What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Preston Williams, MIA (1 Viewer)

I think that next week's matchup with Seattle will be the true barometer for the Unicorn. 

The Seahawks' Swiss Cheese secondary is giving up 423 passing yards/game after two matchups.   Miami will have to throw to keep up with Seattle's dynamic offense;   they're letting Russ cook.   

10 months removed from an ACL, he is the starting WR for Miami opposite Parker, he's never going to be a reliable starter as 2nd fiddle in Miami. Parker signed a big contract and will get a lot of targets, I'm sure Preston will come on more once Tua takes over but that might not be for some time.

Undrafted rookie that turned heads last year, relax folks. 

10 months removed from an ACL, he is the starting WR for Miami opposite Parker, he's never going to be a reliable starter as 2nd fiddle in Miami. Parker signed a big contract and will get a lot of targets, I'm sure Preston will come on more once Tua takes over but that might not be for some time.

Undrafted rookie that turned heads last year, relax folks. 
This is the important point.  Fitz and Parker seem to have a symbiotic bond right now.

This is the important point.  Fitz and Parker seem to have a symbiotic bond right now.
Granted it was the Jags but Fitzy looked pretty good last night.  I am probably moving on from PW.  Every damn year I buy into some rando preseason hype.  I did it twice this year with damian harris and Preston.  I never learn

Last edited by a moderator:
Granted it was the Jags but Fitzy looked pretty good last night.  I am probably moving on from PW.  Every damn year I buy into some rando preseason hype.  I did it twice this year with damian harris and Preston.  I never learn
Sometimes we don't have the luxury to hold a guy for very long but I would urge you to hold him til at least mid-season. I'll be forced to move on from him if I can't maintain a .500 record but, if I can, I'm going to try to keep him because I think it's going to take him some time this year to get back in the game mentally and trust his health after recovering from his ACL tear. 

Dynasty hold, but didn't like what I saw last night. I'd need to see snap counts, but he didn't seem to be on the field all that much. I looked for him, too. 

Dynasty hold, but didn't like what I saw last night. I'd need to see snap counts, but he didn't seem to be on the field all that much. I looked for him, too. 
Think it was 60%

Fitz-Parker connection is real and that’s where he goes.  Can’t blame him it’s working....especially when they are leading and don’t need to push downfield as aggressively.

Im disappointed and concerned but not much choice but to hold in dynasty.

Think it was 60%

Fitz-Parker connection is real and that’s where he goes.  Can’t blame him it’s working....especially when they are leading and don’t need to push downfield as aggressively.

Im disappointed and concerned but not much choice but to hold in dynasty.
35 of 61 snaps I think (57%).

I think they are taking it slowly coming of ACL surgery, but it's also possible that they want more speed when they go to that spread offense.

Definitely a dynasty hold.  We knew things were probably going to start slowly coming off the mid-season ACL tear.  And even if Fitz/Parker have a connection that's less relevant for dynasty as Fitz won't be the QB there beyond this year.

Definitely a dynasty hold.  We knew things were probably going to start slowly coming off the mid-season ACL tear.  And even if Fitz/Parker have a connection that's less relevant for dynasty as Fitz won't be the QB there beyond this year.
Yeah, I don't know why I felt the need to clarify that because it's not even a consideration to do anything but. It was more of a segue into the disappointment that he's not superhuman and hasn't immediately started putting up 7-100-1 lines yet.

Sometimes not every implication of the typed word (which fails, often) is one we mean, really.

It's important to remember that when both were healthy last year, the targets/air yards/etc. favored Preston Williams over Parker. It could be that Williams is still being eased into the year and that it would help if the game was closer, but Williams' time is coming. Last year wasn't a mirage.

It's important to remember that when both were healthy last year, the targets/air yards/etc. favored Preston Williams over Parker. It could be that Williams is still being eased into the year and that it would help if the game was closer, but Williams' time is coming. Last year wasn't a mirage.
His catch rate in the NFL so far is under 50%. That's atrocious. I'm not sure he'll ever be a thing.

Very on point. Anyone who thought he was going to blow Parker out of the box Week 1 was really sniffing glue. 

I still see a lot of upside and talent, he scored a freaking TD the other night, what do you people want? The entire offense and 10 targets a week, it isn't gonna happen, not for him and not for most WRs. He will develop, there is almost nothing behind him. I would be more concerned if Miami drafted a WR in the 1st round next year and at the rate they will rack up losses the next 4-5 weeks being bludgeoned by the NFC West, it could still be a Top 10 pick easily. 

I don't see anything he is doing that is wrong. He is working thru an injury, and here is his biggest challenge and many of you GLOSS right over this...Miami is the only team int he NFL starting 2 Rookies on their OL, add in the fact one plays LT and their RT while not a rookie isn't all that great especially at pass blocking, Fitz throws many of his balls into windows and prays his Receivers get there first. Watch the pass he made to Parker 2nd Q, Fitz had rushed for it on 4th and 1 around mid field, they have a camera angle over the shoulder I invite you to watch it and slow it down as Aikman is describing it, it's a thing of beauty how these players can do these things but you see it in a way I promise some of you will be in shock...now that WR he throws to is Parker not Preston Williams who might actually be the drag receiver who went long and clears out so Parker can cut IN, when he does this Fitz has already thrown the football, you'll never understand the game better than this over the shoulder camera angle, God Bless  NFLN or CBS for their coverage and this shot, you can't even see Parker, you just see a figure, it's bizarre but so real. i would pay money to watch the whole game from that particular camera angle, or at least be able to dial that up on replay instantly like they do when they pick and choose. 

Back to WIlliams, let me explain why I spouted out all that, Fitz does not have time to drop back and allow Williams to work 25-30 yds down the field. Parker is that perfect 10-15 yd guy. Now when Tua runs around and buys time and adds a second to the delay of the throw, that will allow Williams to get another 10-15+ yards down the field and gain more separation and they will connect on bombs and you all will be doing cartwheels and i told you so stuff but until we get to that point, can you let the man rehabilitate in peace and catch a few balls and get ready for the eventual baton pass to Tua? 

Preston Williams caught 1-of-3 targets for 15 yards in the Dolphins' Week 4 loss to the Seahawks.

A painful, painful fantasy dud, one that will remove Williams from any starting consideration for the time being. Williams' three looks on an afternoon where Ryan Fitzpatrick attempted 45 passes can't be explained away. The would-be second-year breakout candidate now has just six grabs in four games. It's hard to release Williams' upside to the waiver wire, but with bye weeks and COVID cancellations wreaking havoc, it will probably be a gamble some teams need to make. 

Oct 4, 2020, 5:45 PM ET

It's one thing to note that Williams isn't back to 100%, but it's not like he's toast or running in quicksand. Fitzpatrick is perfectly content to force it to Parker; he isn't really looking off his 1st read/progression right now.

That last line pretty much sums it up for me in redrafts.  Sigh.  Just don't see how I can viably stick him in the lineup as an emergency or bye flex, so, thanks for the efforts, P, maybe I'll look for you in six weeks or so.

It's one thing to note that Williams isn't back to 100%, but it's not like he's toast or running in quicksand. Fitzpatrick is perfectly content to force it to Parker; he isn't really looking off his 1st read/progression right now.
He literally had a DE in his face every time he took a 5 or 7 step drop, they tried shotgun, it's a miracle he doesn't get sacked more. His Tackles were pushed back into him seemed like every time he tried to drop back and look around. 

sometimes situations matter 

his athleticism was elite & he looked so good on film last year...

hoping the best for him but I cut bait two weeks ago in redraft (6 on IR + Thomas/Julio/Godwin)

My "steal of the draft" will be dropped as Aiyuk / Jefferson / Shenault have all replaced him and no further room for him.

Wishing you all the best.

Dolphins WR Preston Williams has been targeted on 11.5 percent of his pass routes this season. 

Meanwhile, DeVante Parker has been targeted on 23.2 percent of his routes and Isaiah Ford has posted a 20.5 percent target per route rate through four weeks. Throw in Mike Gesicki and his 16 percent team target share, and Williams profiles as a low-volume option unless Miami pass catchers struggle with injuries at some point in 2020. Williams went for 15 yards on just three targets in a dream Week 4 matchup against the Seahawks. Parker has emerged as the clear cut No. 1 wideout, and Ford is a better fantasy option than Williams going forward. 

- Rotoworld
I'm really trying to hold out hope but we are coming into Week 5 and that's damning evidence to cut him when the Jakeem Grants/Isaiah Fords of the world are out-targeting you. Maybe try to do a bad WR for bad WR trade or something but yeah, not startable now.

I remember when people were saying he was the WR1 on the team over Parker haha 
He was on that track according to the numbers when both were healthy, then he tore up his knee and Parker flourished. Just because he's not successful now doesn't mean those numbers were wrong in 2019.

The Frankman said:
He was on that track according to the numbers when both were healthy, then he tore up his knee and Parker flourished. Just because he's not successful now doesn't mean those numbers were wrong in 2019.
I mean, I guess you could technically make that argument?  It was a four game sample where he scored 40 points.  Parker scored 36 in that span.

Had to cut bait with him in redraft. I'm sure to try and get him again as he works back into shape, but right now he's not the same player; he's not getting the targets Parker is, he's not catching his targets (catchable or uncatchable), and his snap count/aDoT is starting to worry me in comparison to other players.

Drop in re-draft most definitely, but he’s not going anywhere from my dynasty roster in the near future. Plenty of scope and logic for things to turn around this season and/or next. 

Drop in re-draft most definitely, but he’s not going anywhere from my dynasty roster in the near future. Plenty of scope and logic for things to turn around this season and/or next. 
Started the process of dropping him in my 3 re-drafts this week. Still holding in dynasty for now, wanna see Tua play.

Started the process of dropping him in my 3 re-drafts this week. Still holding in dynasty for now, wanna see Tua play.
This is the ultimate decision maker in Williams’ fantasy future in my opinion. Tua could feed him like crazy or completely ignore him. The offense could get a Burrow-like boost and Tua could be a massive bust and no one in that offense is worth holding. 

Dynasty - IMO, he is a hold.  You won't get any value for him now but if he does see more targets (Fitz or Tua), he might be a trade away "add on".  I turned down too many decent offers in August for me to just drop him.  Stubborn?  Probably.  

But he still has the chance to be worth "flex" in the near future. 

Not sure we can call a guy with 6 catches in 4 games a unicorn. Pretty much any NFL player could do that. 
Oh boy, you’re extremely late to the nickname conversation. I’d recommend you read much further back

Ah okay, so you were just trying to be inflammatory, not offering anything actually useful to the thread. Par for the course for you
I have no idea who you are at all. But it was a comment on the guy’s nickname, maybe settle down? It’s not that serious. 

Dynasty - IMO, he is a hold.  You won't get any value for him now but if he does see more targets (Fitz or Tua), he might be a trade away "add on".  I turned down too many decent offers in August for me to just drop him.  Stubborn?  Probably.  

But he still has the chance to be worth "flex" in the near future. 
IMO he is a great buy low

Users who are viewing this thread