What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Masters of the Box - Extra Stuffed Season 1 Finale! (1 Viewer)

hagmania

Footballguy
Episode 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKWgRK39Bug

Episode 2 https://youtu.be/7nng5mt-DrM

Episode 3 https://youtu.be/C6GWbBGhBI4

Cast Interview: Jhinn https://youtu.be/xrCRH97MCxI

Cast Interview: Aoife https://youtu.be/ifnyDC0WHf0

-----------------------------------

I auditioned for and was cast in a webseries, and the Season 1 premiere is set to air this Wednesday!

The marketing push has been non-existent; basically myself and the other cast members just posting on social media. Like I said, non-existent. So... I'm calling in the big dogs here for a little help.

No beating around any boxes* here, we could use channel subscriptions and teaser trailer views more than anything else. Would you watch the following video and then hit the subscribe button for our channel?

Opening Credits Sequence

Now as to what the actual hell is going on here:

This is an actual play D&D webseries with a big twist. All the gameplay is shot and edited down and then actors portray our characters with live action. Jhinn, my character, is played by Denzel Caldwell, an awesome black martial artist. So basically the antithesis of me. But it's still my voice and dialogue that gets used to portray the character. Think an impossibly nerded up "Drunk History," at least that's the aim.

For proof of concept, you can check out the investor pitch below. Bear in mind that this was put together in August and a lot of the ums and uhs will have been edited out for episode 1.

https://youtu.be/b75EbOJANKk

Anyhow, any subs or views are greatly appreciated. Tune in on Wednesdays at 7 PM CT for new episodes!

*Yes, I've heard it all about the name. I have heard it's supposed to harken back to the days when 2nd Edition D&D came in what was called "The Red Box."

Last edited by a moderator:
Watched, thumbs upped, subscribed, commented...

Glad to help out Hags, definitely looking forward to watching - congrats on doing something creative and cool!

I forgot to mention that this thread has been :reported: due to the transparent, shameless, double entendre-esque and titillating title.

I shudder to think what the sequel will be called.

Cool idea, I'll check it out. My gf and I got into dnd with some friends this past year and it's been some of the most fun we've ever had, play every week. 

There's potential for some good humor here. The DM seemed a bit nervous, but that's natural. 

subscribed...played a long time ago and would love to get back into it. 

IMO I think the DM needs a bit more strength behind him if this is going to work. At least edit out his pauses and flubs. 

I'm interested in seeing how you handle the magic and monsters.....is your CGI budget on a GoT level yet? lol

GL man, good to see the old game back. Thanks to Stranger things, my kids think I was some kinda rock star as a kid when I show them all the D&D books I still have. 

subscribed...played a long time ago and would love to get back into it. 

IMO I think the DM needs a bit more strength behind him if this is going to work. At least edit out his pauses and flubs. 

I'm interested in seeing how you handle the magic and monsters.....is your CGI budget on a GoT level yet? lol

GL man, good to see the old game back. Thanks to Stranger things, my kids think I was some kinda rock star as a kid when I show them all the D&D books I still have. 
Based on a preview they had a while back the DM was for sure the weak link. Hopefully he's more smooth in final production.

At this point it will be me, this thread and my mom watching it. Much obliged.
Why are they not trying harder. I think the premise is great. The best part of playing the few times I did was how awesome you were. They are paying a lot for this, why not market it

After days and days and days of spamming celebs that play D&D, I finally got a RT. Pleeeeeeeeeease.

Ember Moon is my favorite Pro Wrestler.
I assume you've spammed it out to all of the usual suspects, like Geek and Sundry, Nerdist, Maximum Fun, etc? 

Hopefully this takes off (whatever that entails) for you.  Live steaming tabletop is pretty hot right now, so I'd say be aggressive rather than not if you guys are really serious about marketing it.  I'll definitely give it a look in just a bit.  Production value of the intro looked pretty tight though.

I'd maybe try spamming "nerd tastemakers" as well, if you haven't. Guys like Patton Oswalt, Brian Posehn, Chris Hardwick, Wil Wheaton, Dan Harmon, et al.  Hell, hit Matt Mercer's feed with it too.  Or any of the McElroy brothers.  TONS of nerds/like minded fans of this stuff will be following those types.

Best of luck with this.  I'm a game dev that loves tabletop games(not just D&D), and like seeing more content created featuring it.

Last edited by a moderator:
The definition of "taking off" for me is to be able to make Season 2, and then 3, and so on. I have no illusions of grandeur beyond wildest dreams type stuff.

I... ummm... yeah. I like d&d too.
Got a little excited there lol. But I kinda stand by it--in terms of goofing off with friends on a friday night, dnd has been up there in terms of fun. I'm almost 30 and have been settled down relationship-wise for almost a decade, the crazy nights out boozing are way in the past. 

@hagmania, how long have you been playing? I seem to remember you talking about tabletop gaming around here for a long time

Got a little excited there lol. But I kinda stand by it--in terms of goofing off with friends on a friday night, dnd has been up there in terms of fun. I'm almost 30 and have been settled down relationship-wise for almost a decade, the crazy nights out boozing are way in the past. 

@hagmania, how long have you been playing? I seem to remember you talking about tabletop gaming around here for a long time
:oldunsure:

my last d&d days in my 20s involved a lot of hooch and smoke. and yeah- lots of fun. 

Only been playing tabletop RPGs since 5E's release. However been playing heavy-style board games since at least my senior year of high school, so 2005.

Only been playing tabletop RPGs since 5E's release. However been playing heavy-style board games since at least my senior year of high school, so 2005.

We got into both in the last year or two: 5e of course and then Arkham Horror/Gloomhaven for serious board games. Good stuff. Is this show gonna be one of the "official" written adventures, or is the DM doing his own thing? 

We got into both in the last year or two: 5e of course and then Arkham Horror/Gloomhaven for serious board games. Good stuff. Is this show gonna be one of the "official" written adventures, or is the DM doing his own thing? 
Kevin, our DM, was handed a module written by the producer and supposedly made quite a few edits to make it workable for 5E.

Every DM I've ever run into is a Kevin.
Never run into a Kevin yet.

Multiple Nathan's though.

El Floppo said:
:oldunsure:

my last d&d days in my 20s involved a lot of hooch and smoke. and yeah- lots of fun. 
But what about what we REALLY wanna know? How many scarves?

(Actually, now the scarves kinda make sense.  You're basically cosplaying without getting called out on it, aren't you Mr. Bond?)

Users who are viewing this thread