What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Parris Campbell, NYG (1 Viewer)

Sensitivity rules out. So it shows who is most likely to not be a fantasy wr1 or even wr2. 

You can read the thread for the exact numbers yourself
You were the one who said your highly scientific study has high sensitivity; so I ask you what is the value of its sensitivity, you tell me to go figure it out myself and your done talking. 

That's funny. I dont care who you are, that's funny.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know that anyone is saying Campbell is a lock for stardom. BUT, he was drafted early, Andrew Luck is his QB, Hilton is of the age where most (not all) WRs start slowing down, and Funchess has hands of stone. So there is a LOT to like about this situation. 

Courtland Sutton among young receivers set to break out in 2019

Excerpt:

Parris Campbell, Indianapolis Colts

Playing my entire 14-year NFL career in Indianapolis, I am more than familiar with the organization and know what is expected. Campbell didn't waste any time making an impression, as several coaches recently told me they were happy with the rookie in OTAs. The speedster will man the slot for the Colts' offense this fall and serve as a great complement to T.Y. Hilton and free-agent addition Devin Funchess. At Ohio State, Campbell impressively gained 809 of his 1,063 receiving yards after the catch in 2018 (second-most in the FBS), according to Pro Football Focus. With the veterans attracting most of the attention, the second-round pick should get ample opportunity to showcase that speed.

2019 Fantasy Football: Rookie wide receiver breakdown with Parris Campbell and N'keal Harry out front

Excerpt:

PARRIS CAMPBELL, WR, INDIANAPOLIS COLTS 

5-11 7/8, 205, 22 years old 

Campbell is a good talent who landed in an amazing situation: Catching passes from Andrew Luck in the Colts' exciting and creative offense. Not bad for a receiver with very good speed and an 82 percent catch rate in college. A smooth and diverse route runner, Campbell specialized in the slot at Ohio State and worked in the short-area as a chain mover. If used similarly with the Colts, he'll be an instant hit as a middle-of-the-field target for Luck, particularly one who will never have to worry about coverage zoned in on him thanks to T.Y. Hilton. But there's also room for him to develop into a better all-around receiver, including a deep-ball threat. That kind of potential is sweet for Fantasy fans to think about, making Campbell a reliable high-volume wideout for years to come.  

2019 DRAFT OUTLOOK: Around 80th overall in PPR leagues; between 90th and 100th overall in non-PPR leagues. 

ROOKIE-ONLY DRAFT OUTLOOK: The safest rookie receiver out there — good enough for a top-five pick, but likely to go in the back half of Round 1.

You were the one who said your highly scientific study has high sensitivity; so I ask you what is the value of its sensitivity, you tell me to go figure it out myself and your done talking. 

I never said it was highly scientific. I was trying to explain it to you when your math reasoning was at the grade school level. I am sorry you still cant comprehend this idea and I wish you luck in this upcoming season

FTR: sensitivity for fantasy wr1

BA age >50%tile and DR >25%= 91.3% specificity

BA age >50%title and DR >30% = 79% specificity

sensitivity for top 24:

62% at 50%BA and 25% DR

70% at 50%BA and  30% DR

All based on the last 10 years. 

Campbell misses on both: 34th%title BA and 23.5%DR

Colts coach Frank Reich has been impressed with rookie WR Parris Campbell.

Campbell, known for his YAC ability on underneath routes, has played bigger than his 6-foot, 205-pound frame would suggest. Reich said, "What he did in the red zone weren’t hybrid, gadget, slot receiver type plays. They were legit, NFL, I’m going to be a stud receiver plays." Training camp buzz has all been positive for the No. 59 overall pick, who remains "in the mix" for WR3 duties behind T.Y. Hilton and Devin Funchess. Campbell should struggle for targets, but he's definitely a player worth monitoring.

SOURCE: Mike Wells on Twitter

Jul 28, 2019, 5:11 PM ET

Funchess was carted off, but was able to walk off the cart under his own power. 

It's probably nothing, but something to watch for.  If Funchess winds up missing time, Campbell becomes much more interesting.

Funchess was carted off, but was able to walk off the cart under his own power. 

It's probably nothing, but something to watch for.  If Funchess winds up missing time, Campbell becomes much more interesting.
Funchess will lose snaps to Campbell sooner than later. Luck won't enjoy Funchess' stone hands. 

Bakers Act said:
Funchess is a speed bump about the size of a pinhead on Campbells road to the starting gig and future #1.
According to the one guy in the comment right above yours, Campbell still has to pass that Chester fellow.

The value is that if a player doesn't meet those two criteria they are more likely to never reach the levels of WR1/WR2.  It does not mean it cannot happen.  It just means it likely won't happen.  Its additional information that you can use to form your opinions.  It is not absolute and I don't think it was ever stated that it was absolute. 

My excitement for him has increased quite a bit.  If he starts right away, how much does he move up in rookie rankings?

Parris Campbell has missed the last three days of practice with a hamstring injury.

Campbell tore it up in Sunday's practice this past weekend, drawing rave reviews from coach Frank Reich and every media member who was in attendance, but that's the day he was injured. Campbell has looked good when he's been out there, but word is Chester Rogers has still been holding onto the No. 3 job behind T.Y. Hilton and Devin Funchess.

SOURCE: George Bremer on Twitter

Jul 31, 2019, 9:45 AM ET

Indianapolis Colts ruled rookie WR Parris Campbell inactive for the preseason opener.

Campbell has missed training camp practices with a hamstring injury, but he was showing well earlier this offseason. It would be nice to see Campbell suit up for multiple preseason games since he's competing with veterans for the No. 3 job behind T.Y. Hilton and Devin Funchess. The full inactives list can be found in the link below.

SOURCE: Colts on Twitter

Aug 8, 2019, 5:40 PM ET

Updating an earlier report, Parris Campbell suffered a setback to his injured hamstring on Sunday.

Campbell was on the cusp of returning from a two-week absence but apparently "felt something" Sunday, prompting Indy to pump the brakes on his comeback efforts. The Colts see it as only a minor inconvenience, though even if the rookie makes it back before the regular season starts, it's hard to see him making an early impact after missing so much time.

SOURCE: Joel Erickson on Twitter

Aug 12, 2019, 11:03 AM ET

Where's his dynasty value at now?   Playing in one of the pass heaviest offenses with one of the best QB's--I thought he had future fantasy star written allover him.  Now he's got to get healthy and ascend the depth chart just to catch passes from Brisett.  And I know a lot of people are saying Brisett will be better than he was last go round.  I'm sure he will.  But Indy was an elite landing spot for a WR because of Luck.  

Where's his dynasty value at now?   Playing in one of the pass heaviest offenses with one of the best QB's--I thought he had future fantasy star written allover him.  Now he's got to get healthy and ascend the depth chart just to catch passes from Brisett.  And I know a lot of people are saying Brisett will be better than he was last go round.  I'm sure he will.  But Indy was an elite landing spot for a WR because of Luck.  
Toilet until / if they can find a decent QB.  Brissett isn’t it.  Maybe Chad Kelly is.

You have to downgrade him a bit. How much? Hmmmm it's tough to say. He's not going to be an elite QB #1WR in a couple years now though........

Toilet until / if they can find a decent QB.  Brissett isn’t it.  Maybe Chad Kelly is.
I dunno, he's actually a check-down artist's best friend.  Biggest concern was that a Luck-driven offense might demand things out of him he can't deliver, and those concerns are gone now.  There will be a lot more urgency to just move the chains and make plays any way possible.

I dropped him...they have gone from 4500 yards to sperad around to maybe 3000.  That's a massive drop and he's going to be on the losing end of that.

killface said:
I dropped him...they have gone from 4500 yards to sperad around to maybe 3000.  That's a massive drop and he's going to be on the losing end of that.
Did the same thing, and had possible late RD Keeper rights ... decided to roll the dice on other young WRs in better situations.

killface said:
I'm assuming your league is a redraft league and not dynasty?

jm192 said:
I just grabbed him at 2.04 in a PPR rookie draft.  A couple whacky picks but he was going 1.07/1.08 in my others before the Luck news.

Parris Campbell (hamstring) returned to Colts practice on Monday.

This isn't the news it would have been before Andrew Luck's retirement, but it is still a much-needed development for the Colts. The No. 59 overall pick has missed essentially all of training camp. That, coupled with the Colts' quarterback downgrade to Jacoby Brissett makes it highly unlikely that Campbell will make an early-season re-draft impact out of the slot, but he is still a movable chess piece for creative coach Frank Reich.

SOURCE: Mike Chappell on Twitter

Aug 26, 2019, 1:46 PM ET

It's dynasty but i figure he will still be relatively unknown going into next year so he could probably still be had pretty cheap.
Unless your dynasty roster size is < 22, there is no way I would drop him right now.

This specifically (people drafting Campbell in the mid/late 1st in rookie drafts) or generally speaking (that situations in the NFL can change insanely quickly)?  

If the latter, I agree.  If the former, I’m not sure Campbell was getting drafted over players whom were/are any different from him from a talent, pedigree, and draft capital perspective was he?  I’m sure he was elevated a few spots because Luck was his QB.  But I think you’re getting terrible odds if you DON’T at all factor into the equation of Campbell’s worth that Luck was projected to be his QB for the next 8-10 years.  

This specifically (people drafting Campbell in the mid/late 1st in rookie drafts) or generally speaking (that situations in the NFL can change insanely quickly)?  

If the latter, I agree.  If the former, I’m not sure Campbell was getting drafted over players whom were/are any different from him from a talent, pedigree, and draft capital perspective was he?  I’m sure he was elevated a few spots because Luck was his QB.  But I think you’re getting terrible odds if you DON’T at all factor into the equation of Campbell’s worth that Luck was projected to be his QB for the next 8-10 years.  
Specifically - while Campbell is a good player who was drafted pretty high by the Colts he wasn't a player I had in the top tier of WR prospects. Perhaps other people did. So if they did then they were drafting the player not the situation.

At least from my perspective better players were being passed for Campbell and the only reason I could see for that is because of Luck.

Generally things do change faster than we anticipate they will. Your last comment about Campbell being with Luck for 8+ years assumes too much. I do not place any value on any player for seasons beyond 3 from today. Too much changes in my view over that time period.

I agree that we have to factor in situation. Just saying that this is a good example of how doing so can go wrong.

Maybe Campbell is great though and has a fantastic career without Luck anyways. I am guessing a lot of folks would like to make this choice over with the new information.

Maybe I'm a biased Campbell owner but I don't think this hurts him all that much, even in the short term. Sure, you'd rather have Andrew Luck throwing you the ball, but one of the appealing things about Campbell to me was that he looked like a guy who didn't necessarily need to be tied to a great QB to be productive because he had the potential to thrive in a short passing game and make plays with his YAC ability and speed, rather than nuanced route running or timing throws. As long as they find ways to get him the ball, I think he'll be fine. The overall downgrade of the offense without Luck certainly can't be dismissed outright though. 

Maybe I'm a biased Campbell owner but I don't think this hurts him all that much, even in the short term. Sure, you'd rather have Andrew Luck throwing you the ball, but one of the appealing things about Campbell to me was that he looked like a guy who didn't necessarily need to be tied to a great QB to be productive because he had the potential to thrive in a short passing game and make plays with his YAC ability and speed, rather than nuanced route running or timing throws. As long as they find ways to get him the ball, I think he'll be fine. The overall downgrade of the offense without Luck certainly can't be dismissed outright though. 
2017 TY Hilton begs to differ. unless you're saying Campbell is better than TY Hilton

I took him at 2.10 in a rookie draft on Sunday.  8th WR off the board, PPR, 20 man rosters.  Hard to say how much further he might have fallen.  I didn't have a 3rd and didn't want to trade down.

I took him at 2.10 in a rookie draft on Sunday.  8th WR off the board, PPR, 20 man rosters.  Hard to say how much further he might have fallen.  I didn't have a 3rd and didn't want to trade down.
This seems insanely reactive to me.

I don’t think he becomes trash, but I do think it’s a major hit. Playing on a team that throws that much with one of the best QB’s in the league was one of the best situations to fall into.  

I’d be really high on most wr’s drafted in the 1st 2 rounds going to a Luck led Colts

This is a good example of why you draft the player and not the situation.
This. 

the main reason people loved him so much was  because of his situation. 

He was being drafted ahead of AJ Brown. AJ Brown would have been 1.1 or 1.2 if he was drafted to any other team in the nfl. 

Unless your dynasty roster size is < 22, there is no way I would drop him right now.
ours is only 18 spots so he's gone

he's going to have a mediocre season this year so he's not going to be top of people's mind next year...waste of space

This. 

the main reason people loved him so much was  because of his situation. 

He was being drafted ahead of AJ Brown. AJ Brown would have been 1.1 or 1.2 if he was drafted to any other team in the nfl. 
I don't think it's obvious that AJ Brown is more talented than Campbell, regardless of situation. I actually think AJ Brown is pretty overrated in dynasty at this point. 

Users who are viewing this thread