Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Dynasty: Miles Sanders - Eagles

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Actually, 3 runs of 70+ yards. Sanders 2020 season was an historic one, accomplishing something most Hall of Fame RBs have not. But yeah, Sanders is a JAG with no explosiveness or upside. Makes zero s

I have read some stuff on PFF that seems to indicate pass blocking ability only really matters for fantasy on the abosulte extremes. Even at the extremes it doesn't always matter, CMc's rookie year he

At first I am afraid, I am petrified.    

Miles Sanders rushed 11 times for 72 yards in the Eagles' Week 4 win over the Packers.

It could have been a bigger night for the No. 53 overall pick, but he let one of the biggest holes you will ever see at the NFL level go to waste on the Eagles' first play from scrimmage. Sanders made an awful cut and ran into the block of one of his own blockers, settling for a four-yard gain. He began to revive his night early in the second quarter with a 67-yard quick return. Sanders contributed a number of chunk gains, but Jordan Howard had more. Howard out-touched, out-gained and out-scored (3-0) his rookie teammate. Failing to distance himself from his veteran teammate, Sanders will be a boom-or-bust FLEX for the Eagles' Week 5 hosting of the Jets.

Sep 27, 2019, 12:26 AM ET

11 minutes ago, zamboni said:

The light seems like it's coming on for Sanders for the most part. But as long as Howard is playing well, barring injuries it's going to the maddening RBBC all year that was widely expected.

Agreed. He is an upside flex that shouldn't be relied on if you have other options. Still, he has a situation that can easily make him a week-winner. I've started him 2 weeks in a row in a deep lineup but his return yardage counts. Can't imagine having him in a normal lineup.

• Like 2
Just now, Flying Elvis said:

Agreed. He is an upside flex that shouldn't be relied on if you have other options. Still, he has a situation that can easily make him a week-winner. I've started him 2 weeks in a row in a deep lineup but his return yardage counts. Can't imagine having him in a normal lineup.

What was strange is that it was Howard rather than Sanders who got the passing game looks last night. And given how Howard did just fine with them, that may hurt Sanders' PPR upside.

11 hours ago, Wooters said:

Why is he in your starting lineup?

Injuries + Gordon. I picked him to be my RB3/4 but with injuries, I've been forced to start him.

Now with Gordon back, I fully expect Sanders to explode in week 5 for those looking to start him.

I realize Howard had a strong game last night....but Sanders looked electric. His kick return jump started the Eagles. 

He is going to eventually take over as the lead dog. Matter of time. Howard is solid. Sanders is star material. Great dynasty outlook.

48 minutes ago, Todem said:

I realize Howard had a strong game last night....but Sanders looked electric. His kick return jump started the Eagles. 

He is going to eventually take over as the lead dog. Matter of time. Howard is solid. Sanders is star material. Great dynasty outlook.

Dynasty sure.....but this year its going to take an injury for one of these guys to become a week to week RB2

7 hours ago, Todem said:

He looked better than he has before. "Electric" is a heck of a stretch though. 

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/28/2019 at 8:12 AM, Ilov80s said:

Absolute case of pareidolia here as what we see in the indecipherable cloud of the backfield and in Miles Sanders himself is whatever we want it to be. 

Certainly, you're right. Except very few ppl say he has looked 'special'. At this point he obviously lacks a feel for running the ball. But it looks like he's demonstrated ability as a receiver and pass protecter, so he has found a role at least. And you're hoping he devolopes as an interior runner. We'll see.

• Like 1

The schedule for Philly is brutal for the next 4 weeks so I am not expecting the running part of his game to break out any time soon. I do think he will continue to get targets as a receiver and could break out that way in a James White ish type way. Getting Djax back will help. 

10 hours ago, Mongidig said:

I do think he will continue to get targets as a receiver and could break out that way in a James White ish type way. Getting Djax back will help. 

I wouldnt be disappointed with a James White stat line at all in a ppr league. Im not greedy. Only happens if he can put Sproles on the bench, which I dont see happening. Pederson has a major soft spot for Sproles. Also consider Boston Scott put up some yards at the end of the Vikings game. Im not sure what thats all about though, i had already turned it off.

Miles Sanders rushed six times for 21 yards and caught three passes for 11 yards in Week 7 against Dallas.

Sanders started and leads the backfield in snaps but was out-touched by Jordan Howard. His run game role has been in decline the last three weeks, getting just 18 carries over that span. Sanders has been doing most of his damage out of the backfield, but he finished with just three targets this week. Gamescript should be in his favor, but Sanders has a shy-away matchup against Buffalo in Week 8.

Oct 20, 2019, 11:35 PM ET

How long to stash him in redraft?  He is behind Conner, Carson, Lindsay, Breida and now Chase Edmonds on my team.  Trying to prepare for Russell Wilson's bye week as well as deal with some injuries to WRs and he may be my option to drop.

While I have a couple weeks til the bye week...several QBs have been dinged up and will lead other teams looking for a QB option likely this week and next.

4 hours ago, sho nuff said:

How long to stash him in redraft?  He is behind Conner, Carson, Lindsay, Breida and now Chase Edmonds on my team.  Trying to prepare for Russell Wilson's bye week as well as deal with some injuries to WRs and he may be my option to drop.

While I have a couple weeks til the bye week...several QBs have been dinged up and will lead other teams looking for a QB option likely this week and next.

This is my question as well.  Having a short bench of only 5 spots (and AJG already holding one of them) + bye weeks + an irrational fear of dropping OJ Howard = a decision needs to be made in the very near future.

working against Miles Sanders is poor passing game and that o-line just isn't holding up, poor secondary so they keep falling behind, Miles Sanders himself who keeps dancing sideways instead of running forward, Jordan Howard who keeps churning enough runs down the middle to stay relevant, and the fact that this is the Eagles and odds of him getting a lion's share this year is slim to none. Feels like a cut and run in redraft if you can get a consistent option off the waiver even at RB2 level.

On 10/16/2019 at 5:12 AM, cloppbeast said:

I wouldnt be disappointed with a James White stat line at all in a ppr league. Im not greedy. Only happens if he can put Sproles on the bench, which I dont see happening. Pederson has a major soft spot for Sproles. Also consider Boston Scott put up some yards at the end of the Vikings game. Im not sure what thats all about though, i had already turned it off.

i believe this was two series at the end of the game where Wentz handed it off to him on every play except 4th down pass plays both drives. I wouldn't read into it, it was keep-JHoward-and-Miles-out-of-harms-way imo.

20 minutes ago, -fish- said:

Out of the game with a shoulder injury.  Questionable to return.   Tough break.   Looked like his breakout game.

one step forward, 2 steps back all season

Zach Berman @ZBerm

Pederson on being creative with M. Sanders:"We're looking into all that ...He's still a rookie. He's still learning the game. He's learning blocking schemes. ...We have to be careful (not) to put too much on his plate right now, but we...have been exploring other options w/ him."

He's basically established a floor so far this year.  Most of us didn't expect instant production, and expected 2nd half of the season where he begins to eat into a more dominant workload.  We're seeing glimpses of that now, and at worst he can be considered a backup that has a pass catching role and plenty of upside if he gets more work.  No reason to doubt his ability to handle it.  

• Like 1

He will be a very solid RB in 2020. He is starting to really settle in. That TD run was sick. Yes...no one touched him as he weaved through a nice hole....but he is getting the hang of the offense and the scheme. I love what I have seen. He is a burner with great hands and has what it takes.

• Like 1

I think once he adjusts to running inside the tackles/hitting the holes harder, he’ll be a well rounded threat. He was probably a bit spoiled running behind the Penn State OL against inferior Big Ten opponents. rather than NFL defenses.

Edited by zamboni
  • Like 1
14 hours ago, Zyphros said:

He's basically established a floor so far this year.  Most of us didn't expect instant production, and expected 2nd half of the season where he begins to eat into a more dominant workload.  We're seeing glimpses of that now, and at worst he can be considered a backup that has a pass catching role and plenty of upside if he gets more work.  No reason to doubt his ability to handle it.  

Yeah...but a risk with Howard producing so well thus far.  Though, flex worthy many weeks because of the big play ability and receptions.

Injuries aside, moving forward it appears J Howard > M Sanders more fantasy production ROS? Which, isn't too bad when both produce. The run sure opened eyes though 😲. And I will be watching Sanders shoulder injury status. Bears have been gashed by RB's so there is a chink in their defensive dominance.

Christian McCaffrey had some real difficulty running the ball early during his rookie season as well.  Not saying Miles Sanders will be the next CMC but Sanders has good measurables, is already great in pass protection, and can catch the ball.  Add in a better than average offense/play-caller/QB and the upside is undeniable.

• Like 1

Miles Sanders (shoulder) is not practicing Wednesday.

Sanders exited in the second half of Week 8 against the Bills after piling up 118 yards and a touchdown on six touches. The injury is believed to be minor, but we need to see Sanders out there Thursday if he's going to play Sunday against the Bears.

Oct 30, 2019, 1:10 PM ET