What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mom speaks out against Delta Air Lines passenger who allegedly fat-shamed her during flight (1 Viewer)

boots11234

Footballguy
Story here.

So is it just me or do others get a bit worried when a large (whether muscled, fat, or just big) man or woman is coming down the and you have an open seat next to you.  I absolutely hope they don't sit by me.  This woman is upset at the man for texting someone saying a 2 ton woman is sitting next to him.

“You referred to me as a ‘2-ton woman.’ You told your friend soon as I boarded and you saw me that it was ‘not good.’ When I confronted you saying ‘I am not two tons but I did just have a baby,’ you sighed and got up to use the bathroom then quietly asked the flight attendant for a different seat.”

Why is she reading someone else's private message to begin with?

She goes on:  “I do not need your validation. So why am I posting? To call you out. Because I do not exist to please you. Because I will take up as much space as I want. Because even when confronted you did not think you were in the wrong, that you did not need to apologize,” the letter read, Yahoo reported.

UMMMMM...No you DONT get to take up as much space as you want.  You get to take up as much space as you paid for, which isn't the seat next to you.  Flying is bad as is, I do not want to have to share the space I paid for with you or anyone else.

I don't understand this womans mentality.  Great she had a kid.  Good for her.  Lots of women do.  That does not mean I have to pay for her to slob all over me in my seat.  Airlines need to enforce their policies about large folks so this does not happen.

I absolutely wouldn't be ashamed or feel the need to apologize if Im that guy.  Am I wrong?

He could have gone about it better, but she shouldn't be reading his texts. 

Had he just asked to move would she still feel shamed?  Or was it the fact that he he was talking behind her back?

If he was uncomfortable sitting next to her, I don't see a problem in asking for a new seat.

I think it's a reach to call it fat shaming if he was only sending a text. And who knows if he'd have asked for another seat if she hadn't read his text and called him out on it first. 

That said, I just saw the photos, and I really expected her to be fatter and him to be thinner. 

I think it's a reach to call it fat shaming if he was only sending a text. And who knows if he'd have asked for another seat if she hadn't read his text and called him out on it first. 

That said, I just saw the photos, and I really expected her to be fatter and him to be thinner. 
Agree.  She was big but not THAT big and he was not skinny mini.

UMMMMM...No you DONT get to take up as much space as you want.  You get to take up as much space as you paid for, which isn't the seat next to you.  Flying is bad as is, I do not want to have to share the space I paid for with you or anyone else.

I don't understand this womans mentality.  Great she had a kid.  Good for her.  Lots of women do.  That does not mean I have to pay for her to slob all over me in my seat.  Airlines need to enforce their policies about large folks so this does not happen.
She doesn’t look anywhere big enough that she would slob all over you in your seat or trigger airline policies regarding larger passengers. 

Are Fox News links  like computer aids for anyone else?
FoxNews links: computer aids :: FoxNews content: brain aids

can we find a different link so I can read about the overweight lady and not destroy my computer and/or brain? Thanks

A

She shamed herself by reading his text and then going public.
And then takes a picture of this guy and puts it online. Rude. 

You are big lady.  Sorry if people don’t want to sit by you. Flying sucks. Can you not see it from his point of view?  He doesn’t want your unshaven armpit in his face for three hours. 

And while im at it, why arnt you at home taking care of your newborn?  You’re a terrible mom. 

Last edited by a moderator:
She shamed herself by reading his text and then going public.
So, its not super easy to read someone elses texts without making an effort.  If i'm writing something nasty about someone else, I sure as #### am not putting my screen in a position to be read.  Feels like he either was looking for a fight or she is making this up.

Edit:  Didnt know she actually posting his picture, makes me think she really did see his text.

Her most recent tweet from 2hrs ago:

For a yummy low key brunch, with kiddos in tow, nothing beats 5 Napkin Burger. Especially if you are celebrating a birthday girl... 

All the waffles. 

All the bacon. 

All the bottomless… instagram.com/p/BtJkpuMAz2h/…

He didn’t fat shame her and requesting another seat was his best course of action when she decided to create a confrontation.

If she doesn’t like people noticing she’s fat she should do something about being fat.

He didn’t fat shame her and requesting another seat was his best course of action when she decided to create a confrontation.

If she doesn’t like people noticing she’s fat she should do something about being fat.
Spot on.  Guarantee that I've sent similar texts about fat people sitting next to me -- male or female.

How was he wrong?  It sounds like he said nothing to her directly, and only asked for a change of seat after she confronted him and made an issue out of it.  It's not his fault that she eavesdropped on his personal texting conversation. 
Be a nice person. Treat people with respect and this incident never happens.

Screw that, I had a guy that was 5 bills in the middle seat one time.  I was forced to basically sit in the aisle and got hit with the cart up and down.  If you can’t buckle the seatbelt as is, you buy another seat. 

Edit: thought this was about a different story I heard on the radio earlier where some lady forced herself into one seat but needed the extender.  This story just seems like two self absorbed people wanting attention. 

Fat shaming would have been him flying all over in his seat everytime she took a step down the aisle.  Texting a friend that a porker is coming down the aisle and you're going to be uncomfortable because you're sitting next to her isn't fat shaming.  

Be a nice person. Treat people with respect and this incident never happens.
I agree.  How did he directly treat her with disrespect?  A private texting conversation is nobody's business but his and the person he was texting.  I am sure if he had known she was going to be nosy and invade his personal space by reading his phone without his consent, he wouldn't have texted what he did. 

I've been on flights coming home from Vegas where I haven't been the ideal odor.  If the person next to me texted their buddy 'get a load of Stink-O McGee', I wouldn't be offended. 

Wasn't there a story about Kevin Smitha few years ago buying 2 seats because of his size, but the airline wouldn't let him occupy both? They resold the second seat to another passenger.

I looked at the picture and she is not that big. Basically looks the same size as the guy. 
I mean, she’s not tiny.  She’s not so big that she would get stares or anything, but saying “she’s not that big” says a lot about our society I suppose. She’s a legit “obese” and not in a “BMI doesn’t calculate muscle mass properly” kind of way. 

I mean, she’s not tiny.  She’s not so big that she would get stares or anything, but saying “she’s not that big” says a lot about our society I suppose. She’s a legit “obese” and not in a “BMI doesn’t calculate muscle mass properly” kind of way. 
She’s heavy but no way does she need two seats. That’s ridiculous. 

He legit looks as big as she does. 

I haven’t seen a picture of him. I’m not saying she needs two seats either, the portion I said earlier was about a story I heard on the radio earlier, just assumed it was the same one. 

The guy could have handled it better and not been an #######, I just don’t think it’s necessarily appropriate to call her “not that big.”

I would bet she is a pretty large woman. One photo of each that is selected by the woman is not a fair reference. 

Probably an objects in mirror are closer than they appear kind of thing. 

Agree but figured she was clearly a two seat person. That does not appear to be the case. Though the picture of her could be self selected to hide truth. 

I would bet she is a pretty large woman. One photo of each that is selected by the woman is not a fair reference. 

Maybe but she would have to be significantly bigger than the pic I saw for her to be a two-seater. 

I mean for two-seats don’t you have to be like 350 pounds? 

Her picture looks like it was taken in a public restroom, probably at the airport. It’s not like she posted some airbrushed glamour shot. 

She's big boned 

Users who are viewing this thread