Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Dynasty: Miles Sanders - Eagles

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Actually, 3 runs of 70+ yards. Sanders 2020 season was an historic one, accomplishing something most Hall of Fame RBs have not. But yeah, Sanders is a JAG with no explosiveness or upside. Makes zero s

I have read some stuff on PFF that seems to indicate pass blocking ability only really matters for fantasy on the abosulte extremes. Even at the extremes it doesn't always matter, CMc's rookie year he

At first I am afraid, I am petrified.    

1 minute ago, VaTerp said:

Im a huge DJ guy and passed on Sanders for Carson in a PPR and .25 ppc league.  

WAY too early for any of these should haves tho...

I understand what you guys are saying. I won't derail this thread but watch that TD run by DJ a couple times. Not a lot of guys in the league can do that. 

3 minutes ago, Milkman said:

I understand what you guys are saying. I won't derail this thread but watch that TD run by DJ a couple times. Not a lot of guys in the league can do that. 

Like I said, I’m a huge DJ guy.  You don’t have to sell me on him.  I basically did no research this year and went on gut.  For whatever reason my gut said to pass on Sanders and take Carson.

Grabbed DJ a round later in a 14 teamer.

All I’m saying is it’s way too early for that kind of talk.  Especially when it’s injury related.  Any of these guys can literally go down at any time.

Edited by VaTerp
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, VaTerp said:

Like I said, I’m a huge DJ guy.  You don’t have to sell me on him.  I basically did no research this year and went on gut.  For whatever reason my gut said to pass on Sanders and take Carson.

Grabbed DJ a round later in a 14 teamer.

All I’m saying is it’s way too early for that kind of talk.  Especially when it’s injury related.  Any of these guys can literally go down at any time.

Agreed.

I mean DJ just gave his owners a scare on Thursday when he left the game holding his wrist. Let’s not pretend he’s indestructible.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Milkman said:

Fair enough. I agree to an extent but this is bad logic. So we're waiting till week 13-14 to make a call. Could get hurt at any point. 

No we made our calls a week ago. I’m not willing to over-react yet.

As far as DJ, he looked great. He was obviously hurt last year but with a back and ankle injury I had reasons to be concerned about this season and I still would be. He could surely be SOTD this year - he has the upside that comes with volume.

• Like 2

I think, just maybe, there is somewhere in between making the call on Saturday of week 1 when a guy has been ruled out for the opener vs and waiting til week 13-14.

Not sure where the bad logic is?  And I preferred DJ to Sanders before the draft and still do.  But that’s not the point.

All good tho.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, Milkman said:

Fair enough. I agree to an extent but this is bad logic. So we're waiting till week 13-14 to make a call. Could get hurt at any point. 

The logic is fine. We can’t make any call on a single game sample size. 

sanders missed a game. Johnson still might miss games 

We won’t know until we know. Right now we don’t know. Logic =  

1 minute ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

The logic is fine. We can’t make any call on a single game sample size. 

sanders missed a game. Johnson still might miss games 

We won’t know until we know. Right now we don’t know. Logic =  

DJ sample size isn't one game though. 

7 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

It is this year. 

Yeah but he has a 25-30 game sample. It's not like this is the first time we've seen DJ do this. He's literally had a top 5-6 ALLTIME RB year in FF in his history. 

I disagree you can't make an informed decision on a player after one game too. I do it every year. All you need is to be right more than you're wrong and it's a winning strategy. 

8 minutes ago, Milkman said:

Yeah but he has a 25-30 game sample. It's not like this is the first time we've seen DJ do this. He's literally had a top 5-6 ALLTIME RB year in FF in his history. 

I disagree you can't make an informed decision on a player after one game too. I do it every year. All you need is to be right more than you're wrong and it's a winning strategy. 

How about you guys talk about DJ in the DJ thread?

• Like 4

I just will never ever spend a top 3 or 4 round pick on someone who is injured and not practicing in full. It's just asking for trouble. 

Edited by Ilov80s
8 minutes ago, VikingFrog said:

That’s why I took him in the second round.

He's saying spending a pick in the first 3 or 4 rounds...

I'm not saying I won't ever do it again but I remember being burned more times than not taking guys with pre-season soft tissue injuries.

Edited by VaTerp
Just now, VaTerp said:

He's saying spending a pick in the first 3 or 4 rounds...

I'm not saying I won't ever do it bu I remember being burned more times than not taking guys with pre-season soft tissue injuries.

I know. I needed to add my /s sarcasm font. 

I was deciding between him and Aaron Jones at 2.5 and took Sanders based on my tier rankings I had in front of me. 

Soft tissue stuff scares me. And there seems to be a lot of it going around. So my guess is we’ll see more. 

I did make a more conscious effort to handcuff my studs and grab lottery ticket running backs across the board, so at least I have him covered.

20 minutes ago, VikingFrog said:

That’s why I took him in the second round.

Same. There comes a point he’s worth it. I’m ok for a few weeks. Getting a potential 1st round talent at 2.10 can be a league winner. 🤷🏼‍♂️

1 minute ago, VikingFrog said:

I know. I needed to add my /s sarcasm font. 

I was deciding between him and Aaron Jones at 2.5 and took Sanders based on my tier rankings I had in front of me. 

Soft tissue stuff scares me. And there seems to be a lot of it going around. So my guess is we’ll see more. 

I did make a more conscious effort to handcuff my studs and grab lottery ticket running backs across the board, so at least I have him covered.

Gotcha.  Sarcasm went over my head.

I'm a sucker for getting percieved value so I will often gamble when getting an injury discount. 

Honestly I paid zero attention this pre-season so I didn't really know that much about Sanders dealing with a hamsting issue.  I passed him on my board just based on thinking Pederson plays a little too many games for my taste.  But I actually was liking Sanders more and more post draft as I looked at some of his stat analysis.  

Now knowing its a hammy, I'm kind of reassured I passed at the moment.  Tho he could very likely move past it and function as a RB1 for most of the year.  I do remember studying up on Steven Jackson for like a month one year when he had a hammy in pre-season and being burned badly.

Injuries are such a huge deal in FF and it can be a complete crap shoot.  But I do think staying away from pre-season soft tissue seems like a good practice.  It seemed like Sanders' issue was characterized as mild so I don't fault anyone for taking him in the 2nd.  For yal's sake here's to it not lingering all year.

9 minutes ago, VikingFrog said:

it’s a hammy, not an ACL. I suspect it being week 1 against a tough defensive front played into the decision to be cautious with it. 

the Eagles haven’t felt the need to add another back, so I’m optimistic this won’t be a long-term thing. 

We’ll find out in a week or so. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Ilov80s said:

I just will never ever spend a top 3 or 4 round pick on someone who is injured and not practicing in full. It's just asking for trouble. 

If we had known he was out week 1 it would have suppressed his market and I'd have been a buyer. Most teams/players rush back from injuries. Good to see Philly playing this one smart. Cause the second one is always worse than the first. 

• Like 3
13 minutes ago, zamboni said:

Good news for Sanders if he can get healthy is that Scott/Clement didn’t do anything in Miles’ absence. Bad news is that the OL seems to be having some issues.

Yeah.   No starting LT, RG, RT.  and then the replacement RT went down.   It doesn't get much worse than that plus washington def line is good.   The oline can only get better.

NBC's John Clark said there's "decent hope" Eagles RB Miles Sanders (hamstring) plays against the Rams. 

T Lane Johnson (ankle), who missed Week 1's game against Washington, also has a shot to play this week, per Clark. Sanders sat in Week 1 with a lingering hamstring injury. The Philadelphia run game was a disaster against Washington, as running backs rushed 16 times for 55 yards. Sanders could be on a strict snap count if he returns this week against the Rams. 

https://twitter.com/JClarkNBCS/status/1305526494324822017

15 hours ago, zamboni said:

Good news for Sanders if he can get healthy is that Scott/Clement didn’t do anything in Miles’ absence. Bad news is that the OL seems to be having some issues.

Yeah, I wonder how much either of these factors plays into the decision to rush Miles Sanders back.  Dropping a Division game hurts, and there is a lot of pressure on the team to avoid an 0-2 start.  Thankfully for the Eagles, Dallas also lost (and the Giants have a difficult tilt tonight against the Steelers).

Scott and Clement are no threat to usurp Miles Sanders' role in the offense.  I would say their ineffectiveness is more a negative than a positive for Sanders, as it reflects on the team's inability to generate a running game.   

If I were a Miles Sanders fantasy owner, I might prefer they hold him out another week if he is not yet sufficiently healed.  His time is coming, but no need to risk a setback while running behind a patchwork O-line.  It is a long season.

• Like 2

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Miles Sanders (hamstring) is on track to play in Week 2 against the Rams.

This falls in line with previous reports on Sanders. The Eagles are also expected to get back RT Lane Johnson (ankle). Philly allowed eight sacks and rushed for just 55 yards last week without Sanders and Johnson. It's possible Sanders will be on a snap count.

RELATED: 

Lane Johnson

SOURCE: ESPN

Sep 16, 2020, 12:03 PM ET

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Shhhhh, let’s not jinx it folks. :wub: 

dear Miami Dolphins: this is how you handle a hammy. Take note. 

Miled Sanders (hamstring) practiced in full Wednesday.

The Eagles held Sanders out for Week 1 after he practiced all week. There's some thought the Eagles took the Washington game too lightly and thought they could win without Sanders. That wasn't the case. Sanders should be out there Sunday against the Rams where he'll be a top-15 fantasy option at the position

Eagles RB Miles Sanders (hamstring) practiced in full Thursday. 

This is in line with reporting this week saying Sanders will suit up against the Rams, though the Eagles held Sanders out in Week 1 after he practiced all week. If he plays, fantasy managers should get him into their lineups. 

SOURCE: Geoff Mosher on Twitter 

Sep 17, 2020, 4:48 PM ET

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Faust said:

Eagles RB Miles Sanders (hamstring) practiced in full Thursday. 

2 days in a row with full practice? Or is it 3?  :wub: 

Welcome back, Mr. Sanders. May you be every bit worth the risk at 2.10 (or 1.12-2.04 if you drafted early) 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Welcome back, Mr. Sanders. May you be every bit worth the risk at 2.10 (or 1.12-2.04 if you drafted early) 

I usually don't tell everyone this, but as an owner in 2 leagues (one is my biggest league) I had to resort to my late season tactics.

I FED-EXED Miles Sanders a get well card over the weekend, and it looks like he got it.      :)

I'll fully expect a discount on my next case of hot sauce this year sir.     :wub:

I said it a couple years ago boys, if you like hot sauce, give this guy a PM.  Its worthy.

TZM

• Laughing 2

1 minute ago, TZMarkie said:

I FED-EXED Miles Sanders a get well card over the weekend, and it looks like he got it.      :)

like, sent to the team facility or something? 

that’s hilarious.

or desperate. 

one of the two. :lol:

now please go trade Sanders immediately so as to not curse him further. ;) 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, TZMarkie said:

I usually don't tell everyone this, but as an owner in 2 leagues (one is my biggest league) I had to resort to my late season tactics.

I'll fully expect a discount on my next case of hot sauce this year sir.     :wub:

I said it a couple years ago boys, if you like hot sauce, give this guy a PM.  Its worthy.

TZM

We all thank you for this. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Yd3lQVbkYc

2 hours ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

I got him in round 3.  Cook, hopkins, sanders

• Like 1

:wub: 

I am not expecting his snaps to be limited after he practiced in full all week. 

agles EB Miles Sanders said he's "ready to go" for Week 2 against the Rams.

"I'm 100 percent, ready to go," Sanders shared with the media. He also said he could have played last week but wanted to be careful to re-avoid injury. It's possible coach Doug Pederson limits the second-year runner in his first game back, but Sanders' full participation in practice throughout the week suggests otherwise. Barring a conflicting report ahead of Sunday, Sanders should be entrusted as a RB1 opposite the uptempo Rams.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, iamkoza said:

hosting freeman for a workout today

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1307056715498762241

Boston Scott & Clement didn’t exactly light it up in Sanders absence. 

Skeptical they do anything with him. He’s reportedly meeting with a lot of teams. If they pick him up I doubt it would impact Sanders in the slightest. 

12 hours ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Boston Scott & Clement didn’t exactly light it up in Sanders absence. 

Skeptical they do anything with him. He’s reportedly meeting with a lot of teams. If they pick him up I doubt it would impact Sanders in the slightest. 

Agreed.   Philly wants this to be the Sanders show this season.   He has the talent and skill set to be a very effective 3 down back.

• Like 1