Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Preston Williams - Can Tua find a Unicorn?


Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, rockaction said:

Right. But right now Football Outsiders has Miami with a  34% chance of going to the playoffs. Why play this year to wait and see? They could let him soak it in from the bench while a competent QB leads their team (not that Tua isn't competent, but Fitz surely is right now) into possible contention. 

Not to turn this into the Tua thread but the reasons I see is that Tua has been doing really well in practice, he's the future, and they know they are not as competitive as they should be. Very realistic approach. They have an outside chance to win sure, Buffalo is likely to win the division, the Pats are the Pats, and they all get free wins against the Jets. It's a team that knows themselves. Fantasy players piss me off when they hold onto 28 year old RB's who are top producers and they're 2-6. Know your team. Flores does and he's preparing for the future while likely playing their best chance to win as well since Tua is ready to go. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

9.2 on target within 8 yards of the LOS 3.8 on target behind the LOS 1.2  on target 9+ yards downfield 4.2 that the target has to lay out but makes the catch 3.1 on the turf 2 yards short of t

stop with this nonsense

Just fielded a first trade attempt to get him from me.  I'm not selling unicorns for mules like Chris Thompson.

13 minutes ago, Zyphros said:

Not to turn this into the Tua thread but the reasons I see is that Tua has been doing really well in practice, he's the future, and they know they are not as competitive as they should be. Very realistic approach. They have an outside chance to win sure, Buffalo is likely to win the division, the Pats are the Pats, and they all get free wins against the Jets. It's a team that knows themselves. Fantasy players piss me off when they hold onto 28 year old RB's who are top producers and they're 2-6. Know your team. Flores does and he's preparing for the future while likely playing their best chance to win as well since Tua is ready to go. 

It's pretty easy. Fitz wasn't feeding the Unicorn. You can't have a unicorn in your stable and not feed it! Bring on the Tua!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
Quote

Preston Williams caught 2-of-5 targets for 15 yards in the Dolphins' Week 8 win over the Rams.

The five targets were second on the team to Myles Gaskin's six on a day Tua Tagovailoa attempted 22 passes -- competing 12 -- in his first NFL start. Williams should be considered nothing more than a WR4/5 until we see Tua do more with the offense. The Cardinals are up next in Week 9.

- Rotoworld

 

Edited by The Frankman
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ministry of Pain said:

Tua stinks just FYI

And the Unicorn dropped 2 rainbows today so there's that

Have a feeling the Dolphins will be drafting a WR with one of their 1st's next year and our magic unicorn ride is coming to an end

Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty nice day 4/5 60yds and a TD. How'd he look? I had to work all day and I got home, saw the stat line, and came straight in here. Maybe he even does more with a few minutes left. 

I traded him away in 1 league, so obviously he has a good game right? Should I keep trading him away every week? I have 9 dynasty leagues, own him in 7 more, I could get you to week 16 that way. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Zyphros said:

Pretty nice day 4/5 60yds and a TD. How'd he look? I had to work all day and I got home, saw the stat line, and came straight in here. Maybe he even does more with a few minutes left. 

I traded him away in 1 league, so obviously he has a good game right? Should I keep trading him away every week? I have 9 dynasty leagues, own him in 7 more, I could get you to week 16 that way. 

He was carted to the locker room. Not sure he returned. 

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Zyphros said:

Pretty nice day 4/5 60yds and a TD. How'd he look? I had to work all day and I got home, saw the stat line, and came straight in here. Maybe he even does more with a few minutes left. 

I traded him away in 1 league, so obviously he has a good game right? Should I keep trading him away every week? I have 9 dynasty leagues, own him in 7 more, I could get you to week 16 that way. 

He left with an injury, haven't heard any details.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Zyphros said:

Pretty nice day 4/5 60yds and a TD. How'd he look? I had to work all day and I got home, saw the stat line, and came straight in here. Maybe he even does more with a few minutes left. 

I traded him away in 1 league, so obviously he has a good game right? Should I keep trading him away every week? I have 9 dynasty leagues, own him in 7 more, I could get you to week 16 that way. 

Bad injury by his own team mate Wilkins after he scored the TD, he never saw the 2nd Half and it looked like he might miss some time

Link to post
Share on other sites

X-rays on foot negative, likely a sprain. Have to see how bad it is. What a dumb celebration the Dolphins were doing with Wilkins jumping on top of people. Of course somebody got hurt.

https://clutchpoints.com/dolphins-news-preston-williams-x-rays-on-foot-revealed-as-negative/

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, rockaction said:

X-rays on foot negative, likely a sprain. Have to see how bad it is. What a dumb celebration the Dolphins were doing with Wilkins jumping on top of people. Of course somebody got hurt.

https://clutchpoints.com/dolphins-news-preston-williams-x-rays-on-foot-revealed-as-negative/

Reminds me of the Kendrys Morales home run celebration at home plate for the Angels.  I'm a unicorn owner and an Angels fan 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, djmich said:

Reminds me of the Kendrys Morales home run celebration at home plate for the Angels.  I'm a unicorn owner and an Angels fan 😂

That's what I said in the game thread, actually. Reminded me a lot of Kendrys.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Dolphins placed WR Preston Williams (foot) on injured reserve.

This rules out Williams for at least the next three weeks. It's possible he's sidelined more than the minimum, but the Dolphins expect him to return this season. The loss of Williams means larger roles for DeVante Parker and Mike Gesicki. Miami could look to add Antoino Callaway to the active roster this week.

Nov 11, 2020, 9:31 AM ET

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, djmich said:

Incredible, breakout game last year and injured.  Breakout game this year and injured (by a teammate no less).

I still think it could have been on the tackle.  The defender was holding the lower leg/foot and he twisted diving into the EZ.  Getting jumped on by a 300# teammate certainly didn't help (might have made it worse) but I'm not sure that was the ONLY cause of the injury.  If it was, that #### has got to stop.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, heckmanm said:

I still think it could have been on the tackle.  The defender was holding the lower leg/foot and he twisted diving into the EZ.  Getting jumped on by a 300# teammate certainly didn't help (might have made it worse) but I'm not sure that was the ONLY cause of the injury.  If it was, that #### has got to stop.

Flores says Preston was injured on the TD, not the celebration. Is he covering for Wilkins? Maybe.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SoBeDad said:

Flores says Preston was injured on the TD, not the celebration. Is he covering for Wilkins? Maybe.

Watch the tackle around the 1:35-1:40 mark here.  Defender is holding his foot and they both do a full twist.  That was my guess as to where it happened (or at least started)

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, heckmanm said:

Watch the tackle around the 1:35-1:40 mark here.  Defender is holding his foot and they both do a full twist.  That was my guess as to where it happened (or at least started)

I mean this seems bizarre that it's even a talking point.  He got up after the TD, danced, walked around fine, huge smile on his face, etc.

Then Wilkins jumps on him and you can see him kind of tweak his leg, and then he's immediately hopping on one foot and limping.

Pretty obviously injured on the celebration, even if Flores is trying to save face for his guy.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Is he a drop in redraft? 12 team 20 man PPR roster. Any idea about his injury past the 3 weeks? That puts us in the week 13-14 window, primed for the playoffs with opponents such as Bengals, Chiefs, Patriots and Raiders. 

 

What are you guys doing? Thinking? Drop for Reynolds or Pittman? Ahmed or Ballage? .... or keep?

Edited by candian fantasy guy
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, candian fantasy guy said:

Is he a drop in redraft? 12 team 20 man PPR roster. Any idea about his injury past the 3 weeks? That puts us in the week 13-14 window, primed for the playoffs with opponents such as Bengals, Chiefs, Patriots and Raiders. 

 

What are you guys doing? Thinking? Drop for Reynolds or Pittman? Ahmed or Ballage? .... or keep?

I've dropped in a few places. Needed wins now and he may or may not help me if I get to the dance. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, candian fantasy guy said:

Is he a drop in redraft? 12 team 20 man PPR roster. Any idea about his injury past the 3 weeks? That puts us in the week 13-14 window, primed for the playoffs with opponents such as Bengals, Chiefs, Patriots and Raiders. 

 

What are you guys doing? Thinking? Drop for Reynolds or Pittman? Ahmed or Ballage? .... or keep?

I think Reynolds and Pittman were on par with him to begin with. Let's not forget Unicorn was having a tough year before Tua.

I guess it all depends what you need and how you think Williams will come back. I'd drop for Pittman for sure, Reynolds maybe. But that's just me. One's a rook and one barely won the third receiver job from Van Jefferson (another rook).

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, socrates said:

Has anyone heard any news on whether Preston Williams can return yet this season.  What was the extent of his injury?

No news here. That injury just looked bad when it happened. Christian Wilkins rode the guy's back while he was jumping up and down and he immediately went down and hobbled to the sidelines. I'll scour the web for something on it.

eta* Flores called it "more significant than we thought" when he was asked about it on Nov. 11th.

eta2* And they're insisting he got hurt on the tackle, but he got right up and started a group dance celebration with no problem. Perhaps I'm wrong, but this sounds like a circle the wagons type of thing with respect to team and media knowledge.

Edited by rockaction
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, socrates said:

Has anyone heard any news on whether Preston Williams can return yet this season.  What was the extent of his injury?

 

29 minutes ago, rockaction said:

No news here. That injury just looked bad when it happened. Christian Wilkins rode the guy's back while he was jumping up and down and he immediately went down and hobbled to the sidelines. I'll scour the web for something on it.

eta* Flores called it "more significant than we thought" when he was asked about it on Nov. 11th.

eta2* And they're insisting he got hurt on the tackle, but he got right up and started a group dance celebration with no problem. Perhaps I'm wrong, but this sounds like a circle the wagons type of thing with respect to team and media knowledge.

Twitter a week ago

Maybe for the playoffs but NFL Playoffs, doesn't seem likely for any FF purposes in 2020, that's my opinion based on anything I've seen. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ministry of Pain said:

 

Twitter a week ago

Maybe for the playoffs but NFL Playoffs, doesn't seem likely for any FF purposes in 2020, that's my opinion based on anything I've seen. 

Thank you!  Dr. Jene Bramel brought up Williams' name in the most recent Footballguys Waiver Wire Podcast, indicating Williams is eligible to return this week, but the Dolphins would not comment on his status.  I have found no specific information regarding Preston Williams' recovery or expected return date.  I have drawn the same conclusion as you, but I have been holding out some hope that we might see Williams return soon.  I am not relying upon Williams for my fantasy playoffs, but, as a dynasty owner, it would be nice to see Williams and Tua develop the chemistry that appeared to be there prior to the sprained foot that has sidelined Williams. 

Link to post
Share on other sites


 

Quote

ESPN's Cameron Wolfe said there's "no guarantee" Preston Williams (foot) plays again this season. 

Williams was placed on injured reserve in early November after being carted off the field in Week 9 against the Cardinals. Wolfe reiterated that Williams' injury "wasn't minor," adding that "maybe there's hope" for a late December return for the wideout. DeVante Parker, just as he did in 2019, has become a target hog with Williams sidelined, commanding a 30 percent target share and dominating air yards for the Dolphins. Parker could shape up as a league winner in the season's final weeks if Ryan Fitzpatrick remains under center for the Dolphins. Tua Tagovailoa's return would be a massive downgrade for Parker and the rest of the Miami offense. 

RELATED: 

DeVante Parker

SOURCE: Cameron Wolfe on Twitter

Dec 4, 2020, 5:49 PM ET

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...