What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Joe Biden Campaign Thread (5 Viewers)

Few things...Biden's comment is dumb, really awful...but hardly actual racism.

Acting as if Trump's racial issues are just the 70s?  Also pretty bad.
Amazing how you can still carry Biden’s bag with after an overtly racist comment, a credible sexual assault claim from his time as a Senator, and obvious mental decline.   

Amazing how you can still carry Biden’s bag with after an overtly racist comment, a credible sexual assault claim from his time as a Senator, and obvious mental decline.   
Well...not much of what you claim is actually true here.  Im also no fan of Biden...just pointing out the flaws in your post.

The Story in Six Swing States

As part of its research into the 2020 Presidential Election, Redfield & Wilton Strategies conducted polls of registered voters in six key states: Arizona, North Carolina, Florida, Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin. All six of these states were won by Donald Trump in 2016. With the exception of Arizona and North Carolina, these states were also won by Barack Obama in 2012. It is highly likely that the result of the 2020 election will be determined by these so-called swing states.
WI: Biden 48% (+10) Trump 38% 

PA: Biden 48% (+9) Trump 39% 

MI: Biden 47% (+8) Trump 39% 

AZ: Biden 45% (+4) Trump 41% 

FLA: Biden 45% (+2) Trump 43% 

NC: Biden 45% (+2) Trump 43%

- There is good stuff for Trump in here. Many are still undecided, Trump has a favorable approval in some states, and he is often considered the favorite to win.

Last edited by a moderator:
Biden’s latest comment is rather similar to many of Trump’s comments in 2016 (and since): he’s saying what a whole lot of his base really think: a black person should be a Democrat, and if you’re black but not a Democrat you’re not really part of the black community. 

Most people don’t want to say this out loud but there’s no denying that it’s a strong  belief among both African-Americans and Democrats and it has forged blacks into by far the most powerful minority group in the country because they vote as a unified bloc. Those who are shocked or outraged by such talk are likely to already be in the conservative or pro-Trump column. I don’t think this will hurt Biden at all.  

Yaknow, the funny thing about Trump's "strategy" of constantly dialing up the noise to data ratio to drown out his own failings is that it also swamps out the sort of hot button issues that ordinarily would have consumed pre-2016 campaigns for weeks which become mere blips or muffled altogether.  It's kind of funny as Trumpists are ever ready  at the barricades.

timschochet said:
Biden’s latest comment is rather similar to many of Trump’s comments in 2016 (and since): he’s saying what a whole lot of his base really think: a black person should be a Democrat, and if you’re black but not a Democrat you’re not really part of the black community. 

Most people don’t want to say this out loud but there’s no denying that it’s a strong  belief among both African-Americans and Democrats and it has forged blacks into by far the most powerful minority group in the country because they vote as a unified bloc. Those who are shocked or outraged by such talk are likely to already be in the conservative or pro-Trump column. I don’t think this will hurt Biden at all.  
The Democrats stopped delivering results for the black community a long time ago IMHO.  Trump did deliver jobs and some reforms. In terms of jobs, illegal immigration reduces wages and employment which disproportionately impacts the black community.  

The Democrats stopped delivering results for the black community a long time ago IMHO.  Trump did deliver jobs and some reforms. In terms of jobs, illegal immigration reduces wages and employment which disproportionately impacts the black community.  
Are you going to cite the Minority Unemployment rate and give Trump credit?  Ignoring the trend of that from well before he took office?

Not going to debate this with you as it’s not relevant to the thread. What IS relevant is this: the vast majority of blacks, based on strong and consistent polling over the years, disagree with you. 

I think the African American voting block is not going to race to the polls to vote for Biden. As he makes more racist and stupid comments he will lose more support.  They’ll just stay home or join Blexit.  
I strongly disagree with you...and the Blexit thing was always far overstated by your little buddy.  They know the alternative...they are smart enough to know his responsibility for the unemployment rate was pretty much nothing.  That block seem to like Joe and are the reason he is the nominee.

I think the African American voting block is not going to race to the polls to vote for Biden. As he makes more racist and stupid comments he will lose more support.  They’ll just stay home or join Blexit.  
Do you truly believe this? Because every poll very consistently suggests the exact opposite of what you wrote. And don’t forget that it’s black voters who basically decided that Joe Biden would be the nominee. He’s their hand picked candidate. 

"If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't Black."

oh its real alright 

Trump's company was guilty of not renting to low income people 40 years ago, that's true .... was is Trump himself though? no ... and Biden said "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't Black." just a few weeks back

timschochet said:

Not one bit.  :coffee:

Can’t we all just agree that nothing matters in the age of Trump and move on?

There have been hundreds of times since 2015 I’ve thought: “Welp that’s it. Trump is finished.” After whatever inane comment of the day. 

Same is going to be true here. Nothing matters. Nothing moves the needle. It’s all baked in. 

If you don't support the guy that eulogized Strom Thurmond, lied about getting arrested to see Nelson Mandela, and wrote the mass incarceration bills that have ruined millions of black people's lives, then you ain't black!  Biden is an arrogant jack###.

I'll be honest though, it really didn't come across as bad in the live interview, which I watched all of, like it comes across in print.  I don't mean to excuse it but you can tell it just doesn't register in Biden's brain as a controversial statement.  Which is still bad in itself, it's an incredibly entitled worldview that holds the black vote hostage to an ancient white man that offers them nothing, but that's just the way he's wired.

Setting that part aside, it was an awful interview.  Biden just comes across like he's yelling at him, it's not a conversation at all.  He raises his voice a lot and looks angry for some reason.  I'm the guy that did this, I'm the guy that did that, blah blah blah!  I come from a state that has the 8th largest black population in the country!  I feel like I'm going crazy watching people endlessly apologize for this guy, he's completely unappealing and selfabsorbed. 

The top comments on that video are a gold mine, looks like it worked out awesome for him.  We'll definitely never see this footage again:

HowE Lee24 minutes ago

This interview gave me the “I have a black friend” vibes vote for me. Smh  

Gregory Ross1 hour ago

I feel like Joe is trying to sell me a 10 year old Maserati with the check engine light on👎🏿

AB the HERO!1 hour ago

The phrase "you ain't black" should never come out a presidential candidates mouth.. especially directed at black folks. They was almost a worse look than the kissing little girl videos.

Chad Ricks1 hour ago

Joe is too cocky as if he is sure he’s going to get the black vote. Smh

Last edited by a moderator:
How does that interview not have its own thread?  :lmao:  Min 5 threads would have been started by now if Trump did this. 

Not going to debate this with you as it’s not relevant to the thread. What IS relevant is this: the vast majority of blacks, based on strong and consistent polling over the years, disagree with you. 
Correct, the black vote for Democrats is assumed and taken for granted by the party. Today though, the assumption was verbalized and flaunted. We'll see if flat out being told their vote is assumed will turn off black voters. It probably won't, but that doesn't mean it's a good idea for Joe Biden to recklessly boast about it.

Remember in 2016 when we were being told principled conservatives were looking past the obvious character flaws in trump because they wanted the judges, the potential Supreme Court openings,  the fiscal policy, the conservatives in the cabinet, etc., etc., etc....

That's where I am at.  I am not excited by Biden.  I cringe every time he has an opportunity to speak.  I just don't know what he could say at this point that would steer my vote away from him.  I will, under no circumstances, vote for trump, and will continue to tell myself I am doing this for the judges, the potential Supreme Court openings, the fiscal policy, the progressives/centrists in the cabinet, etc., etc., etc...

After 2016, the bar was obviously dropped to the floor and cannot go any lower.  It's a shame, makes me sick to be honest, but I'm stuck playing the game that is in front of me.

Have many defended the comment?

I think the talk is more now how much it will really affect him.
I wouldn’t say defend.  I would say downplay and dismiss. It’s tiring really. Anytime a Democrat is criticized, even rightfully so, it turns into Trump did this and this.

This forum is ridiculous. Biden says something that is clearly racist and it gets down played and we are told in fact, it is not racist. And then we go on and on about trump trump trump. 🤣
Few things...how is it racist...dumb, callous even maybe, but racist?

Also...he will be compared to Trump (and even Trump supporters bring him up...a "if Trump said this" type of thing quite often).  It is pretty much Biden vs. Trump...they will be compared and contrasted.  THat isn't just here.

Users who are viewing this thread