What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Do you approve or disapprove of the way Donald Trump is handling his job as president? 2/8/19 (1 Viewer)

Do you approve or disapprove of the way Donald Trump is handling his job as president?

• Approve

Votes: 17 12.1%
  • Disapprove

Votes: 123 87.9%

• Total voters
Whoa!  Looks like Putin is a registered member here.  Probably one too many vodkas one night and he type FBG instead of KGB.

He's doing about how I expected (poorly). Crazy as it might sound, it could definitely be worse. I have concerns that if his approval numbers crater he'll concoct a war.

Last edited by a moderator:
2nd best President in my lifetime behind Reagan.
Reagan is spinning in his grave at the comparison.

Do you honestly think Trump would ever stand up to Putin and deliver anything close to the classic line of "Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"

I have never been much of a Trump guy but I have to admit when it comes to foreign policy President Trump ranks at least 45th amongst all our Presidents. So going with your gut vs your intelligence agencies and Generals isn't such a bad idea is it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Serious answer here is I think he's broken through the "worst American President in history" segment and should start to be compared to worst world leaders in history.

As unfit for office as anyone in history.  The man is a thieving lying narcissist and the manifestation of everything wrong with America.  
This is basically where I stand.  I disapprove of him as a person, so of course I disapprove of the job he's doing. 

I have never been much of a Trump guy but I have to admit when it comes to foreign policy President Trump ranks at least 45th amongst all our Presidents. So going with your gut vs your intelligence agencies and Generals isn't such a bad idea is it?
Wait, so were back to deferring to the guys wearing all the medals? It's hard to keep up. I thought they were evil war mongers whose only objective was to keep the war machine humming. I didn't get the memo that they're to be trusted to have everyone's best interests at heart. Got it.

I have never been much of a Trump guy but I have to admit when it comes to foreign policy President Trump ranks at least 45th amongst all our Presidents.
I don’t know exactly where I’d rank him, but certainly no lower than 44th. (I don’t think it makes sense to count Grover Cleveland twice if we’re not also going to count, say, FDR multiple times.)

He didn’t compare them he just said 2nd to Reagan. 
You can't say he is 2nd to Reagan without comparing him to Bush, Clinton, Bush, Obama and Trump, particularly after saying Obama was the worst. How can you rank the Presidents without a comparison?

You can't say he is 2nd to Reagan without comparing him to Bush, Clinton, Bush, Obama and Trump, particularly after saying Obama was the worst. How can you rank the Presidents without a comparison?
So he compared him to Reagan unfavorably. I think Reagan would be okay with that. It’s Bush, Clinton, et al. who may be spinning in their beds.

I cannot wait until we have a new President. It's a joke this guy was elected in the first place. That's not to say that it's hard to understand why he was elected. Americans had 2 terrible choices and a guy who otherwise would have no chance won because he was different. "Different" being a gross understatement. That being said, as much as someone may hate him, as much as someone may hate the idea of him as our President, it doesn't mean that every direction he's taken us in has been wrong. What happened to wanting to get our troops home? What happened to wanting us to stop being the world's police? Weren't these democratic principles? Now Liberals want the US to stay in all these wars and conflicts? Is that just disagreeing to disagree? The answer is Yes. If Obama was setting a deadline to get out of a war or conflict he'd be praised. Oh, that's right, he did and he was. Can we at least try not to be hypocrites? It's the first step on a very long road to fixing our system. Disagreeing just to disagree is getting us nowhere. Some things are working. Criminal justice reform was a good step wasn't it? Some things this clown has done have been for the nation's betterment. Let's lock those things in, bring in someone else and fix some other broken things. But to go extreme the other way is just spinning our wheels.

I cannot wait until we have a new President. It's a joke this guy was elected in the first place. That's not to say that it's hard to understand why he was elected. Americans had 2 terrible choices and a guy who otherwise would have no chance won because he was different. "Different" being a gross understatement. That being said, as much as someone may hate him, as much as someone may hate the idea of him as our President, it doesn't mean that every direction he's taken us in has been wrong. What happened to wanting to get our troops home? What happened to wanting us to stop being the world's police? Weren't these democratic principles? Now Liberals want the US to stay in all these wars and conflicts? Is that just disagreeing to disagree? The answer is Yes. If Obama was setting a deadline to get out of a war or conflict he'd be praised. Oh, that's right, he did and he was. Can we at least try not to be hypocrites? It's the first step on a very long road to fixing our system. Disagreeing just to disagree is getting us nowhere. Some things are working. Criminal justice reform was a good step wasn't it? Some things this clown has done have been for the nation's betterment. Let's lock those things in, bring in someone else and fix some other broken things. But to go extreme the other way is just spinning our wheels.
Its not that people want to stay in wars...its that we want him to listen to people who know what they are talking about rather than just doing things and announcing things willy nilly as if he knows better.  Then having to walk it back time and time again.

Criminal Justice reform was good (it was likely mentioned in the silver lining thread)...it also had little to do with Trump other than him putting big black marker to paper and signing his name.

Wait, so were back to deferring to the guys wearing all the medals? It's hard to keep up. I thought they were evil war mongers whose only objective was to keep the war machine humming. I didn't get the memo that they're to be trusted to have everyone's best interests at heart. Got it.
Out of all the ridiculous flip flops for Democrats in the age of Trump, suddenly being a full fledged supporter of endless wars and wanting to stay in Afghanistan and Syria indefinitely is the best.  In an alternate universe where Bernie wasn’t cheated out of the Democrat primary and became President with the same foreign policy Democrats would love it.  Throw in bipartisan prison reform and slapping a bunch of tariffs on countries, these same Democrats would saying Bernie is on his way to being the best President since FDR!

Its not that people want to stay in wars...its that we want him to listen to people who know what they are talking about rather than just doing things and announcing things willy nilly as if he knows better.  Then having to walk it back time and time again.

Criminal Justice reform was good (it was likely mentioned in the silver lining thread)...it also had little to do with Trump other than him putting big black marker to paper and signing his name.
Weren't those people in the "know" the same evil war mongers telling Obama the same things a few years ago? And weren't they then considered by Dems to be people the President should ignore. Why yes, as a matter of fact they were.

So which is it? Should we pull out or not? Or is the answer dependent on whether the President has a "D" or an "R" next to his or her name?

Out of all the ridiculous flip flops for Democrats in the age of Trump, suddenly being a full fledged supporter of endless wars and wanting to stay in Afghanistan and Syria indefinitely is the best.  In an alternate universe where Bernie wasn’t cheated out of the Democrat primary and became President with the same foreign policy Democrats would love it.  Throw in bipartisan prison reform and slapping a bunch of tariffs on countries, these same Democrats would saying Bernie is on his way to being the best President since FDR!
That again is not what democrats are saying...its not about endless wars.

You should try reading what democrats are actually saying...and even republicans.

Weren't those people in the "know" the same evil war mongers telling Obama the same things a few years ago? And weren't they then considered by Dems to be people the President should ignore. Why yes, as a matter of fact they were.

So which is it? Should we pull out or not? Or is the answer dependent on whether the President has a "D" or an "R" next to his or her name?
Please link to where democrats said they should all ignore everything these men said? Rather than just making wild claims like this.

Please link to where democrats said they should all ignore everything these men said? Rather than just making wild claims like this.
Gimme a break. You know darn well that Republicans and top Generals screamed that setting a deadline to pull out of Iraq was dangerous and the Dems came to Obama's defense painting the Generals as war mongers. Don't play this "naive" game. Now in the exact same scenario, Dems are taking the exact opposite role. Do they want the US out of these conflicts all over the globe or not? Or is it simply a matter of being opposite of the President? Can someone here just be honest?

We just did this exercise in futility where we try to claim this time is different with the wall debate. Remember just a few short weeks ago where we dug up all those clips of Dems talking about needing a wall, calling border crossers illegal aliens, how these people undercut wages for hard working Americans, etc. If you need proof of the hypocrisy, it's out there. It's pretty sad if proof is needed though. C'mon.

Gimme a break. You know darn well that Republicans and top Generals screamed that setting a deadline to pull out of Iraq was dangerous and the Dems came to Obama's defense painting the Generals as war mongers. Don't play this "naive" game. Now in the exact same scenario, Dems are taking the exact opposite role. Do they want the US out of these conflicts all over the globe or not? Or is it simply a matter of being opposite of the President? Can someone here just be honest?
Please link to it rather than making your claims about this war monger crap.  I will play the game of your posting does not exactly lead itself to being more than partisan, so I won't just accept your wild claims as gospel.

In addition, Obama didn't just act on his own then...the withdrawal was actually set by Bush and Iraq would not agree to a new SOFA

Try reading here...

https://www.justsecurity.org/61991/false-comparisons-obamas-military-withdrawal-iraq-trumps-syria-disengagement/

We just did this exercise in futility where we try to claim this time is different with the wall debate. Remember just a few short weeks ago where we dug up all those clips of Dems talking about needing a wall, calling border crossers illegal aliens, how these people undercut wages for hard working Americans, etc. If you need proof of the hypocrisy, it's out there. It's pretty sad if proof is needed though. C'mon.
You mean when people dug up quotes that were easily refuted as not the same as a wall?

Yeah, it was a bad look then too when you made bad comparisons.  You should probably stop doing that.

Joe was careful to provide a date for his poll. So based on that I have a question for those who say they approve: did you think the government shutdown was a good idea? 

Lets examine the facts objectively: President Trump demanded a wall across all or most of our southern border. Because the Democrats did not include money for this in their continuing resolution, Trump refused to agree to it, and the government was shut down for 45 days. At the end of those 45 days Trump agreed to lift the shutdown without gaining any concessions from the Democrats. 

Would you call this good governing? Do you think President Trump handled this situation correctly? 

The thing I disapprove of the most is all the selling out of America, and American policy to the benefit of Russia for his own personal gain.

The thing I disapprove of the most is all the selling out of America, and American policy to the benefit of Russia for his own personal gain.
To be fair, the only thing we know he got from the Russians is the continued secrecy of the pee tape

#thetapeexists

Users who are viewing this thread