What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MLB 2019 (1 Viewer)

I played one lineup today that has Morton, Lowe, Betts, Soto (over 112 pts from 4 players) and I'm still not even in the top 2000 in the DK $250k mini. I also wasn't able to pull Lopez before the game got rained out and neither did most of the pros. The lineup will probably min cash but I should have just stayed in timeout. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Took a couple days off but back at it in the slate that starts at 2. Going Milone and Lopez with Minn guys+ Judge,Yelich and Rizzo. Lopez usually dominates the Tigers so today will probably get knocked out after 3 innings 5 runs. 

Both SP got knocked around combined for 5.8 points. Bats did ok but Minn shut down so just barely broke 90 so obviously I didn't cash.

Played $1 in FD with Ryu+LAD+Atl that cashed for $2.

Came out a few bucks ahead on each site over the weekend, should have done better but FD cash contests werent filling.
I jumped back in on Sunday and cashed thanks to Nova/Paxton/Trout. For pitchers on DK, I've found mlb savant has actually been pretty useful focusing on K%

You doing any lineups for the All Star game?  I looking at DK showdown now. 

TwinTurbo said:
I jumped back in on Sunday and cashed thanks to Nova/Paxton/Trout. For pitchers on DK, I've found mlb savant has actually been pretty useful focusing on K%

Probably do at least one. It's tough because you don't know how long guys are going to play, even more luck needed than usual.

TwinTurbo said:

You just looking that the daily matchups link and looking at the BvP K rates?

Probably just lighting $2 on fire but went with Bellinger(C) Trout Yelich Ryu Bieber and Castillo on DK and Trout Bellinger,Yelich Muncy Lindor on FD.

Probably just lighting $2 on fire but went with Bellinger(C) Trout Yelich Ryu Bieber and Castillo on DK and Trout Bellinger,Yelich Muncy Lindor on FD.
It figures Bellinger, Trout, Yelich would combine for zero in the All Star game. I had lineups with them as well. Looks like only my Blackmon/Brantley lineups may cash. 

BTW, I just want to reiterate how terrible the sportsline.com experts are at pretty much every sport. Like worse than the worst result you could possibly achieve on your own if you didn't even try. Tonight their MLB expert was touting Valdez in the CPT spot in DK showdown lineups which of course would have resulted in negative 16 pts. However, I will say the service is somewhat valuable as a contrarian indicator. I went with Lynn instead who finished with 49+pts in the CPT spot. I just wish I put Odor in a few lineups. He's having a nice game.

BTW, I just want to reiterate how terrible the sportsline.com experts are at pretty much every sport. Like worse than the worst result you could possibly achieve on your own if you didn't even try. Tonight their MLB expert was touting Valdez in the CPT spot in DK showdown lineups which of course would have resulted in negative 16 pts. However, I will say the service is somewhat valuable as a contrarian indicator. I went with Lynn instead who finished with 49+pts in the CPT spot. I just wish I put Odor in a few lineups. He's having a nice game.
I used Lynn as cpt with Atuve and the rest Tex bats and cashed with 79.43 for +$1.50 on the night.

Well, I took a couple shots in the Draft post-ASB tournament.  I'll be honest - I felt a bit out of my league as the draft was going.  The SPs seemed to go way ahead of their ADP listings.  

One I tried going heavy SP, but the rest of the team suffered.   Here I took 4 SPs in the first 5 picks.  

Sale/Bauer/Snell/Castillo/G.Marquez/C.Cmith

LeMahieu/Tatis/G.Torres/Villar/Turner

Gallo/Dahl/Schwarber/F.Reyes/Castellanos/Cain/Verdugo

The other one I kept feeling like I was just missing on Sps and just grabbed a bunch at the end of the draft:

Ryu/Minor/C.Smith/J.Gray/Yamamoto/Lucchesi/Bundy/M.gonzales

Alonso/C.Santana/M.Olson/Biggio/Y.Gurriel

Yelich/Judge/Gallo/K.Davis/Laureano

Don't love either team, but it was fun so cross my fingers and hope for the best!

Had a Cin stack last night and scored 170+ but still fell 2+ pts from cashline.

Missed Bailey's late scratch/trade today so only playing with 1 SP so probably not cashing today either.

Had a Cin stack last night and scored 170+ but still fell 2+ pts from cashline.

Missed Bailey's late scratch/trade today so only playing with 1 SP so probably not cashing today either.
Hah! Managed to cash for $2 with 123+ with just Tanaka and bats from KC, Phil and Cubs.

Cashed in DK tournaments with this lineup:

Bieber, Chacin, Realmuto, Cooper, Brosseau, Carpenter, Segura, Judge, Merrifield, Soto. 133.1 pts and no zeroes. I switched out KC pitcher/1B for Chacin/Cooper last minute otherwise no cash

MLB savant had me looking at Cooper vs deGrom and Mets bullpen. Got a HR in 9th and it worked out. 

I played this showdown lineup for the Dodgers - Red Sox game. Even though the game is still in progress, it looks like this lineup will barely miss the cut. I think going forward, I won't try to fit a cheap player at the bottom of the order into the CPT spot. It's typically a losing strategy in other sports too. 

CPT - Nunez - 0

Boegarts - 21

Devers - 3

Freese - 10

Pollock - 23

Price - 18.45

Users who are viewing this thread