What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Miles Sanders, CAR (3 Viewers)

I am pretty high on him based on last years performance. Pretty early for ADPs to be that accurate, but seeing him ~ 16 here, ~ 12 from CBS writers in aggregate, and ~35 on ESPN.  I think 12-16 is where I have him mentally, but I was hoping his ADP on websites would be lower so I can get him in the late 2nd or early 3rd.  Probably going to be a lot of online drafts this year, so it might depend on each sites pre-rankings, since it feels like a common thought is "there are 10 people still above him, I could wait another round", depending on the sharkiness of the league. Darn writers giving him the ADP I gave him (except ESPN).

I am pretty high on him based on last years performance. Pretty early for ADPs to be that accurate, but seeing him ~ 16 here, ~ 12 from CBS writers in aggregate, and ~35 on ESPN.  I think 12-16 is where I have him mentally, but I was hoping his ADP on websites would be lower so I can get him in the late 2nd or early 3rd.  Probably going to be a lot of online drafts this year, so it might depend on each sites pre-rankings, since it feels like a common thought is "there are 10 people still above him, I could wait another round", depending on the sharkiness of the league. Darn writers giving him the ADP I gave him (except ESPN).
I've been doing mock drafts on sleeper, his ranking on there is mid 2nd. I have the 7th pick in a 10 team start up soon, he will not make it past 14. The guy sitting at 5 will definitely take him with pick 16 if I'd let him slide.

CBS putting him 35 is ridiculous. Puts Sanders behind CEH and JT? Don't like it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rumors had them interested in Hyde or Freeman. I have no idea if there's truth there, but either could have taken more reps than Howard.
Gonna absolutely disagree here. This is Senders' backfield now. He was a rookie and for a good part of the season wasn't getting a ton of carries.  To think that his role could DECREASE this year is crazy. 

Gonna absolutely disagree here. This is Senders' backfield now. He was a rookie and for a good part of the season wasn't getting a ton of carries.  To think that his role could DECREASE this year is crazy. 
They didn't sign either, so I'm not sure we disagree really.  I'm just disagreeing with @Deamon's comment "that back would have less of an impact than Howard did". I'm saying if Hyde or Freeman had been signed, they could have taken more of a role than Howard. 

They didn't sign either, so I'm not sure we disagree really.  I'm just disagreeing with @Deamon's comment "that back would have less of an impact than Howard did". I'm saying if Hyde or Freeman had been signed, they could have taken more of a role than Howard. 
I am Deamon haha. 

So if Freeman or Hyde HAD been signed, you think Miles Senders' usage this season could have decreased from last year's rookie season usage? 

I am Deamon haha. 

So if Freeman or Hyde HAD been signed, you think Miles Senders' usage this season could have decreased from last year's rookie season usage? 
:bag:  I should pay more attention. Did you change your picture or am I just imagining things? 

I think without Freeman or Hyde, Sanders gets a heavy work load. Top 10 type, maybe top 5 in ppr. If either had been signed I'd wonder what the staff thinks of Sanders ability to carry the load. Not as much with Hyde, I actually think that would have been a nice duo. But if they brought in Freeman (unless maybe it's a bargain contract) I'd have concerns. 

I do think either hyde or Freeman would get more than 130 touches (Howard's load last year).

:bag:  I should pay more attention. Did you change your picture or am I just imagining things? 

I think without Freeman or Hyde, Sanders gets a heavy work load. Top 10 type, maybe top 5 in ppr. If either had been signed I'd wonder what the staff thinks of Sanders ability to carry the load. Not as much with Hyde, I actually think that would have been a nice duo. But if they brought in Freeman (unless maybe it's a bargain contract) I'd have concerns. 

I do think either hyde or Freeman would get more than 130 touches (Howard's load last year).
Nope same picture as always haha.

Sproles, Ajayi, etc. also got carries last year and are gone.  Every insider, and all the talk from the team is that this IS Miles' backfield.  He's the feature back, there's no doubts about that.  To see a decrease in load this year is pretty close to impossible (barring injury) even if they had signed Freeman.

He never got more than 13 carries a game last season until week 13.  He would have gotten MINIMUM 13 a game even with Freeman there as his backup. 

I think people are really missing the boat here if they don't see Sanders as the starter in Philly (which he wasn't last year for most of the year), and seeing his usage increase from a rookie year where he was behind Howard.

That's interesting, as a Sanders owner, I was more concerned with Hyde than Freeman.  I was fearful that Hyde, if healthy, could have formed a Thunder/Lightning combo, with Hyde eating up short yardage and clock killing duty.  I just viewed Freeman as a direct back up had he signed with them, considering more skill overlap than with Hyde.

Thankfully, we don't have to worry about either it looks like, and we can likely enjoy what looks like a primarily Sanders backfield.

That's interesting, as a Sanders owner, I was more concerned with Hyde than Freeman.  I was fearful that Hyde, if healthy, could have formed a Thunder/Lightning combo, with Hyde eating up short yardage and clock killing duty.  I just viewed Freeman as a direct back up had he signed with them, considering more skill overlap than with Hyde.

Thankfully, we don't have to worry about either it looks like, and we can likely enjoy what looks like a primarily Sanders backfield.
It's entirely possible that I overrate a healthy Freeman. 

Mene said:

Neither would have hurt him a ton.  This year is gonna be the Miles Sanders show... Similar to how Shady and Westbrook were when here.  15 carries a game minimum I think if healthy.... that puts him at 1.5X the carries he had last year when he was RB15.  His 3 Rushing TD's should almost surely go up too.

Do we think Boston Scott takes a significant number of carries?

I worry that he won't get rushing volume consistent with other guys in the top 10.  But I do think he'll get close to 80 catches.  I think he'll have a Kamara like statline of 900 rushing yards, 700 receiving yards, 10-12 TD's  

Do we think Boston Scott takes a significant number of carries?

I worry that he won't get rushing volume consistent with other guys in the top 10.  But I do think he'll get close to 80 catches.  I think he'll have a Kamara like statline of 900 rushing yards, 700 receiving yards, 10-12 TD's  
I will take it!

Weird, because Arian was known for his vision where Miles is ridiculed for his. I will say this for Sanders, he does better with stretch plays where he can see things develope instead of the instant decisions of the inside zone. Foster feasted on those stretch runs. Hopefully the Eagles aren't hard headed. 
He was hesitant early in the year and too eager to take everything outside and break things open he was leaving lots of inside holes and yardage on the table. He improved as he settled in

makes sense to me that he’d elicit wisdom from a player in an area he needs to continually develop. His inside running game looked to be the biggest area of improvement 

He was hesitant early in the year and too eager to take everything outside and break things open he was leaving lots of inside holes and yardage on the table. He improved as he settled in

makes sense to me that he’d elicit wisdom from a player in an area he needs to continually develop. His inside running game looked to be the biggest area of improvement 
I don't think Sanders improved much, except he exploited defenses for huge gains a few times. I'd still say he struggled there.

My hope is the Eagles stop using the inside zone so much. They haven't been doing rpo or read-option anyway so I don't see the benefit when your lead rb struggles with it. 

NFL training camp 2020: More reps for Tom Brady; Matthew Stafford speaks; an Eagle impresses

Excerpt:

It's not easy to impress your teammates during a walk-through, but Philadelphia Eagles running back Miles Sanders has pulled off the feat. Sanders' focus on adding strength this offseason has not slowed him down a lick, according to center Jason Kelce.

"He's still blazing fast, man. We were all commenting yesterday: We were putting in some protections where he was releasing on some routes, and the fluidity he is able to run routes with is just kind of mind-blowing to watch, even in something as small as a walk-through," Kelce said. "If he has added weight, I assure you it has not taken away from his explosiveness." -- Tim McManus

Eagles HC Doug Pederson said RB Miles Sanders would be "the guy" in the Philadelphia backfield this season. 

Pederson's comment adds to the steady drumbeat of reports that Sanders will operate as a workhorse in 2020. The Eagles coach wants to increase Sanders' reps this season after he saw 72 percent of the team's snaps in the second half of the 2019 season. Sanders' ADP has risen steadily over the past month; he's now the eighth running back off the board. Sanders comes with all the pass-catching upside you could want in a first round running back. 

SOURCE: John Clark on Twitter 

Aug 17, 2020, 10:09 AM ET

Duce Staley on whether Eagles need a short-yardage back: "I think Miles can do it all. When you have a guy like Miles that can make people miss, that can lower his shoulder and also can run you over, you want to put the ball in his hands as much as possible."

The Eagles have listed Miles Sanders as "week to week" with a "lower-body injury." 

The team's injury report didn't have specifics about Sanders' injury. NFL Network's Mike Garafolo said he doesn't think there's "any great concern" about Sanders "but he'll miss some time as the team is making sure players stay as healthy as possible." An extended training camp absence could be cold water on Sanders after weeks of Eagles coaches talking him up as an every-down back. RB Boston Scott, who was also listed as having a lower body injury, is available in the 11th round of seasonal leagues and would be the beneficiary of a serious Sanders injury. 

RELATED: 

Boston Scott

SOURCE: Jeff McLane on Twitter 

Aug 19, 2020, 10:56 AM ET

ESPN's Tim McManus reports Eagles RB Miles Sanders "will be ready to play" Week 1. 

A reassuring quote from McManus' unnamed source, to be sure. Sanders is listed as "week to week" in a lower body injury. It remains a situation to monitor for fantasy managers intent on drafting Sanders at the end of the first round or beginning of the second round. 

SOURCE: ESPN

Aug 19, 2020, 11:57 AM ET

Weird, because Arian was known for his vision where Miles is ridiculed for his. I will say this for Sanders, he does better with stretch plays where he can see things develope instead of the instant decisions of the inside zone. Foster feasted on those stretch runs. Hopefully the Eagles aren't hard headed. 
From college to parts of last year he did what I like to refer to as the Shady McCoy shuffle. McCoy would dance around the backfield a lot and most of the time get the yards but on those occasions he didn't he'd be tackled for a big loss. Miles Sanders did this routinely at PSU and in the NFL his rookie year at points. Half way through I saw it less but still noticeable. I'm not sure if it's a vision problem or not trusting his blockers. In a sense yes he left yards on the field last year and hopefully that's what he meant by that. Trusting his blockers more and having better vision 

Theres been talk about the Eagles bringing in Devonte Freeman but it's mostly media speculation like suggestions on a NFL.com piece of best fits for remaining FA"s. Freeman to the Eagles makes sense as he can get 5-10 TOTs a game build up his rep if he does well. On the flip side it hurts Sanders Production value but having another serviceable reliable back who's talented the Eagles maybe able to rest Miles more in games where they have a huge lead or down big and don't want to risk a dumb injury to the guy. 

However this shouldn't concern people now as it's mostly outside media talk and no Philly guys are saying anything. 

NFL Insider Adam Caplan said Eagles RB Miles Sanders is struggling through a hamstring injury, and was spotted Sunday doing "shadow" drills with the team's offense.

“I’m told he’s got a hamstring strain," Caplan said on the Inside The Birds podcast. "I noticed he was doing a shadow drill [Sunday], which is when you’re mimicking what you’re going to be doing … just doing shadow pass blocking. Well guess what? If he’s got a bad injury, he ain’t doing that.” Podcast host Geoff Mosher said Sanders' hamstring issue was "not the least mild one, but also not the most severe.” While Sanders is expected to be ready for Week 1, a lingering hamstring injury could make fantasy drafters squeamish to take him over other top running backs. 

SOURCE: Inside The Birds 

Aug 31, 2020, 11:20 AM ET

Here is the transcript of what Peterson said about Sanders.

Reporter: "In Miles Sanders case,  the fact that he did not have really a training camp for you. Do you have to manage his workload early in the season?"

Doug Peterson:  "You know I think it goes back to even last year when he missed some time and we managed him to get him ready to play. I do think there's some possibility,  that is a possibility. We'll get him through this week and see how he does and see where he's at on Sunday."

Now he’s been spotted at practice and a lot of mights and maybes. 

Some of this is starting to sound like coschspeak & gamesmanship.

Miles Sanders (hamstring) returned to practice Wednesday.

It's the first time the media has seen Sanders practice since he pulled his hamstring the first week of camp. Coach Doug Pederson has labeled Sanders as "day to day" ahead of the Week 1 opener against Washington. Ultimately, we expect him to be out there as the starter, but there is a "possibility" the Eagles dial back his workload some, per Pederson. Still, he's a lock-and-load fantasy start in a dream matchup for the opener.

Now he’s been spotted at practice and a lot of nights and maybes. 

Some of this is starting to sound like coschspeak & gamesmanship.

I'm firing him up everywhere, including the Yahoo Cup.

If you don't start him vs. the Washington Amateur Football team, what were you drafting him for right....?

Starting him with confidence, and sticking my chest out proudly.......................

(season ender imminent)

But fingers crossed he has a Hell of a season. :football:

TZM

Users who are viewing this thread