole thing to be basically public, reported on as if it's a standard part of the process

The biggest interest groups in the country vetting potential executive leadership, on behalf of the campaign many of them have donated to and/or raised money for because they know it will reflect their interests if it secures power. Totally healthy, democratic stuff.

Luke Savage @LukewSavage

US politics is so dominated by big business it's considered perfectly normal for coalitions of monied donors to weigh in on who they want to be VP - and for the whole thing to be basically public, reported on as if it's a standard part of the process

The biggest interest groups in the country vetting potential executive leadership, on behalf of the campaign many of them have donated to and/or raised money for because they know it will reflect their interests if it secures power. Totally healthy, democratic stuff.
Makes you wish they would go back to when the VP was the runner up in the election. 

Everytime I see a clip of Biden struggling it reminds me of Lee Corso still on College Gameday. I never watched it a lot(couple times a year), but I can't watch it at all with him on there. It feels almost inhumane. 

What's happening with Biden is really sad to watch.  I feel for the guy. The slimebags that put this man in front of the American public to run for President should be punished for this. Such a sad thing to witness. Just awful 
It will be worse for you when he’s President in a few months. 

What was the matter with his interview with Nicole? I thought it was great. He was straight to the point about how this needed to be a top down situation which I fully agree with. 

timschochet said:
What was the matter with his interview with Nicole? I thought it was great. He was straight to the point about how this needed to be a top down situation which I fully agree with. 
Aren't you in the least bit concerned Biden may not make it past year 2 if he wins the Presidency?  He seems to be going south fast from a mental perspective and sounds incoherent at times.  Aren't you at least concerned about someone in such a mental state running the country?  You better hope he has a competent running mate.

Aren't you in the least bit concerned Biden may not make it past year 2 if he wins the Presidency?  He seems to be going south fast from a mental perspective and sounds incoherent at times.  Aren't you at least concerned about someone in such a mental state running the country?  You better hope he has a competent running mate.
oh, the irony.

Users who are viewing this thread