What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Preston Williams, MIA (1 Viewer)

Saw he lead in targets today, butterfingers going to cost him the lead role?
Probably not. There is not much else here.

But then we have a ton of draft picks and getting a blue chip stud WR will be looked at I am sure. You can’t be a lead dog and drop this many passes and think you will stick long term in the NFL.

He drops too many balls. He has to improve on this. 

One thing I've noticed is he doesn't seem to have very good hand-eye coordination. There have been some plays, especially on long throws that have to be tracked, where he misplays the ball so bad it's kind of comical.

Not sure what's causing it other than you're either born with some of those kinds of nuances or you're not, but it'll be interesting to see if Unicorn can improve on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Preston Williams caught 4-of-7 targets for 46 yards in Week 4 against the Chargers.

Williams again led Miami in targets after getting 12 targets last week. He caught a Mike Gesicki drop for a 25-yard reception and made a contested sideline catch on two of his targets, but also had another drop. DeVante Parker (4/70/1) had a better game this week, but Williams has established himself as Josh Rosen's go-to wideout. Williams will be a FLEX play against the Redskins when the Dolphins come out of thier Week 5 bye.

Could somebody make the case for Williams over Parker?

I'm going back and forth between which is the better option and am thinking Parker is better, but could be convinced otherwise.

I'm going back and forth between which is the better option and am thinking Parker is better, but could be convinced otherwise.
Williams has outproduced him so far(albeit only slightly) and doesn't have 4 years of underachieving to his name. Williams also has more targets so far.

Read Williams has a 29% target share from Rosen.  (this is an inaccurate number)   

Williams target share 24 and 29% last two games vs Parker's 15 and 17%

If I change the title of the thread back to what it was originally will that convince you? 

"Preston Williams Best WR in the Draft" or was it "Preston Williams Most Talented WR in the Draft"?  I can't remember.  

Anyways, Rosen and Unicorn are best buds, his snaps have continually risen, and they realize right now that they need to see what the offense can do.  It's time to test the waters in a cakewalk matchup.  They know who Parker is, and I'd be willing to bet he has an above average game, but they need more playing time out of Preston and they're about to get it.  

If I change the title of the thread back to what it was originally will that convince you? 

"Preston Williams Best WR in the Draft" or was it "Preston Williams Most Talented WR in the Draft"?  I can't remember.  

Anyways, Rosen and Unicorn are best buds, his snaps have continually risen, and they realize right now that they need to see what the offense can do.  It's time to test the waters in a cakewalk matchup.  They know who Parker is, and I'd be willing to bet he has an above average game, but they need more playing time out of Preston and they're about to get it.  
Thanks. May start him this week.

Thanks. May start him this week.
PFF also lists him as a regression to the mean (in a good way) candidate, saying he's really under-performed his expected fantasy points based on his average accrual of fantasy points with respect to volume (targets and routes run, in this case).

They say he and Parker are both due, actually. Who knows if this is just theory and cart before the horse or what, but they seem to be pretty good with this stuff over at PFF and ESPN, so...

Fun fact, Parker and 🦄 are tied at 14th in the NFL for dominator rating
What is dominator rating? Is that the college stat stuff you did this summer? 

eta* Oh, wait. That's that roto site, isn't it? What is it again?

Well, it's official that Rosen sucks and isn't the future.  I'm ready to write that part off.  I'm also super disappointed in the Unicorn today as he barely showed up.  At this point I'm just looking for growth during the year and he'll be stashed everywhere for my teams.  I won't cut him, probably ever.  But my patience is thin after today.  Maybe I just expected too much with Rosen (cause I still believed in him) and Preston to assert himself, but it just isn't happening.  

Well, it's official that Rosen sucks and isn't the future.  I'm ready to write that part off.  I'm also super disappointed in the Unicorn today as he barely showed up.  At this point I'm just looking for growth during the year and he'll be stashed everywhere for my teams.  I won't cut him, probably ever.  But my patience is thin after today.  Maybe I just expected too much with Rosen (cause I still believed in him) and Preston to assert himself, but it just isn't happening.  
Fwiw, I pretty much agree with everything you wrote.

If you had asked me last year, I'd probably have had Rosen as the top rookie QB. Sometimes I'm wrong.

Preston Williams caught 2-of-6 targets for 31 yards in Week 6 against Washington.

Advice: Williams was held without a catch in the first half. He was shadowed by Josh Norman most of the game, but was able to make some plays late in the fourth quarter. Williams played better when Ryan Fitzpatrick replaced Josh Rosen, though the Dolphins figure to turn back to Rosen next week.
Like the unicorn, his perceived breakout this season is a myth.

Just some information from the ground down here in Miami/South Florida

-It was widely discussed by the locals and those paid professionals covering the team that PW had the best camp outside of Xavien Howard so there really isn't a surprise that they are going to try and let him play. 

-I want to stress this for those that have a stake in the Phins, they are on a mission to go 0-16, this is about as bad of a football team I've ever seen. They let go of a quality LT on the eve of the season opener, that locker room thought he and other young quality players would be the building blocks, not the sacrificial lambs to get all remaining talent out of here...I've never seen a team trade Starting LT-WR-MLB just a couple days before the start of the season, all three of those players are leaders in the locker room. 

-Don't forget what they did to Stills for speaking out...Flores thought it amusing to play about 10 Jay-Z songs during practice...I could make a Nazi reference here but you get the idea. Flores wanted to send a message who was in charge and they watched Stills flushed from the team. Nobody is above being cut on this roster. 

-They have nothing invested in PW, he's a great story but they don't need to show case him and if even looks like he could win a game or two for them they will figure out a way to limit his output. I believe players are correct that even the game plan was vanilla and not really set up to beat anyone. 

Be very careful in making too many plans with this guy, some of you might have a lottery ticket in dynasty, good for you but overall I just would not put a lot into anything the Phins are doing at the moment. I expect a full mutiny soon including a fan base that quite honestly is naive and still believed the Phins would win 4-5 games this year and bounce back. This is now a 3-5 year minimum rebuild, it's going to be ugly for a long time, NOT just one year. Don't trust that you have a beat on the owner, GM/Pres-Chris Grier or the new HC-Flores. I understood Flores to have a 5 year fully guaranteed contract and was made aware they planned on losing for a high QB Draft Lottery Ticket...let's see how that feels in Week 8 because that's when the schedule really picks up. And oh btw they have the NE Patriots coming in with newly found WR Antonio Brown.    
Things have not changed much in the last 4-5 weeks

Part of the process is making tough decisions week to week in redraft. If Preston Williams was going to smash, he had a perfect spot here in an absolute dream matchup. Unfortunately, he saw a lot more of Josh Norman than expected. But for a guy with great measurable and playing on a tanking team where garbage time should also buoy his production... when do you draw the line? I'm not saying cut him in all formats or anything, but he's certainly not making it easy to keep him right now. Between the drops, the supposed QB affinity... it may not happen for him as soon as you think. He does have a somewhat favorable schedule...

Week 8 Oct 28 -- @Pit, Mon 8:15 pm

Week 9 Nov 3 -- NYJ, Sun 1:00 pm

Week 10 Nov 10 -- @Ind, Sun 4:05 pm

Week 11 Nov 17 -- Buf, Sun 1:00 pm

Week 12 Nov 24 -- @Cle, Sun 1:00 pm

Week 13 Dec 1 -- Phi, Sun 1:00 pm

At what point does he start to become not as valuable compared to other young lotto ticket WRs? This team just may be too tank-focused this year for him to break out. In Dynasty sure you hold onto him, but redraft? Guys like Diontae Johnson (once Rudolph comes back) and Duke Williams will have better QBs who actually are trying to win games and are showing value now. I'm not dumping on him to do so; I'm a Williams owner who paid $10 in FAAB to get him because of his garbage time production later in the year. But I'm not really seeing a lot of things that make me confident in him OR the team.

I wouldn't really consider him a hold in redraft, unless it's a really deep league. You're likely never going to start him.

Had a nice day today.  Could have caught a TD if not for being pushed out of bounds as well.  6/82 against a tough Bills defense.  Keep giving me hope in Unicorns.  

Preston Williams caught 4-of-7 targets for 42 yards in the Dolphins' Week 8 loss to the Steelers.

Williams caught all four of his passes in the first half. The Dolphins were shut out over the final 46-plus minutes of game action. He's yet to have a 100-yard game and hasn't scored since Week 1. Williams will be a WR4/5 next week at home against the Jets.

Oct 29, 2019, 12:14 AM ET

Unless Adams plays this week, unicorn is finally getting a start.  He got replaced by Tyreek last second when he came back the last time I was going to play him.  Fitz has turned to trash after the first few weeks so I have no other choice really.  Feel his ceiling is higher than Sanu which is my other option.

He was back fielding punts in the last game, right?  Was that a first for him this season?
No. But you don't see many guys his size as a punt returner. I think Jakeem Grant will be return punts once he's fully recovered from a hamstring problem. 

Users who are viewing this thread