What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Miles Sanders, CAR (1 Viewer)

I'm firing him up everywhere, including the Yahoo Cup.

If you don't start him vs. the Washington Amateur Football team, what were you drafting him for right....?

Starting him with confidence, and sticking my chest out proudly.......................
he’s locked into my RB2 spot. If he starts for Philly, he starts for me. 

Maybe he’s more of a receiver this week. I’m fine with that. 

i do wish I knew it was a hammy day, 3 days ago. I may have taken a different dude. :(  

(season ender imminent)

But fingers crossed he has a Hell of a season. :football:

TZM
STOP THAT!  :rant:

he’s locked into my RB2 spot. If he starts for Philly, he starts for me. 

Maybe he’s more of a receiver this week. I’m fine with that. 

i do wish I knew it was a hammy day, 3 days ago. I may have taken a different dude. :(  

STOP THAT!  :rant:
I think that WFT’s defensive front will give the Eagles some trouble running. Agreed he will get his in the air. I’m not too concerned about the limited snaps. Quotes seem fairly optimistic.

I'm firing him up everywhere, including the Yahoo Cup.

If you don't start him vs. the Washington Amateur Football team, what were you drafting him for right....?

Starting him with confidence, and sticking my chest out proudly.......................

(season ender imminent)

But fingers crossed he has a Hell of a season. :football:

TZM
ok you've done it, you've got me singing Leo Sayer's you make me feel like dancing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=HhSjwU8gEsI

I'm starting Sanders. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Rotoworld take:

Miles Sanders (hamstring) remained "limited" in Thursday's practice. 

It means Sanders did not suffer a setback after Wednesday's return, though it still does not guarantee he will be ready for his usual role against the Washington Football Team that refuses to name itself. A "full" session on Friday would be an excellent sign, but another limited session is most likely. At this point, Sanders is shaping up as a borderline RB1/2 who could fall further depending on the reports we receive. 

Sep 10, 2020, 4:02 PM ET

Miles Sanders (hamstring) is questionable for Week 1 against Washington.

Sanders was limited for every practice throughout the week. Coach Doug Pederson said it's possible the second-year pro would have his workload managed early in the season, so Sanders' range of outcomes (assuming he's available) are truly up in the air. Boston Scott avoided Friday's injury report and would be the clear pivot if Sanders can't go. Sanders himself would ring in as a low-end FLEX option with minimal confidence (barring reports against Pederson's statement) if available.

SOURCE: Philadelphia Eagles on Twitter

Sep 11, 2020, 3:42 PM ET

Would be great for all fantasy owners (of Sanders, Scott or both) if he just sat and rested rather than was purposely limited and risk re-aggravating the injury. But obviously we know NFL coaches don’t work that way.

Eagles Homers.

Is Pederson usually pretty open with injury speak? Could he be playing head games?

Sincerely,

Newly minted Sanders owner.

Eagles Homers.

Is Pederson usually pretty open with injury speak? Could he be playing head games?

Sincerely,

Newly minted Sanders owner.
As of late he has been more vague. Just last season he started giving "week to week" injury timelines vs 1 week here 2 weeks there. I believe there is a strong chance he is being extra cautious here at the same time mixed with some gamesmanship.

With that said, Doug at times has "not fed" the correct running back in a lot of ways of the years since he got here, but in the end trust Miles will get around 15 touches. 

Personally feeing ok because I have Sanders and Scott, but no Sanders owners want to see Scott do too well and force more of an RBBC than what was planned.

Gotta be kidding me. :doh:  
Nope, he did not travel with the team.

It will come out shortly.

And you thought I was joking............. (trade Sanders for pennies on the dollar lol)

This sucks because this matchup was really one of the main reasons you drafted him, or at least I did.

TZM

Nope, he did not travel with the team.

It will come out shortly.

And you thought I was joking............. (trade Sanders for pennies on the dollar lol)

This sucks because this matchup was really one of the main reasons you drafted him, or at least I did.

TZM
I saw it.  They want him healthy for the long haul & saw the TBD’s as a tough matchup so they’re resting him. 

hopefully this gets him right for week 2. 

Just thinking I could never start Sanders or Boston Scott. 

Scott was going to be the lesser part of a RBBC, as Pederson has always been a RBBC guy, but now he’s the leader of any RBBC.
Based on Pederson and Staley’s comments in the off-season, it seems like they were/are planning to use Sanders as the workhorse despite Pederson’s history. That may change now, of course.

Based on Pederson and Staley’s comments in the off-season, it seems like they were/are planning to use Sanders as the workhorse despite Pederson’s history. That may change now, of course.
Yeah I wasn’t buying that. I mean I expected Sanders to be the (much) bigger part of the rotation but Scott was going to get run. Now he’ll see the majority of snaps. I do expect Clement to get work.

i whiffed on this one. the fact they didnt sign another RB and that he practiced all week i thought for sure he was playing.

This. Is. Unfortunate. 

My least favorite part about fantasy is going back and looking at the draft order in who I could of, should of, would of drafted at that spot knowing what I know now.

This. Is. Unfortunate. 

My least favorite part about fantasy is going back and looking at the draft order in who I could of, should of, would of drafted at that spot knowing what I know now.
Same. So much top level talent. Drafting at 1.03 I feel like you really have to nail 2.10 & 3.03. 

All the news was positive. Beat writers all expected him to be in there game 1 for a month before the season. That news was unchanged a week ago when i drafted. In fact, there was more optimism. 

Ah well. If he comes back healthy by week 2-3, still plenty of room for return on the investment. I have to look at it that way. If he was 100% healthy he wouldn’t have made it to 2.10

Same. So much top level talent. Drafting at 1.03 I feel like you really have to nail 2.10 & 3.03. 

All the news was positive. Best writers all expected him to be in there game 1 for a month before the season. That news was unchanged a week ago when i drafted. In fact, there was more optimism. 

Ah well. If he comes back healthy by week 2-3, still plenty of room for return on the investment. I have to look at it that way. If he was 100% healthy he wouldn’t have made it to 2.10
Is it too soon to say you should have drafted DJ?

I'll see myself out....

Is it too soon to say you should have drafted DJ?

I'll see myself out....
I was one of those high on DJ. 

he went 3.10

not unreasonable reach. But I also saw DJ get 7 touches in the 2Nd half. Houston may not have enough positive game scripts to keep him fed. 

so yes - until we see what Sanders does return, it’s too early. Especially considering DJs health record.

Maybe better to have a dude hurt early than late in the season. ;)  

Hopefully he didnt re-aggravated it. My main concern is that, but it seems like he still feeling off. Hopefully by missing week 1 he will be good to go rest of the season. 

I was one of those high on DJ. 

he went 3.10

not unreasonable reach. But I also saw DJ get 7 touches in the 2Nd half. Houston may not have enough positive game scripts to keep him fed. 

so yes - until we see what Sanders does return, it’s too early. Especially considering DJs health record.

Maybe better to have a dude hurt early than late in the season. ;)  
I just want one more magical DJ year. 

It's coming btw........

All the news was positive. Best writers all expected him to be in there game 1 for a month before the season. That news was unchanged a week ago when i drafted. In fact, there was more optimism. 

I drafted him at 2.5 going RB-RB. Hopefully it still pans out. I do have Boston Scott, and another question mark starter on my bench, so that helps for week 1. 

Hopefully he didnt re-aggravated it. My main concern is that, but it seems like he still feeling off. Hopefully by missing week 1 he will be good to go rest of the season. 
No reports indicated he aggravated the injury. Just couldn’t get it loose enough in time & the team didn’t want to risk it. 

hopefully that story Stays consistent over the next week. 

I drafted him at 2.5 going RB-RB. Hopefully it still pans out. I do have Boston Scott, and another question mark starter on my bench, so that helps for week 1. 
Scott is still on waivers in mine but I'm not rushing to grab him.  Taylor or M. Jones should get me through this week...hopefully.

Users who are viewing this thread