Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Preston Williams - Can Tua find a Unicorn?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

9.2 on target within 8 yards of the LOS 3.8 on target behind the LOS 1.2  on target 9+ yards downfield 4.2 that the target has to lay out but makes the catch 3.1 on the turf 2 yards short of t

stop with this nonsense

Just fielded a first trade attempt to get him from me.  I'm not selling unicorns for mules like Chris Thompson.

“Preston is doing a nice job,” Fitzpatrick said. “He’ll make some wow plays and he’ll make some plays that remind you that he’s a young guy. Consistency is going to be a big thing with him, but in terms of some of the physical features and the way that he can go and get the ball and those type of things, he’s been very impressive. Again, he’s working his tail off and it shows, but there’s a lot of work that still needs to be put in for him to be able to be trusted and be out there.”

https://www.miamidolphins.com/news/top-news-dolphins-will-wrap-up-otas-this-friday

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Dolphins WR Preston Williams is reportedly "turning heads" at the team's offseason activities.

A 6'4", 211-pound UDFA out of Colorado State, Williams would've gained more acknowledgment had he not failed multiple drug tests in college and earned a disinvite from the Combine for a domestic violence arrest. Outside of glaring off-the-field issues in his past, however, the former five-star recruit has stood out as a big-bodied talent that could compete for a reserve role under Miami's new regime. He's a name to monitor in camp.

SOURCE: The Palm Beach Post

May 30, 2019, 7:11 AM ET

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/29/2019 at 5:20 AM, Rodrigo Duterte said:

Soft.  Won't make it in the NFL. Got a good team to help him pull it off, but it won't happen.

Would love to be wrong about him, but I doubt it.

...He did?

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Streetduck said:

Anyone who pretends to know what the end result is going to be is just foolishness, he is a lottery ticket and we each pick our own numbers.

for sure, but hes got more talent than most lotto tickets, and he has a really good situation. 

Hes likely a nobody this year, but has big potential long term. I missed out but I'm hoping hes a roster cut down victim

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Need to get the hype train going on this guy.  I got him off the wire in all three of my 16 man leagues and I have no taxi room so I'd love to flip him for a 2020 1st.  Let's hope he tears up TC and goes off in week 1 PS game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, King of the Jungle said:

2020 1st....what am I missing here?

Wilson and Stills are talented and should garner the majority of targets. Drake will be targeted. If Williams makes the team....and surpasses Parker he could get some action. But a lot of “ifs” for an UDFA to overcome.

He’s just saying if there’s preseason hype and he blows up there some one may get excited a pay a 2020 first.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

He’s just saying if there’s preseason hype and he blows up there some one may get excited a pay a 2020 first.

I hope that for all my lotto tickets as well, but he has a ways to go. He didn’t seem to have great separation skills in the highlights I watched. He did seem to have good ball skills however. Could see him taking Parker’s spot if things work out, just not sure it leads to anything to get excited about.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/19/2019 at 3:44 PM, King of the Jungle said:

2020 1st....what am I missing here?

Wilson and Stills are talented and should garner the majority of targets. Drake will be targeted. If Williams makes the team....and surpasses Parker he could get some action. But a lot of “ifs” for an UDFA to overcome.

 

On 7/19/2019 at 8:06 PM, Dr. Octopus said:

He’s just saying if there’s preseason hype and he blows up there some one may get excited a pay a 2020 first.

I'll pay a 1st haha.  He's an easy candidate to make the team, no question here.  Can ya'll shutup for like 2 days before my pick soon though so this doesn't get the attention.  I want 100% exposure and this is my last draft.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/19/2019 at 10:17 PM, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

come on.....he will be lucky to make the team.....i love the kid as a lotto ticket....but lets not flip out here

 

On 7/19/2019 at 10:26 PM, King of the Jungle said:

I hope that for all my lotto tickets as well, but he has a ways to go. He didn’t seem to have great separation skills in the highlights I watched. He did seem to have good ball skills however. Could see him taking Parker’s spot if things work out, just not sure it leads to anything to get excited about.

What you guys seems to dismiss is that we don't need his consensus price to reach a 1st - just one guy in the league to believe.  Zyphros has long been a supporter and I have seen others talking him up here too.  I've already been offered a conditional 2nd for him so it's not a large stretch to get from there to 1st rounder territory and I even saw him added via post-draft waivers for $10 - that's not far from 1st round value at all.  If he gets good press, Rosen looks good, he surpasses Parker on the depth chart, he goes out and catches a 70 yarder in week 1 - tons of things can happen to generate a price swing.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Hankmoody said:

 

What you guys seems to dismiss is that we don't need his consensus price to reach a 1st - just one guy in the league to believe.  Zyphros has long been a supporter and I have seen others talking him up here too.  I've already been offered a conditional 2nd for him so it's not a large stretch to get from there to 1st rounder territory and I even saw him added via post-draft waivers for $10 - that's not far from 1st round value at all.  If he gets good press, Rosen looks good, he surpasses Parker on the depth chart, he goes out and catches a 70 yarder in week 1 - tons of things can happen to generate a price swing.

Absolutely, and you could say that for any young/unproven prospect. He is sitting on the waiver of my 12 team league (18 man rosters) so I will be keeping an eye on him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, King of the Jungle said:

Absolutely, and you could say that for any young/unproven prospect. He is sitting on the waiver of my 12 team league (18 man rosters) so I will be keeping an eye on him.

You could, but few are in the perfect storm of opportunity he is - a QB that's currently maligned but might just be a whole lot better this year than last and no real competition for targets in the most wide-open WR corp in the league.  And while his physical profile took a bit of a hit after his pro-day it's still more impressive than most UDFA.  If Keelan Doss goes out and does those kinds of things the response will likely be "meh, AB is there, his ceiling is capped" or if Stanley Morgan does it'll be "well, he's pretty ordinary, and it's Dalton, and there's AJG and Boyd there".  Preston Williams has none of those things in front of him aside from mistrust of Rosen's future.  Personally I think Rosen got hosed in ARI and still has a better than average chance to turn out to be a very good QB and he doesn't scare me one bit.  So if HE goes out and looks good, bringing Preston Williams along with him, that's got a chance to skyrocket both their values.  That's what I'm looking at.

In a 12 man he's a lot harder to roster, I do get that, and I did specify I held him only in 16 man leagues.  He was actually drafted in my 12 man leagues, and way early for my taste.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Hankmoody said:

You could, but few are in the perfect storm of opportunity he is - a QB that's currently maligned but might just be a whole lot better this year than last and no real competition for targets in the most wide-open WR corp in the league.  And while his physical profile took a bit of a hit after his pro-day it's still more impressive than most UDFA.  If Keelan Doss goes out and does those kinds of things the response will likely be "meh, AB is there, his ceiling is capped" or if Stanley Morgan does it'll be "well, he's pretty ordinary, and it's Dalton, and there's AJG and Boyd there".  Preston Williams has none of those things in front of him aside from mistrust of Rosen's future.  Personally I think Rosen got hosed in ARI and still has a better than average chance to turn out to be a very good QB and he doesn't scare me one bit.  So if HE goes out and looks good, bringing Preston Williams along with him, that's got a chance to skyrocket both their values.  That's what I'm looking at.

In a 12 man he's a lot harder to roster, I do get that, and I did specify I held him only in 16 man leagues.  He was actually drafted in my 12 man leagues, and way early for my taste.

I understand what you are saying. I do think the wide receivers for the Dolphins are more talented than they get credit for. Stills and Wilson are good players. Grant has his place in the offense based on his big play ability. Parker has talent but I am less confident that he reaches his potential. I think Wilson will have a big year if healthy and Stills will get targets. Drake if used properly should be third in line at worst. Even if all the stars align and Preston steals Parker’s spot I am not sure it amounts to anything to get excited about. He was a UDFA and played at a small school. I read his forty was over 4.6 and in his highlights he doesn’t appear to separate against small school competition. Just not sure he is more than a Devin Funchess type player. I like his height and length and he appears to play the ball well in the air, just not sure there is much more to him. Your posts have me keeping an eye on him though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

been pretty quiet about him.....

Beat writers have been impressed continuously.  Same with Fitzpatrick.  That said, he’s still an UDFA that they might try and slip on the practice squad.  Really hope he gets a chance to play preseason before that happens though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Day 3

Quote

Williams had a standout play of sorts, jumping high to catch a pass in the end zone, except he kept only one foot inbounds while coming down. Williams has not made much of his opportunities on the third-team offense in training camp after flashing at times during offseason workouts. …

 

not off to a good start. wish I saw this 12 hrs ago lol

Edited by Dr. Dan
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JoeSteeler said:

Preston Williams had a nice practice. He got the best of NFL Network’s 55th-best player (Howard) in one-on-one. Williams is involved heavily in each portion, including some work as a gunner.

Excelling on special teams will help him earn a roster spot!

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Quote

Travis Wingfield @WingfieldNFL

After a false start Rosen comes back to Preston Williams on a deep out for a perfect strike. Gain of 15, moves the chains.

 

Quote

Joe Schad @schadjoe

Preston Williams coming alive on first 11-on-11 opportunity today. Two nice catches from Josh Rosen. #MiamiDolphins

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

https://mobile.twitter.com/CameronWolfe

Xavien Howard with a bold evaluation of Dolphins WR Preston Williams: “He’s special, man. He’s going to be a No.1 receiver one day.” Why? “I’ve watched receivers for a long time. He’s special.” Preston Williams flashed a wide smile when he was told what X said.

Edited by King of the Jungle
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/3/2019 at 12:39 PM, King of the Jungle said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/CameronWolfe

Xavien Howard with a bold evaluation of Dolphins WR Preston Williams: “He’s special, man. He’s going to be a No.1 receiver one day.” Why? “I’ve watched receivers for a long time. He’s special.” Preston Williams flashed a wide smile when he was told what X said.

He's coming on, glad I got on the train in my leagues:banned:

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I now have 100% exposure (who doubted that?) in all my dyno leagues.  7 leagues to be exact.  

2 of which were startups that I took him in the 19th, and the 16th round.  16th was after some OTA and training camp hype.  Otherwise in rookie picks the earliest I took him was 4.05.  

Couldn't be more excited to see him doing well so far and making highlight plays.  Can he keep his head on straight and become consistent now, that is the question. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Quote

John Daigle @notJDaigle

#Fins UDFA WR Preston Williams (6’5/218) continues to surge at camp, out-playing Brice Butler for reps with Miami’s second-string. Will be one of the most intriguing players to watch this preseason.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Zyphros said:

I now have 100% exposure (who doubted that?) in all my dyno leagues.  7 leagues to be exact.  

2 of which were startups that I took him in the 19th, and the 16th round.  16th was after some OTA and training camp hype.  Otherwise in rookie picks the earliest I took him was 4.05.  

Couldn't be more excited to see him doing well so far and making highlight plays.  Can he keep his head on straight and become consistent now, that is the question. 

Thanks for your original post on this guy. I was skeptical at first but there has been smoke since day one and now he is getting some run with the 1s. 

 

NFL Beat Writers Retweeted

·

1h

Preston Williams with another catch -- this one from Ryan Fitzpatrick. Easily best WR on the field today.

NFL Beat Writers Retweeted

·

1h

#Dolphins WR Preston Williams is getting run with the ones. He just caught a pass from Fitzy near the left sideline.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, King of the Jungle said:

Thanks for your original post on this guy. I was skeptical at first but there has been smoke since day one and now he is getting some run with the 1s. 

I was too when I said he's the most talent WR in the class ha.  Knew it was a limb, but until he went undrafted, didn't think it was THAT big of a limb.  Even if he amounts to nothing, I feel like I hit.

I officially got my first offer for him this week.  He wanted my 5th rounder next year and Preston Williams for Robert Foster and a 7th.  My league mates don't know about this thread.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Zyphros said:

I was too when I said he's the most talent WR in the class ha.  Knew it was a limb, but until he went undrafted, didn't think it was THAT big of a limb.  Even if he amounts to nothing, I feel like I hit.

I officially got my first offer for him this week.  He wanted my 5th rounder next year and Preston Williams for Robert Foster and a 7th.  My league mates don't know about this thread.  

It was a limb but he has talent. I kind of turned my head when he went undrafted. However willing to take a chance on him now that he is making a daily blurb in camp. Nice work Z.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Man With No Name said:

Today - QB Josh Rosen connected with Preston Williams for a 40-yard touchdown pass down the right sideline in team drills.

https://www.miamidolphins.com/news/miami-dolphins-highlights-from-practice-josh-rosen-preston-williams

That’s no TD, he’s down at the 4 yard line, at least that’s how I remember playing two handed touch.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Got another offer for him today.

Crowder, James Washington, Jalen Hurd, 5th rounder

for

Preston Williams and Curtis Samuel

I politely rejected and told the guy "Preston is my boy, I can't ever trade him unless he blows up or you pay up the wazooo ha. Sorry man. Appreciate the offer."  In which he replied, "Love Preston, may take a year but he'll be great."

The hype is building and people want him.  Might even be worth a shop for something super cheap cause it's only going to grow from here.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Dr. Dan said:

dak, preston, a 2021 3rd for a 2021 1st and Jimmy g

Flipped 2021 1, Jimmy, 2020 2nd for myler Murray and a 2020 3rd

This is how you play the offseason lottery ticket game. Yeah, if you sell you might miss out on a long shot stud. Of course, if you sell for the pieces that get you a guy with an even higher chance to be a stud...free profit, just for paying attention. I love splurging on young $1 blind bid players in June, then flipping them during training camp hype. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ConnSKINS26 said:

This is how you play the offseason lottery ticket game. Yeah, if you sell you might miss out on a long shot stud. Of course, if you sell for the pieces that get you a guy with an even higher chance to be a stud...free profit, just for paying attention. I love splurging on young $1 blind bid players in June, then flipping them during training camp hype. 

Those trades have little to nothing to do with Preston Williams IMO.  It's all died out hype of Jimmy G, getting him for cheap with a younger QB in Dak.  Then finding the other Jimmy G believer and making the right package.  If that's not 2QB, I think that's a garbage deal honestly.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Zyphros changed the title to Preston Williams - Can Tua find a Unicorn?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...