What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Which college will Matthew Hurt choose? My granddaughter at game with Calipari and Krzyzewski in attendence (1 Viewer)

JohnnyU

Footballguy
Hurt plays for a local HS here in Rochester (John Marshall) and my granddaughter was at the game between John Marshall vs Century (her Alma mater).  She sent me a text with a picture of John Calipari in the stands.  She didn't send a pic of Krzyzewski, but I asked her how close they were sitting from each other and she said they were on opposite sides of the stands.  Anyway, Hurt scored 41 points 12 rebounds and 10 assists in a John Marshall victory 87-70 Sectional game.   I guess it really comes down to Kansas, Kentucky, North Caroliina and Duke, even though Minnesota is in his list of schools.  Not sure who he will pick, but rumors has it Kansas is in the lead.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whichever one pays him more.  Allegedly.

FBGs Poll results said he's worse than ISIS...so she made the right call to get Cal's pic.
Somehow I don't think Ky, Kansas, North Carolina and Duke has to pay players.  They know they will be paid after one season by being a lottery pick if they are good enough, or a first rd pick.  Minnesota may need to pay players, but I don't think Hurt falls into that category of needing to be bought.  I think he comes from a financially stable family.  North Carolina on the other hand always has those fake classes he could attend, but my guess is that he's smart enough not to need them :)

ETA:  It was naive of me to say the top schools don't have to pay players, because they do.  You just hope and pray your team doesn't get caught :)

Kansas was probably the front runner at the beginning but a lot are believing Duke may be in the lead now. They definitely will have plenty of minutes for him next year 

Somehow I don't think Ky, Kansas, North Carolina and Duke has to pay players.  They know they will be paid after one season by being a lottery pick if they are good enough, or a first rd pick.  Minnesota may need to pay players, but I don't think Hurt falls into that category of needing to be bought.  I think he comes from a financially stable family.  North Carolina on the other hand always has those fake classes he could attend, but my guess is that he's smart enough not to need them :)
The bigs pay players. They all have a bag man that takes care of big time recruits.

It would be cool if he went to Minnesota and put them on the map in terms of college basketball 

Can’t come to Memphis... already too many good players once watford signs. No room for him

I wish Duke would too.
Yeah, they are all in on this.

I can see a scenario where Bill Self leaves Kansas after this season for the NBA, with Kansas getting some severe penalties shortly thereafter. The ADIDAS money train from Lawrence is going to be non-existent for awhile, which means he won't be able to recruit diddly for the next couple of years.

Yeah, they are all in on this.

I can see a scenario where Bill Self leaves Kansas after this season for the NBA, with Kansas getting some severe penalties shortly thereafter. The ADIDAS money train from Lawrence is going to be non-existent for awhile, which means he won't be able to recruit diddly for the next couple of years.
USC recovered in football quickly.  Penn St went from death penalty talk to top talent in a few years.  Kansas basketball will be just fine.

...and yes, 'they' are absolutely all in on it.  People pulling a Casablanca routine about the bag-dropping is kind of crazy.

How terrible are the “Blue Blood” coaches that they don’t win more games when they get all the best players?

Hope Matthew Hurt goes to play with his brother Michael at the University of Minnesota. Go Gophers!

How terrible are the “Blue Blood” coaches that they don’t win more games when they get all the best players?

Hope Michael Hurt goes to play with his brother Matthew at the University of Minnesota. Go Gophers!
When you have as much roster turnover as some of them do it’s tough.  Calipari has taken Kentucky to 4 final fours and a title in 9 years and usually has a new team every year.  That’s pretty good IMO.  It’s tough to win with mostly freshman no matter how good they are.

When you have as much roster turnover as some of them do it’s tough.  Calipari has taken Kentucky to 4 final fours and a title in 9 years and usually has a new team every year.  That’s pretty good IMO.  It’s tough to win with mostly freshman no matter how good they are.
Yeah it really tough when you have a full roster then some of McDonald all Americans every year.  

Yeah it really tough when you have a full roster then some of McDonald all Americans every year.  
Freshman are freshman.  Not too many Zion Williamson, RJ Barret, Karl Anthony Towns and Anthony Davis’ out there.  Most of the time freshman play like freshman.

Freshman are freshman 
Come on. Calipari is the biggest crook in college basketball so I have zero respect for him. Just look at his last 2 colleges - Memphis and Umass.  There’s so much corruption in college basketball that I believe the fbi needs to step in because the ncaa is turning a blind eye for fear of killing the golden goose.  Just look at the non-sanctions vs North Carolina for the fake college classes...  

Come on. Calipari is the biggest crook in college basketball.  Just look at his last 2 colleges - Memphis and Umass.  There’s so much corruption in college basketball that I believe the fbi needs to step in because the ncaa is turning a blind eye for fear of killing the golden goose.  Just look at the non-sanctions vs North Carolina for the fake college classes...  
He wasn’t implicated in either.  Camby was involved with a booster and the Memphis incident was about academic eligibility after the player was initially cleared.  Again, nothing to do with Calipari 

Soyou qualified it by excluding players that are playing for the teams in question?  Who's argument are you trying to support?
Just saying it’s hard to win all the time when you’re turning over your roster every year, but Calipari’s 4 final fours in 9 years is pretty good.

So you think it's a mistake?
Not sure.  Calipari and K have been successful.  I think the NBA rule they must play one year in college is stupid.  They should be able to go Pro out of high school and if they don’t get selected in the first round they should be able to go to college, whether they’ve hired an agent or not.

He wasn’t implicated in either.  Camby was involved with a booster and the Memphis incident was about academic eligibility after the player was initially cleared.  Again, nothing to do with Calipari 
So you believe calipari hasn’t violated any ncaa rules to date... he has impeccable timing as immediately after he left the hammer came down Leaving both programs in total disarray..

So you believe calipari hasn’t violated any ncaa rules to date... he has impeccable timing as immediately after he left the hammer came down Leaving both programs in total disarray..
Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty?  Calipari hasn’t been implicated in any violations.  That’s what I do know.  Again, Camby violation was booster related and the other was grades of a player AFTER he had already been cleared and found later to have been ineligible.

ETA  What does this have to do with Matthew Hurt?  Back on topic.

:IN:

What is everyone’s thoughts on indefinitely suspending Will Wade (LSU) and Javonte Smart?  I think our AD is caving in to the media.  Does it sound bad, yes.  Does it sound any worse than the Zion stuff right now, no way.  Duke and Kansas still have their coaches coaching.

By the way our AD is the same guy who handled the Duke Lacrosee deal and hired Coach O.

Users who are viewing this thread