Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***Official Joe Biden Campaign Thread

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I live in a swing state. My top two issues in this election are Hunter Biden’s role in the Ukrainian natural gas industry and section 230 of the Communications Decency Act of 1996. I was undecided, bu

I gotta say, the amount of anti-Dems complaining about Biden getting the nomination, is probably a good sign that the Dems picked the right candidate.   Biden carries certain risks - but man

He’ll hate to lose true independents like you. 

1 hour ago, Widbil83 said:

Joe Biden made the infamous list of 39 Obama associates who unmasked General Flynn. Anybody know why exactly he would do this? 

Why he would request to know the name of someone in an investigation?

9 hours ago, squistion said:

Biden and Sanders are forming unity task forces to explore six policy issues: climate change, criminal justice reform, the economy, education, health care and immigration.

Task force members include AOC, John Kerry, Eric Hodler, Pramila Jayapal and more.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/biden-sanders-announce-aoc-kerry-jayapal-chairs-unity/story?id=70654480

Biden said he'd veto M4A if it made it to his desk.  He was the one of the prime architects of mass incarceration.  He pushed NAFTA, Common Core, and oversaw the building of child prison cages.  

The party establishment went out of its way to screw the progressive base of the party- twice!  Now they are pretending they want to meet them in the middle.  They're not fooling anybody.  

Democrats chose Biden despite these atrocious policy disasters, despite the extremely poor favorability among young/under40 voters.  Now they get to lay in bed with him.  

The problems for Biden are wide & varied. As blue states continue to push the shutdown agenda, even in places they could easily open, the party will fall out of favor with many people. You can only hold out for so long. This isn't a zombie virus. The overwhelmingly vast majority of people do fine. Many didn't even know they had it. These disgruntled people don't have to vote Trump for it to be effective for the GOP, although, I suspect there'll be a fair bit of flipping. 

That said, Biden's main problem is he needed Trump removed & that's not happening now.

He's what we call "toast".

Edited by Football Jones
2 minutes ago, Football Jones said:

The problems for Biden are wide & varied. As blue states continue to push the shutdown agenda, even in places they could easily open, the party will fall out of favor with many people. You can only hold out for so long. This isn't a zombie virus. The overwhelmingly vast majority of people do fine. Many didn't even know they had it. These disgruntled people don't have to vote Trump for it to be effective for the GOP, although, I suspect there'll be a fair bit of flipping. 

That said, Biden's main problem is he needed Trump removed & that's not happening now. He's what we call "toast".

Which states are holding off in reopening that have met guidelines?

Just now, sho nuff said:

Which states are holding off in reopening that have met guidelines?

I have no idea. Obviously, COVID-19 is to be taken day-by-day. Guidelines are just that. Common sense should rule the day.

Are you trying to tell me there's not a discord between red/blue states in regards to opening? 

I predicted this a long time ago, but to be fair, I didn't post it in the PF. The Democratic party just can't help themselves. Much like the impeachment nonsense, OPENINGGATE will further distance Trump from whatever dem candidate he faces.

6 minutes ago, Football Jones said:

I have no idea. Obviously, COVID-19 is to be taken day-by-day. Guidelines are just that. Common sense should rule the day.

Are you trying to tell me there's not a discord between red/blue states in regards to opening? 

I predicted this a long time ago, but to be fair, I didn't post it in the PF. The Democratic party just can't help themselves. Much like the impeachment nonsense, OPENINGGATE will further distance Trump from whatever dem candidate he faces.

Im saying that opening and closing isn't a political dem vs Rep issue. No matter how much some of you all want to make it one.

Gallifreyan Jedi @JediofGallifrey

If i could afford it I'd move to a swing state to not vote for joe biden there

He's guaranteed to lose my state by 30-40 pts, i wish my vote that joe biden isn't getting mattered more

3 hours ago, ren hoek said:

He's guaranteed to lose my state by 30-40 pts, i wish my vote that joe biden isn't getting mattered more

I feel the same way (and did so last election) about Donald Trump.  

3 hours ago, ren hoek said:

His most recent tweet:

https://twitter.com/JediofGallifrey/status/1260925969545691137

This is your brain on pretending liberals don't constantly enable fascist policy

Definitely an objective and unbiased voice that one should take seriously. 

• Thanks 1
11 hours ago, Football Jones said:

Oh really?

It's too late. The road is already paved & they'll continue to travel on it.

Really. Minnesota ended the stay at home as of this coming Monday. Things opening up, using caution, social distancing, limiting crowds, etc.

10 hours ago, squistion said:

His most recent tweet:

Definitely an objective and unbiased voice that one should take seriously. 

Just cause he’s biased doesn’t make it not true.  Dems have enabled just about all of Trump’s worst impulses.  I remember when Pelosi gave Trump billions of dollars for new child prison camps with no strings attached and said they’d use it as a “battle cry.”  They don’t push back at all.  

25 minutes ago, ren hoek said:

Just cause he’s biased doesn’t make it not true.  Dems have enabled just about all of Trump’s worst impulses.  I remember when Pelosi gave Trump billions of dollars for new child prison camps with no strings attached and said they’d use it as a “battle cry.”  They don’t push back at all.  

I have no idea what you are talking about. Democrats enabling all of Trump worst impulses? Dude. 

Joe Biden‏ @JoeBiden 16m16 minutes ago

Tonight, @StaceyAbrams and I will be joining @Lawrence for a discussion on combating COVID-19 and how we can ensure everyone can make their voice heard this November. Tune in to

@MSNBC at 10 PM ET to watch live.

:yes:

Biden struggles badly during "virtual roundtable" as gaffes continue to pile up

Presumptive 2020 Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden held a "virtual roundtable" Thursday afternoon where he again struggled badly to communicate as his verbal gaffes continue to pile up.

The roundtable featured Biden along with Michigan Gov. Whitmer, New Jersey Gov. Murphy, and Connecticut Gov. Lamont, discussing the coronavirus pandemic.

Like other recent Biden virtual events, Thursday's was marked by technical hiccups like visual and audio glitches, along with the former vice president getting his tongue tied in knots:

Biden said at the beginning of the event:

"We're ... in the middle of a pandemic that has cost us more than 85,000 jobs as of today. Lives of millions of people. Millions of people. Millions of jobs. You know, and we're in a position where, you know we just got new unemployment insurance, this morning, uh, numbers — 36.5 million claims since this crisis began."

Biden struggles badly during "virtual roundtable" as gaffes continue to pile up

Presumptive 2020 Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden held a "virtual roundtable" Thursday afternoon where he again struggled badly to communicate as his verbal gaffes continue to pile up.

The roundtable featured Biden along with Michigan Gov. Whitmer, New Jersey Gov. Murphy, and Connecticut Gov. Lamont, discussing the coronavirus pandemic.

Like other recent Biden virtual events, Thursday's was marked by technical hiccups like visual and audio glitches, along with the former vice president getting his tongue tied in knots:

Biden said at the beginning of the event:

"We're ... in the middle of a pandemic that has cost us more than 85,000 jobs as of today. Lives of millions of people. Millions of people. Millions of jobs. You know, and we're in a position where, you know we just got new unemployment insurance, this morning, uh, numbers — 36.5 million claims since this crisis began."

Poor Joe

https://twitter.com/TrumpWarRoom/status/1261138059036418048

Joe Biden answers a different question than the one he was asked: 

"I was never a part or had any knowledge of any criminal investigation into Flynn"

Fact check: Biden was part of an Oval Office discussion about Flynn & an unmasking request was made in his name.

What does Biden offer to the American people? His unwillingness to tweet like Trump? Biden is a hollow tree as far as solutions.

The die-hards are going to vote blue, but so what. What does he offer everyone else? Many of the current Democratic party's ideals are not only wrong to me, they're vulgar. As an Independent, if you could give me a JFK-like presence, I'd sit up & take notice. That said, JFK wouldn't be far enough left for today's Dems so he'd be out.

Biden is a nothing-burger & that's the bottom line.

Edited by Football Jones
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, Football Jones said:

What does Biden offer to the American people? His unwillingness to tweet like Trump? Biden is a hollow tree as far as solutions.

The die-hards are going to vote blue, but so what. What does he offer everyone else? The current Democratic party's ideals are not only wrong to me, they're vulgar. As an Independent, if you could give me a JFK-like presence, I'd sit up & take notice. That said, JFK wouldn't be far enough left for today's Dems so he'd be out.

Biden is a nothing-burger & that's the bottom line.

And Ronald Reagan probably wouldn't have a place in the Republican party of today either. 

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

How about normally and properly functioning democratic government.

Yeah, well how's he going to do that? Just show up & be a Democrat?

Biden has got to be one of the top-2 or 3 worst candidates (if not THE worst) in recent memory (non-negotiable).

Zero presence, zero skills, zero everything, & with an extremely sketchy history to boot.

Edited by Football Jones
17 minutes ago, Football Jones said:

Biden has got to be one of the top-2 or 3 worst candidates (if not THE worst) in recent memory (non-negotiable).

Zero presence, zero skills, zero everything, & with an extremely questionable history to boot.

Surrounding himself with competent experienced and qualified people?

Understanding the government both from the legislative standpoint and the executive?

Non-negotiable?  Why?  He has experience in the Senate and as VP...what about him makes him top 2-3 worst?

Especially against Trump...who, despite winning...is by far the worst candidate ever.

Edited by sho nuff
18 minutes ago, Football Jones said:

Zero presence, zero skills, zero everything, & with an extremely sketchy history to boot.

The only one worse than him would be Hillary

2 minutes ago, Football Jones said:

Well I'll just give you one example. By following the Appointments Clause of the US Constitution, by appointing qualified people who are heard and consented to by the Senate. By keeping his nose out of independent agencies. Byu encouraging competence rather than driving out competence.

Here's one example - Trump or his people force out the head of BARDA. He has filed a whsitleblower complaint, which you be abnormal in government. Not only did the head of Barda leave - in the middle of a crisis - but I think the no. 3 was just forced out.

So in the middle of a world crisis and one of the worst America crises since 1900 Trump has lost the head of ODNI (which culls intelligence from China and globally) the head of BARDA, and the no. 3 at BARDA. Also in danger or pushed against, Messonier, Schuchat, Fauci, all medical leadership. - But that's not really the thing. Its' that when asked Trump said he never heard of the head of Barda.

Never heard of him. - It goes 1. Trump -> 2. Sec HHS Azar -> 3. Head of Barda, leading the fight to find a vaccine. But Trump has never heard of him, has no idea who he is.

And I was not speaking of Democrats, I was speaking of democrats. That never used to be an issue in the USA, it is now.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Football Jones said:

We'll take JFK & you can have Reagan.

JFK would in no way be a part of this current GOP.  (not saying Reagan would be a part of the Democratic party either).

3 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Well I'll just give you one example. By following the Appointments Clause of the US Constitution, by appointing qualified people who are heard and consented to by the Senate. By keeping his nose out of independent agencies. Byu encouraging competence rather than driving out competence.

Here's one example - Trump or his people force out the head of BARDA. He has filed a whsitleblower complaint, which you be abnormal in government. Not only did the head of Barda leave - in the middle of a crisis - but I think the no. 3 was just forced out.

So in the middle of a world crisis and one of the worst America crises since 1900 Trump has lost the head of ODNI (which culls intelligence from China and globally) the head of BARDA, and the no. 3 at BARDA. Also in danger or pushed against, Messonier, Schuchat, Fauci, all medical leadership. - But that's not really the thing. Its' that when asked Trump said he never heard of the head of Barda.

Never heard of him. - It goes 1. Trump -> 2. Sec HHS Azar -> 3. Head of Barda, leading the fight to find a vaccine. But Trump has never heard of him, has no idea who he is.

And I was not speaking of Democrats, I was speaking of democrats. That never used to be an issue in the USA, it is now.

10 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Surrounding himself with competent experienced and qualified people?

Understanding the government both from the legislative standpoint and the executive?

Non-negotiable?  Why?  He has experience in the Senate and as VP...what about him makes him top 2-3 worst?

Especially against Trump...who, despite winning...is by far the worst candidate ever.

You’re both just essentially telling me how you or I should run the country.

Biden brings absolutely nothing intangible to the table. He was the best choice among a bad lot.

That’s his claim to fame.

5 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

JFK would in no way be a part of this current GOP.  (not saying Reagan would be a part of the Democratic party either).

Of course JFK would be a Republican. He would have no choice.

You think a guy like JFK would denounce his core beliefs? Come on, LOL.

Edited by Football Jones
3 minutes ago, Football Jones said:

Biden brings absolutely nothing intangible to the table. He was the best choice among a bad lot.

You're not really disagreeing with me here. I mean I'm pointing out that Biden would hopefully run the country like it has been for 200+ years pre-2016 (with some exceptions) and you're telling me there's nothing new.

Yes, that's the point, old, competent, traditionally run, boring government. Please, yes.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Football Jones said:

Im telling you why Biden would do that.

Nothing intangible?  Why do you claim this?  You think Senate experience, VP experience, and a history of competent leadership and hiring competent people isn't what we are saying?

He is far more qualified than Trump even is now with almost 4 years under his belt.

5 minutes ago, Football Jones said:

Of course JFK would be a Republican. He would have no choice.

You think a guy like JFK would denounce his core beliefs? Come on, LOL.

He would have to denounce his core beliefs to be a part of today's GOP.

His work on education, medical care, aid to economically depressed areas, work with the civil rights act....other than his one tax cut...what core beliefs does he have that line up with the current GOP?

20 minutes ago, Football Jones said:

nothing intangible

Just about this.

I consider ideas intangible. To me the ideas at stake here are really core basic ones in the American fabric, bill of rights, the Constitution, democracy, free press, defense of those things abroad, accountability in government, supremacy of the people, Congress, the courts and rule of law, the regulatory structure created by Teddy Roosevelt and civil service reforms by Garfield. That kind of thing.

In terms of Biden's abilities - I rank him ahead, well ahead of Hillary in terms of core political instincts and likeability. He's obviously maybe a mediocre talent considered across the breadth of time but (and I said this during Obama and included him) I think we've been in a swail of American presidency really since Reagan. BUT they, all of them, are miles ahead of what we have right now. If we get out of this we'll be lucky, I view Trump in the Nixon, Hoover, Buchanan, Carter bottom tier and really it''s just our ability to emerge from this disaster (god willing) which will keep him out of that bottom ranking.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, sho nuff said:

He would have to denounce his core beliefs to be a part of today's GOP.

His work on education, medical care, aid to economically depressed areas, work with the civil rights act....other than his one tax cut...what core beliefs does he have that line up with the current GOP?

This is a pointless argument, but it’s well-known JFK would either have to denounce his core beliefs or run red.

The reason is the Democratic party, as we know it today, would not accept JFK. 

He would have zero choice in the matter.

Here’s the bottom line for me...

While I like Trump, mainly for his “re-setting the clock” ability, if you gave me someone I thought could do a better job, I’d damn sure vote for him/her.

Biden just doesn’t cut the mustard. No redeeming qualities & that’s giving him the benefit of the doubt with the character stuff. 

He would be a glorified puppet, & a puppet with the current dynamics in this world, is very dangerous.

Edited by Football Jones
  • Like 1
8 minutes ago, Football Jones said:

This is a pointless argument, but it’s well-known JFK would either have to denounce his core beliefs or run red.

The reason is the Democratic party, as we know it today, would not accept JFK. 

He would have zero choice in the matter.

Which core beliefs...don't make claims you are unwilling to back up.

1 minute ago, Football Jones said:

Nothing is going to satisfy you. NOTHING.

Just admit it & move on. It’s ok. We all get a vote.

Oh you're really wrong about that - and the proof is what I asked you was not complicated. If I wanted something that I wouldn't be happy with I'd ask you about something we might never agree on (though I wouldn't be surprised if you and I agree on a number of conservative issues).

Here's Trump from just yesterday:

And CVS has just committed to establish up to 1000 new coronavirus testing sites by the end of this month. And the 10 millionth will go up very, very rapidly. And don’t forget, we have more cases than anybody in the world, but why? Because we do more testing. When you test, you have a case. When you test, you find something is wrong with people. If we didn’t do any testing, we wouldn’t have very few cases. They don’t want to write that, it’s common sense. So we test much more, many, many times. South Korea you hear about. I spoke with the president of South Korea, spoke with many different presidents, prime ministers. They can’t believe what we’ve been able to do on testing. They can’t believe what we’ve been able to do on ventilators, we’re sending them ventilators.
Other countries, Italy, Spain, other countries, France is having tremendous problems, tremendous problems. We’re helping them with ventilators. They can’t believe the job we’re doing. And it’s not me, it’s the people, all of these people, but it’s the people that are doing it. And they have to be given the proper credit for what they’ve done, because what they did is a miracle. No other country in the world has done what we’ve done.

Honestly, does this make sense to you?

15 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Which core beliefs...don't make claims you are unwilling to back up.

His fierce anti-communism stance, religious devotion, advocacy for low deficits, strong dollar, free trade, free enterprise, tax cuts, individual responsibility, & his stance on the military.

Is that enough for you? 

JFK would be an enemy of the left.

Edited by Football Jones
18 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

South Korea you hear about. I spoke with the president of South Korea, spoke with many different presidents, prime ministers. They can’t believe what we’ve been able to do on testing. They can’t believe what we’ve been able to do on ventilators, we’re sending them ventilators.

@Football Jones

Do you believe this conversation took place? And if so do you think it accurately reflects the discussion that happened?

Edited by SaintsInDome2006