What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** APEX LEGENDS *** - ̿ ̿ ̿̿’̿’\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪●)=/̵͇̿̿/’̿̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ (1 Viewer)

Some solid games last night, but it's gotten to the point where Hx and I have to win on our own to have a shot at winning. Don't remember the last time we got a win where our teammate actually contributed.  

You guys play the new season yet?  

How you like the new map and character? 
The new map is absolutely fantastic. It reminds me of the Titanfall 2 maps, but maybe better. You almost get lost in it, but it’s a lot of fun.

The season 7 battle pass is very bad, however. They changed it from basically XP based, to earning stars. And the stars take forever to earn. I’ve played about 5 hours already, with 3 wins and I just hit level 3.

G7 with 3x and Mastiff this season.  Really pissed they moved the Prowler off this season, but Snipers and really close up gun like Mastiff are a must. Destroying with the G7 this season. 

Starting to even out with the K/D comparable to last season and my damage is up about 40 from last season now that I figured out the best combination of guns. 

Wife may have Covid so I'm on isolation for at least a couple days until we have the results. Looks like I'll be getting familiar with the new map. 

This new map fits my style perfectly of engaging and moving. Map is huge and there's very little close combat. Usually, my teammates charge in and I just sit back and destroy with the G7.  If there is close range fighting, I break out the Mastiff. Damage and win percentage way up. 

This new map fits my style perfectly of engaging and moving. Map is huge and there's very little close combat. Usually, my teammates charge in and I just sit back and destroy with the G7.  If there is close range fighting, I break out the Mastiff. Damage and win percentage way up. 
I resemble that remark. 

Starting to even out with the K/D comparable to last season and my damage is up about 40 from last season now that I figured out the best combination of guns. 
My damage is up almost 25%, kd down 10%.  Makes no damn sense.

I can't find the weapon combo I like.  Switched over to Gibby, don't like how Caustic feels on this map.

flapgreen said:
:excited:

Yep. Wife has Corona. I have to quarantine for 2 weeks, too. Ugggh. Lots of apex in my future. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Loba is a definite must on the new map. Too big and takes forever to get the guns you want. I prefer to use lifeline and have a loba teammate

Loba is a definite must on the new map. Too big and takes forever to get the guns you want. I prefer to use lifeline and have a loba teammate
Interesting to see the changes in characters.  The teen is switching to Crypto for their team/ranked games and doing him and Gibby all the time.  He did say Loba was good on this map, and that Mirage got another bump in quality?  

I got as far as updating the game last night, and doing firing range for about 5mins.  

Interesting to see the changes in characters.  The teen is switching to Crypto for their team/ranked games and doing him and Gibby all the time.  He did say Loba was good on this map, and that Mirage got another bump in quality?  

I got as far as updating the game last night, and doing firing range for about 5mins.  
I don't need you to kill anyone. Just stay in the area and keep dropping the black market. 

Been having to run Loba most of the time for the black market thing but so hard not having a lifeline. 3 wins just today with lifeline and I needed her revive skill to win 2 of them. 

I'll take a good Loba and Crypto on this board as teammates any day. Crypto great for drone and Loba great for market. 

The new map is for sure different.  I had 0 clue where to go.  Lots of buildings though.  

Are there places that you guys like to go right away?  

I haven't looked at weapons and such - where there big changes to guns and characters for this season?

The new map is for sure different.  I had 0 clue where to go.  Lots of buildings though.  

Are there places that you guys like to go right away?  

I haven't looked at weapons and such - where there big changes to guns and characters for this season?
I'm still getting used to places.  I prefer to go to places where there aren't as many people at first so I can actually get some weapons. Docks and places like that. I like going to those 3 structures that rotate constantly, too. Gotta have a middle to long range weapon on the new map. G7 or hemlock with a 3x or sniper, and some type of gun for closer range. R99 is back so that works or Mastiff. 

I'm still getting used to places.  I prefer to go to places where there aren't as many people at first so I can actually get some weapons. Docks and places like that. I like going to those 3 structures that rotate constantly, too. Gotta have a middle to long range weapon on the new map. G7 or hemlock with a 3x or sniper, and some type of gun for closer range. R99 is back so that works or Mastiff. 
I played with my beginner/3rd account and had more luck last night.  At least in the 2 games I played I got 4 kills.  

Seems like I wasn't finding a ton of attachments.  

Still like the old days - I had 0 clue WTF any opponents were when fighting started.  I am also permanently off the gaming monitor and back on the big screen, which looks like dog ####.  I am in the process of getting a better TV, so that might help a tad. 

I played with my beginner/3rd account and had more luck last night.  At least in the 2 games I played I got 4 kills.  

Seems like I wasn't finding a ton of attachments.  

Still like the old days - I had 0 clue WTF any opponents were when fighting started.  I am also permanently off the gaming monitor and back on the big screen, which looks like dog ####.  I am in the process of getting a better TV, so that might help a tad. 
Yes, the new map allows me to orient myself a lot better and not get lost in tight spaces in a battle. KD and damage also both us a decent amount. 

There is a spot near the middle of the map that I refer to as New Skulltown, but cant recall its actual name. That round area with maybe 10 shamm houses in a ring with a big house in the middle. Yeah, I avoid landing there.

There is a spot near the middle of the map that I refer to as New Skulltown, but cant recall its actual name. That round area with maybe 10 shamm houses in a ring with a big house in the middle. Yeah, I avoid landing there.
The Estates.  My favorite spot to land.  Couple few kills right off the bat.... assuming you don't die right away.

Worse tonight.  I was disappointed that I logged on right at the shift to old map.  
Must have just missed you. Didn't see anyone on. I feel like the game is being ran by idiots now. Spent a whole year waiting for a new map and then rotate with the old one 2 weeks after it comes out. Foolish. I played one game and got back off. 

Must have just missed you. Didn't see anyone on. I feel like the game is being ran by idiots now. Spent a whole year waiting for a new map and then rotate with the old one 2 weeks after it comes out. Foolish. I played one game and got back off. 
I was on my 3rd account.  Don't think we are linked there.  Trying to play with these level 18 noobs and still struggling tonight.  Didn't want to suck for you guys yet. 

Got a quick win in Olympus today then it rotated back to stupid ### Worlds Edge for 2 hours and forced me off. So dumb. Was planning on playing for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread