What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Preston Williams, MIA (2 Viewers)

I'm no apologist, but he isn't even a year removed from ACL surgery.
The games I’ve seen, he does not have good burst off the line and it’s causing him to struggle and getting separation. He also doesn’t seem to make sharp cuts… Which might be more telling for the nature of his injury. He may simply not trust his knee yet. As a result, he’s not being targeted much. Every time fitz looks over, he’s blanketed. 

I agree that his knee surgery likely has  much to do with it. Before the season started, 🦄 said he wasn’t close to 100%. I think fairly often we fantasy players overlook such comments as being self-deprecating rather than a realistic assessment.

in this case I think he was being totally accurate.

No, but your way makes it a race to the waiver while games are being played. With mobile maybe that's not a huge deal, but in my leagues you either get waiver priority by record or bid. 

I wouldn't do it your way. But that's why there are different leagues.
Okay, I understand what you are saying.   Yeah...its been that way in our league for 27 years.

If you peel over to the game thread I have highlighted him repeatedly today. 

He is abusing #48 Allen for San Fran and Parker got his TD off same guy, both of them are attacking this DB. 

But the bigger news and I wrote about this, Jackson the LT Rookie is on IR, they have put Jesse Davis in at LT, he certainly isn't any worse than he was at RT and the rookie Hunt is in at RT now, I loved it when they selected him, suddenly Miami has 2, maybe 2.5 seconds to finally get a pass off up the field and that's the big difference IMO right now. 

They are ready to throw the ball down field a little more, Williams is going to have more success and he is coming off injury.

The Unicorn will live on forever. Right now he woke up and is alive. I need the legend to grow. 

30-7 at half, woof SF. 

The fantasy world is so fickle. Don’t produce fast enough they will write you off. The best pet about 🦄 is that he is still recovering/healing... only going to get better

Last edited by a moderator:
I-ROK said:
The fantasy world is so fickle. Don’t produce fast enough they will write you off. The best pet about 🦄 is that he is still recovering/healing... only going to get better
The other best thing about him is that he plays like a true alpha WR so if he ever fully gets it together, the ceiling is immense. 

I-ROK said:
Have you met the 49ers DBs? 

neither have they. 

if you get excited about 🦄  based on this, I have some bad news for you I’m afraid. You may want to sit down for this.  :unsure:

neither have they. 

if you get excited about 🦄  based on this, I have some bad news for you I’m afraid. You may want to sit down for this.  :unsure:
I guess I don’t understand. First it’s he doesn’t see enough targets. Then it’s he doesn’t catch enough of his targets. Then he can’t get separation. Then when he answers all of those criticisms it’s the defense was bad. 

He was doing just this same thing last year. He got off to a slow start this year not even 100% or a year removed from his surgery. Did people expect him to light it up? In fact, I recall people saying last year that there could be a buy low window if he started slow.

I guess I don’t understand. First it’s he doesn’t see enough targets. Then it’s he doesn’t catch enough of his targets. Then he can’t get separation. Then when he answers all of those criticisms it’s the defense was bad. 

He was doing just this same thing last year. He got off to a slow start this year not even 100% or a year removed from his surgery. Did people expect him to light it up? In fact, I recall people saying last year that there could be a buy low window if he started slow.
No. It’s that he’s had 4 games where all those things were true.

Then 🦄 played a no-name terrible secondary. 

Don’t overthink it. Sample size matters. They gave him more targets. He missed a few easy ones early. Then the Dolphins figured out where the weak links were in the secondary & peppered them. 

This game was the exception, not the norm. I’m mot saying he’s not capable of great things....I’m just saying  you can’t trust this game’s results as anything resembling definitive. 

No. It’s that he’s had 4 games where all those things were true.

Then 🦄 played a no-name terrible secondary. 

Don’t overthink it. Sample size matters. They gave him more targets. He missed a few easy ones early. Then the Dolphins figured out where the weak links were in the secondary & peppered them. 

This game was the exception, not the norm. I’m mot saying he’s not capable of great things....I’m just saying  you can’t trust this game’s results as anything resembling definitive. 
Agree to disagree here. I see a guy ascending and taking some very positive steps in a very young career

Preston Williams caught 4-of-5 targets for 106 yards and a touchdown in the Dolphins' Week 5 win over the 49ers. 

All it took to revive Williams after his disappointing first four games was facing off with practice squad CB Brian Allen. Williams ate Allen alive for a 47-yard gain on the Dolphins' first play from scrimmage and was off to the races. Williams' score was a 32-yarder where he split the safeties near the goal line. A huge, needed effort, especially since it involved Williams out-targeting Isaiah Ford 5-2. It's far from "case closed" on Williams' return, but this certainly gets him back in the WR3 mix for plus matchups like next week's date with the laughingstock Jets. 

Oct 11, 2020, 7:18 PM ET

neither have they. 

Bad secondary or not it's a good game to boost his confidence and get a little swag back. He's had a rough start. Appreciate you guys helping the young man out!

Where is that damn horse around here  :deadhorse:  

The OL finally was able to hold their blocks at the Tackle spots allowing Fitz to have a moment or two to drop back and allow for deeper routes to develop while simultaneously treating Brian Allen like a red headed stepchild but there is room for optimism however you also need to temper enthusiasm. The Tackles are holding their blocks allowing Fitz to find time to throw it deeper and that's Preston Williams territory. 

Now I'll be in my office if anyone needs further discussion on this matter, quiz next Monday so be prepared. 

When was this damage done? I had PW on my bench and say that he had 100 yards and the TD, but did all/most of that damage happen in one or two drives? 5 targets in a blowout against a BAD secondary is not real promising.

Preston Williams caught 2-of-3 targets for 18 yards and one touchdown in the Dolphins' Week 6 win over the Jets.

Williams was coming off his first 100-yard game of the season, but his three targets were tied for fourth on the team in this one. Williams, however, did catch a three-yard touchdown, his third in four weeks, in the second quarter. Williams is coming on of late but is still tough to trust as anything more than a WR4 after next week's bye. The Dolphins get the Rams in Week 8.

Oct 18, 2020, 8:19 PM ET

We're about to find out, 2 weeks wait though, if Tua can unlock the Unicorn. He's a hard animal to find, but if Tua can do it then look out. I hope with all my might it does happen, but the volume as is right now, doesn't strike a great amount of confidence. 

We're about to find out, 2 weeks wait though, if Tua can unlock the Unicorn. He's a hard animal to find, but if Tua can do it then look out. I hope with all my might it does happen, but the volume as is right now, doesn't strike a great amount of confidence. 
wow, had no idea Fitzpatrick was getting benched, don't think he deserved it but sounds like the Dolphins are sticking to a long term plan...which makes sense.

wow, had no idea Fitzpatrick was getting benched, don't think he deserved it but sounds like the Dolphins are sticking to a long term plan...which makes sense.
Same here. This is a weird benching. He didn't deserve to lose his spot at QB, really. Nothing in this situation or about Tua inspires confidence in me here...

Same here. This is a weird benching. He didn't deserve to lose his spot at QB, really. Nothing in this situation or about Tua inspires confidence in me here...
Everyone knows Tua is the future, it's not exactly a benching but more of a lets figure out how our future looks. Fitz isn't the future, as good as he's playing and how close to competitive they are. It's a very clear team that knows where they fall in the landscape. Kind of refreshing actually to me. 

Everyone knows Tua is the future, it's not exactly a benching but more of a lets figure out how our future looks. Fitz isn't the future, as good as he's playing and how close to competitive they are. It's a very clear team that knows where they fall in the landscape. Kind of refreshing actually to me. 
Right. But right now Football Outsiders has Miami with a  34% chance of going to the playoffs. Why play this year to wait and see? They could let him soak it in from the bench while a competent QB leads their team (not that Tua isn't competent, but Fitz surely is right now) into possible contention. 

Right. But right now Football Outsiders has Miami with a  34% chance of going to the playoffs. Why play this year to wait and see? They could let him soak it in from the bench while a competent QB leads their team (not that Tua isn't competent, but Fitz surely is right now) into possible contention. 
Because you play to win.  Flores and Fitz have seen Tua in practice and both know that he is the best QB right now.  Football Outsiders will adjust accordingly.  Fitz was recently gushing over how Tua makes throws that he couldn't think of making.

Users who are viewing this thread