What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** 2019 Cakeleeg - Standings update? (1 Viewer)

I forget why we are even trying to contact him 

Edit: oh yea our stupid trade :lmao:  

Last edited by a moderator:
Called his hospital room.  He’s no longer in there.  Current patient has no clue who he is.  

I know the jokes were funny when he was here to partake, but can we please stop now?

Called his hospital room.  He’s no longer in there.  Current patient has no clue who he is.  

I know the jokes were funny when he was here to partake, but can we please stop now?
I don't think we're joking here.  Don't get me wrong,  I love the guy, great enthusiasm.  But having him play this year was an absolute joke that I was 110% against for this very reason. 

Look, talking about life and death vs. magic baseball is admittedly stupid, but having a guy draft teams and never make a move or set a lineup isn't fair to everyone else.  I understand that things come up, but we knew this in advance. 

That said, I am hopeful he is just out of pocket, but maybe we can search that FBG thread where he named a family that was helping him and find out if Gary is ok.

Most of us are emotionally bankrupt so making jokes is the only way we know how to deal with a good guy maybe not being with us anymore. 

I really really hope he’s ok. Everybody here feels the same. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking to make some trades. Have sent out a few feelers, but willing to listen to anyone who wants some #buttstuff.

If you know his name and county he lives in it’s probably pretty easy to figure this out. Assuming hospital is in same county. 

Obviously we are all hoping for the best for our buddy here, but in the interest of competitive fairness for all, we should probably have our commish go in and make a lineup adjustment so he's fielding his best team.  I wouldn't suggest this be done daily, but a weekly tweak shouldn't take too long until or unless SoCal emerges to take back over.  As X says, it's not good for the league to have a team that's inactive.  

Hope that doesn't sound crass or self serving, but I think it's in our best interest.  I mean, there's not an insignificant amount of money at stake here. 

Obviously we are all hoping for the best for our buddy here, but in the interest of competitive fairness for all, we should probably have our commish go in and make a lineup adjustment so he's fielding his best team.  I wouldn't suggest this be done daily, but a weekly tweak shouldn't take too long until or unless SoCal emerges to take back over.  As X says, it's not good for the league to have a team that's inactive.  

Hope that doesn't sound crass or self serving, but I think it's in our best interest.  I mean, there's not an insignificant amount of money at stake here. 
I would agree. It’s not crass. Crass would be waiving his best players and letting everybody have at it. Setting a basic lineup is more than ok. 

can we get access for maybe another person?  lots of guys around here would love to run a free team until socal resurfaces.

I don't really think it matters, since it affects all other owners equally.  It's not like we are playing H2H.  I'd rather assign a co-owner who is not already in the league, though.

I don't really think it matters, since it affects all other owners equally.  It's not like we are playing H2H.  I'd rather assign a co-owner who is not already in the league, though.
I doubt you can assign a co-owner in yahoo. Maybe, I’ve never had to do it. I do know you can change his lineup though. 

I wouldn't suggest making daily lineup decisions, but just making sure he doesn’t have any empty roster/lineup spots and is getting innings. I guess that is making decisions now that I typed it out but not sure what else can be done. 

Rodg12 is assigning Eephus to SoCal's team in RodZA.  Can we do something similar here?  I just don't like having a dead team.  Gotta be a Pie nerd who would run this for free for him.

Users who are viewing this thread