What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The comeback of the arcade (1 Viewer)

Ever play Gauntlet Legends?  I worked at a family fun center with a huge arcade when I was in college.  I'd load that thing up with free play and spend hours playing.  The only "wizardry" with leveling up game I've ever gotten into.  I was addicted.
Never even heard of it. Glad I didn't. Sounds like it would be a huge time suck for me. 

They have one near me called Abari. Great name.

They have classic pinball, classic games like Donkey Kong, Mrs. Pacman, etc. A couple retro consoles.

My favorite thing is called a game called Killer Queen. It's a 5v5 game. Only costs a buck to play, so generally the winner stays and the loser/new team pays. Super simple game, with a joystick and a jump/fly button. Addicting to play and even fun to watch other groups play. Love it!

Wow. Classic arcade games ... and craft beer?  Sounds like a slice of heaven.

I walked into a giant arcade close to where I live. "Round 1". Giant arcade, bowling, pool tables, darts, karaoke rooms. 

Did not recognize one arcade game. ... no classics. .. and in that gigantic place, not one pinball machine.

Just horrible modern games. I didn't spend one quarter.

Ever play Gauntlet Legends?  I worked at a family fun center with a huge arcade when I was in college.  I'd load that thing up with free play and spend hours playing.  The only "wizardry" with leveling up game I've ever gotten into.  I was addicted.
Never even heard of it. Glad I didn't. Sounds like it would be a huge time suck for me. 
Video of game play

Yeah, big time suck.  The hardest thing about quitting that job was leaving behind my saved profile on that thing.

I have two local barcades. I started playing their Tapper, which I hadn’t played since high school when they had it at my first place of work, and got the high scores on the games up to over 300k. But then they pulled Tapper from the closer barcade with the better drinks. So it was at the farther one that I went over a million. I’m annoyed they won’t bring Tapper back to closer barcade. Apparently they are using it in new Texas location. But it is a game I can’t play often anyway because it is a multiple hour time commitment that doesn’t even lead to a high score if I play all out. I can pretty much play endlessly, or until I lose focus. I’ve crossed a million, when score resets to zero, with nine lives.
This guy Tappers.

They have one near me called Abari. Great name.

They have classic pinball, classic games like Donkey Kong, Mrs. Pacman, etc. A couple retro consoles.

My favorite thing is called a game called Killer Queen. It's a 5v5 game. Only costs a buck to play, so generally the winner stays and the loser/new team pays. Super simple game, with a joystick and a jump/fly button. Addicting to play and even fun to watch other groups play. Love it!
This looks cool.

Link

There's one in Brighton, MI that's pretty good.  All classics and they offer Groupon deals.  Kids dug it even if the graphics were lame.  Dad dominated Mappy.

There's a barcade in Farmington Hills. I just glanced in it walking by. Maybe 20 games only?  Selection looked weak.

Only 3 arcade games I ever remember beating (ie dropping $50+ in coins to keep playing). Simpsons. TMNT and Revolution X (the Aerosmith shooter game). 

Got 9 pinballs and a 60-in-1 multicade game in the House. Winning!!  :pickle:
What ya got? Same here minus the 60-1. what does your 60-1 have?

I got Paragon, Kiss, Space Invaders, Magic, Genie, Lost World, Silverball Mania, Wild Fyre and Flight 2000. 

What ya got? Same here minus the 60-1. what does your 60-1 have?

I got Paragon, Kiss, Space Invaders, Magic, Genie, Lost World, Silverball Mania, Wild Fyre and Flight 2000. 
Mine pins are much more modern but I love all pins: Metallica Premium, KISS LE, Iron Maiden premium, Ghostbusters Premium, Star Trek LE, Batman 66 Premium, Attack from Mars Remake LE, Monster Bash Remake LE, and Wizard of Oz LE. 

The 60-1 has every great game you can think of, all the pac man games, donkey Kong, Galaga, frogger, centipede,etc. 

... just like I did at the Time Saver when I was a kid.
:bow:

My kids could never understand why me and my friends would spend three hours after school at a convenience store. The Time Saver nearest to Al Copeland's** house in Metry only had two games at any one time, but they picked very well: Xevious, Front Line, RBI Baseball, Excitebike, etc. Pepperoni's on West Esplanade was two blocks away, with the first real arcade I ever went to -- all the old favorites through to around 1986 or so.

** Al Copeland = the late founder of Popeye's Chicken, and a local celebrity.

Not a hardcore gamer, but I’m going to have to check out The Galloping Ghost arcade. It isn’t too far of a drive for me and I wouldn’t mind some nostalgia. Flat fee is a great idea. 

lod001 said:
Where did you get it?
Bought an original Galaga cabinet years ago (trying to remember where, maybe Craigslist) and then bought the multi jamma board to get all the games in it. Had to end up replacing original monitor with a new LCD but it looks perfect now. Kids absolutely love it. 

Doug B said:
:bow:

My kids could never understand why me and my friends would spend three hours after school at a convenience store. The Time Saver nearest to Al Copeland's** house in Metry only had two games at any one time, but they picked very well: Xevious, Front Line, RBI Baseball, Excitebike, etc. Pepperoni's on West Esplanade was two blocks away, with the first real arcade I ever went to -- all the old favorites through to around 1986 or so.

** Al Copeland = the late founder of Popeye's Chicken, and a local celebrity.
Xevious was great.

Freakin' hypnotic... but great.

I had the world's highest score in Frogger (860,630 points) for years until a truck smashed it... Game over.

Users who are viewing this thread