What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Poll on the voting habits of white supremacists (1 Viewer)

Do you believe that politicians that vocally support white nationalism have encouraged more open rac

• Yes

Votes: 88 89.8%
  • No

Votes: 10 10.2%

• Total voters

huthut

Footballguy
Was thinking about making a post in the New Zealand thread, but then figured a poll might be more interesting. What are the assumptions of the voting trends of what seems to be a resurgence of racism around the world. To me it seems the mask has slipped off of the common dog whistle racism of the 80's and become overtly racist for some talking heads and politicians, and that seems to be emboldening people who might have been racist in private to become racist in public. This is allowing white supremacists to feel like they have a large movement behind them, and further encourage acts of terrorism.  

Sorry, was not planning on making a thread and got kind of rushed before work. Maybe vocally supports is too strong and something like tacitly supports would have been better? Good people on both sides and all that.

The problem isn't who white supremacists (or insert any other "bad" group in place of them) votes for - the problem is if one or both of the parties doesn't disavow said group.

2. Do you believe that politicians that vocally support white nationalism have encouraged more open racism in public?

I answered yes here, but I don't think any of it is intentional.  I think politicians who have white supremist leanings (i.e King, Trump, etc) make comments that lean towards white supremacism without explicitly saying so.    The white supremacists pick up on what is said (and not said), and feel emboldened because here's someone in power saying what they think.  I don't believe that Trump/King are out there explicitly encouraging white supremacism so it's hard to call them out for it, but they are certainly implying.

2. Do you believe that politicians that vocally support white nationalism have encouraged more open racism in public?

I answered yes here, but I don't think any of it is intentional.  I think politicians who have white supremist leanings (i.e King, Trump, etc) make comments that lean towards white supremacism without explicitly saying so.    The white supremacists pick up on what is said (and not said), and feel emboldened because here's someone in power saying what they think.  I don't believe that Trump/King are out there explicitly encouraging white supremacism so it's hard to call them out for it, but they are certainly implying.
I think this is a positive feedback loop. Trump/whatever leader finds out people are a bit racist so he says and enacts some racist policies. The racists see the leader being racist and feel emboldened so they express their racism to a greater degree. The leader sees them get more racist and he wants to keep that momentum going so the line is moved even moreso, and on and on. When does it stop? I hope it stops soon.

I'm being serious....I don't know any.

If the poll was  "what is the political leaning of gay men"  I also would say I dont know..because I don't know any of them either(that I know of)

Last edited by a moderator:

Correct me if I’m wrong but wasn’t King quoted a few months ago making explicit white supremacist comments? He got kicked from a committee chair didn’t he? Maybe that’s not “explicitly encouraging”-which seems to mean something like “Please, everyone become a white supremacist” but short of saying that, “encouraging” takes many forms. So I absolutely think it’s “intentional”. People promote these obscene views exactly in the hope of gaining support for them. That seems pretty intentional to me.

With Trump, he will do almost anything for self interest. He was encouraging violence at rallies, continues to make implicit threats towards opposition. He speaks to his supporters in various ways, a large segment of whom are at least sympathetic (or willing to turn a blind eye) towards white supremacy. I don’t know that “explicit encouragement” is even necessary.

Andrew Gillum encapsulated it best in the DeSantis debate, “I’m not calling him a racist. But the racists believe he’s a racist.”

Whether politicians like DeSantis, Trump and King have the same hatred in their hearts or merely espouse these beliefs to pander to racists for votes is another question. Neither is healthy or helpful for society.

Donald Trump is clearly a nationalist. "Make America Great Again?" Both insinuating America is not great, and that it needs to be made great again, isn't nationalist? 

Until recent elections I’d say they vote moderately to heavily-republican, with a side of libertarian 

But today I’d say overwhelmingly Trumpian

Sorry, was not planning on making a thread and got kind of rushed before work. Maybe vocally supports is too strong and something like tacitly supports would have been better? Good people on both sides and all that.
To clarify, that quote was about people on both sides of the statue debate. Not White Supremacy, which is falsely repeated.

May I ask your age and where you live?  Because not knowing ANY gay people seems inconceivable to me. 
I think so too..But I honestly don't know any.   As I said, that I know of.   We suspect a couple friends may be, but we aren't sure.

But yeah, I don't know any---not that it matters to me in the slightest.  

Define “white nationalism”

i know what white supremacy is, but I don’t think I have ever heard a cogent definition of “white nationalism”

Define “white nationalism”

i know what white supremacy is, but I don’t think I have ever heard a cogent definition of “white nationalism”
I’ll take a shot as this interests me too.

I’ll just say in advance we were subjected to at least three serious campaigns by David Duke. He’s a white supremacist but he often cloaked his commentary in conservatism, nationalism and white nationalism. They are not the same things. He would even use liberalism sounds in the sense of reverse discrimination and NAAWP are basically using liberal noises. He slipped in and out of these in his language but he was always a white supremacist.

In short to me white nationalism means the belief that a nation is defined by a certain ethnicity and religion (white & Christian) in its core tenets and nature. White supremacism means a belief in racial superiority explicitly and also that that superiority must be enforced by law and force if need be.

In short to me white nationalism means the belief that a nation is defined by a certain ethnicity and religion (white & Christian) in its core tenets and nature. White supremacism means a belief in racial superiority explicitly and also that that superiority must be enforced by law and force if need be.
I don’t think any politician has supported the idea that white and Christian defines America. “All men are created equal” and  the Bill of Rights are core tenets.  

I don’t think any politician has supported the idea that white and Christian defines America. “All men are created equal” and  the Bill of Rights are core tenets.  
The only federal one I can think of is King in Iowa, he said as much. Of course David Duke here too, but that was a state legislature.

Plenty of politicians expressly support the idea that America is a Christian nation, and dogwhistle support “white” culture

You realize 'white supremacist' don't like Republicans so much as they hate the racial preferences and white bashing from Democrats.   Having a system where people are not treated equally will always create strife.  Equality is the only real answer.  

I'm being serious....I don't know any.

If the poll was  "what is the political leaning of gay men"  I also would say I dont know..because I don't know any of them either(that I know of)
Wait, so you think you need to know an actual person from a subset of a population to venture a solid guess as to who they would vote for?

And then even so, you would extrapolate that whi that one person votes for is indicitave of the rest?

I don’t care how they vote, anymore than I care how Islamic terrorists vote, or Charles Manson, or the Unibomber. 

What’s important is not how they vote, but that the rest of us don’t vote for any of them. 

Donald Trump down?

Juxtatarot said:
I view him more as your typical old man racist than white nationalist.
Donald Trump doesn't hold any more racism in his heart than either of you. No decision the President makes has anything to do with belief, governance, good or evil. Advancement of the Trump brand is all he has ever cared about and his best customers are Russians, racists & rageaholics. Considering his actions in any other context is puerile & naive. 

Donald Trump doesn't hold any more racism in his heart than either of you. No decision the President makes has anything to do with belief, governance, good or evil. Advancement of the Trump brand is all he has ever cared about and his best customers are Russians, racists & rageaholics. Considering his actions in any other context is puerile & naive. 
Totally disagree.

Embracing racists...pandering to them...silently (or not)  condoning their actions, regardless of the motivations, makes one a racist.

And I do believe that he holds a great deal of racism in his heart.  

Totally disagree.

Embracing racists...pandering to them...silently (or not)  condoning their actions, regardless of the motivations, makes one a racist.

No doubt he's advancing racism on a massive scale but, if the fleekin' woke (the flip side of the selfishness coin) were as prevalent & easily got as the ragin' racists, the President's hairhat would be made of snowflakes.

nobody can answer these two question without their answers being politically motivated ........nobody here really knows any white nationalists do they? ....  I doubt most racists (blacks and whites) even vote ............ the racism towards Jewish people coming from muslimn communities is far more real than white nationalists in the USA

world wide I have no idea

Totally disagree.

Totally agree. The distinction “in his heart” is totally meaningless. And I also agree there is racism “in his heart”. The fact that this racism is congruent with his self interest is not really relevant.

Acceptance of outcomes=contextual racism.

people stop apologizing and minimizing the behavior of this piece of filth. He is what he is. Please, some clarity.

Wait, so you think you need to know an actual person from a subset of a population to venture a solid guess as to who they would vote for?

And then even so, you would extrapolate that whi that one person votes for is indicitave of the rest?
I wouldnt presume to know nor judge someone I dont know or know nothing about.  

Except for black men, who were only 60% equal. And of course it didn't include woman. So aside from that, yeah, all men are created equal.

You realize 'white supremacist' don't like Republicans so much as they hate the racial preferences and white bashing from Democrats.   Having a system where people are not treated equally will always create strife.  Equality is the only real answer.  
Shocking that your post is sympathetic to nationalists!

The mail bomber mentioned Trump.

The Synagogue shooter mentioned Trump.

The Coast guard white supremacist mentioned Trump.

The New Zealand terrorist mentioned Trump. 

It's almost as if there's some sort of pattern.

Many people are too blinded by hate or just flat out lack the intelligence to understand this.

And speaking of white supremacists, a recap of 2019:

D governor from VA poses in blackface/KKK attire, still in office, media and Democrats gave him a pass because if his party.

David Duke (KKK leader) praises the Muslim D representative who made the anti-Semitic comments, she has not disavowed. Link

I don't know why Joe allows these troll threads to stay, I guess the hate and division generate clicks.

You would think the revenue from 400k subscriptions would be enough, I guess not.
David Duke having an Omar lovefest and saying she is the most important member of Congress is my favorite.  Total media black out on this.  I wonder why?

The mail bomber mentioned Trump.

The Synagogue shooter mentioned Trump.

The Coast guard white supremacist mentioned Trump.

The New Zealand terrorist mentioned Trump. 

It's almost as if there's some sort of pattern.
lol. Not exactly a glowing endorsement.

Were/are you a supporter of Donald Trump? As a symbol of renewed white identity and common purpose? Sure. As a policy maker and leader? Dear god no.

Users who are viewing this thread