Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

*** APEX LEGENDS *** - ̿ ̿ ̿̿’̿’\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪●)=/̵͇̿̿/’̿̿ ̿ ̿ ̿

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just wanted to thank you for starting this thread. My two boys play Fortnite, so I came down this morning, looked at them and scoffed: ”Boys, Fortnite is old news. Apex is where its at these days

My son told my wife that only 12 year old white boys play Fortnite. At the time he said this, he was a 13 year old white boy.    

My son is almost 12 and is level 140. Joined late in Season 3? I think he’s pretty good. I love watching him play. It’s frustrating how so few have mikes, or leave them on party chat. Working as a tea

36 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

@flapgreen won't be happy - I was just looking at S8 stuff and the map is a blown up King's Canyon (I am guessing that's why it was reintroduced into the rotation).  

New character is named Fuse and looks to have a grenade launcher or something.  

You gotta be kidding me! 

What is your go-to gun combo?  Hemlock and Havoc?

Was talking to the son and he really thinks I should focus always having a 99 or 45 on me and then combine that with something with a tad more range - G7/Hemlock/Triple Take/301/Volt.  

These idiots can't get out of their own way. Olympus is a great map. Then, they give it only a few weeks and start rotating it with old maps. Now bringing back King's Canyon again but leaving out the only place people really care about in KC in skull town. Idiots

3 minutes ago, flapgreen said:

You gotta be kidding me! 

Yeah I guess his ult is the bombs that are dropping toward the end of the game.  The kid said you can shoot those, and they are like one of the fire grenades.  

• Like 1
Just now, flapgreen said:

These idiots can't get out of their own way. Olympus is a great map. Then, they give it only a few weeks and start rotating it with old maps. Now bringing back King's Canyon again but leaving out the only place people really care about in KC in skull town. Idiots

The kid said they are still doing Olympus, but changing in some different points of interest.  

• Like 1
1 minute ago, KarmaPolice said:

What is your go-to gun combo?  Hemlock and Havoc?

Was talking to the son and he really thinks I should focus always having a 99 or 45 on me and then combine that with something with a tad more range - G7/Hemlock/Triple Take/301/Volt.  

Havoc/Volt with a hemlok/G7 with 3x

• Like 1
1 minute ago, flapgreen said:

Havoc/Volt with a hemlok/G7 with 3x

So maybe if we are teaming up I focus on the light ammo guns so we aren't taking each other's #### and we know what to ping?   Unless there is a bounty of ammo and such with Loba.      So maybe tonight I try to stick to 301 or Triple Take + 99/45? 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, flapgreen said:

Really hoping they bring back the prowler. 

All I saw about weapons was the new one is a bolt action 30/30 for mid-long range.   

One thing I saw is they would be bumping down Wraith and Horizon a little more, and beefing up Rampart and Wattson.  

2 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

So maybe if we are teaming up I focus on the light ammo guns so we aren't taking each other's #### and we know what to ping?   Unless there is a bounty of ammo and such with Loba.      So maybe tonight I try to stick to 301 or Triple Take + 99/45? 

If you're going for long range, I'd say you stick with Triple Take. 301 is a little harder to control when you're using a longer range scope. Try out 45 and 99. 99 obviously way better if you can keep it under control. Trouble with a 45 is you're cooked if you're up against anyone  with a good gun up close. 

I don't have great movement while shooting, so that's why I like the havoc or Volt up close. If I can get off the first shot, my movement won't matter because I'll melt them before they can get me.  Single fire Hemlok and G7 for obvious reasons. I like both better with a 3x than I do with a Sniper because I can get off a lot of shots. Snipers are top slow for me, but it would be good if we had a teammate that always had one and could use it effectively to pin guys down. 

Edited by flapgreen
Just now, flapgreen said:

If you're going for long range, I'd say you stick with Triple Take. 301 is a little harder to control when you're using a longer range scope. Try out 45 and 99. 99 obviously way better if you can keep it under control. Trouble with a 45 is you're cooked if you're up against anyone  with a good gun up close. 

We were talking at dinner and I made a comment about how I was surprised that I seemed to hit a decent # of shots with the 45, and his comment was that it was just a slightly slower 99 with less recoil, so it wouldn't be a bad option for me.    Also the hop up makes the hip fire more accurate and the ADS quicker?

Triple Take is hit/miss with me.  It's my go-to as far as snipers go, but I do get into more situations where I need something up close and I can't hit crap with that if I have to switch to it.  To be fair, I can't hit crap with much else up close, so :shrug:   

Also, I don't mind the 2x-4x scopes, so I should grab those and keep a lookout for the 3x for you.   I don't like the sniper scopes, even on the Triple Take.  I think it drops too much, and is worthless if I have to try to hit something from that distance anyway.  

• Like 1
1 minute ago, flapgreen said:

I don't have great movement while shooting, so that's why I like the havoc or Volt up close. If I can get off the first shot, my movement won't matter because I'll melt them before than can get me.  Single fire Hemlok and G7 for obvious reasons. I like both better with a 3x than I do with a Sniper because I can get off a lot of shots. Snipers are top slow for me, but it would be good if we had a teammate that always had one and could use it effectively to pin guys down. 

I had about a week where I thought I was getting the hang of crouching a bit when I was firing up close and was getting a few more knockdowns because of it, but that ended and I noticed over this last week I am standing straight up and not moving like usual.    Also standing in the open with my junk in my hand way too much.  

• Like 1

Also, like Ryo was saying, Bloodhound should be back a tad more scanning.   In theory that should be my character since I also have trouble locating foes.  Maybe we should try a few nights in a row where I am just Bloodhound + something like a Triple Take if I am trying to stay back a tad.  

I got away from him when I was playing solo since he didn't have as good as escape options as Mirage, Bangalore, but if we are teaming up, maybe we try something like that? 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

Also, like Ryo was saying, Bloodhound should be back a tad more scanning.   In theory that should be my character since I also have trouble locating foes.  Maybe we should try a few nights in a row where I am just Bloodhound + something like a Triple Take if I am trying to stay back a tad.  

I got away from him when I was playing solo since he didn't have as good as escape options as Mirage, Bangalore, but if we are teaming up, maybe we try something like that? 

I dig it 

10 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

I had about a week where I thought I was getting the hang of crouching a bit when I was firing up close and was getting a few more knockdowns because of it, but that ended and I noticed over this last week I am standing straight up and not moving like usual.    Also standing in the open with my junk in my hand way too much.  

Yeah, that does happen quite a bit.  I feel like sometimes you stop moving while trying to see what's going on around you and then get downed quick. If you're always moving, that's less likely to happen. I noticed that with your son. Even when there's no one shooting at us, he's constantly moving back and forth, which is a good habit to have. It will come more naturally when the #### hits the fan. 

15 hours ago, KarmaPolice said:

Do I remember correctly - you are toward the LaCrosse area?

Yep. Southside lacrosse is where I hang my hat.  Saw your guys' party invite last night but I was pretending to want to watch the bachelor with my girl.  😐

14 minutes ago, hooter311 said:

Yep. Southside lacrosse is where I hang my hat.  Saw your guys' party invite last night but I was pretending to want to watch the bachelor with my girl.  😐

:lol:

We had the typical night of teammates running into 4 squads, dying, then insta-quitting.   I think 1/2 our games were just us two.  I am sure I will be on tonight for my weekly Friday night demolishing. 

19 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

:lol:

We had the typical night of teammates running into 4 squads, dying, then insta-quitting.   I think 1/2 our games were just us two.  I am sure I will be on tonight for my weekly Friday night demolishing. 

Im already up playing little kids before school.  My favorite part about this game is having 8 year olds tell me how stupid I am. Lol.

• Laughing 1

Im improving to the point where the spitfire with an extended mag isn't my go to anymore.  Since I saw my kod I focus on getting that first kill off the bat.

Prefer the hcog 2x or 3x but the 2x4 aog ain't bad either.

I like rocking the volt paired with a r301 or flatline.  Im not good enough timing wise to be very effective with the devotion, havoc, or hemlock, at least not yet.

The r45 is very effective for me if I land somewhere hot right away.

This game is as close to the halo 2 engine as I've found in recent years.  Halo 2 fanboy for life.  I think in college my online games added up to like 9 months of 24/7 play when all was said and done.  😐

31 minutes ago, hooter311 said:

Im improving to the point where the spitfire with an extended mag isn't my go to anymore.  Since I saw my kod I focus on getting that first kill off the bat.

I like rocking the volt paired with a r301 or flatline.  Im not good enough timing wise to be very effective with the devotion, havoc, or hemlock, at least not yet.

This game is as close to the halo 2 engine as I've found in recent years.  Halo 2 fanboy for life.  I think in college my online games added up to like 9 months of 24/7 play when all was said and done.  😐

LOL.  I hear you on the Spitfire.  I think that became my security blanket this season again, but if I am honest it's not giving me as much of a shot up close since it's slow and by the time I start to unleash it, I am mostly dead by way of Mastiff or 99 from an enemy.   It hits hard from a medium distance, but up close it's too slow.  

Have you tried the Hemlock on single fire?   

I am going to try to stick with the plan of having a 99/45 on me at all times and pair it with something the rest of the team isn't scrambling for ammo for, which looking at your list and flaps might be Triple Take or G7 if we ever team up.  

• Like 1
2 hours ago, hooter311 said:

Once you get the hang of the havoc, it's the most devastating gun in the game, unless they bring back the prowler. 

9 minutes ago, flapgreen said:

I like to think of your Apex game as similar to how the guy in your avatar would be on the battlefield. 

Lol.  More like how he was at the beginning of the movie, not when he became a hardass.  

• Laughing 1
2 hours ago, hxperson said:

Man I was pretty far gone last night.  First night back on the sauce since new years (I gave up a bit early).   I don't remember any details from our games - how did we do?  

Pretty bad. Lol

21 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

Thats 'cuz you rage quit over the skipping. ;)

Yall message me on Xbox when you get on tonight. I'm gonna play 

Yeah, I was about to squad wipe a team and stupid thing glitched for 5 seconds. Next thing I know, I'm dead. Why the hell didn't their game glitch, too?! 

Played a couple early this am and had one decent game, and I think my highest damage yet.   Weird ### game - 4 squads left, 4 players left, I killed one and it was silent.   Of course I was the first to move and there was somebody who was also hiding in the area that I was and I started getting blasted.  Almost took them down, but couldn't quite reload fast enough.    I randomly had a Longbow + Volt for that game, and was able to work the edge and snipe at teams (these are usually my high damage games, but it's rare that it works out that way)  

I am sure I will be on soon.  

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

Played a couple early this am and had one decent game, and I think my highest damage yet.   Weird ### game - 4 squads left, 4 players left, I killed one and it was silent.   Of course I was the first to move and there was somebody who was also hiding in the area that I was and I started getting blasted.  Almost took them down, but couldn't quite reload fast enough.    I randomly had a Longbow + Volt for that game, and was able to work the edge and snipe at teams (these are usually my high damage games, but it's rare that it works out that way)  

I am sure I will be on soon.  

Cool

If I were you, I would focus exclusively on positioning for a while. Don't worry about which gun you have or that your strafing when you're shooting or any of that. None of that matters when you're always downed immediately. Focus on always trying to make sure you're in a good position and not getting downed. The rest is secondary to that at first. 

Sounds silly but I never forgot what this Mcdonald kid said to me and Sheik one night. Always try to not take a lot of damage right away and put your team in a bad spot where the other teams pushes you at a disadvantage. I'm still working on this as well, but it's a very good point.