Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***Official Joe Biden Campaign Thread

The POLITICO/Morning Consult poll released Tuesday shows that more than a third of voters believe Democrats should abandon Biden as their nominee over the recent claims from the former Senate aide that date back to the early 1990s.

The survey — conducted in the days after Biden appeared on MSNBC's "Morning Joe" on Friday to personally deny the charges for the first time — found 28 percent of Democrats “definitely” or “probably” favor replacing Biden with another nominee to take on President Donald Trump in November.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/05/reade-allegations-hurt-bidens-bid-to-unite-democrats-238662

Roughly 1/3 of voters favor replacing Joe Biden with someone else. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I live in a swing state. My top two issues in this election are Hunter Biden’s role in the Ukrainian natural gas industry and section 230 of the Communications Decency Act of 1996. I was undecided, bu

I gotta say, the amount of anti-Dems complaining about Biden getting the nomination, is probably a good sign that the Dems picked the right candidate.   Biden carries certain risks - but man

He’ll hate to lose true independents like you. 

More good news for Biden from the latest polling: 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/05/06/politics/joe-biden-tara-reade-monmouth-poll/index.html

Even among those who believe Tara Reade (around 32% overall) 1 in 3 are still willing to vote for him. Which suggests that the story won’t hurt him at all. (That number includes Reqde’s friend who, after saying the story was true because she remembered hearing about it back in the 90s, said she was voting for Joe anyhow.) 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, timschochet said:

More good news for Biden from the latest polling: 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/05/06/politics/joe-biden-tara-reade-monmouth-poll/index.html

Even among those who believe Tara Reade (around 32% overall) 1 in 3 are still willing to vote for him. Which suggests that the story won’t hurt him at all. (That number includes Reqde’s friend who, after saying the story was true because she remembered hearing about it back in the 90s, said she was voting for Joe anyhow.) 

thanks!  Amash already at 5% after just one week.   

:lmao:

“I think the fact that he is an older white man kind of has a Santa Claus soothing effect on a lot of traditional voters,” she said. “I’m convinced that Biden could essentially adopt Bernie’s agenda, and it would not be a factor — as long as he continued to say things like ‘malarkey.’ And just not be Trump.”

https://nypost.com/2020/05/06/aoc-says-she-probably-wouldnt-take-un-post-in-biden-admin/

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Widbil83 said:

:lmao:

“I think the fact that he is an older white man kind of has a Santa Claus soothing effect on a lot of traditional voters,” she said. “I’m convinced that Biden could essentially adopt Bernie’s agenda, and it would not be a factor — as long as he continued to say things like ‘malarkey.’ And just not be Trump.”

https://nypost.com/2020/05/06/aoc-says-she-probably-wouldnt-take-un-post-in-biden-admin/

What she really means is "Boomers"....and she's absolutely correct.

So on Iran, Biden was noncommital on whether he would end sanctions in the middle of a pandemic.  Sanctions, by the way, which have violated the spirit of the JCPOA his own admin negotiated.  

On Venezuela, he supports Juan Guaido- just like Donald Trump.

His campaign is running inflammatory ads saying Trump 'rolled over for the Chinese.' 

If his career is any indication, the relationship with the apartheid state of Israel and Saudi Arabia won't change at all.  

Just noting for the record how thoroughly awful and unappealing these positions are to people who want a change in direction on foreign policy.  

• Laughing 1
On 5/10/2020 at 10:23 AM, ren hoek said:

His campaign is running inflammatory ads saying Trump 'rolled over for the Chinese.' 

This ad is hilarious. Biden spent 45 years as a Senator and VP selling this country out to China. That’s not even touching on flying Hunter to China on Air Force 2 and inexplicably leaving with a $1.5 billion deal.

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, Slapdash said:

Biden had Andrew Yang on his "Here's The Deal" podcast today. Pretty good discussion and interesting that Biden mentioned pre-K education so prominently. 

Yang will be an important member of Biden's administration. We know he won't be VP, but he is definitely going to be in there somewhere.

7 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

I can't find Trump's number for April, but, starting April Trump had $244 on hand to Joe's $57. 

When I saw this thread bumped I was sure we had a Biden sighting like the groundhog deciding if it's ok to come out of the basement or not.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Leroy Hoard said:

Yang will be an important member of Biden's administration. We know he won't be VP, but he is definitely going to be in there somewhere.

I hope so, he really had the sharpest economic policy ideas I've heard from a Democrat candidate in a while.   

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, tonydead said:

When I saw this thread bumped I was sure we had a Biden sighting like the groundhog deciding if it's ok to come out of the basement or not.

Some may look at Biden’s basement lockdown and strict regimen of only going on CNN and MSNBC as a good thing, but it’s actually terrible for him. The guy had no sea legs when it came to campaigning to begin with, now he has to start back up completely cold? Its just going to be awful for Biden (more than usual even). 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, tonydead said:

I can't find Trump's number for April, but, starting April Trump had $244 on hand to Joe's $57. 

True, but Trump has spent loads through Pascale for little gain.

- Actually it look like this is the first month Biden has pulled even with Trump.

At least for a given month.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006
1 hour ago, Widbil83 said:

Some may look at Biden’s basement lockdown and strict regimen of only going on CNN and MSNBC as a good thing, but it’s actually terrible for him. The guy had no sea legs when it came to campaigning to begin with, now he has to start back up completely cold? Its just going to be awful for Biden (more than usual even). 

I know you’re never going to think your guy is in trouble but you’re not looking at this correctly. Biden benefits the more he stays out of sight. This election is not about Joe Biden and never will be. He’s simply the name one chooses if you’re rejecting Donald Trump. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, tonydead said:

It will help him about as much as all the people with way more money who ran against Trump in 2016. In other words not at all. 

The country wants a change. There’s no way for Trump to defeat that.

2 hours ago, Widbil83 said:

Biden’s leading by 2-8 depending on who/where. He’s largely online, doing an occasional tv spot or not at all, not to mention a miniscandal. Trump has been on tv every single day for 6 weeks, sometimes for hours, sometimes at or near prime time but with almost everyone home anyway with nothing else to do.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006
1 hour ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

True, but Trump has spent loads through Pascale for little gain.

- Actually it look like this is the first month Biden has pulled even with Trump.

At least for a given month.

Plus Biden has Bloomberg campaigning against Trump. I am thinking the ads Bloomberg puts together are going be a big blow to Trump. Just think of the material Trump has provided.

• Like 1

Biden and Sanders are forming unity task forces to explore six policy issues: climate change, criminal justice reform, the economy, education, health care and immigration.

Task force members include AOC, John Kerry, Eric Hodler, Pramila Jayapal and more.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/biden-sanders-announce-aoc-kerry-jayapal-chairs-unity/story?id=70654480

• Laughing 1
Just now, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Georgia - from GOP polling firm Public Option Strategies

Biden: 47

Trump: 46

NYT

I saw that earlier but didn't post it as I have never heard of Public Option Strategies. 

17 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

The Biden effect is already in full force with Democrats losing a decades held Congressional seat to Republicans in California last night. 

Democrats held it for decades?  Care to rephrase?

48 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

The Biden effect is already in full force with Democrats losing a decades held Congressional seat to Republicans in California last night. 

No, that is factually incorrect. The seat has only been held by Democrats for 2 years. Before that this conservative leaning district was held by Republicans for two decades. 

• Like 1
Just now, Widbil83 said:

Joe Biden is costing you guys seats in California. 

Do you have some exit polling from this special election to back up this claim? Your take that Biden was responsible for a Republican winning what had been a traditional Republican district for 20 years prior to 2018 is a not one I have seen from any election observers. 

1 hour ago, squistion said:

Biden and Sanders are forming unity task forces to explore six policy issues: climate change, criminal justice reform, the economy, education, health care and immigration.

Task force members include AOC, John Kerry, Eric Hodler, Pramila Jayapal and more.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/biden-sanders-announce-aoc-kerry-jayapal-chairs-unity/story?id=70654480

Let me get in and say that this is a good idea....

Before the "Bernie Guys" get in and say how wrong this is...how they'll never vote for Biden because he doesn't listen to him and how Biden is enacting the same policy that Trump would.  

50 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

Joe Biden is costing you guys seats in California. 

Now you are shifting your statement...do you care to look at the seat in question...was it flipped from being held by democrats for decades as you claimed?

Also...any bit of evidence that this had a thing to do with Joe Biden would be nice.  I won't hold my breath.

1 hour ago, squistion said:

Do you have some exit polling from this special election to back up this claim? Your take that Biden was responsible for a Republican winning what had been a traditional Republican district for 20 years prior to 2018 is a not one I have seen from any election observers. 

No I don’t have exit polling. Just can’t think of any other reason why Democrats would lose a seat in California right now than Biden dragging everybody down.

1 hour ago, Thunderlips said:

Before the "Bernie Guys" get in and say how wrong this is...how they'll never vote for Biden because he doesn't listen to him and how Biden is enacting the same policy that Trump would.  

🙄

It's a good start and at least he is acknowledging the left.

Still don't know if I'll vote for him or not (not that it matters really) because his 40 years in office outweighs this, but it's a step in the right direction and I'm glad to see it.

4 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

No I don’t have exit polling. Just can’t think of any other reason why Democrats would lose a seat in California right now than Biden dragging everybody down.

That seat was GOP from 2002-2018, it just shifted Dem briefly.

Joe Biden made the infamous list of 39 Obama associates who unmasked General Flynn. Anybody know why exactly he would do this? 

Last name on the list: Vice President Joseph R. Biden, January 12