What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Drew Lock, NYG (1 Viewer)

Drew Lock (ribs) is questionable for Week 11 against the Dolphins. 

Lock, who practiced Thursday and Friday, should be able to play through his rib injury. 9 News' Mike Klis said Lock was "shuffling, rolling, throwing with touch, humming fastballs" at Friday's practice. He has an awful matchup against a swarming Miami defense that largely stopped Justin Herbert last week. Lock is only usable in superflex formats this week with the hope for some rushing upside.

SOURCE: Mike Klis on Twitter 

Nov 20, 2020, 1:54 PM ET

9News' Mike Klis reports Drew Lock (ribs) will start Week 11 against the Dolphins.

Lock will be playing through pain and is at risk of an in-game setback. In addition to his rib injury, Lock is still not at 100% with his AC joint sprain from earlier in the season. With his inconsistent play, injuries, and Miami's disguised man coverage defense, it's possible that the Broncos have a forgettable offensive day on Sunday.

Nov 21, 2020, 2:47 PM ET

DREW LOCK QB, DENVER BRONCOS

The NFL sent home Drew Lock, Brett Rypien and Blake Bortles on Saturday due to contact tracing concerns.

The contact tracing is in relation to a positive test for Jeff Driskel, meaning all four QBs are not currently allowed at the Broncos' facility, just one day before playing the Saints. It is notable that the league made this decision after reviewing footage, not the Broncos. As of now it is unclear if any of the three will be allowed to play on Sunday.

RELATED: 

Brett Rypien

, Blake Bortles

Nov 28, 2020, 4:47 PM ET

Drew Lock completed 15-of-28 passes for 151 yards with two touchdowns and two interceptions in the Broncos' Week 13 loss to the Chiefs.

Lock made his return after spending last week on the COVID-19 list. He kept the Broncos close after a Week 12 blowout but continued to struggle with turnovers and missed throws. This was just the third multi-touchdown game for Lock in nine starts, and he has seven interceptions over his last three appearances. Lock will remain a low-end QB2 for a matchup with the Panthers next week.

Dec 6, 2020, 11:35 PM ET

Drew Lock completed 21-of-27 passes for 280 yards with four touchdowns and one fumble in the Broncos' 32-27 Week 14 win over the Panthers.

This was possibly the best game of Lock's career. His two deep touchdowns to K.J. Hamler will hit the highlights, completions of 49 and 37 yards, but for much of the game Lock was also patient and poised in his decision-making, which cannot be said for the rest of his 2020.Yes, the Panthers' secondary is one of the worst in the NFL, but consider that Lock did not have his starting left tackle in Garett Bolles or top tight end Noah Fant, who left very early on. With just three games left, Lock is fighting to be the team's starting quarterback in 2021 and faces the Bills next week.

- Rotoworld

IHEARTFF said:
Glad I picked up the Car D this week wtf
I picked up Buffalo in Week 13 just for Week 15. We'll see how that goes. I hope the guy isn't getting hot. On the other hand, Lock is one of my dynasty QBs, so it's nice to see him have a modicum of success.

I picked up Buffalo in Week 13 just for Week 15. We'll see how that goes. I hope the guy isn't getting hot. On the other hand, Lock is one of my dynasty QBs, so it's nice to see him have a modicum of success.
Yeah I have BUF D as well and don't love this matchup as much anymore.

Off a big victory against PIT. Now this game travelling west. And they have NE the week after to put a nail in NE's coffin.

Feels like a classic letdown spot. And Luck may not be completely terrible.

Yeah I have BUF D as well and don't love this matchup as much anymore.

Off a big victory against PIT. Now this game travelling west. And they have NE the week after to put a nail in NE's coffin.

Feels like a classic letdown spot. And Luck may not be completely terrible.
Yep. I've also got Chicago stashed so I may roll with them. Unfortunately, if MN gets ahead, all they'll do is run the ball. So you're half betting on Trubisky if you're betting on Chicago's D.

Luck's retired, unfortunately, but Lock may not be completely terrible. He certainly has the arm to do it. It's his reads and hero ball mentality that get him into trouble out there. 

2020 Week 14 QB Review: Jalen Hurts' Eagles debut, Drew Lock running out of time in Denver and more

Excerpt:

DREW LOCK PLAYING FOR HIS JOB?

We only have about a season’s worth of play from Drew Lock in his two seasons in the NFL, as he’s now dropped back to pass 521 times in his career.

So far, the results have been below average across the board, whether looking at back-to-back years of sub-60.0 PFF grades or any other traditional statistical measure. However, Lock posted the second-best passing grade of his career this weekend, at least showing off what this offense is capable of.

Lock hit WR K.J. Hamler on two deep touchdowns, and we also saw big plays from WRs Jerry Jeudy and Tim Patrick. It’s only one game, but this is the type of outing the Denver Broncos have been hoping for out of Lock — he finished 21-for-27 for 280 yards and four touchdowns.

The question this offseason will center around whether Lock gets another year to prove himself despite only having about a season’s worth of actual snaps. Working in Lock’s favor is his career arc in college at Missouri, where he improved his PFF grade every year and showed that he candevelop. On the other hand, there will be many viable quarterbacks on the open market, available for trade or in the draft, and Lock is no lock to be the starting signal-caller in Denver in 2021.

Drew Lock completed 20-of-32 passes for 132 yards and a touchdown in Week 15 against Buffalo

He also took three sacks, including a sack-fumble that was returned for a touchdown. Lock rushed for 37 yards on five carries, but this was another step in the wrong direction after throwing four touchdowns last week. Lock didn’t complete a pass to a receiver until the last drive of the first half and finished with just five completions to his wideouts. His only touchdown was a throw in the back of the end-zone to Noah Fant, who Lock targeted a team-high 11 times. Lock has struggled with consistency and has at least one turnover in 11 of his 12 starts. He'll try to rebound in a more favorable Week 16 matchup with the Chargers.

Dec 19, 2020, 8:05 PM ET

Get rid of this guy and get Jerry Jeudy a real QB who can hit him when he's open.
Jeudy's been a stiff this year who got hit in the hands on Saturday but didn't want to take a hit so he dropped it, as has been his modus operandi all season.

Jeudy was always going to be a stiff, though. Crazy legs Jeudy.

Jeudy's been a stiff this year who got hit in the hands on Saturday but didn't want to take a hit so he dropped it, as has been his modus operandi all season.

Jeudy was always going to be a stiff, though. Crazy legs Jeudy.
That may be true, however, he sure is open a lot with his great route running. I bet his play, his desire improves with a better QB throwing him passes.

Drew Lock is tied with Carson Wentz for the league lead with 15 interceptions. 

That Wentz is still atop the INT leader board after riding the pine for three weeks is remarkable. Lock threw another two picks Sunday against the Chargers in the Broncos' 19-16 loss. Lock, who has the lowest completion rate in the NFL, has a turnover in every game this year except the season opener. He's been a disaster throughout the 2020 season. His performance will force the Broncos to once again rethink their future at quarterback, though general manager John Elway seems intent on giving Lock every chance to fail. 

SOURCE: Nick Kosmider on Twitter 

Dec 28, 2020, 9:16 AM ET

Who was that denver media guy who couldn't believe that Joe Burrow was ranked higher than Lock going into the season? He was linked somewhere earlier in the thread.

Good times.

Drew Lock completed 24-of-41 passes for 339 yards with two touchdowns in Week 17 against the Raiders.

Lock ends the season on a high note, posting his first turnover-free game since Week 1. When healthy, Lock didn't do enough to lock down the Broncos' starting job, though he managed a pair of splash games against the Chargers and Panthers, where he threw seven of his 16 touchdowns. Overall, Lock closes out 2020 with 2,933 yards and a 16:15 TD/INT ratio over 13 starts. He finished with the lowest completion percentage (57%) in the league. Lock isn't the answer in Denver. The Broncos should prioritize finding a quarterback this offseason.

- Rotoworld

Speaking Tuesday, Broncos coach Vic Fangio did not commit to Drew Lock as his 2021 starting quarterback. 

Stop the presses, we know, but it is still rare for a coach to offer anything other than a full-throated endorsement. Saying Lock "can be" the starter was as far as Fangio was willing to go. "He's going to have to improve," Fangio said bluntly. Turnover prone and inaccurate, Lock's biggest 2020 sin may have been his lack of big plays down the field. Those were supposed to be his saving grace amidst the growing pains. The Broncos will be in real trouble if Lock remains their Week 1 2021 starter. 

SOURCE: Andrew Mason on Twitter 

Jan 5, 2021, 2:57 PM ET

Lock didn’t grab the Bronco by the horns but he is hurt by a now impatient GM feeling the heat as well as injuries during his rookie year and this year setting him back developmentally. Not making excuses for the guy but we forget that being a young quarterback can be a challenge. Also lost his number one target this year. He will have to show up to camp a new and improved man in order to be the week one starter next year.

DREW LOCK QB, DENVER BRONCOS

NFL Network's James Palmer reports the Broncos aren't interested in Carson Wentz and other quarterbacks not in the "top group."

Denver is doing their research on every available quarterback and remains interested in elite quarterbacks. However, the Broncos aren't in the market for the second tier of quarterbacks available in free agency and via trade -- presumably Marcus Mariota, Cam Newton, and Teddy Bridgewater in addition to Wentz. Palmer believes the Broncos were internally optimistic with Drew Lock's finish in 2020 and would like to see him with a fully healthy receiving corps in 2021. Most of Denver's cap space will be spent on re-signed defensive players this offseason, so the most likely outcome at quarterback is Lock plus a cheap veteran like Andy Dalton or Nick Foles. Lock should have better numbers next year with Courtland Sutton, Jerry Jeudy, KJ Hamler, and Noah Fant at his disposal, but he hasn't looked like a franchise quarterback in his first two seasons. If he busts in 2021, new GM George Patton will make quarterback the top priority next offseason.

SOURCE: James Palmer on Twitter

Feb 17, 2021, 2:01 PM ET

How could some one know they were close to trading for a QB but not know who the QB was? seems odd.
Maybe not at liberty to say? Who knows for sure, but I 100% believe they are moving on from Lock. Elway knows as much as anyone how important QB play is, and man that offense would be STOUT if they could upgrade. Lock was just awful. Kind of reminds me of Washington with Haskins. Sometimes you just know, time to cut bait, some guys just don't have it. 

Maybe not at liberty to say? Who knows for sure, but I 100% believe they are moving on from Lock. Elway knows as much as anyone how important QB play is, and man that offense would be STOUT if they could upgrade. Lock was just awful. Kind of reminds me of Washington with Haskins. Sometimes you just know, time to cut bait, some guys just don't have it. 
Elway isn’t allowed to pick a 5th/6th? Qb since his choices have been atrocious 

Looks like Denver ALMOST traded for a QB last week and the other team backed out per this report

How could some one know they were close to trading for a QB but not know who the QB was? seems odd.
The day after the Stafford trade he said he knew for a fact that another team was under the impression they had an agreement worked out for him the day before he went to the Rams instead. When he said that he said he could not name the team, he knew it but could not name it.  I'm pretty sure he was talking about Carolina who we know offered 8 plus and he probably knew this because his son works for Carolina and that's why he could not give up his "source".

As @ffmail4me said he probably did not want to give up his source but if you want to connect the dots with Lombardi when he gets info it's usually one of his sons or one of the many ex-Patriot coaches or front office people around the league that he worked with.

If I was making a bet on this I would bet that QB was Sam Darnold, and the source was again his son who works for the Jets. Just a connect the dots guess.

Speaking Thursday, Broncos coach Vic Fangio confirmed the team would like to add competition for Drew Lock. 

“Until Drew proves to be the next great quarterback like the ones Denver has been used to in years past, or ones certain teams around the league have, we’re going to always try and bring in competition," Fangio said. "But I have confidence Drew can continue to improve.” It's the latest, strongest indication Lock won't be getting any free 2021 lunches after his dismal sophomore campaign. It's quite possible Lock is replaced outright, with no meaningful competition. Lock has mouthwatering tools but has given close to zero indication he knows how to harness them at the NFL level. 

Mar 4, 2021, 5:11 PM ET

Broncos general manager George Paton said the team wants to "bring in competition" for QB Drew Lock. 

Paton added a caveat: "We are not going to force it." That could mean the team won't get aggressive in the draft and trade up to acquire one of the top quarterbacks available, but it remains likely Denver will sign a free agent to give Lock a run in training camp. Broncos head coach Vic Fangio said in early March that while the team has "confidence Drew can continue to improve," the Broncos would likely bring in QB competition for 2021. Lock is coming off a miserable 2020 season in which he completed just 57.3 percent of his passes with 16 touchdowns and 15 interceptions.  

SOURCE: 9news.com 

Mar 19, 2021, 9:32 AM ET

Users who are viewing this thread