What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Joe Biden Campaign Thread (6 Viewers)

tommyGunZ said:
I disagree that support for LNG means Biden is bad on climate.  Folks who oppose LNG are usually ignorant of how much energy poverty still exists globally, and the geopolitical advantages it affords the United States is significant.  I’m a liberal environmentalist, and I think we should take advantage of our NG resources to transform the future both here and in many countries still starving for energy.  
I live in Louisiana. And what that means to me in the environmental context is 1. Support for coastal restoration, and 2. Prevention of a future BP spill.

Right now the oil companies have carte Blanche and federal support is not there. I have zero doubt we here in LA have a 1000x better shot of getting that under Biden.

Trump has rolled back all the post BP regulations and protections and monitoring of drilling. Again there is a real, serious likelihood that is restored under Biden.

This think is what gets Trump 4 more years.  Most Progressives don't see much difference between Trump and Biden.  Many feel there is no need to support a Democratic that moves the party further right and I agree 100%.
I disagree.  Most progressives will vote for Biden, just as most votes for HRC in 2016.  There is a small percentage of progressives who either out of spite or ignorance are unable to discern the difference between Biden and Trump.  At this point, I think they may be a lost cause.  

This think is what gets Trump 4 more years.  Most Progressives don't see much difference between Trump and Biden.  Many feel there is no need to support a Democratic that moves the party further right and I agree 100%.
Can’t worry about people that are this delusional. Their vote is gone.

I live in Louisiana. And what that means to me in the environmental context is 1. Support for coastal restoration, and 2. Prevention of a future BP spill.

Right now the oil companies have carte Blanche and federal support is not there. I have zero doubt we here in LA have a 1000x better shot of getting that under Biden.

Trump has rolled back all the post BP regulations and protections and monitoring of drilling. Again there is a real, serious likelihood that is restored under Biden.
Thoughts on the Cameron LNG project down there?  LNG is so much safer to transport.  

Thoughts on the Cameron LNG project down there?  LNG is so much safer to transport.  
My feeling about this, LNG and refining down here, is that the industries employ thousands. It’s easy for some across the country to assail fossils fuels, but yeah I think projects like that are good for us here and hopefully we can help America & good parts of Europe have a defensible, affordable source of energy and heating. I’d just like our state and federal government help citizens get recompense and investment from the oil companies for the damage they have done to our coastline and environment over the decades.

Last edited by a moderator:
I disagree.  Most progressives will vote for Biden, just as most votes for HRC in 2016.  
This is probably right, there's probably a lot who didn't vote/voted green/voted Trump that didn't think he'd actually win.

I think Biden's biggest problem is that progressives are less likely to donate, campaign, work the phones, knock on doors, etc for him. Maybe he has enough big dollar donors and super PAC's that it won't matter and he can just blitz the airways with ads.

This is probably right, there's probably a lot who didn't vote/voted green/voted Trump that didn't think he'd actually win.

I think Biden's biggest problem is that progressives are less likely to donate, campaign, work the phones, knock on doors, etc for him. Maybe he has enough big dollar donors and super PAC's that it won't matter and he can just blitz the airways with ads.
I doubt money will be an issue in this election for either party.

Honestly I would prefer her. That's not saying much at all, but it's true.
I was saying this 6 months ago about my Bernie bro brother and his liberal buddies. They disliked Hillary, but think she looks like Einstein compared to Joe Biden. No progressive I know in real life is voting for Joe Biden.

I was saying this 6 months ago about my Bernie bro brother and his liberal buddies. They disliked Hillary, but think she looks like Einstein compared to Joe Biden. No progressive I know in real life is voting for Joe Biden.
Here it comes folks.  HRC was the worst possible candidate ever, until whomever the Dems nominate in 2020.  Then it's "OMG, can you believe the Dems nominated Bernie/Biden/Warren...even HRC would have been a better choice!!!!"

Here it comes folks.  HRC was the worst possible candidate ever, until whomever the Dems nominate in 2020.  Then it's "OMG, can you believe the Dems nominated Bernie/Biden/Warren...even HRC would have been a better choice!!!!"
Nothing new here, I’ve mentioned it several times.  :coffee:  

With the exception of Biden and Bloomberg I'd say everyone who ran would be an improvement over HRC. I may not have been a huge fan of them, but I'd at least acknowledge that much. 

Naturally in true democrat fashion they go Biden

I doubt money will be an issue in this election for either party.
Probably not... wall street, health insurance companies and military industrial have tons of money. In my 5 min look into who was funding that's what came up most for BIden. Trump is probably even worse... yay 'Murica!

Probably not... wall street, health insurance companies and military industrial have tons of money. In my 5 min look into who was funding that's what came up most for BIden. Trump is probably even worse... yay 'Murica!
That would be the case regardless of who was the candidate.  Here's the thing - lobbying and political contributions are legal in the US, and companies/corps have large political budgets that will be spent regardless of who the candidates are.  Had Bernie been the nominee, all of that money would have been spent anyway.  :shrug:

That would be the case regardless of who was the candidate.  Here's the thing - lobbying and political contributions are legal in the US, and companies/corps have large political budgets that will be spent regardless of who the candidates are.  Had Bernie been the nominee, all of that money would have been spent anyway.  :shrug:
Perhaps it would have been spent, but it's pretty clear it would have had significantly less influence.

That two of those people (have no idea on Tulsi)  are on board with Joe and say the alternative is the worst thing that could happen to the country isn’t good for you?
I disagree on the worst thing.  I think the worst thing is Democratic Party being a corporate shill and forgetting the working class.  They go further right every 4 years.  Why are the policies popular with the base not popular inside the party?  

Time for a 3rd party.  If you look around the world, change can happen in 4 years.  When movements try to make change from inside a establishment party they fail because the establishment stifles it.  When the start new, they take over.  Time for a people's party because we don't have one.

Bernie and Joe doing a livestream together — Sanders just officially endorsed:

”Today I am asking all Americans to come together and to support your candidacy, which I endorse. We need you in the White House and I will do all that I can to see that that happens.”

”Today I am asking all Americans to come together and to support your candidacy, which I endorse. We need you in the White House and I will do all that I can to see that that happens.”
I wonder if he'll pick an Italian roadster this time.

What could possibly be the complaint here?

Is Sanders now the problem?

He a better candidate than endorser.  Progressives movement is moving on without him.  He lost because he played with the rules of the rigged game and that game played him.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a split for me, but most progressives I know who put time in to this stuff aren't voting for Biden either. The ones that liked Bernie but don't pay a ton of attention to details will vote for him though.

2016 was a far better campaign than 2020, that's for sure.
And Hillary was an easier opponent, and there were no other serious names to spread out the votes.

I just hope some Sanders supporters don’t turn on Sanders personally for this. He’s changed the face of American and DNC politics, and he’s made ethics a primary value for votes.

KiddLattimer said:
Just out of curiosity are any of you Joe supporters through the whole primary or is everyone just on board in hopes he can beat Trump?
Prior Pete supporter here, now supporting Joe (it doesn't really matter as I am not American so I can't vote).
IMHO Joe has a higher chance of beating Trump that Bernie did. Bernie had the S issue and the issue with his most fervent supporters not showing up to vote.

KiddLattimer said:

He's got Bloomberg who's still got another half billion to burn

Users who are viewing this thread