What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Devin Singletary, NYG (2 Viewers)

Anyone think flexing him over AJones is a good decision? I can't seem to bring myself to do it. 

Anyone think flexing him over AJones is a good decision? I can't seem to bring myself to do it. 
I’m starting Singletary over both Montgomery & Latavius Murray. 

Jones is tricky but MIN as a matchup has bust written allllll over it. 

i'm considering him over Michel at FLEX. NYG has good match-up written all over it. So does Miami, but who knows what battering ram the Pats will use on that door.

Yes, I have Elliott and Jacobs in that league, too.

I'm loaded at RB in one league, at WR, ehhh...not so much.

But Singletary...definitely a consideration where I have him. 

i'm considering him over Michel at FLEX. NYG has good match-up written all over it. So does Miami, but who knows what battering ram the Pats will use on that door.
Strongly considering the same for my RB2.

Game script on paper seems to favor a lot of Michel, but I don’t trust (1) paper game scripts and (2) Belichick. And not necessarily in that order.

Last edited by a moderator:

Game script on paper seems to favor a lot of Michel, but I don’t trust (1) paper game scripts and (2) Belichick. And not necessarily in that order.
It's really tough to trust Michel in such a potential walk. We could get a healthy dose of Burkhead again. Michel certainly is a worthy back to have drafted, it's just that NE turned out so dominant that we won't know what's up until Week Eight. 

Trying to trade for him in the one league I don't have him. Definitely the last week to get him at a decent price.

Trying to trade for him in the one league I don't have him. Definitely the last week to get him at a decent price.
I think if you're anywhere near this board -- or an owner looking at the stats -- that the ship of trading value has sailed. You're going to pay that premium baked into the price. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw him traded for alshon Jeffery in a dynasty and, honestly, I think it's a push, despite the age, etc.  The bills are just one of those teams that seem like you can't count on to put a 3-5 year commitment into a RB who becomes a perennial top 10 guy.  Even when they had a younger Shady, they couldn't put the pieces around him to have a handful of stud years...but who knows?  Three years from. Ow, he might be the foundation for the team.  

i would expect Burkhead to get more than Michel but I don't follow their rotation closely.

Devin Singletary rushed six times for 57 yards and a touchdown in Sunday's game against the Giants before departing with a hamstring injury.

Singletary was not targeted in the passing game. His hamstring injury came midway through the fourth quarter, and he was ruled out late. Singletary stayed on the sideline with his helmet, suggesting a minor injury. His status will be updated Sunday evening or Monday. Singletary once again was the Bills' most explosive running back — by far — though he was out-snapped and decisively out-touched by Frank Gore. For his 14-yard score, Singletary was motioned out, found the edge and got a caravan of blockers. If Singletary is healthy to play, he will have a plus Week 3 home matchup in the Bengals.

Sep 15, 2019, 4:11 PM ET

I'm surprised there isn't more chatter in this thread.

Devin Singletary rushed six times for 57 yards and a touchdown in Sunday's game against the Giants before departing with a hamstring injury.

Singletary was not targeted in the passing game. His hamstring injury came midway through the fourth quarter, and he was ruled out late. Singletary stayed on the sideline with his helmet, suggesting a minor injury. His status will be updated Sunday evening or Monday. Singletary once again was the Bills' most explosive running back — by far — though he was out-snapped and decisively out-touched by Frank Gore. For his 14-yard score, Singletary was motioned out, found the edge and got a caravan of blockers. If Singletary is healthy enough to play, he will have a plus Week 3 home matchup in the Bengals.
Information concerning the injury from ESPN reporter assigned to cover the Buffalo Bills:

looked like a cramp or something minor. We'll know more tomorrow afternoon https://t.co/NE0qAZAAKn— Marcel Louis-Jacques (@Marcel_LJ)September 15, 2019

I'm surprised there isn't more chatter in this thread.

Well this week really wasn't what people were looking for.  He had a TD which was nice, but I think most of us were hoping/expecting him to come out and work as the lead back this week and that clearly was not the case.

Well this week really wasn't what people were looking for.  He had a TD which was nice, but I think most of us were hoping/expecting him to come out and work as the lead back this week and that clearly was not the case.
Haven't seen either game... could it be the rookie/blitz pick-up issue that needs more time to develop?

One thing to add is that Gore is getting the ball when they're trying to close out games, and around the goal line.  I get the sense that the coaching staff sees Gore as the reliable veteran who isn't going to do anything stupid, like lose yardage or put the ball on the turf, and that's taking priority at high-stakes moments. 

Maddy Glab @MadGlab

McDermott injury update: Taron Johnson and Andre Roberts both improving. Devin Singletary is day-to-day as team is still gathering information.

It'll slowly happen. Most got him as bench depth. He's got weekly flex appeal matchup dependent and trending toward RB2 status.  It's week 2, he's going to learn from Gore, and when he's on the field the touches will come.

It was frustrating enough seeing him so under-utilized in that game, that late game injury was jus the cherry on top. Hopefully he's fine or only misses a week or 2. Only a matter of time before he forces McDermott to use him more. 

Rotoworld:

Bills RB Devin Singletary (hamstring) is considered day to day.

The Bills are reportedly still gathering information on Singletary's hamstring issue. This setback certainly won't help him separate in a backfield that's been dominated by Frank Gore from a touch standpoint. Overall, Singletary (10 carries, six targets) hasn't received nearly as many opportunities as Gore (30 carries, two targets) despite playing more snaps. Look for T.J. Yeldon to take the bulk of Singletary's reps if the rookie is ultimately forced to miss game time.

SOURCE: Marcel Louis-Jacques on Twitter.

Sep 16, 2019, 4:13 PM ET

One thing to add is that Gore is getting the ball when they're trying to close out games, and around the goal line.  I get the sense that the coaching staff sees Gore as the reliable veteran who isn't going to do anything stupid, like lose yardage or put the ball on the turf, and that's taking priority at high-stakes moments. 
Astute observation. this is as much about salting away a victory when you're ahead as it is keeping your mercurial QB from hurting your team. this is not an indictment of Allen at but smart coaching. 

Agreed. Sounds a bit ominous.
 Yup...totally agree...me thinks the Bills dont' want to say #### yet because I'm betting they are a little nervous and they want to double and triple check  to make sure.

That injury yesterday didn't look like no cramp  nor a hamstring from my non doctor eyes. Looked like something to do with his knee. Hopefully something minor.

Even as a Jet fan still butt sore from last Sunday, I can appreciate the skills on that dude...he can ball and I'd bet he'll likely end up pretty soon a Top 20 fantasy back as well maybe even top 15 if McDermott let him loose.

Yup...totally agree...me thinks the Bills dont' want to say #### yet because I'm betting they are a little nervous and they want to double and triple check  to make sure.

That injury yesterday didn't look like no cramp  nor a hamstring from my non doctor eyes. Looked like something to do with his knee. Hopefully something minor.

Even as a Jet fan still butt sore from last Sunday, I can appreciate the skills on that dude...he can ball and I'd bet he'll likely end up pretty soon a Top 20 fantasy back as well maybe even top 15 if McDermott let him loose.
It was definitely a hammy issue. Whether it cramped or he pulled it is the question, imo. 

Devin Singletary (hamstring) is not practicing Wednesday.

Coach Sean McDermott wouldn't provide details, simply labeling Singletary as day to day. We're all day to day. Singletary's strain isn't believed to be too serious, but his status for Week 3 against the visiting Bengals is uncertain. If Singletary misses, Frank Gore is start-able as an RB3/FLEX as a six-point home favorite.

RELATED: 

Frank Gore

SOURCE: ESPN.com

Sep 18, 2019, 11:57 AM ET

Devin Singletary (hamstring) has been ruled out for Week 3.

This was expected after Singletary missed practice all week. Frank Gore will start, but T.J. Yeldon will have an expanded role with Singletary sidelined. Singletary's hamstring strain is of the lower-grade variety. There's hope he'll only end up sitting one game.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Sep 20, 2019, 12:50 PM ET

Roto always supposes these things. Who is reporting it's of a lower-grade variety? Some guy and his laptop? When it happened, I thought, "he popped that." Dr. Jene Bramel thought the non-contact aspect of it made it look bad, too. I'm no doctor but being out until the BYE wouldn't stun me, even though it's at least two weeks away from this coming Sunday. You've got Cincinnati this Sunday, then New England and Tennesee, and then a bye.

Roto always supposes these things. Who is reporting it's of a lower-grade variety? Some guy and his laptop? When it happened, I thought, "he popped that." Dr. Jene Bramel thought the non-contact aspect of it made it look bad, too. I'm no doctor but being out until the BYE wouldn't stun me, even though it's at least two weeks away from this coming Sunday. You've got Cincinnati this Sunday, then New England and Tennesee, and then a bye.
Most hammy injuries are non-contact. 

Most hammy injuries are non-contact. 
Yeah, I know. Bad wording. It's certainly not the dreaded knee no-contact injury. I get what you're saying. But the way he limped in play to the sideline was like a pop cork went off or something.

It didn't look good. It looked like when a true sprinter pulls a muscle and it takes a loooooong time in recovery. 

Yeah, I know. Bad wording. It's certainly not the dreaded knee no-contact injury. I get what you're saying. But the way he limped in play to the sideline was like a pop cork went off or something.

It didn't look good. It looked like when a true sprinter pulls a muscle and it takes a loooooong time in recovery. 
When a guy pulls up limp and grabs his hammy, the odds are he pulled his hammy. Unless he's on the ground writhing in pain or something, I don't see any reason to assume the worst on a play that looked identical to any other guy pulling a muscle. In fact, I even wondered if it was a cramp at the time. I didn't look bad by any means. 

When a guy pulls up limp and grabs his hammy, the odds are he pulled his hammy. Unless he's on the ground writhing in pain or something, I don't see any reason to assume the worst on a play that looked identical to any other guy pulling a muscle. In fact, I even wondered if it was a cramp at the time. I didn't look bad by any means. 
Okay. :shrugs:

I'm guessing he misses this week and maybe even next week as well. Bills training staff seems to be extra conservative with everything this year.

I'm fine with him missing this week if he's not 100%.  The Bills need him back for Tennessee -- not much sense in rushing him back to participate in a near-certain loss.

Users who are viewing this thread