What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Robert Kraft (yes, THAT Robert Kraft) charged with soliciting prostitution (1 Viewer)

Underage, absolutely.

If both parties are 21? Then I think you run into the core libertarianism of the American public. I think most people believe that consenting adults have the right to do whatever they want so long as its' all voluntary and no one is harmed.  And they don't look too closely at the details. 
I don't feel any need to re-litigate anything that's been repeatedly discussed on this board, but let me just say "that depends on what you mean by underage" and "it depends on if she offered the service to him or he threatened her to get it."

so saying something that hurts some else's feelings on a secret tape is bad enough to make the world revolt enough to make you sell your franchise. 

having a (possibly) underaged sex worker diddle your old geezer pickle for $50 that she won't even get bc she is here against her will and otherwise locked in a basement is cool b/c its a just a misdemeanor.

gotcha...just seeing how the playing field is leveled there. 

so saying something that hurts some else's feelings on a secret tape is bad enough to make the world revolt enough to make you sell your franchise. 

having a (possibly) underaged sex worker diddle your old geezer pickle for $50 that she won't even get bc she is here against her will and otherwise locked in a basement is cool b/c its a just a misdemeanor.

gotcha...just seeing how the playing field is leveled there. 
The country makes a lot more sense if you accept that people don't think most sex- and violence-related crimes against woman and girls are really crimes.

This may have already been stated, but hopefully this brings awareness to a very a serious global problem.  

Sex trafficking is a horrific act when it is forced upon young women.  I'm sure there are men in this forum that have received services from sex slaves unknowingly, hopefully this will make men stop and think before soliciting for services that may be involved with or related to trafficking activity.

Last edited by a moderator:
This may have already been stated, but hopefully this brings awareness to a very a serious global problem.  

Sex trafficking is a horrific act when it is forced upon young women.  I'm sure there are men in this forum that have received services from sex slaves unknowingly, hopefully this will make men stop and think before soliciting for services that may be involved with trafficking.
Maybe this will help:

If you're receiving services from a prostitute in the U.S., it's much more likely than not she's been trafficked or otherwise exploited against her wishes.

convicted of a misdemeanor?  owners have done far worse and kept their teams.
sexual exploitation and the #metoo movement are going to put a lot of pressure on the NFL.   I could see a divorce due to a conviction.  The shame he will face amongst his peers.  Surely there has to be an ethics code to be an NFL owner? 

sexual exploitation and the #metoo movement are going to put a lot of pressure on the NFL.   I could see a divorce due to a conviction.  The shame he will face amongst his peers.  Surely there has to be an ethics code to be an NFL owner? 
The NFL may get pressure, but legally it would seem difficult to oust Kraft due to a misdemeanor.

Maybe this will help:

If you're receiving services from a prostitute in the U.S., it's much more likely than not she's been trafficked or otherwise exploited against her wishes.
I wonder what the actual percentage of sex workers in the US were exploited/trafficked?

Al Butler✔@ALaboutSports

Sources told ESPN that Robert Kraft is "not the biggest name involved" in this investigation.

I kind of feel sorry for him. There has to be a lot going on with him to do this, and the shame it's going to bring to him and his family is going to be very difficult to live with.

If OJ Simpson has taught us anything, it's that charging a rich celebrity with a crime does not mean convicted of a crime, misdemeanor or felony.

If OJ Simpson has taught us anything, it's that charging a rich, celebrity with a crime does not mean convicted of a crime.
I doubt this ever goes to trial though. Despite his claim of innocence, he's probably better off pleading no contest and agreeing to community service. Otherwise it stays in the news for months, and he won't want that.

The police department has videos of illegal sex acts.   Weird!   So the police department let these men have sex with the "massage workers" filmed it then man arrests?   I thought as the cop shows once the money was exchanged the police busted in and made an arrest.  Seems weird that a law enforcement agency would allow illegal acts to happen. 

I like how they frame this as a "human trafficking" investigation to make it look like they're doing more than nabbing a bunch of old men for getting tugged
I agree that prostitution should be legal but this is about far more than men getting "tugged".

If it is legal and above board then the providers need to be participating voluntarily if not then the consumers are participating in and enabling sex slavery.

Is there any chance that Kraft went to this place looking for just a massage and was coerced into something else?

I've never been to these places so I have no idea if this is a plausible scenario.
Coerced? No. Manipulated? Possibly.

Once the blood starts flowing from the brain to the head men make stupid decisions. 

But still culpable.

I kind of feel sorry for him. There has to be a lot going on with him to do this, and the shame it's going to bring to him and his family is going to be very difficult to live with.
could be he's just a pervy old dude. a friend of mine's dad is that guy. he once told me not to many years ago (he's 74 now) that he's still horny as ever but the equipment stopped working.

Is there any chance that Kraft went to this place looking for just a massage and was coerced into something else?

I've never been to these places so I have no idea if this is a plausible scenario.
If I was looking for a legit massage this would not be the place to go.

so lets see where you draw the line.....

Another major league sports owner was forced to sell his team for using the N word on tape. 

Where does Kaft's transgression fall? Is he keeping his team, yea or nay and why? 
Unfortunately, he'll keep his team, no problem. It's not like he hasn't done this and worse in the past, just like his friend in the white house. Only difference is this made headlines. In the current climate we're in, this is business as usual.

I have a rich friend who thought as long as the girls aren't officially captive or underage, this will be just a few weeks of laughing it off at the country club. That is incredible to me. 

Do you guys think that's accurate?
Unfortunately, yes. Public shaming will happen, but this guy seems to have teflon, just like his friend in the white house.

Unfortunately, he'll keep his team, no problem. It's not like he hasn't done this and worse in the past, just like his friend in the white house.

yea..can we not?  THis has noing to do with the question.

Only difference is this made headlines. In the current climate we're in, this is business as usual.
so rub and tug joints didnt exist 4 years ago? interesting. 

If push comes to shove, I think we could see the NFL asking him to step down and away and pass the team on to Jonathan, who has been the defacto owner for a while now anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread