What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Would you leave your spouse if they asked you to stop drinking? (1 Viewer)

Would you leave your spouse?

• Yes

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • No

Votes: 65 90.3%

• Total voters

KCitons

Footballguy
Spin off of other thread. 

Your spouse does not like that you drink alcohol. Is this a deal breaker?

Probably no in any situation, but I would be a helluva lot closer in a situation like the other thread where I am getting yelled at for having 1 drink on a Thursday night.

I mean, yes. But unless I develop into an alcoholic it will never happen. 

Broke up with a girlfriend when I was 19 that made this demand. She suddenly had a religious awakening and wanted something different. We had a good relationship, but it was clear that was the end and we were to go our separate ways. Surprisingly amicable and split without much incident. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Stuff like this is really why I never got married. But my serious girlfriends all drank, so I don't think I can really comment with any sort of experience about what it would be like. 

This is so foreign to me it is hard to comment.  If I am cutting the lawn on any hot summer night and sweating my wife would say "Baby..how about a cold beer?"
This is my wife most of the time, but sometimes she has those days where every mistake or perceived mistake I have ever made seems to be fair game.

I would put a complaint about my occasional drinking in the latter bucket.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stuff like this is really why I never got married. But my serious girlfriends all drank, so I don't think I can really comment with any sort of experience about what it would be like. 
Different issue, but i never got being in someone's purse. Very common these days. Women have civilized me, but no one woman would dare try.

I picture you as a man who appreciates a good stiff drink while talking to other raconteurs.  
Do i smoke a pipe?

On the very rare occasions when i can be found in public, i'm usually trying to make a lady giggle. One could say i like easy targets, but it's actually that making women & children laugh is the only worthwhile human interaction anymore. Not collegial at all, never hang w men unless sports is involved. Though i purely do love knocking it around y'all in this format.

And, when i celebrated my late wife's b'day last weekend by getting swacked on her favorite libation, it was the 1st time i'd been drunk since her previous b'day. Used to drink quite a bit, but only problematically when i was using it to level out a prodigious amount of inhalants.

Might as well ask me if I would leave my wife if I shot unicorn that was pooping bunnies that were shooting rainbow farts out of their rears. Both are as likely to occur.

Yes, because it would both mean she is a giant hypocrite and likely undergoing some sort of crazy personality change that I want nothing to do with.  

My aunt left my uncle over his drinking. It was so sad. Waited for the kids to be 18. Then the year the Steelers won their wild card game he passed out in the snow. Neighbor found him the next morning. He’s fine. Almost died or lost a few fingers. 

What if I asked her to stop drinking.. like every night... seriously....
Sorry to hear. I don't want underestimate your issues. I think everyone agrees, if it's a problem, then something must change.

This thread was a spin off of another. The OP in that thread rarely drinks. But, his wife doesn't like it. I don't think you're in the same situation.

Best of luck to you. 

Sorry to hear. I don't want underestimate your issues. I think everyone agrees, if it's a problem, then something must change.

This thread was a spin off of another. The OP in that thread rarely drinks. But, his wife doesn't like it. I don't think you're in the same situation.

Best of luck to you. 
I saw the other thread and that seemed like a serious over reaction on the wife's part. 

Not at all like what i am dealing with. 

Thanks for the well wishes.

Nope. I might have a beer and soju every other month. I could go the rest of my life without alcohol and not miss it.

Nah. I'm at the point in my life where I could give it up and only miss it in a couple of specific situations. If she wanted both of us to give it up, I wouldn't really put up a fight. 

Users who are viewing this thread