What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Baseball Forum Pinned Thread (2 Viewers)

Just passed John Smoltz in the ATL airport. We caught eyes, I nodded, we shared a moment. I didn’t want to be douchey and stop him. 

What in God's name did Ozzie Albies just do?

Second baseman Ozzie Albies and the Atlanta Braves are in agreement on a seven-year, $35M contract extension that includes a pair of club option, a source familiar with the deal tells ESPN. It will keep Albies under club control past his age-30 season, a key for teams these days.
I hope his agent has an alternate career option lined up.

I wouldn't buy a ticket for Opening Day 2021.   A work stoppage is almost a certainty.

I wonder how this likelihood factors into current player contract negotiations :shrug:

First time ever no hits.  My ROTO team right now is 0-24 hitting and Evoldi got lit up. Dropped 13 points on one day...yikes!

Eephus said:
I wouldn't buy a ticket for Opening Day 2021.   A work stoppage is almost a certainty.

I wonder how this likelihood factors into current player contract negotiations :shrug:
Why are these players suddenly signing these deals? Locked into all these arb years? That’s not really a new thing though. 

Garrett Hampson is not seizing the moment. His PT obstacles in Murphy and McMahon have been removed, the coast is clear, and yet he is flailing away. 
His OPS+ going into the series in SF is a sizzling -52.

It's tough to blame the rookie for team-wide underperformance.  Arenado, Blackmon and Desmond aren't hitting either.  Neither was Murphy before he got hurt.

What the hell is wrong with this Rockies offense?  
It isn't this simple, but they scored 6 runs in 3 of their 5 home games and the rest of their games have been on the road.  If this were June instead of early April I doubt anyone would have noticed.

His OPS+ going into the series in SF is a sizzling -52.

It's tough to blame the rookie for team-wide underperformance.  Arenado, Blackmon and Desmond aren't hitting either.  Neither was Murphy before he got hurt.
Ian Desmond has wRC+'s the last three years of 69, 81 and -12 so far this year. UZR -6.6, -11.9, -1.0. I get he has a big contract but it's gotta be (a year past) time to look at it as a sunk cost and move on, doesn't it?

Are they going to be treating Snell with kiddie gloves all year?  He has a 1 hitter with 9 Ks going into the 7th with only 82 pitches and a 1 run lead and they take him out?  It may cost them a win.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Why did the Sox sign Sale to an extension BEFORE seeing him pitch this season especially after his injury last year?

Users who are viewing this thread