What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anybody with experience of being a basketball college recruit? (1 Viewer)

The Dude

Footballguy
Just curious.  For yourself or your child.  Doesn't have to be D1.  Please share.  Seems like an awesome experience.

It was in 1996 and all I did was go on a few campus visits.  They were fun, but nothing crazy.  It was just cool spending the night on a college campus.  Pretty much just stared at the college girls like I was visiting a zoo and talked basketball with the players.

Went to Lindenwood University because it was away from home, they had a sweet new arena and I got a great scholarship offer.  One of the best decisions of my life.

I was a starting forward next to a 6'8 (huge 50 yrs ago) center my only year of varsity basketball (i quit school a month into my jr yr) and he got a lot of attention. The recruiter for Div III New England College saw he had no shot at Charlie, so he told me to call him if i grew another inch or two. Does that count?

ETA: Charlie went on to be a teammate of Dr J @ UMass

Last edited by a moderator:
My friends daughter just went thru it.  Her experience was unique in that she was ranked number one in her class.  She was allowed eleven home visits and five official campus visits.  She'll be playing on the McDonald's game whenever that is and the Jordan brand game in Vegas next month.  She just got the Naismith award last week.

I was a starting forward next to a 6'8 (huge 50 yrs ago) center my only year of varsity basketball (i quit school a month into my jr yr) and he got a lot of attention. The recruiter for Div III New England College saw he had no shot at Charlie, so he told me to call him if i grew another inch or two. Does that count?

ETA: Charlie went on to be a teammate of Dr J @ UMass
Charlie Peters

Not basketball, but two sons wrestling D1.  They enjoyed the experience.  Each school was different in how they did the visits.  They could get a feel almost right away if the school was going to be a fit for them from the coaches to the athletes.  

Users who are viewing this thread