What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 FBG WSL 1 Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Philip lindsay is an intersting player this season....good value...somehow i think he regresses plua new regime and qb....
I was giving him a sniff as it was getting closer to my pick.....his quicks and attitude are enticing...plus it would have given Bass another chance to rip on me about Denver RB's....

Lev Bell, Joe Mixon and Julian Edelman is a promising start - we'll see what type of value is left for me in the fourth.

A little comparison with this league a year earlier, understanding that the folks here are not the same as last year and have different tendencies:

1. QB - by the end of round 3 a year ago, 3 had been drafted. This year only one, so two less - I guess we all agree with @Stinkin Ref that Mahomes is a tier all alone
  2. RB - the same number two years in a row (21)
  3. WR - 19 were taken a year ago and this year one less through three rounds
  4. TE - Boom, only 5 were taken in 2018 and already 8 for this year - the only positional increase across the first three rounds

A little comparison with this league a year earlier, understanding that the folks here are not the same as last year and have different tendencies:

1. QB - by the end of round 3 a year ago, 3 had been drafted. This year only one, so two less - I guess we all agree with @Stinkin Ref that Mahomes is a tier all alone
  2. RB - the same number two years in a row (21)
  3. WR - 19 were taken a year ago and this year one less through three rounds
  4. TE - Boom, only 5 were taken in 2018 and already 8 for this year - the only positional increase across the first three rounds
Or we all disagree with Ref and think that burning a pick early on QB isn't worth it.  :boxing:

To Gronk or not is no longer the question...

4.0250.Aaron RudnickiGronkowski, Rob NEP TEThu Feb 14 3:41:18 p.m. ET 2019

Mack, Marlon IND RB (Q) 178.1 3.13
Golladay, Kenny DET WR (Q)207.1 4.04
Hill, Tyreek KCC WR 328.0 2.05
Kittle, George SFO TE 344.7 1.12

I hate leaving the 4th round with my only RB being a guy who could be sitting behind Le'Veon a month from now ... but so help me God I couldn't pass up Kenny G and his league-winning upside.

Just a reminder that I am hitting the road early tomorrow and will be doing all the driving. There should be several of y'all have my cell from IBL and if you could give me a heads up when it is my turn at the turn, I will do my best not to hold everything up terribly long.

Enjoying the pace thus far. Keep up the good work.

Just a reminder that I am hitting the road early tomorrow and will be doing all the driving. There should be several of y'all have my cell from IBL and if you could give me a heads up when it is my turn at the turn, I will do my best not to hold everything up terribly long.

Enjoying the pace thus far. Keep up the good work.
Shoot me your cell if you like.

Really thought either Kupp or Cohen would drop one more pick. 

But I'll take one of the first real gamble picks for a guy who, if all goes well, could very foreseeably be a top ten back.  Guice has all the talent to be a stud, and is reportedly looking good so far this off season, although ACLs still scare me a bit. And I don't particularly like the Redskins. Still, the talent was too good to pass on here.

CURRENT ROSTER

Guice, Derrius WAS RB

Kamara, Alvin NOS RB

Green, A.J. CIN WR

Howard, O.J. TBB TE

But I'll take one of the first real gamble picks for a guy who, if all goes well, could very foreseeably be a top ten back.  Guice has all the talent to be a stud, and is reportedly looking good so far this off season, although ACLs still scare me a bit. And I don't particularly like the Redskins. Still, the talent was too good to pass on here.

CURRENT ROSTER

Guice, Derrius WAS RB

Kamara, Alvin NOS RB

Green, A.J. CIN WR

Howard, O.J. TBB TE
Made my decision easy as Kupp, Cohen, and Guice were my others at the top of my draft list.

CURRENT ROSTER

Guice, Derrius WAS RB

Kamara, Alvin NOS RB

Green, A.J. CIN WR

Howard, O.J. TBB TE
Love your team so far. FWIW, Guice was my pick at 4.04 if Kenny G hadn't been on the board. I even thought about him over Mack but couldn't quite pull the trigger. 

8 hour clock off midnite to 6am EST.  Clock stays on during weekends.  Miss your pick and your clock is cut in half (after the first round) and your pick will be skipped.  Commish can replace a skipped pick so post the replacement in the discussion thread.  Miss your pick in the first round you will be dropped to the 16th spot but retain your spot in rounds 3-20.

Please explain.  I think his TD totals were inflated this year and Seattle is a run first team.  Seattle was dead last in passing attempts.  I would have gone Jeffrey or Fitz over him.  Open to an education though.
60 catches...950 yards and 10 tds...pretty good stat line for lockett....russ seemed to trust him more....baldwin hitting 30...had poor knees and is about 11mill....possible cut? I debate him vs alshon....alshon f'd me last year so i passed

We all know each other well and not much value is slipping. Gladly take James White, but preferred Cohen and Guice. Also like most of the WRs taken ahead of me. Thought I needed a tight end as after the next few, there is not much differentiation at all.

RB - Barkley and James White

WR - Cooks and Diggs

TE - Hooper

nice foundation so far

Todd gurley

Kerryon Johnson

Keenan allen

Tyler lockett

Trey burton

Burton as te12 feels like a decent deal...he was te8 last year in the fornat...maybe mitch improves

@BassNBrew

Last edited by a moderator:
You returned the favor. 

Was thinking about punting on QB, but I'll gladly take the guy I hate to love. (Deshaun Watson) 
I have Watson higher on my list, I just think Rodgers is a safer pick.  I was willing to concede 2 ppg to secure a guy who runs a little less.  Schedule slightly favored Watson and you have Chicago x2 and possible winter games for Rodgers.  That said, Rodgers does draw the AFC West and the NFC East so he'll be in plenty of shootouts.  My QB2 will hopefully handle the Bear weeks.

I have Watson higher on my list, I just think Rodgers is a safer pick.  I was willing to concede 2 ppg to secure a guy who runs a little less.  Schedule slightly favored Watson and you have Chicago x2 and possible winter games for Rodgers.  That said, Rodgers does draw the AFC West and the NFC East so he'll be in plenty of shootouts.  My QB2 will hopefully handle the Bear weeks.
True. While you're probably relatively comfortable waiting on QB2 for a long time, I don't quite have that luxury. 

Still, Watson is a beast

True. While you're probably relatively comfortable waiting on QB2 for a long time, I don't quite have that luxury. 

Still, Watson is a beast
If you take out A-Rod's week 17 - where he only played a couple of drives - the variance (SD) in their weekly point totals over the past 2 years has been virtually identical (in fact A-Rod's is  ever-so-slightly higher).

It seems like Watson's the streakier QB, and he probably is in reality, but every rush yard counting 2.5x as much as a pass yard goes a long way towards raising his floor in fantasy.

Evan engram was a steal

@FF Wiseguy
Thanks, I've usually waited on both QB and TE and been burned, so wanted to go a littler earlier than normal.  Glad Engram stuck around.  Hopefully I didn't give back any value I gained with my Damien Williams pick.

Feel okay about my start.  Definitely a scary RB corps with Conner and Williams.  If I could do it over, probably go DJ over Conner and Golladay over Williams.

Last edited by a moderator:
Me twenty picks ago - lots of wr I like, let’s take a qb

me now - there goes another we I like and tons of good qbs left 

I really like him. He had a huge fantasy year last year and my eyes were telling me he looked average 
This is one of those times I trust my eyes, but you're right that he scored very well.  I don't think he repeats but he's good value.

Users who are viewing this thread