What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Miles Sanders, CAR (1 Viewer)

Miles Sanders rushed nine times for 64 yards in the Eagles' Week 12 loss to the Giants.

Sanders tweaked his ankle on a 27-yard run to open the 2nd half but returned to the game. The injury hurt his workload to an extent, but he was in a clear committee with Boston Scott even prior to rolling his ankle. Notably, it was Scott who was used near the goal line, punching in a one-yard TD. Sanders has played well, but fantasy managers will need to keep an eye on his practice reports this week. If Sanders is fully healthy, he shapes up as a boom/bust RB2 against the Jets in Week 13.

Nov 28, 2021, 4:34 PM ET

Frustrating situation as a Sanders owner....first he can't get any touches early in the year....then the team decides instead of Hurts being their RB they'll start to give their RBs some carries and they become a running team.  Sanders gets some touches and does well and then gets hurt after a few carries and misses a few weeks.  After he returns he comes back as starter and fumbles after a few carries giving way to Howard.  Howard gets hurt and the next game Sanders runs well, busts a 27 yarder and then comes up limping again which gives way to Scott. 

He just can't seem to capitalize on his opportunities and if I'm the coaching staff I'd be frustrated with him as well.  They can't even go a half without him fumbling or getting injured.  I know it's a small sample size but time is running out and it's looking like a lost year with him.....

Last edited by a moderator:
He was demanding to go back in the game yesterday. Coaching staff kept him out. Not sure what they're protecting. They obviously don't have him in their future plans. Just run him into the ground. 

He was demanding to go back in the game yesterday. Coaching staff kept him out. Not sure what they're protecting. They obviously don't have him in their future plans. Just run him into the ground. 

his 7 carries to that point were -1, 7, 4, 5, 2, 11 and 27 yards.  so 5 of the 7 carries were for 4 yards or more and 2 were for 10 yards or more.  I have to think they want a guy that's going to pound it in there and tire the defense as opposed to shiftier type of back that will produce but not impart punishment on the defense.  That's all I can think of because from the eye ball and the stat sheet Sanders produces when given the ball but maybe it's not the kind of production they are looking for... :confused: :confused: :confused:

his 7 carries to that point were -1, 7, 4, 5, 2, 11 and 27 yards.  so 5 of the 7 carries were for 4 yards or more and 2 were for 10 yards or more.  I have to think they want a guy that's going to pound it in there and tire the defense as opposed to shiftier type of back that will produce but not impart punishment on the defense.  That's all I can think of because from the eye ball and the stat sheet Sanders produces when given the ball but maybe it's not the kind of production they are looking for... :confused: :confused: :confused:
Thank God Barry Sanders didn't have these coaches. 

Put Sanders on the Ravens or Niners and he'll happen. 
I agree. That's why there would likely need to be a distinction between this year and next year. Sanders is a good back, if you ask me. A quality back. He's just confusedly used by the coaching staff. Happens to the best of them. The only thing you can hope is he's not stuck there for too much longer on his rookie deal. 

Put Sanders on the Ravens or Niners and he'll happen. 
Yes it will be interesting to see what he could do on another team. Unfortunately though, RB trades don’t happen that often when guys can be found in the draft. If Sanders doesn’t get moved in the off-season and languishes one more year with the Eagles, he may not have much free agency value and could be part of the long list of talented guys who never really reached expectations.

I keep starting Sanders…what a mistake.

Are the Rushing TD’s this year by chance?

Hurts 8.  Attempts 122

Scott 4.  Attempts 61

Howard 3.  Attempts 51

Gainwell 3.  Attempts 43

Sanders 0. Attempts 88

gcoast3 said:

Hurts 8.  Attempts 122

Scott 4.  Attempts 61

Howard 3.  Attempts 51

Gainwell 3.  Attempts 43

Sanders 0. Attempts 88
he needs to take it to the house if he's going to score.

gcoast3 said:

Hurts 8.  Attempts 122

Scott 4.  Attempts 61

Howard 3.  Attempts 51

Gainwell 3.  Attempts 43

Sanders 0. Attempts 88
They never use him inside the 10 and barely inside the RedZone. Not sure why. Could have helped on Sunday when they were at the 1. 

Not that mckissic and sanders are the same back.  But look at Washington’s usage of mckissoc inside the red zone and even 10 last night and tell me why sanders can’t be used the same way.
Right? I get the fumble fears but the guy is good at pass protection, he can catch the ball out of the backfield and he's had a 5+ ypc for his career. And yet he never gets used like a lead back should. Maybe his next team. 

Anything new today on Sanders injury? (Or Howard for that matter).

I see news is leaking on Hurts and Minshew being prepared to start.
Interested in this as well. I've got Chubb and the Green Bay RBs both on bye this week, so trying to get a read on this. NYJ seems like a good matchup to use one or two of the Philly backs (don't have Sanders but have Scott and Howard)

Even if he plays, I don't think we can reasonably trust that he'll get a sizable workload unless Howard is out and they punish Scott for his backbreaking fumble last week. Just too many mouths to feed and Sirianni does not seem to view Sanders as highly as we do.

Even if he plays, I don't think we can reasonably trust that he'll get a sizable workload unless Howard is out and they punish Scott for his backbreaking fumble last week. Just too many mouths to feed and Sirianni does not seem to view Sanders as highly as we do.
Agree completely.  And yet the cupboard is bare on waivers, benches etc.  I need his points be it 5 or 25.

Miles Sanders (ankle) said he "plans on playing" in Week 13 against the Jets.

He also said his ankle "feels good" as he plans to practice for back-to-back days on Thursday. Sanders only logged 22 snaps against the Giants prior to injury but would presumably run in a 60/40 split with Boston Scott if truly healthy. It's the best possible matchup for both against a Jets defense permitting 28 backfield touches and the most fantasy points per game to that position.

I just can’t start him, only to see the rinse/repeat of him running well and then getting hurt and/or vultured by Scott/Hurts.

Miles Sanders (ankle) said he "plans on playing" in Week 13 against the Jets.

He also said his ankle "feels good" as he plans to practice for back-to-back days on Thursday. Sanders only logged 22 snaps against the Giants prior to injury but would presumably run in a 60/40 split with Boston Scott if truly healthy. It's the best possible matchup for both against a Jets defense permitting 28 backfield touches and the most fantasy points per game to that position.
ugh, I feel myself getting sucked back into starting him.  Is Hurts going to start?  I read he may not early in the week and then thought I read that he may start.  I also read that Scott was sick (non-covid) but not sure what his availability will be.  

Again, it feels like a situation that I should start Sanders (good matchup, good touch projection) but I KNOW it's not going to work out as I hope.  I'm a glutton for disappointment with this guy but I KNOW he's good and can take it to the house from anywhere and can't put that out of my decision making process....

https://twitter.com/JCTSports/status/1466465423331897350?s=20

Howard is practicing today, Scott still absent with non-COVID illness.

Assuming Scott is good to go, this looks like an ongoing ugly committee. 
I went to the guys twitter feed and this is from 3 mins ago...

Josh Tolentino

@JCTSports

Three days before playing the Jets, #Eagles have only two of their four running backs (Miles Sanders and Kenneth Gainwell) available at practice. Boston Scott (illness) and Jordan Howard (knee) not present.

1:02 PM · Dec 2, 2021 from Philadelphia, PA·Twitter for iPhone

I went to the guys twitter feed and this is from 3 mins ago...

Josh Tolentino

@JCTSports

Three days before playing the Jets, #Eagles have only two of their four running backs (Miles Sanders and Kenneth Gainwell) available at practice. Boston Scott (illness) and Jordan Howard (knee) not present.

1:02 PM · Dec 2, 2021 from Philadelphia, PA·Twitter for iPhone
Thanks - I must have pulled an older Tweet - got it from Fantasy Life.

Even if Sanders gets a full-time load he will probably disappoint yet again as the coaching staff just doesn't believe in him. Not starting him ever until I see a pulse of 100 YFS and/or TDs consistently

I'm glad everyone here finally is listening to the advice I was giving about Sanders in the summer.  Idk why it took so long.

Miles Sanders (ankle) was upgraded to a full practice on Thursday. 

This is terrific news for him taking the majority of the carries against a dismal Jets defense, particularly when paired against Boston Scott missing another day with an illness. It's been hard to trust Sanders this year but this will be a smash spot that should get him close to the RB1 line.

Miles Sanders (ankle) was upgraded to a full practice on Thursday. 

This is terrific news for him taking the majority of the carries against a dismal Jets defense, particularly when paired against Boston Scott missing another day with an illness. It's been hard to trust Sanders this year but this will be a smash spot that should get him close to the RB1 line.
Stars could be finally aligning, but I'm not counting my chips just yet. Great news for Sanders managers. 

Million dollar question. Hurts gets just about all those RZ carries. 
But Hurts isn't 100% this week. It could be the time. Or Nick will give him 5 carries where he'll rush for 80 yards and then bench him for Boston Scott who barely practiced this week. 

But Hurts isn't 100% this week. It could be the time. Or Nick will give him 5 carries where he'll rush for 80 yards and then bench him for Boston Scott who barely practiced this week. 
This is exactly what's going to happen.   And anyone who thinks differently still expects Ty'Son Williams to break out in Baltimore.

Hey Ty’Son saw a carry this week (for 1 yard) and a target (that he went to the wrong spot on)!
I'm still rostering Ty'Son in my dynasty league, but that's only because I was dumb enough to put him on a multi year contract after week one.  Can't say any of my other fa pickups were much better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Josh Tolentino

@JCTSports

No setbacks for #Eagles WR DeVonta Smith, who is here at practice again today after being a full participant in Thursday’s session. Still no sign of RBs Boston Scott (illness) and Jordan Howard (knee).

Users who are viewing this thread